May 27, 2024, 05:13:49 PM

Author Topic: Beenhakker has good mix for upcoming training camp.  (Read 12824 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Beenhakker has good mix for upcoming training camp.
« on: May 13, 2005, 04:12:20 PM »
W Connection, Jabloteh, Defence Force make winning starts in Pro Bowl.
By: Mervyn Stewart - Express.

Trinidad and Tobago Pro League leaders Vibe CT105 W Connection made a winning start to their 2005 T&T Pro Bowl campaign with a tidy 2-0 defeat of National Quarries North East Stars in the second game of a triple-header of quarter-finals on Friday night at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium, Marabella.
W Connection dominated proceedings and took the lead as early as the 15th minute when Andre Toussaint's six-metre effort took a deflection off a defender and settled in the back of the net.
Three minutes later Toussaint came close to adding another when he spotted goalkeeper Trevor Nottingham off his line but his long-range effort sailed just a fraction wide of the upright.
In the 26th minute Nottingham was called into service and he conjured up an excellent block on a powerful Earl Jean shot, but with just two minutes having elapsed after that foray Nottingham was powerless to prevent Toussaint from scoring his second when he collected Jefferson Goulart's left-side through pass and easily beat the advancing keeper.
One minute before the interval Kendall Jagdeosingh had the fans of North East Stars groaning in despair when, with only Alejandro Figueroa to beat between Connection's uprights, he stumbled and fell over the ball.
On the resumption, W Connection continued to maintain control of the game but squandered several scoring opportunities.
First, Ronaldo Viana kicked wide in the 74th minute after collecting a brillaint Toussaint through pass, then William da Silva Oliveira's free kick seemed heading into the top left hand corner of the Stars foal until Nottingham just managed to get his fingers to the ball, pushing it over the bar.
Jose Luis Seabra also muffed two chances in the 77th and 83th minutes when on both occasions he placed his effort wide of the target.
In the evening's first fixture, Defence Force ran out fortunate 2-1 winners over battling United Petrotrin.
The south-based outfit took the fight to their northern counterparts from the opening whistle but lady luck was just not with them on the evening.
Army took the lead through a 44th minute own-goal when Petrotrin's defender Al Sinclair, in attempting to make a clearance, sliced the ball past his bewildered keeper Perry Martin.
Second half action saw the southerners dominating possession as they went in search of the equaliser, with Brent Hudson being mere inches off with his shot on the Defence Force goal in the 52nd minute.
Six minutes later the oil men were again unlucky as Jerol Forbes' powerful header went sailing over the crossbar.
And in the 81st minute, against the run of play, the Army increased their advantage when Devon Jorsling delivered a right side cross which Kevon Carter collected, cooly dribbled goalkeeper Martin and put the ball into an open goal.
Though they had nothing to show for their efforts, the Petrotrin players just did not give up and their persistence was finally rewarded five minutes from time when Andy Alves raced down the right flank and squared back for Kelvin Hernandez to drill home.
Army ensured there would be no heroics by Petrotrin in the final minutes of the match and came away 2-1 winners, thereby securing a semi-final booking.
And in the night's final encounter, an Aurtis Whitley first half double, along with an item apiece from Devon Mitchell and second half substitute Travis Mulraine, gave CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh a 4-1 drubbing of eastern rivals Caledonia AIA Fire.

Pro Bowl Quater-Final Results:

Defence Force 2 (A.Sinclair own-goal, K.Carter 81st) vs United Petrotrin 1 (K.Hernandez 85th).

W Connection 2 (A.Toussaint 15th, 28th) vs North East Stars 0.

San Juan Jabloteh 4 (A.Whitley 14th, 35th, D.Mitchell 23rd, T.Mulraine 90th) vs Caledonia AIA Fire 1 (A. Phillips 75th).
Soca Warriors in die-hard approach.
By: Mervyn Stewart - Express.

