0 (0%)
Neutral, de logo have red/white/black was de problem
13 (17.8%)
Its only a jersey... who cares?
7 (9.6%)
Embarassed to wear it
11 (15.1%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Author Topic: Iraqi flag on T&T adidas jersey  (Read 30156 times)

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Iraqi flag on T&T adidas jersey
« Reply #151 on: March 28, 2006, 12:03:21 PM »
andre posted this on another thread
same shirt without the badge.
I might get this and put my own crest on ! (without the Iraq flag )

http://www.soccer.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=1262&pcount=&Product_Id=213085
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 12:06:05 PM by superoli »
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 29, 2006, 06:20:28 PM »

Given the type of grievance, it is still worth writing to Adidas about the jersey.
Here is  site for email to their personel

http://www.adidas-group.com/en/local/meta/contact/default.asp

And here is my letter. Other can send the same letter

Re:  Trinidad & Tobago Football Team Jersey

Dear Sir,

Adidas’s sponsorship of the Trinidad and Tobago (T&T) football team touched off celebration among many fans because of  adidas's renowned reputation, and the fan’s  affection for the brand name.  We anxiously waited the arrival of the new football kit and were expecting an original and inspiring design of the team jersey.  However to the shock and dismay of many, the T&T team jersey (that is now available for pre-order) features the flag of Iraq.   We are pleading with the proper authorities of Adidas to please remove the Iraqi flag from the T&T team jersey.  This is the first time that T&T will be participating  in the World Cup; and all the players and fans would like to be wearing our national flag instead of that of some other country.

Of course, we do not know who is to blame for the grievous error of putting the Iraqi flag on our team jersey.  Adidas should not simply say that the T&T Football Federation (TTFF) accepted the jersey and hence it is not adidas’s responsibility.  The TTFF is a tiny organization on a small island, and it is in some ways isolated from world affairs.  One would expect that Adidas being a global company with top designers would not make a mistake of that type.

Again, we are kindly requesting that Adidas remove the Iraqi flag from the jersey of our beloved Trinidad and Tobago.

Respectfully,

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 29, 2006, 06:31:23 PM »
In my opinion... plain and simple T & TFF and adidas ( the German company) need to addressed this and change the colors logo that look like Iraqi national color to Trinidad and Tobago colors in it's rightful order....PLAIN AND SIMPLE

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 29, 2006, 06:51:59 PM »
In my opinion... plain and simple T & TFF and adidas ( the German company) need to addressed this and change the colors logo that look like Iraqi national color to Trinidad and Tobago colors in it's rightful order....PLAIN AND SIMPLE
Its a worthwhile campaign to eventually change it, but its easy to see how it turned out the way it did. Look at it as a collectors item ;D - a one off. If the current design are to be recalled, then there would be no replicas for the world cup. We don't have that kind of influence, nor selling power. The future replicas without a doubt won't have the "iraqi" flag, background for the TTFF's crest.
Live large and prosper!

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 30, 2006, 02:44:57 AM »

Dear Sir,

Adidas’s sponsorship of the Trinidad and Tobago (T&T) football team touched off celebration among many fans because of  adidas's renowned reputation, and the fan’s  affection for the brand name.  We anxiously waited the arrival of the new football kit and were expecting an original and inspiring design of the team jersey.  However to the shock and dismay of many, the T&T team jersey (that is now available for pre-order) features the flag of Iraq.   We are pleading with the proper authorities of Adidas to please remove the Iraqi flag from the T&T team jersey.  This is the first time that T&T will be participating  in the World Cup; and all the players and fans would like to be wearing our national flag instead of that of some other country.

Of course, we do not know who is to blame for the grievous error of putting the Iraqi flag on our team jersey.  Adidas should not simply say that the T&T Football Federation (TTFF) accepted the jersey and hence it is not adidas’s responsibility.  The TTFF is a tiny organization on a small island, and it is in some ways isolated from world affairs.  One would expect that Adidas being a global company with top designers would not make a mistake of that type.

Again, we are kindly requesting that Adidas remove the Iraqi flag from the jersey of our beloved Trinidad and Tobago.

Respectfully,

Nice one SBL...keep us posted if you hear anything

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 30, 2006, 03:14:21 AM »
andre posted this on another thread
same shirt without the badge.
I might get this and put my own crest on ! (without the Iraq flag )

http://www.soccer.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=1262&pcount=&Product_Id=213085

So wait nuh.. based on this, the ttff badge on the iraqi flag adding $30US to the price of the jersey??

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #157 on: March 30, 2006, 03:20:48 AM »
So after reading 7 pages of the same thing .. I notice a post from another thread

Ato Boldon
Adidas sponsorship
Oakley sponsorship
etc

Now lemme know if I talking manure.

2 + 2 is 4, and 3 +3 is 6... Adidas sponsoring Ato...allyuh on kicks  ???
Since ah doh mind people business, lemme know if thatz dey same Adidas nah.
If ah right, use ya resources folks.
I scatch ya back, you scatch my backside...same ting.

