April 26, 2024, 03:18:55 AM

Author Topic: Name all Trinbagoians from A to Z, famous or not !!!  (Read 104792 times)

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
Re: Name all Trinbagoians from A to Z, famous or not !!!
« Reply #210 on: December 16, 2006, 11:36:18 PM »
Me  :devil: :devil: :devil: come to germany andd see :devil: :devil: :devil:
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 29, 2008, 10:46:22 PM »
Ah read somewhere where Antonio Fargas(Huggy Bear from Starky and Hutch) said that he had some Trini roots.
He mother is ah Trini
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 10, 2008, 12:26:35 AM »
Ah read somewhere where Antonio Fargas(Huggy Bear from Starky and Hutch) said that he had some Trini roots.
He mother is ah Trini

Being involved in fantasy football (NFL), I was reading about Justin Fargas, a running back for the Oakland Raiders who is the son of Antonio Fargas. So I think with him being 1/4 trini that's the most trini person we have in the NFL now that Verron Haynes is a free agent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justin_Fargas

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #213 on: October 10, 2008, 05:36:18 AM »
jamal magloire(nba), jadakiss(hip hop), rakim(hip hop), guru from gang starr(hip hop), k-OS(hip hop), saukrates(hip hop), ato boldon(runner) :o, dexter simmons(famous sound engineer), neville tate(foundation reggae), if i remember more i will add it, everyone knows football already, so there will be no surprise names for football

read de fuss post carefully de man say who never represented us.
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #214 on: October 10, 2008, 08:18:44 AM »
gary goodridge(kickboxer), glen lewis(singer), dean marshall(actor), gregory charles(pianist), jillian richardson(sprinter), oj santiago(american football player), rajiv surendra(actor)

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 10, 2008, 09:42:42 AM »
Dale Cragwell:  played ice hockey with the NHL's San Jose Sharks...and my cousin ;)

Yes!!!!!!..dais de man ah was tryin to remember

Ah next famous one some allyuh never hear bout

Nigel Rojas from Orange Sky
He eh no media star.....YET!!

But truss mih...globally, de man and de band ha REAL fans  :beermug:

Was a real blessing to see him in Bethlehem, Pa this year..... Following his career since his Jaundice I days..... he was real proud ah we flying we flag while they playin..... show us mad love after and Nigel gimme a sip ah Vat (first in 10 years oui)

I have met a lot of Professors that have Trini Roots.... and the have been shaping Doctors, Politicians, Authors etc.... here in the US as unsung heroes....

Dr Farley Cleghorn..... major contributions to HIV research...

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #216 on: October 21, 2008, 09:39:38 PM »
Eh doh forget God he iz ah Trini  ;D .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 29, 2009, 08:46:04 AM »
Arnold Rampersad is of both Indian and African and Trinidadian origin. I've met him personally when he was a professor at Rutgers and I a student at Morgan State University. Check out his book on Langston Hughes.

While at Princeton he edited a book, "The Collected Poems of Langston Hughes", which I have.  Not sure if that's the same book you're referencing, but he's somewhat of a Hughes scholar, wouldn't be surprised if he's actually written more.
Being involved in fantasy football (NFL), I was reading about Justin Fargas, a running back for the Oakland Raiders who is the son of Antonio Fargas. So I think with him being 1/4 trini that's the most trini person we have in the NFL now that Verron Haynes is a free agent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justin_Fargas

Sean McDonald of the Detroit Lions is Bibby's cousin (and Robbie Findley's)... not sure we could claim him yet, but we know that Bibby and Findley related thru Bibby's mom and Findley's dad, both Trinis.  So if McDonald related to both of them, chances are it's via the Trini side as well.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 09:27:11 AM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 29, 2009, 09:24:29 AM »
tatiyana ali

ribeiros parents are from Dom. Rep.

no sir!!

At least one of Ribiero's parents are from Trinidad... Wikipedia and all dat aside, I remember reading a big article on him in the Express when I was a child.  Quoted his parents.

