March 28, 2024, 03:11:39 AM

Author Topic: Anyone know what happen to NIgel Baptiste?  (Read 1848 times)

Offline doh_stick

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Anyone know what happen to NIgel Baptiste?
« on: March 24, 2006, 01:21:20 PM »
He use to run for Trintoc back in the days (92/93). He was one of the most talented sprinters back then.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone know what happen to NIgel Baptiste?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 03:55:47 PM »
What a talented fella...used to train with him(same club..different event)...had several scholarship opportunities but SAT scores kept him back...after track he worked as a bouncer at CLUB (later known as Celebs), i left TnT and lost touch with him....Damien deSilva was another top sprinter at that time (Nigel's only competition and training partner).

Offline doh_stick

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 04:50:08 PM »
What a talented fella...used to train with him(same club..different event)...had several scholarship opportunities but SAT scores kept him back...after track he worked as a bouncer at CLUB (later known as Celebs), i left TnT and lost touch with him....Damien deSilva was another top sprinter at that time (Nigel's only competition and training partner).

Yeah he use to cut my tail back in de day- we both represented T&T at Carifta/pan am jrs etc..I see Daymian every now and then. I know he was in the NY area a couple years ago...

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 05:12:25 PM »
What club/school u use to run for?...Damien was mih real boy..we went to school together as well..lost touch with him as well.  Nigel like may other talented track athletes never got to the achieve their full potential.  Track did not get any kind of major support back in the day.

Offline doh_stick

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2006, 06:52:18 PM »
What club/school u use to run for?...Damien was mih real boy..we went to school together as well..lost touch with him as well.  Nigel like may other talented track athletes never got to the achieve their full potential.  Track did not get any kind of major support back in the day.

I ran for Memphis pioneers under Skinner. Also ran for Fatima...left t&T in 94 on scholarship to Howard- been in US ever since..

1]; } ?>