0 (0%)
Neutral, de logo have red/white/black was de problem
13 (17.8%)
Its only a jersey... who cares?
7 (9.6%)
Embarassed to wear it
11 (15.1%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Author Topic: Iraqi flag on T&T adidas jersey  (Read 30219 times)

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
Re: LINCON HELP US OUT PLEASE
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2006, 05:47:15 PM »
This is where warrior nation should step in. If the membership is not happy with certain aspects of the national kit and if the displeasure is warranted, then representatiaves from the supporters association should submit in writing an official letter stating our concern. We hadda start doing things the right way. If the TTFF really recognizes us as an official supporters association then they should at least take into our consideration our concerns and submit an official response.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

MickeyRat

« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2006, 05:52:56 PM »
At this point I give up.  First it was tickets to the Bahrain game at home, then came the WC ticket issue.  We could preach Paul, say 15 Hail Mary's...Jack and company running things and we the supporters cah do a damn thing about it.  Not even TTFF.

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
Re: Adidas TnT shirt on sale on FIFA website
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2006, 06:02:18 PM »
What really goin on with dat logo in truth?  ent we have a new logo?

when i went into sportys world   dey had a pik of both kits  d away kit is- just replace d red with white and d white with red
That new logo is just the endorsement logo for the actual TTFF Company
it will not be on the national jerseys

Offline bill

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: LINCON HELP US OUT PLEASE/WARRIOR NATION HEADS
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2006, 06:07:55 PM »
It is a flicking IRAQ flag and it NEEDS to go!!!!. Unless we is not de Soca Warriors anymore but de Sadam Warriors!

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2006, 06:08:27 PM »
How is this the Iraqi flag?  Our national colours are Red, Black and White.  Do we need to have the colours arranged in the form of the flag on our jersey for it to signify Trinidad and Tobago?

Additionally, for aesthetic value, who is to say that the flag would look better than the red, white and black background that the jersey already has?  The TTFF crest has a sash, as does the national flag.  How would they look on top of each other?

Another point is that who says I want the TTFF crest sitting on top of my National Flag?  eh?  That eh right man.

I like the jersey just so.

The man not saying that the national flag would make a better background, he is saying that there is no need for any background at all.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2006, 06:20:34 PM »
The man not saying that the national flag would make a better background, he is saying that there is no need for any background at all.

Thank u JDB... sometimes I does wonder at ppl comprehension skills
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline BlazinTrini

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2006, 06:24:15 PM »
Hopefully we get them in some stores in Canada as well instead of ordering online

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2006, 06:39:52 PM »
AHHHH Ah still bawling... oh gorm ah tink ah having ah orgasm

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2006, 06:48:15 PM »
It ent look like FIFA shipping to the UK!!.. steups. Guess we go have to wait a bit longer.
I agree dat jersey need a strip of black somewhere, and dat iraqi flag ting REAL REAL FAIL!!!!

Bill, I'm pretty sure the shirt will be on sale in UK sports stores, seeing as all dey really sell is football kits! It will definitely be on sale at d Adidas store on Oxford Street, so yuh dont need to waste time ordering online.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2006, 07:04:00 PM »
i want de long sleeve one dred.

ent

ah was warming up to the kit from de Iceland game too

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2006, 07:49:02 PM »
it have 1 simple way to protest against the sh!t adidas put together and call a kit that represent me and my football team a) make it known (in writing to customer service or something.....somebody have an email address we could write to?) and b)....involve you and your US $65.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2006, 07:50:34 PM »
me eh like de jersey too much but yuh know wha? its a trinidad jersey so i still getting it. is there a way to get it customized?
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2006, 07:54:34 PM »
me eh like de jersey too much but yuh know wha? its a trinidad jersey so i still getting it. is there a way to get it customized?

well yea to a certain extent though... simple shit.

Like... Player Name - Player Number - Home/Away - Long Sleeve/Short Sleeve -??? hey wait... do we have an alternate color?

doubt it.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2006, 07:56:39 PM »
it have 1 simple way to protest against the sh!t adidas put together and call a kit that represent me and my football team a) make it known (in writing to customer service or something.....somebody have an email address we could write to?) and b)....involve you and your US $65.
       Breds i think this is very simple,if the TTFF accepted the uniform our players wearing their is nothing you or i can do,i'm sure this design and logo was presented to the TTFF for confirmation and they accepted,you can't blame Adidas they don't tell you what you should wear,that's not how business is done,they present samples that's what our Federation selected.

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2006, 07:57:22 PM »
There's a pic of the away kit in Francis Fashions, as a little poster. If I remember, it's pretty much the opposite of the home version, main white with a red strip. Red shorts I think too.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2006, 08:00:15 PM »
There's a pic of the away kit in Francis Fashions, as a little poster. If I remember, it's pretty much the opposite of the home version, main white with a red strip. Red shorts I think too.

That away kit sounding awful  :(

I was hoping we wud get a black away kit, but it sound like we go be running out on d pitch looking like Poland

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2006, 08:00:35 PM »
yea it  can and should be better... but being realistic is not like they will re-call millions of already produced kits... so i suppose we just have to try we best to enjoy de ting we geh...

