April 25, 2024, 01:14:21 AM

Author Topic: Freddy Adu Thread  (Read 120071 times)

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
Re: Adu heads to ManU
« Reply #360 on: November 10, 2006, 07:50:10 AM »
I saw his mom last night and she also confirmed the Man.U stint.
Live large and prosper!

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: November 10, 2006, 08:07:11 AM »
wha boy Doc yuh real good oui, all dat come out after breakfast! wha else she tell yuh or yuh kyah share.... :devil:

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 10, 2006, 08:17:05 AM »
I saw his mom last night and she also confirmed the Man.U stint.

:rotfl: doc

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 10, 2006, 10:13:50 AM »
All I saying is that for every one Adu America produce...England have 7

Yeah respect dey, ah get yuh point. However, ah doh consider him tuh be an American doh, dat is an African talent we looking at dey. He is like me, ah belong tuh de US presently, but I is ah Trini. If yuh get meh point, ah not trying tuh be difficult. Bless.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 10, 2006, 10:19:40 AM »

Yeah respect dey, ah get yuh point. However, ah doh consider him tuh be an American doh, dat is an African talent we looking at dey. He is like me, ah belong tuh de US presently, but I is ah Trini. If yuh get meh point, ah not trying tuh be difficult. Bless.

But isn't that the entire of the Amreican team nowah days??  Back in de day, de America team was mostly made up of Americans, now dey get smart and start buying or giving dem men papers to play for dey team.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 10, 2006, 01:15:46 PM »

But isn't that the entire of the Amreican team nowah days??  Back in de day, de America team was mostly made up of Americans, now dey get smart and start buying or giving dem men papers to play for dey team.

Ah would not be dat bad mouth tuh say de entire team, but tuh my estimate, ah would say about half de team. Bless.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 10, 2006, 03:36:02 PM »

Yeh No scene...I didn't really mean it like he being american...I just meant that Adu is the only underage kid u hear the US bigging up...Europe always have some yute man knocking down the door...While in the US is only Adu, Adu uh keep hearing abt...In Europe it have men like rossi, Theo walcott....

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 10, 2006, 03:42:22 PM »
Yuh trying tuh tell we dat Rossi in de same class as Adu, well ah doh see dat nah. Yuh either joking or is something personal wid you and Adu. Adu just not in Europe yet, but trust meh, wid what he is already gifted wid, and ah lil guidance from de right manager, is pure drama when he take de stage. Bless.

U compare.......Rossi--------->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26THxmFqevw

Adu---------->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6-XV3UVm60

PS.......Watch Rossi movement and flow in his games.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 10, 2006, 03:55:56 PM »
Freddy Adu is good.....   but Rossi is exceptional... all he need is a lil more size  but his movement is my god... unbelievable..

Rooney also said he is the best finisher at the club... he said what he likes about rossi is that he is so calm...

he will be a big hit at Utd...all he needs is experience

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 10, 2006, 03:58:08 PM »
Back in de day, de America team was mostly made up of Americans, now dey get smart and start buying or giving dem men papers to play for dey team.

Most of the US players on the Senior Squad are US grown players, coming through the college and MLS ranks.
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 10, 2006, 04:24:17 PM »
Small Mag...U talking my language...U seeing what I seeing and saying....Rossi is exceptional and come with a fraction of the hype that Adu goes with in the States....He was trying to tell me that Rossi not in the same class as Adu..... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Rossi gone on loan to Newcastle to come back to United a even better and more experienced professional..

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Doubts raised in US over Adu move
« Reply #371 on: November 22, 2006, 08:30:26 AM »
Doubts raised in US over Adu move 
By Matt Slater 

A wonderfully balanced dribbler, Adu has match-winning potential
Los Angeles Galaxy boss Alexi Lalas has warned Freddy Adu about the risks of making "the wrong move" overseas.

Adu, 17, is training with Manchester United but Lalas is worried the Premiership might not be right for him.

"He is a wonderful talent but I worry about his size. He needs to go to the appropriate team," said Lalas.

"If he goes to the wrong team he will get swallowed up on and off the pitch - it will be a waste of time. He's not a player that can adapt to anything."

Adu, who plays for American team DC United, started a two-week stint with the Premiership leaders' Academy team on Monday, and Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has already expressed a desire to sign the teenager if he proves himself.

"I think we would be interested, he's only young but we have known of him for a long time," said Ferguson earlier this month.

"We tried to get him here some years ago but he signed for DC United and that stopped the progress of us keeping tabs on him."

Adu, who will be available for transfer when he turns 18 next June, has made clear his wish to leave Major League Soccer for a bigger challenge and a number of top European teams have been linked with the Ghanaian-born sensation.

"My ultimate goal is to go overseas and if it comes sooner rather than later I'll take it," said Adu after DC United's season-ending defeat to New England two weeks ago.

But former US star Lalas, the only American to play in Italy's Serie A, is concerned a move to a club of Manchester United's size is too much too soon for Adu.