Some of Trinidad and Tobago's overseas pros will be returning home ready to continue their die-hard display coming out of their respective campaigns and will hope it can create a similar mindset throughout the national team as the "Warriors" prepare for their crucial June 4 World Cup qualifier against Panama at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.
Top of the list are English-based duo Stern John and Clayton Ince, who both had to pull their weight late in the season to prevent Coventry City and Crewe Alexandra from losing their places in the English League Championship.
John finished the season with 12 goals, while Ince was outstanding down the home stretch, including a match-winning performance against Coventry last weekend.
Then with Glasgow Rangers defender Marvin Andrews undoubtedly the pick of the crop with his show of grit and determination to regain his spot in the starting team with a cruciate ligament injury after doctors described his chances of playing this season again as slim.
And the Wrexham trio of Dennis Lawrence, Hector Sam and Carlos Edwards all fought to the end although their efforts were short of helping their club avoid relegation to English League Two.
Also in a crunch battle to save his club Dundee from going down to the Scottish First Division. Brent Sancho scored a 49th minute goal against Inverness Caley Thistle to earn his club a point yesterday and he expects this sort of character display will continue into the Panama encounter.
"A lot of people may have been saying that several of the guys had to face a struggle with their clubs this season, but I think that is a good thing because it has made all of us stronger players and persons on a whole. We now know better how to prepare ourselves mentally for big challenges and how to raise ourselves when the chips are down and I think it's a similar situation with the national team," Sancho told Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) media officer Shaun Fuentes yesterday.
"We are not rock-bottom at the moment but at the same time this game is in a sense a do or die one for us and I have a strong feeling that come June 4 we will pull this one off," he added. Sancho and Andrews will arrive home on May 23.
Lawrence had similar feelings, saying: "Wrexham have gone down but I think we as players have gone up in terms of our character and this can only turn out to benefit not just us as players but whatever team we play with and that includes the national team.
"I think we are all anxious to see how things evolve with the new coach in charge and the fact that we have to deliver in the upcoming matches."
Lawrence, Sam and Edwards are due in Trinidad today, along with Scottish-based Brent Rahim.
Team skipper Dwight Yorke also spoke of wanting to see the "Warriors" get their fight up.
"I think the result against Costa Rica definitely showed that we have what it takes to go all the way once we put our minds to it and hats off to the guys for what they did in the game.
"For all it's worth it will take a lot of heart to get us through and that can only help us to get it right as a team on the pitch as well," said Yorke.
Some of the other players arriving today include United States-based Avery John, Cornell Glen, Marlon Rojas and Leslie Fitzpatrick, while Kenwyne Jones comes in tomorrow from England.
T&T play Peruvian club champions Alianza Lima in a warm-up at the Hasely Crawford Stadium from 6.30 p.m. on Wednesday and then face El Salvador in another practice game on May 25.
News from the 14th of May 2005
Beenhakker has good mix for upcoming training camp.
By: Shaun Fuentes.

National Senior Team head coach Leo Beenhakker has selected ten home-based professionals to be part of a 25-man squad for next week’s live in training camp ahead of the training affair with Peru club champions Alianza Lima.
The squad will begin training on Monday at the Larry Gomes Stadium, Malabar and will close with the match before the squad breaks again before another camp the following week to coincide with the friendly international against El Salvador on May 25. The game against Alianza will be played at 6:30pm on May 18 at the Hasely Crawford Stadium as part of the build up for the June 4 World Cup qualifier against Panama at the same venue.
A notable return to the squad is Defence Force defender Anton Pierre who Beenhakker omitted from the previous camp but noted that the door was not closed on the player.
“I said after the first cut that I was not closing the door for anybody, not for Anton Pierre nor anyone else so I don’t really understand all the emotion,” Beenhakker said after the match with National Quarries North East Stars which has two players in the current squad in Anthony and Glenton Wolfe.
Some of the locals in the team include Atiba Charles, Arnold Dwarika and  Densill Theobald with veteran midfielder Angus Eve being left out.
Team captain Dwight Yorke was scheduled to arrive here on Friday evening while the rest of selected overseas pros are all carded to partake in the upcoming camp will be here by Monday with only Glasgow Rangers defender Marvin Andrews and Dundee’s  Brent Sancho being excused until May 23 due to club commitments.
Also in the team as a player is midfielder David Nakhid who is coming off a training stint with Belgium Premier side Club Brugge KV.
“I have taken the position now that I am prepared to do whatever I can to  help the team get to Germany. I have been coach/player at my club but recently I have been back playing the regular 90 minutes and I also went back to Club Brugge where my former coach is in charge now and got in some valuable training time. Coach Beenhakker had indicated his desire to have me in the team as a player and if that’s what takes then I am willing to make the relevant contribution,” Nakhid told TTFF Media on Friday. The former T&T captain was recently positioned as assistant coach/player for the “Warriors”.
“I think it’s a positive sight to have most, if not all the players,  available for the upcoming camp and while we still don’t have much time before the Panama game, all the guys are obviously going to have to be focused to give it their best shot this time around.”
Beenhakker added: “It’s a good chance to have the guys from abroad be part of the preparations after we had a good look at the locally-based players over the past couple of weeks. It continues to be a try out period but of course now we have more players involved who have been in the team for some of the past matches and we can now make a better assessment,” Beenhakker told TTFF Media.

