April 19, 2024, 01:52:58 AM

Author Topic: TT come like a bright SEA pupil in form three.  (Read 10088 times)

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: TT come like a bright SEA pupil in form three.
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2006, 11:30:57 AM »
This post just shows a difference of opinion between two of the theories of expectation.

Realism and Optimism....which side are u on??

I love Trinidad and Tobago Football and i will be in Germany supporting the boys, but some of us ah lil too sensitive when people reveal the truth about our team!!

Man does talk about upset and underdog victory, but de same men who always seem to bring up Cameroon and Senegal's victory does apparently forget what Argentina did to Jamaica and what Germany did to Saudi Arabia!!

nice post touches!!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2006, 11:37:43 AM »
I don"t know These 15,000 people , i know men on the street ,sport fans , who say f#@k soccer ;D

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2006, 11:41:47 AM »
This post just shows a difference of opinion between two of the theories of expectation.

I love Trinidad and Tobago Football and i will be in Germany supporting the boys, but some of us ah lil too sensitive when people reveal the truth about our team!!

Man does talk about upset and underdog victory, but de same men who always seem to bring up Cameroon and Senegal's victory does apparently forget what Argentina did to Jamaica and what Germany did to Saudi Arabia!!

nice post touches!!

ah love it!!

Yeah ent   :beermug: take one fuh this post Andre, like they choose not to remember them cutarse at all.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2006, 11:51:29 AM »

the truth is...when it comes to supporting your team, we are all both. For example...If T&T plays Argentina...every T&T fan will hope we win. We know that under certain circumstances the underdog can and has prevailed. But if we lose, can you honestly say you would be surprised? Realism and optimism are not mutually exclusive sympathies. So when Touches say we would get a cutarse from Germany, he not saying that T&T cyah beat them...he just saying what we all know, it is unlikely. The discussion is not about, what if Germany had a shit game and T&T had the game of their life what would happen...When we compare two teams hypothetically, we assume that they both play to their full strengthsat least that is what we do when discussing football intelligently between any other 2 teams.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2006, 11:57:31 AM »
I don"t know These 15,000 people , i know men on the street ,sport fans , who say f#@k soccer ;D

sounds like you need to move to another part of the country
yuh still eh making no sense...if anything..you making an argument to like people who actually love the sport amongst all these haters.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2006, 11:58:01 AM »
Drink Carib :chilling: NOT Hatorade.

I like being fair and realistic....and you almost always if not always post fair and realistic. Take ah drink fuh that.

Ah noticing there are quite ah few on this site that just say what is popular....others who just say what on they mind, and others who are logical and realistic. If ah was to do ah audit ah people posts is REAL people does change dey tune from day to day....post to post.

Fellas like Touches consistant :beermug:

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2006, 12:06:11 PM »
To make a long story short,without  going into where the MLS ranks in The american sport leagues "low'.Or that soccer kids with threre soccer moms, grow out of the sport for some reason' NFL'. There are not a traditional  power, and i don:t respect them as yet .Sorry.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2006, 12:21:51 PM »

yuh still eh making no sense...if anything..you making an argument to like people who actually love the sport amongst all these haters.

de man have a point.for the past years i've been living here i never been able to have to have ah good football discussion with an american
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2006, 12:34:57 PM »

de man have a point.for the past years i've been living here i never been able to have to have ah good football discussion with an american

It kinda hard to have a good football discussion with a Trini too......... ;D
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2006, 12:36:55 PM »

It kinda hard to have a good football discussion with a Trini too......... ;D

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2006, 12:42:33 PM »

I like being fair and realistic....and you almost always if not always post fair and realistic. Take ah drink fuh that.

Ah noticing there are quite ah few on this site that just say what is popular....others who just say what on they mind, and others who are logical and realistic. If ah was to do ah audit ah people posts is REAL people does change dey tune from day to day....post to post.

