April 26, 2024, 03:48:12 AM

Author Topic: Shakes Agrees To New Contract, Edwards looking to next year  (Read 1589 times)

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Shakes Agrees To New Contract, Edwards looking to next year
« on: March 30, 2006, 03:33:17 PM »
Shakes agrees to new contract.
vitalfootball.co.uk.

Trinidad And Tobago International Ricky Shakes has agreed to a new contract with Swindon Town. Shakes who joined Swidnon Town from Bolton in the summer had been electrifying down the wings opposite Aaron Brown but has lately found himself on the bench.
Ricky had such a good season this year that he was called up to Trinidad And Tobago's International team.
Speaking of his delight at signing a new contract, Shakes said. 'I have agreed a new deal and it's very nice that the club wanted to keep me.
'I wanted to stay because the club is great and I want to settle down and focus on developing my career here.'
Most players would wait until the end of the season given Swindon's current League position. Shakes was quite the opposite and said, 'I didn't think twice about our league position because I am confident we can stay up, as all the lads are.'
Shakes will be the fourth player to sign with Swindon in the last 2 days. Charlie Comyn-Platt, Jack Smith and Michael Pook all signed one year deals yesterday.
Ricky Shakes will be missing Trinidad and Tobago's Under-21 squad for matches to be played in the Caribbean on Friday and Tueday to help Town's fight against relegation. 'I think it's important for me to stick around for this, ' he said. 'If it was a first team match I think the gaffer would have had more of a discussion about it, but as it's only an under-21 game and considering the position we are in, I think it's best for me to stay.'
'I was a little bit surprised to be called into the under-21s but these games are in Trinidad and the senior manager wanted to see me play again.'
Ricky Shakes may yet feature for Trinidad And Tobago in the World Cup as Leo Beenhakker, the manager of Trinidad and Tobago has advised Ricky he will be able to come and see him play before the end of the season.
Edwards: Next year will be our year.

Luton winger Carlos Edwards believes the Hatters can win automatic promotion to the Premiership next season. After an excellent start to the campaign following their promotion in 2005, Luton's challenge has faded and they are 12 points adrift of a play-off spot with six matches remaining.
But the Trinidad & Tobago winger is already looking ahead to next term - and he sees a bright future.
"We are a team to be reckoned with, and I hope we can make the top two next year," said the 27-year-old. "I'm very optimistic.
"We will hopefully learn from our mistakes and correct them in time for next season. "There is no point dwelling on the negatives, because there are so many positives to reflect on from this season."
« Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 03:55:44 PM by Flex »

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
Re: Shakes Agrees To New Contract, Edwards looking to next year
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 08:27:37 PM »
carlos next year u in prem wit or without luton u just dont kno it yet
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

1]; } ?>