Squad For Training Camp:

Goalkeepers.
Clayton Ince (Crewe Alexandra), Duarance Williams (San Juan Jabloteh), Jan Michael Williams (W Connection).

Defenders.
Atiba Charles (W Connection), Avery John (New England Revolution), Anton Pierre (Defence Force), Derek Phillips (Shamrock Rovers), Dennis Lawrence (Wrexham), Glenton Wolfe (North East Stars), Marlon Rojas (Real Salt Lake).

Midfielders.
Arnold Dwarika (W Connection), Aurtis Whitley (San Juan Jabloteh), Brent Rahim (unattached), Chris Birchall (Port Vale), Carlos Edwards (Wrexham), David Nakhid (Al Mabarrah), Densill Theobald (Caledonia AIA Fire), Kenwyne Jones (Stoke City), Leslie Fitzpatrick (Real Salt Lake).

Strikers.
Anthony Wolfe (North East Stars), Cornell Glen (Columbus Crew), Dwight Yorke (Sydney FC), Gary Glasgow (unattached), Hector Sam (Wrexham), Stern John (Coventry City).
FIFA Technical Boss rates football development in T&T.
By: Shaun Fuentes.

Walter Gagg, head of FIFA Technical Department says he’s noticed continuous  development in the football arena in this country since the staging of the 2001 FIFA World Under 17 Championship and that qualifying for next year’s World Cup in Germany would fittingly be the icing on the cake.
Gagg made the comment as he paid a courtesy visit to FIFA Vice President Jack Warner at his CONCACAF Office at Edward Street, Port of Spain on Friday. Gagg, who played an integral role in the staging of the 2001 Championship here, was in Trinidad for three days along with Jim Brown, head of the FIFA Competitions Department, for the staging of a seminar for Match Commissioners from throughout CONCACAF held at the Dr Joao Havelange Centre of Excellence.
Gagg,  also responsible for passing inspection of the four stadia and the Hasely Crawford Stadium for the 2001 tournament, said he was impressed with the facilities at the Centre of Excellence and the TTFF’s technical and marketing department offices on St Vincent St, Port of Spain as well as the TTFF headquarters on Dundonald Street which he also visited.
While qualification for the 2006 World Cup is currently holding the main interest locally, Gagg said it was important that other aspects of the game not be neglected and he was pleased to see that there continued to be successful staging of workshops and other related activities at the Centre of Excellence and at the office of recently appointed CONCACAF Technical Director Keith Look Loy.
“I’ve been here maybe over 20 times dating back to 1984 and then more recently for the staging of the FIFA Under 17 Championship which continues to be one of the most successful events ever staged at that level,” Gagg told TTFF Media.
“From the beginning I’ve gotten to know the person that is Jack Warner and realize how a credible man he is. Coming back here is like coming back home and I have noticed that since our first visit many years ago and then in 2001 there has been tremendous development here in Trinidad and Tobago from the CONCACAF administration down to the Football Association (TTFF). And there has not only been development in football but the country on a whole seems to have risen in different commercial and economic aspects and I’m sure football has helped in this regard too,” Gagg added.
“Hopefully now the perfect present will be Trinidad and Tobago getting to the World Cup and the rest of the world can see what this country has to offer. I wish Leo Beenhakker and the FA all the best in their upcoming challenges.”
Some 28 countries from across CONCACAF took part in the seminar which concluded on Friday and Gagg said he expected that it would go a long way in improving the standard of the workers here.
“We believe what we gave to the commissioners and what we learnt from them will lead to more success in the future not just for World Cup qualifying matches but also in other competitions in this region,” Gagg ended.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2005, 09:49:37 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Beenhakker has good mix for upcoming training camp.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2005, 05:07:46 PM »
nahhhhhh!!!..... who go be de waterboy/kitman now?