I think it's just hard for some people to criticize something they love.......especially in good times (like the present in Trini football). Deep down I think everyone is wary of the fact that we may not make a big splash on the big stage..........but I can sympathize with those whose hopes are too big to see the "real picture"......yes there is value in bringing things back down to earth, but dreamers make the world go around too......and make the board more interesting........people's views and attitudes will always change with the changing spirit and enviroment as well.........that's human nature  :beermug:
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 12:48:50 PM by kicker »

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2006, 12:46:12 PM »
hey ,I know I didn "t counter everything But jeezes, pass ah  carib .That was fun doh  :beermug:

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2006, 01:03:45 PM »
No disrepect to anyone but for God's sake lets face facts:

Our record against the USA is the pits as we have only beat them twice and those games were fete matches.

In games that matter World Cup and the Gold Cup we have tied them twice and of those two games only the first game in 1989 did it mean anything.

I would make the arguement that T&T would have beat that US side if we were more consistent. However, we are not. I would settle for a record like the one  Costa Rica has against the US. Hell I would settle for a good record against Costa Rica

I am proud that T&T has made it to the World Cup but we have not played any big teams since Mexico. No solid European teams, no solid African teams and no solid South American teams.

When it comes to football on the world stage we are the shrubs in the background, the US and Mexico the trees and teams like Brazil and Germany the actors.

Sorry fellas just beacause a third rate US team gets it's ass kicked does not mean that we will enjoy the same result against the Americans.
Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto
But still a Barataria boy at heart

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2006, 01:06:28 PM »

i doh doubt that...
say wha'..we all experience different things. respect boy Morvant...Compre :beermug: :beermug:

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2006, 01:20:05 PM »
touches u making real sense..dont take on them rest of fellas..and i glad we have real optimists on this forum..coz optimists make the best fans and that is what the passion of the game is about..but doh be calling the US crap and shit talking them when you and I know what we record is against them..the US second or thrid string side get wash from Germany..what wrong with that? still doesnt mean we could beat either of twose 2 teams. Germany had almost their full team..the US did not..i know man go bawl that is not true but face facts--when Germany come out with their roster and the US come out with theirs we will compare how many players from this game are in it--and you will see what I talking about

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2006, 01:32:34 PM »

I think it's just hard for some people to criticize something they love.......especially in good times (like the present in Trini football). Deep down I think everyone is wary of the fact that we may not make a big splash on the big stage..........but I can sympathize with those whose hopes are too big to see the "real picture"......yes there is value in bringing things back down to earth, but dreamers make the world go around too......and make the board more interesting........people's views and attitudes will always change with the changing spirit and enviroment as well.........that's human nature  :beermug:

Ah go drink tuh that :chilling:

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2006, 01:42:28 PM »
not happy bout this touches

for a die hard u tend to write some "wierd" subjects....like d time wen u say we eh deserve to go to d cuop?  wat kinnda comments yuh making

doh worry tnt go pull through    ....sometimes bright SEA students could make it form 3   just like TnT

FULLSTOP

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2006, 02:28:09 PM »
hardluck Touches... buh Ignorance is bliss.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2006, 03:01:58 PM »
I reading how some forumites hating on USA and they coach, others saying we woulda beat them two side, and yet if someone doe agree and doe think TT can win they are not patriotic and are waggonist and something wrong with them.

Listen and read......Is pure Level unadulterrated cutarse TT woulda collect.

If we did play any of them two side.

Wanting and hoping for a result is one thing, but I fed up hear alyuh talk bout is 11 vs 11 and anything can happen on the field.

We ent flipping ready right now to beat them 2 side.

USA does play we at a relaxed walking pace and we doe have a flipping clue. We does cyar match them for speed, size, strength or fitness and the germans rough them up and make them look small.

We play a 3rd string USA side down here and they beat we, we get totally outplayed in the US and we only beat them once in a charity friendly and man feel we could compete.

Lemme show alyuh how this TT side is right now.....We come like the star primary school pupil who pass SEA and skip form one and two and liming in the form three class.

We bright, full of potential......... we ent ready to do CXC yet, but we still playing fass and attempting to do the lil mock exam and pass papers hoping for something when the big exam come.

Yet we want to feel we go score more marks than a side who in first year undergrad and another side who finish they Masters and writing journal in an attempt to gain they PHD.

