April 27, 2024, 03:24:15 PM

Author Topic: Caledonia AIA/Morvant Caledonia United Thread.  (Read 45820 times)

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
Re: Joe Public vs Caledonia AIA Match Report (still no Hardest)
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2006, 02:57:50 PM »
ah only seeing good tings with my squad(aia) .good to see dey biggin up morvant right now. givin sumting positive to d yutes.
 dey train on uwi grounds i believe. ah does watch dem every now an den when ah goin to class.only good tings to come .

bless!!!
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2006, 07:33:10 PM »
coops i am an avid aia supporter since i run under 16 an 14 wit them.

i will try to go as much pro games as possible and try to be as unbiased as possible in my judgement

the quality of football was hard and solid no lil boy ting atall may be likened to english division dat wrexham in wit a lil more flair

calidonia have a game 2moroow against northeast stars

d ting is i reallll like cali an tionto an jaggy up front but the goalie for north east is meh neighbour in he first pro season so i donh want him get buss up

i wont be able to make d game though as i have skool comittments but look out for reperts on d ones i do manage to attend.

ps i worried ti aint post here as yet

suicide watch is on for ti and disgruntled cuz hardest aint playing and stern just scoring

points of note that i left out

the entire covered stand was filled and some of the uncovered had people in it as well

calidonia may have had the most vociforus crowd as tinto jaggy and shelly all had strong followers.

the marvin lee ground didnt look that bad the ball flowed tru

the price to go in was a reasonabel $10 and the game does start on time.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 07:41:28 PM by $#0++@ »
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

fabio

« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2006, 12:08:29 AM »
I reached about 15 mins late for my first Pro League game in 21 years seeing that I don’t know the names of most players ill just give team rundowns in each half.

First Half.

Joe Public – This team looked largely unimaginative and lethargic in the 1st half. The midfield of Lyndon Andrews, Dwarika, Glasgow, and Colombian number 3 were ineffective at best and were often not on the same page. McCommie has the side tacticall sound but unimaginative at best. The two Jamaican forwards (Smith, Nelson) are veeeery opotunicstic and had some cracking shots at the Caledonia's goal but all down the keeper throat.

Caledonia - Short passing game looks a lot like Bertille St Clair's team in the Costa Rica game, depends a lot on luck. First half, Kendall Jagdeosingh never stops running. He will run for anyting at any one and his experience against the other teammates showed a lot. Conrad Smith and the Caledonia (Cali) number 10 picked off a lot of Joe's tru balls but the MORVANT mentality of holding on a little to long will be this teams Achilles heeel. The ref allowed some hard tackles on Jagdeosingh but no real shots from Cali as they tried to walk into the goal.

Second half

Joe Public – Looked really tired. Dwarika walked and walked and walked some more. Their right back Sean Powers reallll deadly and tried springing Glasgow on the break but he either over hit it or Glasgow over slow for it but after the rest Gary looked top for Joe Public. McCommie made 3 subs Dwarika and Sean Powers an a next player came off ……..Jemmott aint come on, 2 games, 2 reasons for to make up. He looked still with a little punch in his half time teatrics.

Caledonia AIA – Began brightly looked really likely to score. Jagdeosingh still running for annnnnnnnny thing, I even got tired watching him. Conrad had a clear run on but ref blow off side who was little Joe Public biased. 70 mins Hayden Tinto on for next striker Jagdeosingh and Tinto up front. Tinto first real ball hits Lyndon Andrews a spanner and cut fake Andrews falls on his bottom flaing arms, entire crowd screams Tinto ! Tinto ! Tinto ! free kick to Public. Tinto causes another foul this time on himself gives newly came on defender second yellow. Shelly a Antiguan steps up and blasts the free kick past Figueroa who was slowwwww for the entire game. By now Andrews walking, Conrad, Tinto, number 10 and Jagdeosingh running like no tomorrow.

Final score Cali 1 v Public 0.

Caledonia relie a lot on luck.

Joe Public tactiacally sound but Dwarika and an unfit Jemmott (Hardest) will provide nuttin for the forwards.

Player of the game Conrad Smith deft touches galore control Cali middle.

No real standout for Beenhakker to look at remember the name Kendall Jagdeosingh cuz he may RUN into u...

hardest should jess hangup he boots ras. he better days are behind him. i remember playing with that man ras. even when he was with queens park rangers.....dem was d days ras. he was bad for days!!!