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2006, 08:01:29 PM »

That away kit sounding awful  :(

I was hoping we wud get a black away kit, but it sound like we go be running out on d pitch looking like Poland

ha true...

sounds almost like river plate kinda kit... may not be that bad actually.

Adam ah go hadda check dat tomorrow.

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2006, 08:02:19 PM »
It's too late to petition really, being realistic. Granted I think we can still complain, it should've been the real flag.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2006, 08:03:19 PM »

We would only be able to wear a black kit at night games.  Black absorbs heat man.

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2006, 08:03:42 PM »
ha true...

Me too, I was a bit in a rush when I went to sign my name. But it was on the little plastic display with a piece of paper inside, one side with the home and the other with the away. Could look right on the counter there in west mall at the front.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2006, 08:04:16 PM »
yeh d away kit is like d ole finta it has a white pants but a red pants if clashing

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2006, 08:05:34 PM »
ha true...

Me too, I was a bit in a rush when I went to sign my name. But it was on the little plastic display with a piece of paper inside, one side with the home and the other with the away. Could look right on the counter there in west mall at the front.

West Mall.. I signed at L.C.

hmph... ah hope it looks good though...

didnt they reveal the away shirt in de same press conference before de Iceland match?

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2006, 08:10:54 PM »
Again, stop with the crap.  What else, the Red too bright!  fack man!

we need a vermillion

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2006, 10:03:54 PM »
daz a steel pan on the sleeve?? haha

ah see de pan on de sleeve :rotfl:

poi poi kitchener watermark and we good to go

yah, all the nations w/ adidas have that "pan" I got the German pan on mines.   :D

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2006, 12:59:11 AM »

Allyuh men could cry all allyuh want... this is the kit.  I like it AS IS.

Since when the fans have any say on how a national team kit looks?  What country's fans have a say?  Tell me that?  As Coop's said, this was most likely presented to TTFF and accepted.

No matter what they had do, no matter what they had come up with people woulda complain.

That is simply a Trini's nature.

And I am still not hearing anybody respond to whether it is okay to have our National Flag sitting under anything, or acting as the background for anything.  I doh know about allyuh, but my National Flag is always in the FOREFRONT and does not serve as the BACKGROUND for any other crest, even TTFF.

Give me the red, black and white design as a result.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 01:05:06 AM by Jahyouth »

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2006, 01:28:57 AM »
THE IRAQ FLAG ON OUT JERSEY MUST GO.

i know you reading this board so i beg of you to call uncls jack and fix this for me please.

yours respectfully

morvantman :beermug:

I agree with you 100%. That IRAQI flag on the uniform is awful and should be removed. And the flag is in the background with a relatively unknown symbol on the top.

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2006, 01:40:06 AM »
       Breds i think this is very simple,if the TTFF accepted the uniform our players wearing their is nothing you or i can do,i'm sure this design and logo was presented to the TTFF for confirmation and they accepted,you can't blame Adidas they don't tell you what you should wear,that's not how business is done,they present samples that's what our Federation selected.

Your statement is correct, but it does not address the issue of correcting  a mistake.

It is not too late to correct the mistake.  T&T is on the world stage, for the first time, we need our flag on the jersey and I would like to see the name of the country on the Jersey.  Again USA and Australia put their name on their jerseys.   There is nothing on the jersey that says T&T, or rather there is nothing that would enable the average person in T&T or the wider Caribbean to identify that Jersey with the T&T team.  After all the TTFF crest is relatively unknown.  And when we are talking about a worldwide audience, many would be confused because to them that is the flag of IRAQ.

We need to write the Prime Minister, the Minister of Tourism, the Players Union or representative, and Senator Ato Boldon

I like the style and colors of the Jersey.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 02:01:36 AM by StoreBayLimer »

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2006, 07:07:27 AM »
So after reading every post and I must say some value points were given, who is taking the initiative to write these letters to the Prime Minister, the Senator etc

I'm only seeing we should do this and we should do that.

I'm not seeing well I will.....
Is this going to be one of the several discussions to be spoken of and no action taken ?

just an observation :beermug:

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2006, 07:13:12 AM »

Allyuh men could cry all allyuh want... this is the kit.  I like it AS IS.

Since when the fans have any say on how a national team kit looks?  What country's fans have a say?  Tell me that?  As Coop's said, this was most likely presented to TTFF and accepted.

No matter what they had do, no matter what they had come up with people woulda complain.

That is simply a Trini's nature.

And I am still not hearing anybody respond to whether it is okay to have our National Flag sitting under anything, or acting as the background for anything.  I doh know about allyuh, but my National Flag is always in the FOREFRONT and does not serve as the BACKGROUND for any other crest, even TTFF.

Give me the red, black and white design as a result.

Jahyouth,

Reading comprehension > You

name one country with a square behind dey crest... it is cosquel, distasteful, and from anything other than very close up... not recognizable as the TTFF crest....
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 07:28:50 AM by FF »
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

1]; } ?>