It doe flikkin work so......It is nice to overachieve, but yuh have to look at yuhself and know yuh place, see yuh limitations and work on them.

Another University side and  A level side show we that we need to go and do some more lessons.....hence we come 4th in test.

Still because we playing the arse we had a post primary side beat we by five marks.

Its a good thing we "Uncle" see we needed help and get the correct teacher for we.

But small thing......I still hoping this form three pupil we have here could get a full certificate, but we ent ready as yet.......we need the practice courses and intense training to raise we up a few notches. The mock exam vs the Czechs is the real litmus test to see where we standing and if we have to go back and do remedial.

Until then lewwe keep doing we studies and hope nobody rest a dunce cap on we head.

Touches take this analogy and shove it,I'm tired of hearing people talking about why we would've lost.

You Know just before my dad passed away he did say back in his day when he was a football player and suppoter,whether they were having an exibition match against brazil or england or even jamaica it was always the talk that they would have a hard time with us and we could beat anybody.

But yet half these men on this site I'm sure ain't have the balls to do what them warriors attempting,oh sure this is ah forum for discussion and one should be odjective in there views,but you've failed miserably,firstly your views are one-sided you're in no way fair and objective as to why the warriors might have punished germany.

Yuh no I'm to the belief that many of us still living in this slave mentality where we have to big up the white man,and short change the blackman because of this perceived notion that they're somewhat more superior,so the idea is to go into a game already losers before it even starts.

"{Oh My God allyuh ent hear who we playing"Who Who Who!boy is germany,oh shit game done is real licks.}

That has become second nature for us the fear of the unknown.   

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2006, 03:26:13 PM »

Touches take this analogy and shove it,I'm tired of hearing people talking about why we would've lost.

You Know just before my dad passed away he did say back in his day when he was a football player and suppoter,whether they were having an exibition match against brazil or england or even jamaica it was always the talk that they would have a hard time with us and we could beat anybody.

But yet half these men on this site I'm sure ain't have the balls to do what them warriors attempting,oh sure this is ah forum for discussion and one should be odjective in there views,but you've failed miserably,firstly your views are one-sided you're in no way fair and objective as to why the warriors might have punished germany.

Yuh no I'm to the belief that many of us still living in this slave mentality where we have to big up the white man,and short change the blackman because of this perceived notion that they're somewhat more superior,so the idea is to go into a game already losers before it even starts.

"{Oh My God allyuh ent hear who we playing"Who Who Who!boy is germany,oh shit game done is real licks.}

That has become second nature for us the fear of the unknown.   

Saga, you're obviously very emotional about the topic. I think the slave analogy is a little off in this instance. Alot can be said of a nation's esteem and pride and it's relationship to history etc....alot that is relevant to Trinidad's society, culture, views & attitudes etc..... but in this case I think Touches was talking from a football perspective only. football vs football Trinidad still has a way to go when compared to some of the bigger names in the game (Germany included).......no inferiority complex there......that's just the truth.

A match is won or lost on the field, so at the end of the day, until we go toe to toe with Germany, or any team for that matter, it's all speculation. Could we possibly upset them on our day ? stranger things have happened.........but the reason it would be considered an upset in the first place, is because their game is significantly better than ours (historically and currently)......die hard or waggonist, as long as you have some knowledge of football, and you watched the game yesterday, you should agree with that.

Don't look at it as disrespectful to the Warriors.......there's nothing disrespectful about being humble sometimes.

Offline doh_stick

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2006, 03:32:45 PM »
Saga, you're obviously very emotional about the topic. I think the slave analogy is a little off in this instance. Alot can be said of a nation's esteem and pride and it's relationship to history etc....alot that is relevant to Trinidad's society, culture, views & attitudes etc..... but in this case I think Touches was talking from a football perspective only. football vs football Trinidad still has a way to go when compared to some of the bigger names in the game (Germany included).......no inferiority complex there......that's just the truth.

A match is won or lost on the field, so at the end of the day, until we go toe to toe with Germany, or any team for that matter, it's all speculation. Could we possibly upset them on our day ? stranger things have happened.........but the reason it would be considered an upset in the first place, is because their game is significantly better than ours (historically and currently)......die hard or waggonist, as long as you have some knowledge of football, and you watched the game yesterday, you should agree with that.

