0 (0%)
Neutral, de logo have red/white/black was de problem
13 (17.8%)
Its only a jersey... who cares?
7 (9.6%)
Embarassed to wear it
11 (15.1%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Author Topic: Iraqi flag on T&T adidas jersey  (Read 30018 times)

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
Re: Adidas TnT shirt on sale on FIFA website
« Reply #120 on: March 23, 2006, 02:14:33 PM »

west coast,

trinidad jersey on ebay already? you have a link to the auction?

Jahyouth ah hope you see dis...dis is exactly what ah talking bout...you can get this damn jersey anywhere and put ah patch and call it TT national team kit..steups....and dah is wha adidas do...

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 23, 2006, 02:22:05 PM »

west coast,

trinidad jersey on ebay already? you have a link to the auction?

Jahyouth ah hope you see dis...dis is exactly what ah talking bout...you can get this damn jersey anywhere and put ah patch and call it TT national team kit..steups....and dah is wha adidas do...

Big Up!

But Andre yuh could do the same thing with 90% of the teams in the World Cup jersey!!!!!!!

That is how Adidas and them making money!  They "sponsor" a set of teams and let them ALL wear a jersey type Adidas has designed.  After the World Cup sales of these jerseys skyrocket -- both the generic version (without a national patch) and the varous national team varieties!

This is not charity.  It is a business.  And that is the business model.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Adidas TT Kit.. Iraq flag
« Reply #122 on: March 23, 2006, 02:24:37 PM »
you missing de point dreds..buh say wha..dais life...there is more to ah jerser than de colour eh..what I am saying dah adidas jersey, all you have to do is take out the patch and you can represent any other adidas sponsored team who colours are red and white. Now take the finta and take out the crest..which other team/country you think you can identify with if you wear it internationlly? it is more to it than jus colour it is the whole design.

Big Up!

YOU are missing the point.

Please tell me what about the Finta design screamed "Trinidad and Tobago".

Please tell me this.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Copycat National team Jerseys
« Reply #123 on: March 23, 2006, 02:41:50 PM »
Fellas have a look aand see.  Look how many teams are WEARING THE EXACT JERSEY, just with corresponding national color schemes.

http://www.shopadidas.com/family/index.jsp?cp=2019627.2039608.2019536&doVSearch=no&categoryId=2181645&page=2&pageBucket=0&doVSearch=no

Germany
Nigeria
Denmark
France
Japan (although they have the luxury of a few extra lines!)

How would yall have felt if we had got this type and look like a copycat of all the other Adidas-sponsored teams?  At least we got a different design, albeit a design that Adidas already had in stock.

This is just their business model.  Sorry allyuh disappointed.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 23, 2006, 02:56:26 PM »
you missing de point dreds..buh say wha..dais life...there is more to ah jerser than de colour eh..what I am saying dah adidas jersey, all you have to do is take out the patch and you can represent any other adidas sponsored team who colours are red and white. Now take the finta and take out the crest..which other team/country you think you can identify with if you wear it internationlly? it is more to it than jus colour it is the whole design.

Big Up!

With any kind of change comes a degree of hesitance and apprehension, Look how nobody complaining about the new forum now. For those who have been here since this new forum format started, remember how lots of us was only finding fault with everything here and wanted to go back to the discserver format? With time will come a level of acceptance. This kit thing too shall pass.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline bill

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 23, 2006, 03:33:18 PM »

Big Up!

With any kind of change comes a degree of hesitance and apprehension, Look how nobody complaining about the new forum now. For those who have been here since this new forum format started, remember how lots of us was only finding fault with everything here and wanted to go back to the discserver format? With time will come a level of acceptance. This kit thing too shall pass.

The new forum didn't look like another country!!!!, is not comparable. The dislike for the style of the jersey may pass but not dat Iraqi flag

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
Re: LINCON HELP US OUT PLEASE/WARRIOR NATION HEADS
« Reply #126 on: March 23, 2006, 05:08:17 PM »
YEP just found out from Agustus
the logo will be replaced for the WC
thats nice

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 23, 2006, 05:21:54 PM »
sure?

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 23, 2006, 05:56:57 PM »
YEP just found out from Agustus
the logo will be replaced for the WC
thats nice

Replaced wid what?

