April 20, 2024, 04:08:00 AM

Author Topic: Freddy Adu Thread  (Read 119814 times)

Offline truthseeker

• Sr. Warrior
  • Goal in yuh rucc**tunse
    • View Profile
Re: London Times: Adu to Chelski
« Reply #240 on: February 06, 2006, 09:30:12 PM »
All dem fellas real good and wiill be real tears in time. if the report is true ah real disappointed in Adu. Man Utd or Assnal would have been better teams to go to to help with his development. They have a proven track record at bringing youngsters into the squad. But ah guess dollars talk and everything else suck salt...

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #241 on: February 06, 2006, 09:52:18 PM »
The US cap his ass and send him back to DC United, they lucky, otherwise some of them africans in Europe might have convinced him to play for Ghana after he get a taste of real football.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 06, 2006, 09:52:27 PM »
Any way better than the MLS for he.  First ticket pass he should grab it.  He young he could afford to spend two years at a bad club...
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 06, 2006, 10:02:20 PM »
I was looking for a link where i saw a comp of these three players.

http://www.soccerfanatics.net/soccervideo/misc_2765809l.wmv.html

I find Santos style resemble those of Ronaldinhno. He like a clone

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 06, 2006, 10:21:19 PM »
SOURCE PLEASE?????
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 07, 2006, 04:26:46 AM »
anybody man ut d wants chelsea suddenly wants them too

assholes

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 07, 2006, 07:02:59 AM »
He wants to play for Chelsea, but he is not playing much international football.

This youth probably has some greedy, foolish people around him.

You cannot play in England without getting a work permit and 75% international caps.

So it would have made sense to represent Ghana and forget about the USA if he wants a work permit.

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #247 on: February 07, 2006, 07:22:24 AM »
He wants to play for Chelsea, but he is not playing much international football.

You cannot play in England without getting a work permit and 75% international caps.

So it would have made sense to represent Ghana and forget about the USA if he wants a work permit.

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Work permit rules do not apply to U-21 players I believe, certainly not academy and youth players.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 07, 2006, 07:56:10 AM »

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI
Those work permit restrictions does hinge on what place yuh country rank too..So I think Adu is safe...He should leave MLS...It is about time..MLS was making him complacent... What Adu needs to do is take the contract and go to Chelsea and work hard to get into the Starting line up...

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 07, 2006, 07:57:37 AM »
It is possible that José Mourinho, the Chelsea manager, would send him on loan to pick up first-team experience, but the club want him to move immediately after the World Cup and are hopeful that a work permit will be granted on appeal, even if the first application is likely to be rejected on grounds of inexperience.

Read my friend.

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI
« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 08:23:39 AM by Tallman »

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 07, 2006, 08:31:46 AM »
Fire Bun Chelski. Bad move, Freddy boy... compete on the reserve team with the 100 other Chelski hopefuls. A move to Sc**thorpe United is in  your future.
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 07, 2006, 09:46:27 AM »
Greedy mother f**ks.  They want every body and they mother.  Cyar leave the youths in peace.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 07, 2006, 10:10:48 AM »
business move.

chelski need to sell a heap of $80 US jersey in america to overcome the mega losses they incur last year.

i wish de youth the best though. he need to leave america and get away from the pressure and unreasonable expectations.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 07, 2006, 10:27:25 AM »
Right now I woud say Walcott better than Adu and DeSantos, but only time will tell.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 07, 2006, 10:55:27 AM »
Is this the same Freddy Adu that people saying are no good,all i want to say is that who handleing this kids future have his best interest at heart.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: February 07, 2006, 10:56:42 AM »
Is this the same Freddy Adu that people saying are no good,all i want to say is that who handleing this kids future have his best interest at heart.

no sports agent/agency have any concern other than maximizing profit. is all business.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 07, 2006, 11:00:00 AM »

no sports agent/agency have any concern other than maximizing profit. is all business.
Agreed you are absolutely correct it's all part of the deal,business as usual.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 08, 2006, 08:28:34 AM »
All dem fellas real good and wiill be real tears in time. if the report is true ah real disappointed in Adu. Man Utd or Assnal would have been better teams to go to to help with his development. They have a proven track record at bringing youngsters into the squad. But ah guess dollars talk and everything else suck salt...