Don't look at it as disrespectful to the Warriors.......there's nothing disrespectful about being humble sometimes.

-Kicker nicely articulated..at de end of de day everyone have their own opinion yes...no matter how wrong it is..

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2006, 03:47:56 PM »
men getting confused as to what is optimism .pestimism and reality. fact usa better than us
fact men getting glad and saying we could beat any body alright so what,    that is their belief whether it is overboard or head in the cloud syndrome who am i 2 say.
if a greece supporter told u they were going to win euro u woulda laugh  till yuh belly buss
if senegal said they were going to beat france ah would steupss then vex that ah waste the time to even steups.
if u told me that the defending champs would get knock out of the world cup without scoring ah woulda tell u about your family tree
if u tell me fulham or middelsborough was going to beat chelsea when they cant beat any other team ah would give u the directions to st anns .
my point is some men gone with the hype and feel stern could win the golden boots but some men are totally at the other extreme is that wat is called reality?
reality is recognising that u team had som weak opponents but the team gradually improving
reality is recognising that your team keeping level heads but dreaming big, after all if u feel u going to lose all your games U R GOING TO LOSE ALL YOUR GAMES.
reality is toying  with the idea of beating england but realising a draw is more practical
but before realist believed the earth was flat and that the sun revolved around the earth. men who were considered dreamers
 removed these myths
DREAMS R FREE SO DREAM BIG
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 04:13:22 PM by freakazoid »
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline marcus

• Sr. Warrior
  • BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2006, 03:53:50 PM »
I HAVE STAYED AWAY FROM POSTING FOR AWHILE BECAUSE I THOUGHT THERE WAS NO OBJECTIVE THOUGHT ON THE FORUM, JUST AH WHOLE LOT OF NUTS VENDORS AND NORTH SOUTH TAXI DRIVER TALK... BUT TOUCHES AND KICKER HAVE MADE SOME EXCELLENT COMMENTS....

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2006, 04:07:56 PM »
touches...dat sounding "arsenalish"....lol....say yuh opinion bredder...respect.....and we all know opinions are like assholes....everybody has one".....i jess waiting for the refree whistle on june 10th.......
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 04:34:35 PM by Big Magician »
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2006, 06:55:38 PM »
Yes,

I glad I raise alyuh pressure........and yuh know I am not surprised. But I jest couldnt take some of the opinions that I was reading in some of the other threads.

Kicker has the art of tact and has articulated my sentiments wonderfully.

The truth may be an offence but not a sin.......... and I find it strange the kinda comments this post has evoked.

I have seen who still have a 89 tabanca, who still shackled in mental slavery, who young and impressionable, who new to this football thing, who does really watch ball and who jest ent know shit about ball.

But is all a love.

I am yet to see a poster who can refute my post or disagree with me with out the name calling, petty put downs or a one line opinion.

Why be upset if using past results, current form, consistency, calibre of players, fifa ranking, common sense and my observation of football at all levels...I have placed our national team at a mediocre level in world football.

If you disagree with me fine.......but try and use the above criteria to change my point of view, rather than ranting and raving and moving off the topic of football.

But Saga lemme ask you a question.......how the slave thing come into this? How we bigging up the white man and shortchanging the black man?

We talking football here breds.

Would you have made that comment if I had said Brazil go cut we arse or Cameroon or Nigeria.........whats your point?

Let me state again for the umpteeth time, I just like all of you here want the warriors do well, I want us to qualify for the second round and yes I have belief in my team that they can do it. I am also hoping we can get 4 points and qualify in second place in the group.

However, for this to become a reality this TT side has to get their act together, they have to train hard, all the players have to be in form and we have to stop making silly mistakes and keep concentration. Our defenders have to keep it tight and our fwds have to capitalise on opportunities.
The days of hard luck and next time and that attitude have to done. The time of who getting the job done best have to prevail and we have to stop being emotional.

Also in anything you do yuh need a test or guage to see where you are at. I was pleased with the Iceland score but not the performance and there are things we can work on. Even our coach said there is work to be done and we must not get carried away.