I always thought Tatiana Ali's folks were Guyanese and Panamanian though.

toni tone tony(r and b) on of dem is, cant remember which one, dont know if its rafael sadique or de other one

I don't know either way... but possibly any confusion about their Trini roots could be attributed to:
1) their prominent mention of TnT at the start of "Slow Wine" or
2) confusion with Stokely Williams (Trini), lead singer of Mint Condition.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 09:28:08 AM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 29, 2009, 09:26:29 AM »
Quote from: College on Today at 12:30:54 PM
It might have been mentiooned before and althoug he is not famous by any means but isn't Shaq's step dad Trini? Can someone elaborate on this?

yuh  hearing rumours

Yeah College, when LA last won the NBA title, they interviewed Shaq's dad and he had an unmistakeable Caribbean accent as he spoke in tears, not sure exactly where he is actually from though.....

Shaq's dad is American... his grandfather is who you're thinking of, he was indeed in tears when he was interviewed.  He definitely had a West Indian accent but I couldn't peg it.  Sadly he passed away sometime ago.

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 29, 2009, 09:33:54 AM »
Sam Mendes - director of American beauty

Sam Mendes is also the husband of actress Kate Winslet who was on the Tonight Show on Jay Leno and tried to imitate her father-in-law's Trini accent. Saw the video but can't find it online right now

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 29, 2009, 09:36:58 AM »
A hard question for allyuh any trinis or players with trinin roots  playing in the NCAA for any basketball team ??

Three years too late, but Marlon Pompey helped Texas A&M to the Final Four back in 2006 or 2007... born and bred Trini, moved to Canada.

Mike Bibby is of Caucasian descent from his father and Afro-Trinidadian descent from his mother. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Bibby)

Mike Bibby dad (Henry Bibby) is a light skinned black man, he's not "caucasian".

... and yeah Pointman, Henry Bibby played in the NBA

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Bibby
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 09:42:54 AM by Bake n Shark »

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 29, 2009, 09:39:18 AM »

I was always under the impression her father was from Trinidad. Most sites online seem to agree but it they could all be from the same source.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 29, 2009, 09:41:45 AM »

I was always under the impression her father was from Trinidad. Most sites online seem to agree but it they could all be from the same source.

I could be wrong... I remember an interview on TV back in the 90's... her mom (Pana) was on one ah dem talk shows dealing with child stars.  But in all  honesty I can't remember specifically where the father was from.  Ah see Feliziano say they related... so I definitely not in position to argue otherwise.

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 29, 2009, 09:47:24 AM »
Sean McDonald of the Detroit Lions is Bibby's cousin (and Robbie Findley's)... not sure we could claim him yet, but we know that Bibby and Findley related thru Bibby's mom and Findley's dad, both Trinis.  So if McDonald related to both of them, chances are it's via the Trini side as well.

Yeah Shaun McDonald is Mike Bibby's cousin on his (Bibby's) mom's side: Link

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: January 29, 2009, 10:44:05 AM »

Yeah Shaun McDonald is Mike Bibby's cousin on his (Bibby's) mom's side: Link

Good stuff  :beermug:

Some claim that we trying tuh 'buy family' with this thread... I look at it as recognizing just how far we've come... and spread as a nation of people.  Our influence permeates many different walks of life and it's good to know that.  Even if the individual branches themselves don't acknowledge it, we know where the root was planted and watered.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 29, 2009, 11:04:08 AM »

I could be wrong... I remember an interview on TV back in the 90's... her mom (Pana) was on one ah dem talk shows dealing with child stars.  But in all  honesty I can't remember specifically where the father was from.  Ah see Feliziano say they related... so I definitely not in position to argue otherwise.

her father is Sheriff Ali who as far as I know has* a parts place at the top of Cipero Street.