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Copycat National team Jerseys
« Reply #129 on: March 23, 2006, 06:00:45 PM »
actually it would be better to be sharing the same design adidas
obvioulsy we got the back seat while the other "known" teams got the frontline design
just like the Nike, all the good teams have the same base design
thats how it is for all brands
we just get left out...

Offline Trini_fan

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 23, 2006, 06:46:32 PM »
All the argument about the WC kit right now is a mute point, I done pre-order mine and will wear it with pride cause I know exactly what it represents and i supporting my team, if somebody confuesed, i'll gladly explain to them. These jerseys already in mass production and it have no recall with WC less than 3 months away. When we first saw that badge last november before a WC kit was going to be produced, that was the time for the ranting to go on to effect change, nothing was done then and now everybody up in arms with the end result. Personally, I don't like that strip on the background either but i don't think anybody at adidas would knowingly put an Iraq flag on a Trinidad shirt, blame should rest on the TTFF for accepting such a design but as i said mute point. Either wear it and support or dont wear it support just as long as you support.

There are ppl in Adidas who gets paid for this stuff....it is called proper research. That is like putting a Russian flag on Holland's shirt. I am sure they would not stand for it......call it national pride or whatever else you want.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 23, 2006, 06:58:01 PM »
actually it would be better to be sharing the same design adidas
obvioulsy we got the back seat while the other "known" teams got the frontline design
just like the Nike, all the good teams have the same base design
thats how it is for all brands
we just get left out...

we ent get left out... we is not ah frontline side for nobody but Finta and Rossi....

we sharing we design with Finland, Hungary and China and most likely a host of other second tier adidas teams
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Flag Colour Schemes
« Reply #132 on: March 23, 2006, 08:19:05 PM »
iimitation is the sinceirest form of flatery
Trinidad  and Tobago Has one of the top five most beautful flags in the world ent.t
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 11:08:07 PM by Compre »

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 23, 2006, 08:24:19 PM »
Anyone notice that they pulled the pic of the jersey?  Now it just says "Image available 4-01-06".

Changes afoot?

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 23, 2006, 08:37:06 PM »
Anyone notice that they pulled the pic of the jersey?  Now it just says "Image available 4-01-06".

Changes afoot?

hmmm on both Fifa and Eurosport dey take it down.... It would be nice to know somebody paying attention....

ah wonder wha going on? It might be simply that dey jump de gun with de pic.... it originally used to say available 4-01-06

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: March 23, 2006, 08:40:13 PM »
The placement of the TTFF logo is odd as well compare the pics below:

Why is it so low compared to the others?  It's level with the armpit of the jesrey.

The logo also looks oversized especially with 'Iraqi flag' behind it.  From a design standpoint it's very poor.

Offline TnTVillan

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 23, 2006, 08:50:37 PM »
Look at the size of our logo, thats why it so low because it so big.

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 23, 2006, 08:53:53 PM »
Not necessarily. 

If you look at how the stitching runs it could be moved up a bit......yes......I'm nitpicking..

Offline BlazinTrini

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 23, 2006, 08:57:08 PM »
maybe its not the real jersey they are releasing

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 23, 2006, 09:07:20 PM »
The sticker patch/iraqi flag totally distracts from the TTFF crest...
in fact it is almost unrecognizable because the bands break up the outline... it is really just a poor design...

and for all the ppl who saying how it was there for the bahrain game and nobody make noise....

YES it was noticed....
YES it looked tacky
YES ppl criticize it

however it was less than a month after we had "dropped finta" and it was adidas old stocks... so it was presumed to be a rush job with no time to have the crest set up to be embroidered.... almost 6 months later and the crest hasnt been sorted out  :-\ shameful

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 23, 2006, 10:04:08 PM »
The whole old stock kit shameful  :-[

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #141 on: March 24, 2006, 12:05:31 AM »
Adidas did this in the winter olympics.

And they did it to the Germans no less.

They had the stripes in the wrong order which was the Belgian flag.

Deutsche Welle
NEWS | 15.02.2006
Olympic Spirit Shines Through as Germany Boosts Belgium

Germany's Martina Glagow won the biathlon bronze ... for Belgium?

Sportsmanship is one thing but taking part in an Olympic discipline for the glory of another country is taking it to the extreme. It's not exactly what's happened but the Germans are certainly giving Belgium a hand.

Belgian biathlon fans were celebrating a bronze medal at the winter Olympics this week despite the fact that they have no competitors in the competition and the recipient of the medal, Martina Glagow, was actually German.