We have not had a "REAL" test as yet. The biggest test we will have is the Czechs but I woulda rather we get a big game in the earlies like now.......get the cutarse of we life, expose everything now rather than later, and use the time and remaining matches to improve and refine our team and game.

But why all the fuss at self reflection.......we are ranked 49th and it is a fair ranking. I think it is very accurate and if you look at the teams above us really if we were to play a two legged tie with any of these teams would we really come out on top.

Yuh have to creep before yuh walk but alyuh trying to run when yuh cyar even stand up good yet.

I also dont want an embarrassment on the world stage by our team just for me to turn around and say......yuh see what I tell alyuh.

I just want a heart and soul performance and a proper display of football, I ent want us to be a laughing stock or looking jokey like the performance against Bahrain here in POS.

Anyway posters..........Bless

P.S........Men will still fight me down and say I negative for only expecting 4 points and coming second in the group. ;D

But that is just me and my thought process.

As of right now I am stating this and alyuh take note of this............On present form and performance TT will get three cutarse in the World Cup,  and watch me I predicting score,  2 from Sweden, 4 from England and 1 from Paraguay.

If we put in the hard work and effort that could change to a 0-0 Sweden, a 1-0 Lorse or draw with England and a 1-0 win vs Paraguay.

But small thing...I go dream like alyuh. We drawing 2 games and beating England 1-0.......courtesy a bullet from "Me Mum"

Last thing to rile up alyuh, I WANT JJLOYD AND ZAMORA on we squad.....Bench Stern and Jack and put either Ince or Warner as the #1 keeper.

I OUT!!!!!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 07:02:54 PM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2006, 07:21:12 PM »
We still have to prove ourselves in the WC...and I eh crazy to think like Germany and U.S.A. is football skettle...but dis team has grown and matured under Beenie compared to de ones dat played the U.S.A. the last time.  Is too bad we cyah play the U.S. in a meaningful match at dis time under Beenie because yuh know we cyah afford to keep him after the WC.  It would be a more interesting match up to say the least.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2006, 08:08:00 PM »
Big post touches, that draw me out meh self imposed exile.
Is level cutass indeed.
I like the point about how the US plays us at a relaxed pace and have us like fish out of water, yet when germany play them, Germany had them looking like T&T.

We have to start proving ourselves on the occasions for we to start justly talking big.

Offline Auburn Trini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2006, 08:29:33 PM »
Ok Touches you have some valid point, but as supporters ah doh really blame men for thinking we can beat those 2 teams..dat is what supporter are for. What are you saying, if you have a chile in form 3 bright enough to take cxc, you go tell them prepare for failure? nah, you go tell them go out there and give it your all, do your best, you can do it, if you fall short at least you compete with the other form 5s. What happen to "shoot for the moon and if you miss, at least you would be among the stars" I say we can beat whoever we put our mind to beat and if we play good ball we in the mix. We could play hard, now we just have to learn how to play sensible ball. Dais my piece!

Big Up!

well said...
I don't give T&T more than dey due but I still hope.... daz what fans do... and that is the beauty of this site... I could find more trinis who share in my hope and genuinely care bout de team....
Touches... yuh sound like a rel direct and logical fella but a little big talk and sometimes day dreaming ent bad because in the end we all carry the same hope for the team....
respect man... :beermug:

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2006, 08:33:14 PM »
i understand boss where u comin from wit this post

but as a trini and a warrior i find it hard to say or put in words dat we goin to lose any game against any competition

i think i on d sid eof blind patriotism

but i like ur prediction for second place.............how we doin against group a winners though??
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2006, 08:36:25 PM »
I was talking to Firebrand after the game and he ask me what I think.

I say we need to watch out because every world cup there is a side (or two) thatends up getting blown out. Yes it was a US 2nd string team but that back four is not much worse than our guys.

Yes we have improved but we are still the country that was getting licks from St. Vincent last year. I can't be like other men hear who guaranteeing that we beating England just because we beat Mexico and Bahrain.

We have the potential to do well in June but that is all potential.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

1]; } ?>