If ah wrong ah go delete meh post.

If anybody cuss me on this bright Thursday morning...I won't hesitate eh. >:(

Cheers :beermug:

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 30, 2006, 03:24:06 AM »
I sent them an email
"Dear sir/madam
I am enquiring about the Adidas Trinidad & Tobago Football shirt. Can you please tell me how it has come to pass that the crest has as a background the Iraq flag ? The T&T flag is diagonal stripes not horizontal and on this auspicious event such as the world cup I would like my correct national flag displayed. Can you please tell me how this design was selected ? Was it supplied by the TTFF ?
I believe it is important to Adidas as well to get the correct flag displayed as you do not sponsor Iraq !
I look forward to your reply."

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 30, 2006, 03:25:27 AM »
looks like $30 for a badge, I serious I buying the Libero shirt and putting my own crest on.

Offline socachynee

• Sr. Warrior
  • goals win games
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 30, 2006, 07:29:08 AM »
 ???  de TnT/IRAQ jersey was removed, so should we all guess come Saturday we seein a new jersey?

;D

FYI, in Mississauga at Heartland Shopping Centre, the adidas outlet has quite a number of samples of WC2006 items for sale.  Most of the items are jerseys and they are in medium sizes. 

ADIDAS / JOGGERS OUTLET

Thanks to a thoughtful visitor to our site we were made aware of this outlet.  Adidas and Joggers have teamed up to bring you this outlet store which contains 2 outlet stores in one location.  The left side of this outlet is dedicated to Adidas clothing and footwear and the right side is the Joggers outlet.  Products consist of current, discontinued and ends of season merchandise.  You'll find athletic footwear, accessories, gym wear, outerwear, casual clothing and more.  Brand names include, Adidas, Saucony, Reebok, Brooks, and much more.

Address:  5935 Mavis Road, Heartland Town Centre, Mississauga,

Ontario, L5R 3T7

(Mavis Road & Brittania)

Phone:     (905) 568-9506

Open:      Mon. to Fri. 9:30 - 9; Sat. 9:30 - 6; Sun. 11 - 5

Payment Method:   Visa, MC, AMEX, Direct Payment, Cash.

View Map:   5935 Mavis Rd, Mississauga ON

Respect

Offline BlazinTrini

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 30, 2006, 07:55:40 AM »
I went to the store this week no Trinidad stuff and I only saw Adidas stuff in the store. I think since there is no longer any joggers stores that I know of in the GTA

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 30, 2006, 08:36:40 AM »
I sent them an email
"Dear sir/madam
I am enquiring about the Adidas Trinidad & Tobago Football shirt. Can you please tell me how it has come to pass that the crest has as a background the Iraq flag ? The T&T flag is diagonal stripes not horizontal and on this auspicious event such as the world cup I would like my correct national flag displayed. Can you please tell me how this design was selected ? Was it supplied by the TTFF ?
I believe it is important to Adidas as well to get the correct flag displayed as you do not sponsor Iraq !
I look forward to your reply."

We don't want no damn flag behind no damn crest.... if yuh want ah flag, put it on de shoulder.... crest on shirt.... no background... thank you
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 30, 2006, 09:49:24 AM »
but writing dont hurt fren ! you sound like people who happy that pavements in Trinidad getting higher and higher to match the roads, soon man going to walk downstairs to get in their garden

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 30, 2006, 10:05:25 AM »
So after reading 7 pages of the same thing .. I notice a post from another thread

Ato Boldon
Adidas sponsorship
Oakley sponsorship
etc

Now lemme know if I talking manure.

2 + 2 is 4, and 3 +3 is 6... Adidas sponsoring Ato...allyuh on kicks  ???
Since ah doh mind people business, lemme know if thatz dey same Adidas nah.
If ah right, use ya resources folks.
I scatch ya back, you scatch my backside...same ting.

If ah wrong ah go delete meh post.

If anybody cuss me on this bright Thursday morning...I won't hesitate eh. >:(

Cheers :beermug:

It is the same company so you might be on to something.  Also with Ato's Senator's status this might add some weight to the request for change.
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: March 30, 2006, 10:13:12 AM »
so should we have a compettion to design our own badge ?
Ha ha we could print it and put it on the libero shirts

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 30, 2006, 05:41:03 PM »
So doc who is doing the sponsoring T&TFF or adidas, they sponsoring the Trinidad and Tobago world cup team not the other way around.....so T&TFF should do something about it.... why they have to take that shit give it back what the problem...world cup starting in June not next month...way in June

Offline trinidre

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Adidas TnT shirt on sale on FIFA website
« Reply #167 on: March 30, 2006, 07:50:47 PM »
there goes my plans for wearing my jersey in the middle east

men go think i from iraq and start meh

yeah yuh doh want to do that  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

1]; } ?>