we want Derek King now!! Fire Beenhakker!!

;)
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2005, 05:25:46 PM »
As long as Phillips dey Beenie job safe like Fort Knox.  But I do feel bad for Derek King.  I don't think that he was given the best opportunity to impress the new coach as he was CLEARLY being played out of position.  He was put to play right back when everybody knows he's much more comfortable on de bench.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2005, 06:10:23 PM by arrow »

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2005, 09:36:00 PM »
Where is Marvin Andrews in the mix?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2005, 11:11:28 PM »
good one arrow lord have mercy dont kill meh please eve is also out
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2005, 11:37:39 PM »
if yuh cya make then yuh cya make simple as da i aint go be suprised to c nakid get drop too

hopefully beeneee go stick to the no favorites rule which should make for good competitive football
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2005, 02:37:59 AM »
Nice team boy, ah vex Spann eh here, but he could still make it for de game because by FIFA rules he have to be release for WC games, not sure if they might pick him now seeing that he didn't get any playing time during the build up which makes sence.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2005, 03:51:01 AM »
I notice Leo B calling almost the same players Stuart Charles use to call.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2005, 04:59:15 AM »
From that squad ah feel this will be the final 19 for the game vs Alianza.
Ah picking a line-up and not picking some of the good players like (Atiba, Dwarika, Whitley & Theobald etc) because Leo B might want to see others in action before he name he final 20, this should be our last trial game, we should have a settle squad after this game and then after de Mexico game trail will begin once more.

______________Ince____________
Lawrence__Anton__Avery__Phillips
Edwards___Yorke__Nakhid__Tiger__
__________John__Glen__________

Sam for Glen - 46th
Jones for Nakhid - 46th
G.Wolfe for Phillips - 46th

A.Wolfe for Stern - 66th
Rahim for Yorke - 66th
Birchall for Edwards - 66th

Rojas for Tiger 76th
Jan for Ince 76th

vs El Salvador we should have 90% of the team on the field that will play Panama.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2005, 05:28:19 AM by Flex »

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2005, 05:15:44 AM »
Very good line up Sam and good points to.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2005, 06:22:08 AM »
I like yu lineup, but I still feel he will give them fellas a run.. He really only see them once in a game situation..

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2005, 06:43:37 AM »
Yea Samo, but how much time we have, atleast he saw a local 11 now is time to see a foreign 11 and then pick a team for El Salvador, Panama and Mexico, the game vs El Salvador is very important, we dont want to be searching when that time come, we should have a basic idea who is who by then, we should try and play W Connection Friday, I think de pro league is on break after this week ?

1. vs Alianza Lima - Wed 18.
2. vs W Connection - Fri 20.
3. vs El Salvador - Wed 25.
4. vs Panama - Sat 4.
5. vs Mexico - Wed 8.

BSC took to long to settle a solid 11 and that had part to do with how de team was playing, we cant be experimenting 1 week before we important game.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2005, 06:49:09 AM by Flex »

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2005, 07:10:42 AM »
Do you think that the coach should at least have an earlier  idea of who will be his final players would be aganust Panama and at least have them play together as a unit for a couple of warm ups?