This is a view supported by Adu's current manager, former Polish international Peter Nowak.

"I think he'd like to go to somewhere he's not only going to play but also develop in the right way," said Nowak, who was teenage sensation himself in Poland before moving to teams in Germany, Switzerland, Turkey and ultimately America.

"(But) I don't think the clubs with the highest budget in the world will wait for Freddy to develop - they can buy another player for $20m or $30m.

"The guys who really develop kids in the right way are the Dutch league and some of the Spanish league, because it is more technical.

"But the English league is very hard. And there are guys that cost $20m just sitting on the bench."

Adu, who is listed as being 5ft 8in, has been the subject of hype and speculation ever since he made a series of eye-catching performances in the US as a boy.

Born in the Ghanaian port of Tema, he moved to America aged eight when his mother won an immigration lottery. His family settled in the Washington DC area and word of his prodigious ability soon spread.

At 13 he joined US Soccer's full-time programme in Bradenton, Florida, and then at 14 he became the first player taken in the 2004 Major League Soccer draft.

Adu, still 14, became the youngest player to appear in US professional sports since 1887 when he made his debut for DC United on 3 April, 2004. Two weeks later he scored his first professional goal.

He was quickly signed up by Nike - Manchester United's shirt supplier - and featured in numerous advertising campaigns and computer games.

His arrival on the MLS scene prompted an unprecedented amount of interest in the sport in the US but the subsequent two years have been more mixed.

The left-footed teenager has enjoyed plenty of highs - 11 MLS goals, appearances for the MLS All-Star team and a first international cap - but there have been a few lows too.

There has been criticism that he is too young, too small and too attack-minded - some have even suggested he is older than his official age and has stopped growing - and he has clashed with his club over playing time and his position.

In three seasons with DC United, Adu has made 87 appearances, 59 as a starter, but has been largely used as a winger, not the more central, attacking midfielder role he craves.

Even his international future is not settled as his substitute appearance for the US in January has not ruled out a switch to his native Ghana.

But whatever doubts still surround Adu, there is no arguing with the fact that he is an exciting prospect on the pitch and eminently marketable off it.

It is perhaps the latter that will be most persuasive come next summer, particularly to an American-owned Premiership football team.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Doubts raised in US over Adu move
« Reply #372 on: November 22, 2006, 09:07:19 AM »
I still feel Nike had alot to do with this move than football itself...

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 22, 2006, 09:12:21 AM »
I still feel Nike had alot to do with this move than football itself...

lord yuh saying he shitty ah wah
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: November 22, 2006, 09:18:39 AM »
Definitely Not...I just doesn't rule out the power of marketing in the sports industry...Nike and these brands does have a huge say on things like these...Ask Ronaldo when he swallow he tongue in 98 and still hadda play..

Offline TRUwarrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: November 22, 2006, 08:28:42 PM »
Lalas is a hater...if d youth was blonde with blue eyes he woulda congratulate,
if he get thru , the first thing Sir Alex doin is sendin him out on loan.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 22, 2006, 10:38:33 PM »
if he get thru , the first thing Sir Alex doin is sendin him out on loan.

:applause:  My Sentiment exactly.  Adu shoulda been playin for some team OUTSIDE  the US a lllllllllllllong time ago.  If his mother knew anything about football, or was getting good advice from someone that did, she woulda let the boy go to one of them European teams that was knockin' on she door.  Whatever Freddy age is, regardless of how much of him is hype as opposed to substance, I applaud him for wanting more out of his own talent at this point than he has been getting.  He is finally seeing that the mls msl misled is not a place for young, burgeoning talent such as his. 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 23, 2006, 07:58:25 AM »
Yeah the states always have a issue with size...don't they know that the most used adjective to describe a playmaker is ''dimunitive''?

Messi look big? Steups...Adu, leave as soon as possible...then go play for Ghana and tell the States to haul they so and so.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 23, 2006, 09:08:46 AM »

And what? If Lalas was black with brown eyes you woulda say he talking sense? Steeups. Look how you hatin' the same way with nothing to back it up. Lalas may be wrong in the end, but he seems to have a point. He not saying Adu shouldn't move abroad, he just wondering if ManU is the right move at this stage of his development. Even the great Ronaldo and Ronaldinho made moves to more modest teams before making the big jump. They were carefully managed. Lalas saying he wants Adu to be managed the same way. He just wants him to be playng instead of becoming lost on a huge team before he was ready. Say wha'...when ManU call it hard to resist, but Lalas has a valid point and he seems to be looking out for American ball...not hating

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 23, 2006, 09:35:18 AM »

if adu was supposed to be one of the best young players in the world he should have never even been in mls. the reason they dont want him to go europe is beacuse he will not make and will embarass american soccer. he cah make in europe. dem just make him big in america to attract attention.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 23, 2006, 10:36:09 AM »

if adu was supposed to be one of the best young players in the world he should have never even been in mls. the reason they dont want him to go europe is beacuse he will not make and will embarass american soccer. he cah make in europe. dem just make him big in america to attract attention.