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2006, 01:39:13 AM »
coops i am an avid aia supporter since i run under 16 an 14 wit them.

i will try to go as much pro games as possible and try to be as unbiased as possible in my judgement

the quality of football was hard and solid no lil boy ting atall may be likened to english division dat wrexham in wit a lil more flair

calidonia have a game 2moroow against northeast stars

d ting is i reallll like cali an tionto an jaggy up front but the goalie for north east is meh neighbour in he first pro season so i donh want him get buss up

i wont be able to make d game though as i have skool comittments but look out for reperts on d ones i do manage to attend.

ps i worried ti aint post here as yet

suicide watch is on for ti and disgruntled cuz hardest aint playing and stern just scoring

points of note that i left out

the entire covered stand was filled and some of the uncovered had people in it as well

calidonia may have had the most vociforus crowd as tinto jaggy and shelly all had strong followers.

the marvin lee ground didnt look that bad the ball flowed tru

the price to go in was a reasonabel $10 and the game does start on time.
       I did not mean to come across as though you were bias in any way,your reports are excellent,we have all these games playing on the same day and you can't cover all at the same time,may be if guys that attend the other games can do what you are doing it will be appreciated,but thanks Breds you doing a fine job keep us informed.

Offline #8

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: match report. joe vs calidonia ( still no hardest)
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2006, 07:46:23 PM »
shotta let meh tell yuh somthing

when me and billy was at caledonia annisette mention somthing i would never forget

conrad is goin to hold on no matter what so build a team around him and you would win cups

thanks fuh de rundown

yuh went by yuhself???

organise two cali juzzy fuh de block nah
Montreal Impact and Toronto Lynx want him BAD...de fellar bittah in de middle and up front.bless up Smithy.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Caledonia AIA Fire win East derby.
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2006, 07:47:15 AM »
Somebody told me that they saw Kerry Noray played in this game for Jabloteh. Is he back from Lebanon already.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
Caledonia run past the ‘Eastern Lions’.
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2006, 07:27:20 AM »
Caledonia run past the ‘Eastern Lions’.
By: Joel Villafana.

Second half strikes from Kendall Jagdeosingh and Kareem Joseph kept Neal and Massy Caledonia AIA Fire’s winning record against the mighty Joe Public intact, as the ‘Men from Morvant’ came away 2-1 winners as the T&T Pro League action resumed.
Joe public have been bumped off the top—as North East Stars defeated Defence Force 3-1—and the ‘Sangre Grande Boys’ took sole possession of the top spot.
On a wet surface at the Larry Gomes Stadium, the ‘Eastern Lions’ were determined to change their fortunes this season against their rivals Caledonia AIA, having lost twice this season on the two occasions they have met.
However, it was not to be—despite starting well, the ‘Eastern Lions took a 1-0 lead in the first half. In the 24th minute Jamaican striker Carlington Smith ran at the Caledonia defence and fired a wicked shot that beat Caledonia goalkeeper.
That’s how it stayed at the half, but on the resumption Caledonia must have gotten some words of inspiration from coach Jamal Shabbazz, as they came out with a burst of energy, as they began stringing passes together—and within one minute of the resumption midfielder Ryan Stewart split the defence in two and sent through Kendall Jagdeosingh—and the lanky striker evaded one defender and slotted it home—the scores tied at 1-1.
Caledonia continued to grow in confidence, and tormented the Joe Public defence and in the 71st minute Kareem Joseph gave the ‘Men from Morvant’ a deserving lead.
Joseph made a good run down the flank, cut inside and had the defence fooled, as instead of crossing the ball, he aimed for the near post and squeezed it past the Joe Public goal keeper—Caledonia leading 2-1.
It got worst for Mike Mc Commie’s men, as their goalkeeper Aleandro Figueorea was red carded for using obscene language at the referee. It ended 2-1 in favor of Caledonia—Joe Public missing out on an opportunity to establish a lead at the top of the standings, and were bumped off by North East Stars.

North East Stars grab top spot.