This way the palyers  have a dequate tim to adjust to each other and to develop aflow for the game

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2005, 07:42:12 AM »
Nice squad Sam but I think Avery should be tried at left back, let him and Rojas battle for that position.  Not sure about Tallman at right back, he could get a look but I feel once the team settle that Atiba should play there.  Dog can hole down the middle with Anton when he come down.

Also I see Fuentes list Yorke as striker and Jones as midfielder, wonder if that how it came from Beenie or maybe Fuentes just decide to list them so.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2005, 09:00:10 AM »
Do you think that the coach should at least have an earlier  idea of who will be his final players would be aganust Panama and at least have them play together as a unit for a couple of warm ups?

This way the palyers  have a dequate tim to adjust to each other and to develop aflow for the game

How he coulda get a earlier idea Alberta? He never see the players play together. Obviously the one he could have seen play together before, the ones on the tapes nah, wasn't working...dah is why dey give him the job...so where dis idea was coming from divine revelation? We had plenty ideas, for the last few years, and when it didn't work, we blame the coach tactics, lack of subbing etc...if Been don't have an idea which players would suit his tactic, then he doing his  job, by checking out d guys. No? If it doesn't work (Peru team/Salavador), then he will know he is using the wrong tactic to suit the guys and opposition. He will den have to re-evaluate tactics, and players to suit Panama...dat is the difficulty of the job.....he basically getting 1 shot to get things right (Panama), and if a miss, hope for a richochet from the miss to hit Guatamala.....Do you disagree ? or misunderstand?

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2005, 09:10:18 AM »

He get to see most of the Pro League teams(6) yesterday (Friday).

He might want to play W connection after seeing them beat N.E. Stars.
Now he should have seen for himself most of the local players...in one night.  Call ups from the local batch should now be more of his decisions than advice from others.  Might also have gotten a good idea of how they play.  He doh talk much doh(wise at this point).

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2005, 08:38:50 PM »
Sam I like yuh Team and more so yuh subs, it sounded kinda coachish..  I too want to point out that Yorke is listed as a striker and jones as a midfielder which I like. Let Jones go run at dem mids and Defenders and square back.  I aint see Birchall play but some how he replacing Carlos Edwards just sound right.   I hope it aint complexion why i feel so, I thought I was broader than that...
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline SHOTTA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2005, 08:39:54 PM »
goals bring confidence though not a surity pick

hopefully the team will go on and score some goals come wednesday and agaionst elsalvador i agree thatthe team for elsalvador will be the starters for panama...........after panama we go see wat goin on with mexico and gold cup right after

after a full goldcup competition beeneman should be well prepared for second round of wcq

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Men Fallin Through the cracks still !!!
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2005, 06:53:14 AM »
 Andre Toussaint still int getting pick! is either he didn't peform good in training, or he doesn't fit Leo's style, because he is proving once again that he is the best player in the country... I not talking form because it has been a few years that he playing good and not gettin pick...maybe he too small(but Latapy Small)...We still insisting on over 40 Nakhid , wildman Fitzpatrick and No-good Rahim...I rather lose with young players because when it come to their time yuh cyah expect them to rise to the occasion as we so often do... Leo probably know better than me, but is just my opinion that Andre Toussaint should get pick for national...Could someone enlighten me on why he is not getting selected (a good reason why)....Go T&T!!!

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Men Fallin Through the cracks still !!!
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2005, 07:39:03 AM »
insisting on over 40 Nakhid , wildman Fitzpatrick and No-good Rahim...

Good obsevation ponnox. I see man on the board singing Fitzpatrick praises. All I see is a wildman nothing else. If he makes the final cut then it is a sad reflection on our football. He aint good at all.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2005, 09:43:13 AM »
It was me who list the team like that, not Fuentes....  8)
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline SHOTTA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2005, 04:51:22 PM »
fitzpatrick really super wild but suprisingly looks really composed for his mls side if he could bring some of that tenacity and composure he could be an asset he suprise real peop;e coming off the bench with that hyper man style of his but beene should start with composure theobald much better thatn him