*-I haven't lived in Trinidad for several years and purchasing of auto supplies isn't something that I allocate any time to when I'm back home.  No idea if the place still open or not.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 30, 2009, 09:33:00 AM »
IMDB list of people born in trinidad.

some from trinidad, CO though.

http://www.imdb.com/BornWhere?Trinidad

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 30, 2009, 10:48:13 AM »

yuh know I watch de first name on dat list....deman wukkin in showbiz since 1956...and still around to de Jimmy Kimmel show last year?....dat is longevity

I never hear about de man self..but he look like ah Trini
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 30, 2009, 11:46:13 AM »

Good list... I came across this about a year, year and a half ago.  You can also do a search by where the movies are made... and see the movies made in TnT.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 30, 2009, 01:59:59 PM »
...but wait nuh.....ent Q-Tip supposed to have Trini roots?!?!   How nobody eh call dat name yet?
Also, some yeaers ago, allyuh remember a solid running back from the University of Pittsburgh and end up playing for the dallas cowgirls: Curvin Richards.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 30, 2009, 06:10:44 PM »
...but wait nuh.....ent Q-Tip supposed to have Trini roots?!?!   How nobody eh call dat name yet?
Also, some yeaers ago, allyuh remember a solid running back from the University of Pittsburgh and end up playing for the dallas cowgirls: Curvin Richards.

Not Q-Tip... Phife Dog.

And yeah Curvin Richards was Trini... as was Quentin Coryatt (Texas A&M, Indianhapless Colts)...

another name is Romany Malco... The Jacket, 40-year Old Virgin, Weed... among others.

Wintley Phipps... renowned baritone and SDA pastor.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 31, 2009, 10:07:10 AM »

Not Q-Tip... Phife Dog.

And yeah Curvin Richards was Trini... as was Quentin Coryatt (Texas A&M, Indianhapless Colts)...

another name is Romany Malco... The Jacket, 40-year Old Virgin, Weed... among others.

Wintley Phipps... renowned baritone and SDA pastor.

Arright, tanx.  I coulda SWEAR I had heard legitimate rumblings of Q-Tip being a Trini as well, but I stand corrected and trust and appreciate the correction.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 31, 2009, 11:32:29 AM »
  Arright, tanx.  I coulda SWEAR I had heard legitimate rumblings of Q-Tip being a Trini as well, but I stand corrected and trust and appreciate the correction.

I was the biggest Tribe fan ever... and get all hype and ting when I heard dat too.  It late came out that it was Phife... same thing... him and Q-Tip grew up in each other's homes, so 'Tip basically consider himself one.  Phife raps about it on Oh My God (Midnight Marauders) at 2:12...

"some brothers try to dis m-malik
you see'm bitchin
me nuh care about dem dibi emcees my shit is hittin
Trini gladiator, anti-hesitater
Shaheed push the fader from here to Grenada

Mr. energetic, who me sound pathetic
when's the last time you heard a funky diabetic?"

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/j80w4d9U2Fs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/j80w4d9U2Fs</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 31, 2009, 03:52:07 PM »

I was the biggest Tribe fan ever... and get all hype and ting when I heard dat too.  It late came out that it was Phife... same thing... him and Q-Tip grew up in each other's homes, so 'Tip basically consider himself one.  Phife raps about it on Oh My God (Midnight Marauders) at 2:12...

"some brothers try to dis m-malik
you see'm bitchin
me nuh care about dem dibi emcees my shit is hittin
Trini gladiator, anti-hesitater
Shaheed push the fader from here to Grenada

Mr. energetic, who me sound pathetic
when's the last time you heard a funky diabetic?"

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/j80w4d9U2Fs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/j80w4d9U2Fs</a>

wha about this part licks licks licks boy on yuh back side
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 31, 2009, 10:09:59 PM »
Pfife dog real smooth man, in several tracks he bigs up trini, as a matter of fact, listening to Tribe's music was my 1st exposure to the Caribbean impact in the US, and there are so many.  Just a little trivia, the 1st black female US senator was from Nevis (well 1st generation), the list is endless, whether it be in music, entertainment, politics, civil rights, academics etc....
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 10:16:37 PM by 100% Barataria »
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 27, 2009, 10:51:38 PM »
Gerry Bednob

He was in 40 year old virgin and Zack and Miri make a...

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 27, 2009, 11:06:07 PM »
Gerry Bednob

He was in 40 year old virgin and Zack and Miri make a...
de next fella from trini too.forget he name,but he was in tuxedo with jackie chan as de cab driver.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 28, 2009, 07:15:34 AM »
I wonder when ever happen to nia long
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 02, 2009, 11:25:07 AM »
Louis Farrkhan...  ;)

1]; } ?>