The Sangre Grande based team returned after the break with some fire, in the 2nd game of what turned out to be an exciting double header at the Larry Gomes Stadium, they came away 3-1 winners over the Army and sent the Defence Force back to Tetron empty handed. North East now going to 25 points, 2 points clear at the top.
The slippery Shandell Samuel opened the scoring in the 38th minute—North East taking a 1-0 lead into the dressing rooms. On the resumption, coach Miguel Hackett’s men continued to dominate and doubled their lead when Joseph Peters scored North East Stars 2nd item.
Defence Force pulled one back in the 76th with a Devon Jorsling strike—and gave themselves a bit of a lifeline—but with three minutes to go, former Jabloteh striker Nigel Codrington sealed the issue for North East as he blasted home goal number 3. North East Stars celebrated a 3-1 win and the position of League Leaders.

Rangers and Connection register narrow wins.

Vibe CT 105 W Connection got the vital three points they needed, as they escaped with a narrow 1-0 win over the unlucky Starworld Strikers at the Mannie Ramjohn stadium. Connection skipper Earl Jean scored the winner in two minutes into added on injury time. The ‘Savonnetta Boys’ has kept the pressure on the leaders and moved up 22 points. While at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Todd Ryan scored the lone item, as Superstar Rangers edged United Petrotrin 1-0.

NOTE—The Round 11 Match—San Juan Jabloteh vs. Tobago United has been re-scheduled to Thursday 13th July, 2006 at the Larry Gomes Stadium.

Joe Public v Caledonia

North East Stars v Defence Force

Joe Public v Caledonia
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 10:57:07 AM by Flex »

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Caledonia run past the ‘Eastern Lions’.
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2006, 07:43:30 AM »
I hope jagdeo bussing the net
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2006, 07:45:48 AM »
Did Hardest play?

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2006, 07:46:48 AM »
Whats the score with Jabloteh v Tobago ?

Kendall Jagdeosingh is de only youth from we under 21 team that scoring goals almost every week, glad for him, hope others like Shane and Tinto can follow suit.

Whats the deal with Randi Patterson ? did he get his T&T passport yet or de TTFF waiting for de USA to take him back then they go jump on de ball.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 07:54:55 AM by Flex »

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2006, 08:51:29 AM »
Somebody did bet meh that North East stars aint makin it. Check and see who is de go-to-guy for North East? Ah collectin on dem bets.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2006, 08:53:49 AM »
good job by North East Stars  :beermug: :beermug:

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2006, 08:59:46 AM »
anybody know how to contact Jagdeo??? Ah try the Pro League office but dey stickin....
iNnOcEnT aNd UnInFoRmEd...

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2006, 09:08:00 AM »
anybody know how to contact Jagdeo??? Ah try the Pro League office but dey stickin....

yuh want to do ah interview with him ? yuh could call  him after a  game or  find out when is the team training session and chat with him after or somthing
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline SHOTTA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2006, 10:17:51 AM »
ahem  mr wim first order of me demanding that u take my view is to make sure jaggdeosingh playing against japan talk dun

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2006, 10:33:06 AM »
Additional scores from the PFL:

WC 1 - 0 Starworld

Rangers 1 - 0 Petrotrin

Jabloteh v Tobago, postponed to Thur.
Live large and prosper!

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2006, 01:33:33 PM »
ah was expecting to see something from the president of the caladonia supporters group.

where is the "man from malick" ???

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Caledonia AIA/Morvant Caledonia United Thread.
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2007, 04:34:22 PM »
Kerry Noray working his way up the Caledonia ladder.       
By: Randy Bando (ttprolegaue.com).

Caledonia AIA pre-season signing Kerry Noray is looking forward to his Pro League debut with the ‘Stallions’ after the break.
The former San Juan Jabloteh forward signed with the Morvant based team at the beginning of the 2007 season, after being released by his former club at the end of the 2006 season.
Kerry who is coming off a thigh injury is now working his way back to full fitness and has been featuring in a couple of reserve team matches for Caledonia.
Noray told ‘ttproleague.com’ that he is now ready, “Everything is okay with me now. I am fit and ready to go. I have played against Joe Public in a reserve match where we won 3-1 two weeks ago and I am hoping to play again for the reserve team soon.”
“I am playing in these matches to prove that I am fully fit because I really want to earn my spot on the first team when the break is over,” added the former Trinidad and Tobago international.
Although Noray believes he has fully recovered, starting against Tobago United when the League resumes is still an uncertainty.
Noray who suffered a torn thigh muscle during pre-season has been recovering well according to Caledonia AIA’s Brazilian fitness trainer Amerigo Philopa.
Despite recovering from the injury, Philopa believes the former Lebanon based striker will have to work hard for his place.
Speaking with ‘ttproleague.com’ during one of the team’s gym sessions, Philopa said, “Kerry has to compete a lot now to earn a starting spot. Kerry is a great player and I know that he is going to do well for us, but for now we have players like Carlyle Mitchell and Jameel Perry doing really well,” he added.
Philopa believes the League’s break was in good timing, “Coach Jamaal Shabazz has selected a great squad for us to work with. We can replace injured players at anytime with players of the same quality and with this break in the season it is really good for us. We now have the time to recover and come again,” concluded the former Sao Paulo Football Club youth trainer.
Caledonia is on 16 points and currently leads the Pro League standings, two points ahead of their closest challenger San Juan Jabloteh with two first round matches still to go.

Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline SHOTTA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kerry Noray working his way up the Caledonia ladder.
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2007, 08:29:32 AM »
and i was just starting to worry when i not seeing him on we bench at all

big up to norray cali all the way

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
League leaders Caledonia AIA may lose ace defender
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2007, 11:20:00 AM »
Source: Randy Bando

League leaders Neal and Massy Caledonia AIA are without Guyanese international Charles Pollard when the Pro League resumes on Tuesday.

Pollard who joined the Morvant based Pro League club during the 2007 pre-season has now joined A-League club Brooklyn Knights on a two month loan deal.

Caledonia AIA head Coach Jamaal Shabazz confirmed the deal speaking with ‘ttproleague.com’ less than a week before the season’s restart.

He said, “Brooklyn Knights contacted us after seeing a match with Charles on the TT Pro League website (ttproleague.com). We agreed on a two month loan for Charles,” Shabazz said.

Pollard joined Brooklyn Knights two weeks ago during the Pro League break and according to Shabazz, his top quality defender would reunite with Caledonia after the A-League season ends in late July.

Caledonia AIA are on top of the league standings on 16 points just two clear of cross-town rivals San Juan Jabloteh with just two matches away from the end of Round One.

So far the ‘Stallions’ are now without two key Guyanese internationals for the restart of the season, striker Nigel Codrington who joined a club in the USL and now Pollard is on a two month loan with Brooklyn Knights.

However Coach Shabazz isn’t too bothered with the loss and believes it creates an opening for new players.

He added, “This is now an opportunity for the other players in the club to step up to the plate,” said the Caledonia Coach.

It is also suspected that on the restart former San Juan Jabloteh forward Kerry Noray and former North East Stars defender Howard Lowe who are both coming off pre-season injuries could possibly be in the Caledonia line-up for the first time this season.

Both players have been working their way up to full fitness during the break and Noray coming off a thigh injury has featured in a couple of reserve team matches for the ‘Stallions’.

Caledonia AIA would travel to the sister isle on Tuesday to face bottom of the table Tobago United at the Dwight Yorke Stadium in their Round One Match Day Eight encounter.

Kingman

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
Re: League leaders Caledonia AIA may lose ace defender
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2007, 11:27:02 AM »
all these opportunities are good for the players, to gain experience and exposure.
who is the Guyanese Natl coach?  ;D

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2007, 11:31:56 AM »
Source: Randy Bando

League leaders Neal and Massy Caledonia AIA are without Guyanese international Charles Pollard when the Pro League resumes on Tuesday.

Pollard who joined the Morvant based Pro League club during the 2007 pre-season has now joined A-League club Brooklyn Knights on a two month loan deal.

Caledonia AIA head Coach Jamaal Shabazz confirmed the deal speaking with ‘ttproleague.com’ less than a week before the season’s restart.

He said, “Brooklyn Knights contacted us after seeing a match with Charles on the TT Pro League website (ttproleague.com). We agreed on a two month loan for Charles,” Shabazz said.

Pollard joined Brooklyn Knights two weeks ago during the Pro League break and according to Shabazz, his top quality defender would reunite with Caledonia after the A-League season ends in late July.

Kingman

This article really bothering me in several ways.

First, I disappointed with the TT proleague for writing an article with false information. Brooklyn Knight is not no A-League team. They are a PDL team. Randy, get your facts right pal. The PDL league is a part of the USL organization. USL has several league. USL 1 & USL 2 (A league), (PDL ametuer league for school boys), W-League (ametuer league for school girls) and Super-Y league (youth league).

The A league season don't end in July. The PDL season ends in July to give the youths the opportunity to get ready to go back to their respective colleges and prepare for pre-season.