Frank Arnesen is considered the best in the world at locating and developing young talent. he was at PSV for Van Nisterooy and found Ronaldo as well...that is why Cheski stole him from Spurs, to concentrate on that part of the organisation while Mourinho focuses on the senior team.
In other words...Chelski plan to be the best at everything at every level so we cah say that manu and arsenal better at producing young talent until chelsea first batch of youths come through in the next couple of years...
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
No Adu deal in offering for Manchester United
« Reply #258 on: February 13, 2006, 11:13:36 AM »
well MLS UK/Fulham FFC could be an option.

February 13, 2006
MANCHESTER, England (Ticker) - Sir Alex Ferguson has insisted Manchester United is not attempting to sign American teenager Freddy Adu.

The 16-year-old long has been tipped for stardom and is hoping to force his way into the United States' World Cup squad this summer before making a move to one of the major European leagues in time for next season.

Chelsea is believed to be monitoring Adu's progress in Major League Soccer with D.C. United, while the teenager's agent, Richard Motzkin, claimed on Sunday that United was interested in luring him to the Premiership as well.

Ferguson admits Red Devils officials have watched Adu but he declared there is no immediate chance of the youngster joining United.

"We are not interested in Freddie Adu," the Scot told MUTV. "We have watched him as a youngster, but there is no interest in him at the moment."

Any attempt to sign Adu would have to go through MLS, which owns Adu's contract - and there would be an obvious difficulty in securing a U.K. work permit for a player who only recently has been capped by his country.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
Adu hints at Ghana option
« Reply #259 on: June 23, 2006, 11:54:52 PM »
Adu hints at Ghana option
By Andrew Scurr -  Created on 23 Jun 2006
Message Boards
Have your say in our new-look FanZone area.

Related links
Team Pages:
Ghana
USA
Chelsea
Manchester United
Player Pages:
Freddy Adu
American teenage sensation Freddy Adu has hinted he may play his international football for Ghana instead of USA.

The DC United midfielder is still eligible to play for both countries, despite appearing for United States against Canada in a friendly in January.

However, as the match was not sanctioned by Fifa, he has still yet to officially make his international debut and therefore could choose to play for Ghana instead of USA.

Speaking after The Black Stars' win over USA on Thursday, Adu admitted he was supporting both nations during the game as he has aspirations to be taking part in the 2010 finals for one of the two countries.

"I really honestly didn't lean one way. I was born and raised in Ghana, I moved here and am an American citizen," Adu told ESPN's Pardon the Interruption.

"I had said in several interviews that I was gonna play for USA but I haven't got the chance to do that yet so when you really think about it, I can't go against either team.

"Hopefully in 2010 I will be on the World Cup team, I don't know if it will be for the US or Ghana because I haven't got a chance to play for either team.

"I love Ghana and I love the United States and I'm torn right down the middle so we'll see and hopefully in the near future I get a chance to play for either the US or Ghana and hopefully I make the right decision."

Adu was pencilled in by USA coach Bruce Arena as an outside possibility to go to the World Cup finals after participating in a training camp with the entire squad earlier this year.

After seeing Arena's men first-hand, the 17-year-old admits he was surprised at their failure to reach the second round, but believes Ghana's progress will give a huge boost to his native land.

"I went to camp with the team for a couple of weeks and this team was good, I actually thought the US team was going to be one of the fittest teams at the tournament, the guys were fit and ready to go," he continued.

"I was really surprised that we didn't get a better outcome but like I said, I was born and raised in Ghana so I'm glad that Ghana are going through.

"I don't know if I can put it into words how important it is [to the people of Ghana].

"It's so important on so many levels, for the whole country. Thursday was pretty much a national holiday in Ghana. The whole country was watching and it seems we weren't just doing it for Ghana, we were doing it for the whole of Africa."

Meanwhile, Adu has confirmed he could leave the United States to join a club abroad as soon as the end of the current MLS season.

"I will be going overseas," he added. "That's my goal, I will be going overseas."

All of Europe's top clubs have been linked with signing Adu, with Chelsea and Manchester United among the favourites to capture the starlet.

With the current MLS season well underway, Adu could be available to move to Europe during next year's January transfer window.