Offline Total Football

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2005, 05:18:45 PM »
Nobody knew Tiger in the days of U 15, U 20, U23 and intercol, nobody knew him at Columbia University and other performances....when he just joined the senior team everybody was for him because he controlled the centre... it's not a matter of praising anyone, it's a matter of knowing the player and what he is or not capable of, many people don't know most of the players play on injuries and it is not an excuse, you go on the field and play on injury and let me see what you have. Tiger for one will go on the field with an injury and nobody will know because his heart is Trinidad his love is football, so before you shoot down anyone think about it.  Be constructive be wise... I have no problem you not liking a player or thinking that they should do this or that to up their performance or someone else is better at this position and should be given a chance, but watch the way you say things. Just think about doing something you were born to do and you are face with something.... Blessings and much love...

When the Brents and Tigers were younger their were people just like yourself routing for them (maybe not you) so I trust that you won't discard Toussaint when he gets a little older...Bless
« Last Edit: May 16, 2005, 10:47:55 AM by Total Football »

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2005, 05:31:28 PM »

I doh see how he come wild   ???
He is tackle bad?
Foul plenty?
Beats too much?

If wild mean he is run around plenty then we need real wild men cuz our players tend to be lazy on de field and have the play going slow slow.

Doh know bout that wild part.

Offline Total Football

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2005, 05:49:37 PM »
dcs agreed ... and if there's only one or two men on the field with that spirit and passion for the game and just about getting on with the game, instead of fancy play and swell-headed play obviously they would be ahead of the game because other players would not be quick to read the fast play...ya know what I mean and it's about knowing when to slow it down and pick it back up. So much thing I see Tiger do, these fellas obviously know nothing about him and that's ok but don't just shoot down what ya don't know that's what I'm saying. Football is about combining Brains, Skill and Heart(soul)... this post goes beyond Tiger it's the game on the whole. dcs have a blessed night and support always...
« Last Edit: May 15, 2005, 09:06:34 PM by Total Football »

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2005, 05:50:11 PM »
Did anyone here what was the rational or rethinking  that brought Anton Pierre back in the mix?

Ah wonder i it was a motivation thing or the man selected ahead of him must have played real badly aganist the North Stars?

Offline Total Football

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2005, 05:57:12 PM »
Former Lion "Tiger" Fitzpatrick Joins MLS
Fitzpatrick Signed by Real Salt Lake

Leslie "Tiger" Fitzpatrick
April 18, 2005
Former Columbia soccer star, Leslie "Tiger" Fitzpatrick signed with Real Salt Lake of MLS. Fitzpatrick, a left sided midfielder, joins the expansion team from Atlanta of the A-League. Having earned his first international cap from Trinidad and Tobago's national team, the signing highlights an outstanding year for the 2001 graduate.
"I always knew it would happen and I'm glad he's getting the opportunity now," said Columbia head coach Dieter Ficken, "I think he will be very successful because he is not only a great player but an even better person."
A four-time All-Ivy and two-time All-Region honoree, Fitzpatrick's profile increased after a strong performance against the United States in a World Cup qualifier in February. Tiger saw his first action for RSL on Saturday as he entered the game as a substitution in the 76th minute. Real scored five minutes after his arrival in the match to win 1-0.

Offline Total Football

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2005, 05:59:42 PM »
Alberta, I just think that it wasn't that Anton was bad, probably the places were close and they give the other fella a run... Anton may have also gotten a chance to show all that he had...trials proabably didn't go too well. Generally I think he's a good defender... Blessings

sharing what I thought, ya know
« Last Edit: May 15, 2005, 06:02:08 PM by Total Football »

Offline SHOTTA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2005, 08:40:46 PM »
wild may probably be a bad word but rather somewhat uncomposed in  a tnt shirt

if a man running around right through its good if its constructive and beneficial to the team not when he all over and not where he should be wen u want put the ball in his proposed dirction or he leave you uncovered wen he all over not supportin you at all

Offline Total Football

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2005, 08:47:54 PM »
well you are entitled to your opinion, still doesn't justify my post, but a man only knows what he sees and believes. respect shotta. Blessings always
« Last Edit: May 15, 2005, 08:51:47 PM by Total Football »

1]; } ?>