Secondly, in PDL there is no money involved. Player make there money doing camps and some don't make no money at all. The coaches also earn a bulk of their salary doing camps. So that part about leaving to go on a 2 month "deal" sounding skeptical.

Thirdly, Is the Pro League back home so bad that this player rather come and play with a bunch of college boys (18, 19 and, 20 yr old boys)...practicing 2 times a week and do summer camps to make his salary?

SHAME SHAME SHAME....STEUPSSSSSSSS!!!

Kingman
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 11:41:25 AM by kingman »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2007, 08:43:03 AM »
Them men on that pro league site does just write for writing sake.....

Since when Brooklyn Knights play in de A League....

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Caledonia maintain Pro League charge.
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2007, 07:18:35 AM »
Caledonia maintain Pro League charge.
By: Lasana Liburd (Express).
[/size]

Petrotrin edged in Malabar.

"For years, we have had many games when we played well and lost," said Caledonia AIA assistant coach Jerry Moe, "and our only consolation was in our performance. From a coaching perspective, it is better to play ugly and win."
Caledonia remained on the heels of 2007 Pro League leaders, CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh, on Saturday night as they edged United Petrotrin at the Larry Gomes Stadium, Malabar to stay within a point of the table toppers. But no one in the audience would volunteer to review a tape of their latest conquest.
On paper, the encounter should have offered a captivating clash between two of the country's best clubs on present form. Instead, it was a cagey affair contested by teams brimmed with passion but short on offensive punch.
It would take all day for dreadlocked Petrotrin coach Brian Williams to pull his hair out but he might have pondered the task after seeing star striker Peter Prosper to the Piarco departure lounge on Thursday. Prosper, who scored four of Petrotrin's nine goals in their last two matches, was recalled early by his Lebanese employers and his absence might have been the difference between the outfits on Saturday.
Sylvester Teesdale, who has seven league goals this term-the joint third highest tally in the Pro League-is expected to shoulder the responsibility upfront but wasted the game's best opportunity in the 63rd minute when he headed against the bar from inside the six yard box.
His new strike partner Andre Alexis, who is yet to score this season, should have done better when miscommunication between Caledonia goalkeeper Richard Reynolds and defender Howard Lowe offered him a clear sight of goal in the 21st minute. Alexis' scoffed effort was easily cleared by retreating defender Radanfah Abu Bakr.
Williams has three other strikers on his books but is so unconvinced by their present form that he opted to use central defender Devon Drayton as a makeshift forward instead for the final 23 minutes.
He could have cast an envious glance at the opposing technical area when Caledonia striker Anthony Abrams came off the bench and scored with his first meaningful touch in the 80th minute.
"The best result would have been a drawn game or maybe 1-nil to Petrotrin," Williams told the Express. "It was a very evenly contested game but I think we had the better goalscoring chances."
Petrotrin were the first team to defeat Caledonia this season-only Jabloteh have also managed three points against the "Eastern Stallions" in league combat-and they were the more assertive team in the middle of the field on Saturday.
Shabazz has regularly gushed about the importance of dreadlocked, beanpole playmaker Marvin Oliver to his team's fortune but it was Petrotrin captain Romauld Aguillera who dominated the central midfield area.
Quick, willing and composed, Aguillera set the tone for Petrotrin's resistance and the southern visitors threatened with a dipping Simeon Augustus half volley in the 44th minute while Kelvin Hernandez headed inches over the bar in the 61st minute following a Kennedy Hinkson freekick.
Two minutes later, Teesdale struck the bar after Alexis neatly headed on a deep Hernandez cross.
Caledonia responded by introducing Abrams, a Guyanese international, and Trinidad and Tobago under-23 winger Hayden Tinto-just after the hour mark-but there was little cohesion in their play.
Shabazz might have missed his midfield general Densill Theobald, if only for the willingness of the Hungary-bound player to seek out possession. Oliver lacks Theobald's bustling, energetic style but there is aesthetic value in the way he caresses the ball and he possesses a good eye for the clever, early pass.
The game seemed to be petering out into a stalemate when Oliver showed his class with one of those effortless flicks of his that routinely dismembers an opposing defence.
A crossfield pass at an awkward height seemed to present little menace but the Rastafarian checked his run and flicked the ball behind the Petrotrin defence with his forehead.
Abrams finished with a firm right footed strike that flew past Charles' outstretched right hand.
Drayton nearly fashioned an equalizer but for a desperate headed clearance by defender Dexter Franklyn over his own bar. And Caledonia held out for the result that, according to Moe, slightly flattered them.
He insisted that Caledonia can and will play better, particularly with the return of ex-national utility player Conrad Smith from trials in Brunei and Guyana under-23 striker Dwight Peters.
"I think the game deserved a draw," said Moe, "but we are happy for the win."
In a perverse way, it was the stuff that champion teams are made of.