In fact, Belgium stands to win a whole clutch of medals in Turin, specifically in the biathlon and Nordic skiing disciplines, because of a mix up in kit which places around 30 German athletes in the wrong camp.

Due to mistakes made in German sportswear giant adidas's Far East factories, German skiers have to wear caps in Belgian national colors during the first week of the games.

Far East mess-up has Germans representing Belgium

The Belgian flag: Not too dissimilar to the German one

The confusion in the Orient has led to the Belgian flag -- horizontal blocks of black-yellow-red -- replacing the German flag -- horizontal black-red-gold stripes -- on the athletes' official kit.

"We regret this technical mistake and do apologize to all athletes," adidas spokesperson Jan Runau said in a statement, adding that caps with the right colors would now be produced but would not arrive until next week.

The Belgian team, which consists of just five athletes -- all of whom are taking part in skating disciplines -- have yet to comment. They must be very pleased at the prospect of their country doing very well in the first week's skiing events, especially as they don't have anyone featuring in them.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 12:17:27 AM by dcs »

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #142 on: March 24, 2006, 12:21:19 AM »
ESPN Insider Blog
Wayne's World
posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2006
This is not a joke

Adidas is a German company. Let me repeat that: adidas is a German company. OK, now hear this. Reports out of Torino now confirm a rumor I heard this morning that 30 German skiers at the Winter Olympics are now wearing caps sporting Belgium's flag because adidas (again, German company) made hats with the colors of the German flag -- black, red and gold -- in the wrong order. Germany's flag is black, red and gold, but the hats have the colors ordered black, gold and red, which is Belgium's flag. "We regret this technical mistake and do apologize to all athletes," adidas spokesman Jan Runau said. Somehow, no excuse seems acceptable on this one. Caps featuring the German flags will be given to the Olympians next week.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 24, 2006, 02:40:31 AM »
Evryone is focusing on d Iraqi flag. To me, the logo itself is embarrassing - it looks like a primary school child drew it. Anyone know who was responsible for it? And why we haven't changed it?

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #144 on: March 24, 2006, 03:10:04 AM »
Allyuh it have about 4 other threads with allyuh vex how dey T-shirt is.  How dey stitch ain't good, how adidas play dey ass, how dey logo to big, dey color different and so on. Allyuh actually google dey Jersey to make allyuh point.  I IMPRESS

Ah know is we official Jersey and allyuh have PRIDE....but oh gorm man

Allyuh merge all dey threads that concern dey Kit nah. PLEASEEEEEE  :beermug:

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 24, 2006, 10:59:18 AM »

Why is it so low compared to the others?  It's level with the armpit of the jesrey.

The logo also looks oversized especially with 'Iraqi flag' behind it.  From a design standpoint it's very poor.

wayz hoss dem adidas ppl rip we off
check de neck lines
the Hungary and Greece have a kinda slanted v_shaped neck
our own just  plain circular

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
Re: Iraqi flag on T&T adidas jersey
« Reply #146 on: March 24, 2006, 11:06:39 AM »
It shitty but ah still buying it ah still whering it wid pride ah wish it was better , ah wish adidas did offer ah better deal but we get de shitty end ah de stick so we go live with it... do well mash up real team in de world cup sign ah puma deal fuh life.. look good play good distress real team.. nah worry forumite nah worry

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #147 on: March 24, 2006, 11:13:31 AM »
I saw a picture of a TTFF press conference the board with all the sponsors. Along with Adidas, Blue waters, KFC  etc was the TTFF logo with the same Iraqi colours behind it. So I'm wondering if it is that Adidas made that decision to change the logo or were just using the logo provided by the TTFF.

Offline bill

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 24, 2006, 12:11:04 PM »
It shitty but ah still buying it ah still whering it wid pride ah wish it was better , ah wish adidas did offer ah better deal but we get de shitty end ah de stick so we go live with it... do well mash up real team in de world cup sign ah puma deal fuh life.. look good play good distress real team.. nah worry forumite nah worry

Look out for me in Germany with me old FINTA jersey!!! Adidas could keep dat ting!

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 24, 2006, 08:00:49 PM »

wayz hoss dem adidas ppl rip we off
check de neck lines
the Hungary and Greece have a kinda slanted v_shaped neck
our own just plain circular

guatemala have de same jersey design as us also.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

1]; } ?>