April 23, 2024, 10:56:11 AM

Author Topic: I think Bennie Bouncing He head with the no friendlies  (Read 3925 times)

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I think Bennie Bouncing He head with the no friendlies
« on: March 23, 2006, 08:45:04 AM »
I think we not taking advantage of the momentum from the Bahrian match

We have 2 good gate receipts games in the Mexico and the Bahrain games sine then all momentun lost in terms of keeping football hype in the local fan base.

We have 1 peru game some time in May or something That game might be half full because by then people gone back to the football norm.

We miss an opportunity to keep thing hot and fresh in the minds.

Take a page out of warrior nation book

If we did loss them games to Guatemala and Mexico how much warrior nation family day we would have had, probably none.

Sometime you have to strike when the market is Hot.

Obviously we cannot get the World Cup players to play in the games but we could organise a youth team or B squad games and find some body to play.

Even if it is grenada, or Jamiaca or North East Stars,

Play a game and Bring in one or 2 world cup men like Whitley Spann etc with the other locals like Jemmot and have a few practice matches in the smaller stadiums.

We should easily be able to pull a 5000 to 10000 fans and keep the football vibes flowing.

They have some US based players who was in off season until last month who would have been gald to get a national cap.

We even waste the whole carnival market.

I feel the issue is Money, Jack and them have no money to pay Bennie so right now he on a Pay by the hour work until the camp start back. So bennie not doing no more work.

If that is the case that is fine but at least anton corneal of Phillips could coach the second 11 and let them play in some games.

We have plenty men who can benefit from Playing and yes they will not be involved in Germany but they will be involved for South Africa

So why waste time now.

The biggest football year in TnT football History and all we have to show for it is one game against Peru.

After world cup there will be no games at all!

What are we training the Local Fans to do?

Watch football on TV
And then we vex cause people does leave work early to go home and watch champions league but they will never show up for a PFL match.

That is what they trained to do.

Imagine you is a youth in TnT everybody around you watching football on Tv and you cannot even see your national team play a game or 2 in the Biggest Footaball year in the history of football. When you grow up what will you do?

Watch football on TV!

Amerca just annouce another 3 or 4 games over the next few months, against Morocco, Jamaica, Lavtia, they done play Canada, Japan, Norway etc etc

They playing whit which ever players available at the time and half of the men who sweating now might not make world cup.

But They PLAYING

That is the Key point, we not going to get better planning camps and scouting players, We need to Play games.
Even if Bennie is too busy to get involved somebody should have a team of players playing games, it is the only way!

We cannot let FIFA and Foreign leagues dictate how and when we play football.

They can control our foreign based players but we should always be able to find players and it makes sense to have a deep squad.

Right about now we wasting time!

TrinInfinite

Re: I think Bennie Bouncing He head with the no friendlies
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 08:54:36 AM »
ive been saying dis for the past 2-3 months but no one listening, only a few agree, thats why i suggested a reserve team for the tt national team to have to play friendlies and against the senior squad for practise.  :beermug:

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 09:04:46 AM »
We have 1 peru game some time in May or something That game might be half full because by then people gone back to the football norm.

I HIGHLY doubt that, unless the price is ridiculous. Football IS on everyone's mind in the country, there are a LOT of commercial ventures by almost every local company. Might be hard to judge if you aren't here....

They can control our foreign based players but we should always be able to find players and it makes sense to have a deep squad.
I'm mixed on this. The fact that our 2nd string team is mostly foreign based as well, it's only our 3rd string that would be local. I think our biggest footballing problem is the PFL, which has nothing to do with the national team, the league just has no appeal to any sort of supporter base. Until the league's profile raises, we will continue to lose both our 1st and 2nd string talent to foreign leagues, and the whole problem of regular friendlies will persist.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006, 09:10:34 AM »
ive been saying dis for the past 2-3 months but no one listening, only a few agree, thats why i suggested a reserve team for the tt national team to have to play friendlies and against the senior squad for practise.  :beermug:

maybe , just maybe everyone yuh tell hear yuh, and agree with allyuh, buh allyuh just telling the wrong people...maybe the people who paid to think bout these thinks, happen to think of it before, and nobody interested in paying extra money for extra games that would not help the main focus team, and still pay the main focus team, and still pay Beenie, whether he dey or not...maybe it have a lot of guys who want to represent, but not like we, who go play for free, and pay we way to the opposing country, and put we self up in hotel an ting.....no matter who we playing, or who coaching we....maybe allyuh not the only ppl who know everything...and do not think they need to tell everybody, they know everything, buh they cyar doh nuthen bout the everything they know....ah talk like ah doh know nuthen dey eh.. ;D ...is no true...ah doh know everything, buh ah doh know nuthen... :D

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2006, 09:12:09 AM »

I HIGHLY doubt that, unless the price is ridiculous. Football IS on everyone's mind in the country, there are a LOT of commercial ventures by almost every local company. Might be hard to judge if you aren't here....