THEY SHOULD BLANK HIM CAUSE HE WANTED TO PLAY FOR THE U.S AND DID NOT GET PICK FOR THE WC NOW HE WANT TO PLAY FOR GHANA CAUSE THEY DOING GOOD.                                                           http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=397717&CPID=219&clid=1219&lid=2&title=Adu+hints+at+Ghana+option

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Adu hints at Ghana option
« Reply #260 on: June 24, 2006, 02:11:59 AM »
What ah two faced bastard

He totally blank Ghana when they tell him he WILL be on the World Cup team if he chooses Ghana. He say NO he want to make the US National Team. He had ah chance to play with Essien and refuse.
That is just selfish. No loyalty. Now he pretending that he care about Ghana. They woulda roll out the red carpet fuh he ass now he should get shot with the shit gun.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #261 on: June 24, 2006, 05:08:57 AM »
That's the biggest piece of fence sitting I've seen in a long time.

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 24, 2006, 05:15:50 AM »
Ghana:"f**k off!"
USA:"f**k off!"
Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto
But still a Barataria boy at heart

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #263 on: June 24, 2006, 05:41:21 AM »
Ahm... allyuh realize he a teenager, right? And he was a even younger teenager when he make his decision. God forbid somebody gain insight and wisdom as they age. God forbid they reevaluate the choices they made at 16. Lord knows Shaka shouldn't be keepin for we den.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 24, 2006, 05:56:02 AM »
Only an idiot will jump on a 17 year old for changing his mind. People...he's a youth who getting pressure from both sides. At his age, we couldn't make up our mind which party to go to Saturday night...like we forget how many mistakes and bad decisions we made as teenagers. How often we changed our minds about things and how we learned from our mistakes without the scrutiny of the press. Come on man. PLUS....To try and guess what his real feelings and loyalties , just because we read some edited articles is real BS. We read stuff in the press and act all judgemental. I have been interviewd before and was completely stunned how what I thought I said and what as broadcast were unbeleivable different. The context in which certain things were said were almost completely removed due to editing...so let us get off our high horses and chill. I laugh everytime we jump on a player for a line in an intervierw...not knowing that what he said could easily have been an entire paragraph from which one line was pulled out and published. Adu has dual nationality, he is young and he getting real pressure form both sides. Right now he sounds like USA is still is first choice, but if they blank him in 2010, he will exercise his option to play for Ghana...if they still want him. We don't know the boy...we don't know who is advising him...we don't know what it is like to be in his shoes.....He seems like a decent youth to me who still not sure what he is about. Remember he has been completely Americanized by his upbringing...but seeing Ghana in the WC may have been the right tonic to bring him back some pride in his roots. Let's just wait and see where he takes it from there.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 24, 2006, 05:58:39 AM »
Ahm... allyuh realize he a teenager, right? And he was a even younger teenager when he make his decision. God forbid somebody gain insight and wisdom as they age. God forbid they reevaluate the choices they made at 16. Lord knows Shaka shouldn't be keepin for we den.

Lord have mercy..some common sense. 

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 24, 2006, 07:08:50 AM »
Alright fellas we jumping on man back for "criticizing" Adu's ambivalence. And while it is true that there should be a call for "understanding", do we have innsinuate that man stupit or lack sense. Why we Trinis so?

I would not like to be in Adu's shoes. On the one hand the US is probably bribing him with all kinda ting. But home is home. Pressure from parents, coach, big clubs etc.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 24, 2006, 07:21:04 AM »
I just have a question for some of the posters here,how many of you feel that Adu could have made that Ghana team?  

The consensus of most is that he not ready for the MLS,DC United have him on the bench and he should not complain.In my opinion that Utd Coach is a dunce.

This kid is in a unique position,he has lots of options,lets hope who ever is advising his family does a good job and do what's best for him,nobody knows what the future holds.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #268 on: June 24, 2006, 07:26:16 AM »
The consensus of most is that he not ready for the MLS,DC United have him on the bench and he should not complain.In my opinion that Utd Coach is a dunce.
He not on de bench no more. He's a definite starter for DC United now. In fact, he's one of de key players in midfield.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 24, 2006, 07:38:08 AM »
He not on de bench no more. He's a definite starter for DC United now. In fact, he's one of de key players in midfield.
        Breds thanks for updating me,is time that Coach stop playing the fool with that kid,the boy have talent he will not improve on the bench,he should be starting long time,on a lighter note he is the drawing card for all who goes to see DC Utd.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 08:45:09 AM by Coop's »

1]; } ?>