If Freddy Adou cyah make it in Europe, let us find out by him going there and trying and being humled......Like the golden boy landon donovan did.  I give the boy credit for finally coming to his senses and seeing where he can better develop his game: ANYWHERE BUT THE MLS MSL MISLED!! I think that Freddy really has come to a realization that, in spite of the US having a decent system of developing their youth players, there is only developing he is going to do here.  I don't think that ANYBODY expects Freddy to break into manboo's first team, not even Freddy himself.  But I wonder how many of us that are finding fault with Adu (or calling him shit), if one or more of our so-called prodigious children had a chance to watch our children develop in the mls msl misled or ANY CLUB IN EUROPE........which would we choose?
   There are probably many players in the misled that want to go and play overseas, but the way the misled structure their contracts is more restrictive to the players and beneficial to the misled than the players can enjoy.  If Freddy getting a break, then more power to him.   

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 23, 2006, 11:04:23 AM »

I wont say that he cant make it in europe, but i would say that he aint going and be the big star that they are making him out to be.

Just like landon "golden boy" donavan.  Imagine he want to go to the premiership real bad but nobody taking he on atall, especially after what he do in germany.

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 23, 2006, 11:59:09 AM »

As if it could go any lower.  ::)
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 23, 2006, 09:28:49 PM »
Ado should just say thanks for the green card and play for Ghana.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 24, 2006, 03:48:58 AM »
The man is just over hyped in America...he eh impress me as yet...

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Adu Must Play Waiting Game
« Reply #385 on: December 01, 2006, 02:15:10 PM »
Adu Must Play Waiting Game
By: Soccer265

01/12/06

Teenage prodigy Freddy Adu must wait until next June to learn whether Manchester United will try to sign him.

The young United States international has just completed a two-week trial with the Old Trafford outfit, during which time he trained with United's academy team.

Adu's stint with United has captured the attention of soccer observers across the Atlantic.

Although Chelsea had also previously expressed an interest in the 17-year-old, who failed to make the Major Soccer League play-offs with DC United this season, his club coach Peter Nowak believes, if the player is set on furthering his career in Europe, he would be better advised moving to Holland.

However, while Adu - the youngest player to be capped by the USA - impressed Ferguson during his time in England, under UK employment legislation, the Red Devils boss cannot even consider whether to offer him a contract until he reaches his 18th birthday on June 2.

"Freddy has done all right," confirmed Ferguson.

"He is a good talented young boy but there is nothing we can do about him.

"What we did was to bring him here to give him an idea of what United was like so he could see the place and see how comfortable he was with it.

"He is a very confident and talented boy but nothing can be done just yet.

"He will go back to the United States and we will keep a check on him. Then, when he is 18, we will have to assess what we can do next."

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: December 01, 2006, 02:58:50 PM »

Yeh No scene...I didn't really mean it like he being american...I just meant that Adu is the only underage kid u hear the US bigging up...Europe always have some yute man knocking down the door...While in the US is only Adu, Adu uh keep hearing abt...In Europe it have men like rossi, Theo walcott....

Congo...Rossi is an AMERICAN. Born and raised in New Jersey. Italian parents...moved to Italy when he was 16 to join Parma youth team. As much as he will owe his professional development to Parma, manU and newcastle..he is also a product of American 'soccer'...

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 01, 2006, 03:09:17 PM »
Back in de day, de America team was mostly made up of Americans, now dey get smart and start buying or giving dem men papers to play for dey team.

Most of the US players on the Senior Squad are US grown players, coming through the college and MLS ranks.

Exactly...US 'recruited' a lot more in the past. Players like Roy Wegerle (South Africa), Ernie Stewart (Holland), Thomas Dooley (Germany), Regis (France) don't play for the US anymore. At least Ernie Stewart father was American. Mostly homegrown players now.  The US roster at the last world cup probably had more homegrown players than the T&T roster  :-[...and doh even start to talk about France, Holland, Angola..even the proud Mexicans. Hargreaves is a Canadian (whose parents are English). You have teams like Germany with Podolski, Klose, Borowski...sons of Polish immigrants...One of Brazil's best midfielders playing for Portugal. Welcome to the age of globalization. The US has one of the most 'local' squads in the global game
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 03:11:45 PM by Filho »

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: December 01, 2006, 08:03:35 PM »
Filos, yuh have tuh put Dooley in the gropup with Stewart, as he ole man from wha ah hear is also American...he drop it and left it in Deutschland.  :)

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: December 01, 2006, 08:06:21 PM »
Filos, yuh have tuh put Dooley in the gropup with Stewart, as he ole man from wha ah hear is also American...he drop it and left it in Deutschland.  :)

true dat..true dat

1]; } ?>