I'm mixed on this. The fact that our 2nd string team is mostly foreign based as well, it's only our 3rd string that would be local. I think our biggest footballing problem is the PFL, which has nothing to do with the national team, the league just has no appeal to any sort of supporter base. Until the league's profile raises, we will continue to lose both our 1st and 2nd string talent to foreign leagues, and the whole problem of regular friendlies will persist.

sense... R45...sense

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2006, 09:24:23 AM »
Here we go again. Lord, how many threads like this will we have to see.

Offline Augi

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2006, 09:34:47 AM »
Guys we have to remember that football in TNT especially at the international level is a business. TTFF does make money $$$ when they host games that are appealing to a mass cross section of the population. As sad as it is some of the match ups suggested in the previous posts will only appeal to the diehard supporters, unfortunately, not enough demand to make the venture a profitable one. Therefore we not going to get these games, unless we can have more individuals like Mr. Warner with the passion and the coffers to bankroll such a venture with little or no return.

Offline Slade

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2006, 09:42:51 AM »
No he is not bouncing his head, you need to have a team peak at the right time, look at usa they were beating all those teams, and then they ran into germany and they got a rude introduction on what it takes, so have faith we have all these teams to play starting in may

-Peru
-Checkovakia
-Wales
-Solvenia

and again have some faith, i truly believe that we will get to the second round

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2006, 11:02:32 AM »
Guys we have to remember that football in TNT especially at the international level is a business. TTFF does make money $$$ when they host games that are appealing to a mass cross section of the population. As sad as it is some of the match ups suggested in the previous posts will only appeal to the diehard supporters, unfortunately, not enough demand to make the venture a profitable one. Therefore we not going to get these games, unless we can have more individuals like Mr. Warner with the passion and the coffers to bankroll such a venture with little or no return.

atall!!! Money is not a problem now??? TTFF should have serious dollars from the qualification.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2006, 11:10:34 AM »
I am suprised that people actually responding to KND and he long post nonsense!!

What de hell he know about the vibe of the country? lol

U actually feel that the peru game will not be sold out? U so dottish!! but that is nutten, ah still missed yuh on de forum!! how tings man?

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

MickeyRat

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2006, 11:11:15 AM »
Here we go again. Lord, how many threads like this will we have to see.

OK!

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2006, 12:03:33 PM »
Ah read that long long post hoping to find  something worthwhile or from it and reach all the way to the end and finish an now a vex no ass...ah should ah known from the subject :cursing: :frustrated: :banginghead:

Offline Lightning

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2006, 12:08:30 PM »
What exactly did we do at the Florida camp......There weren't any intrenational games but there were opportunities for the untested to show what they had.  Even the "buck" get a bligh.

How would you handle the logistics of getting players for 2 national teams released for a freindly on a date that's not an official FIFA international date?
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2006, 12:13:16 PM »
Alot of what he say is true.....some things yuh hadda ignore.

Like the hardest comment (I feel dat is bribe   ;D)

And dat comment about the vibe dying around the time of the Peru game.

All the reasons people gave why we can't have more friendlies with player availability go out the window when you look at other teams like the US.
And money wise it can pay for itself because even if we play smaller teams (not North East Stars) people will go because plenty of them not going Germany and football is the IN thing now.

Now if it is we can't attract good opposition that I could buy but the Iceland game was a small start.  I eh find we look good in that match but we win convincingly and we have a little more market value than before.

Maybe losing with a 2nd string team not worth it?

Dwight searching for action, Spann have no club, Ince can't get to play, Bleeder fighting up in the reserves, Samuel eager to please...Scotland too.  Whitley, Gray not doing anything.  Even the UK players would want to play despite their clubs giving trouble so one or two of them might be able to make it depending on the date.

Maybe is that we cant get good teams rather than we don't want teams.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2006, 12:24:53 PM »
Not to single out anybody BUT.......

WHY WHEN FELLAS MAKE AH LOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG post somebody does always have to use the WHOLE quote to respond. LAWD

Anywayz KND think about it. Yuh say they ent take advantage of the opportunity with football how....ok

But to take ah B team at the time who might take plenty licks in front of the fans.....yuh doh think that will lose the public faster than not ???
Just ah question

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2006, 12:30:00 PM »

WHY WHEN FELLAS MAKE AH LOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG post somebody does always have to use the WHOLE quote to respond. LAWD

Anywayz KND think about it. Yuh say they ent take advantage of the opportunity with football how....ok

But to take ah B team at the time who might take plenty licks in front of the fans.....yuh doh think that will lose the public faster than not ???
Just ah question

Oh gawm was ah mistake.. geezan man .. Take ah breath... and ah beer  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2006, 12:46:18 PM »

Just ah question

Oh gawm was ah mistake.. geezan man .. Take ah breath... and ah beer  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

LOL ah didn't plan to single yuh out BUT ah just did finish seeing one in another post so ah figure ah go hah tuh point it out. But in fairness is not like you have ah monopoly on quoting long posts :beermug:

1]; } ?>