Teams

Caledonia AIA:[/b] — Richard Reynolds, Howard Lowe, Radanfah Abu Bakr(Dexter Franklyn), Walter Moore, Sterling Arjoon, Stephan David, Marvin Oliver, Abdallah Phillips, Kareem Joseph (Hayden Tinto), Jameel Perry (Anthony Abrams).

Coach – Jamaal Shabazz

United Petrotrin: – Tristan Charles, Larry Bacchus, Simeon Augustus, Al Sinclair, Kurt Williams (Husani Thomas), Romauld Augillera, Kelvin Hernandez, Marlon Lewis (Ryan McIntosh), Andre Alexis (Devon Drayton), Kennedy Hinkson, Sylvester Teesdale.

Coach – Brian Williams
Yesterday's News

Caledonia wary of big brothers.
… Shabazz’s troops aim at Petrotrin
By: Lasana Liburd (Express).

Jamaal Shabazz gushed with excitement about his dream for the Caledonia AIA football club. It is a vision that has grown clearer since its inception in 1998 and is now shared, according to the coach, by football fans throughout the Morvant/ Caledonia community.
The Pro League and Guyana national team coach is not ready to share his dream with the public just yet but offered an analogy from the Old Testament.
“Joseph had a dream about 11 stars and the moon lying prostrate before him,” Shabazz told the Trinidad Express. “His father understood the significance of the dream—that he would be king—and told him not to tell anyone but he foolishly told his brothers who sold him into captivity…
“My players have the same dream as me but we are afraid to talk about it because other people will say ‘who are you to talk about that’. Because they feel that Caledonia are lesser mortals.”
Caledonia AIA start the 2007 Pro League Round 13 just one point adrift of leaders CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh but they are happy to avoid the spotlight for now. It should not be mistaken for a lack of ambition.
The “Eastern Stallions” face Petrotrin from 7 pm today at the Larry Gomes Stadium, Malabar and Shabazz is eager to use the opportunity to show the improvement of his squad.
Petrotrin, who are in joint sixth spot, personify the banana skin that prompted costly slips from Shabazz’s troops in their previous title quests. True to form, Caledonia ’s first loss this season came away to Petrotrin in Round Four of the league and Petrotrin coach Brian Williams promised that his charges will be hungry for three points this evening.
But Caledonia insist that the drive of their players, in particular, sets the class of 2007 apart from its predecessors.
“Before our players would only rise for the big games against the likes of Joe Public and Jabloteh and W. Connection,” said Shabazz. “This year, we have been able to keep that hunger and fire in the belly of our players more consistently no matter our opponent.”
For the first time, Caledonia has a full-time office and staff in place as well as board of directors in place to deal with “the challenges off the field that affects the performances on it”. And Shabazz credited the introduction of administrators like Trinidad and Tobago Olympic Committee (TTOC) general secretary Brian Lewis with helping create a more level playing field for the club.
“I always felt that if I got the chance to work with better players in a more professional environment,” said Shabazz, “we would be among the best clubs in the country. We’ve always played well but we’ve been inconsistent because we couldn’t maintain our player personnel.
“When I was arrested in Miami (for an improper passport) and saw the instability it brought the team, I realised that too much depended on me. It has been a long process for me to relinquish that total control but I realise it is bigger than me because it is about the community.”
There were adjustments within the squad too as Shabazz praised the work of Brazilian fitness coach Americo Falopa as well as a clutch of Guyanese signings. But he was particularly grateful to have signed local playmaker, Marvin Oliver, who—by virtue of six man of the match nominations—is the 2007 Pro League’s most valuable player thus far.
“He is the type of player who personifies magic,” said Shabazz. “He brings to the team the same thing that Russell Latapy and Dwight Yorke brought to Trinidad and Tobago ’s football, which is a player who belongs to the people. He is a leader and someone the people just love.
“Why he was not used in the (CONCACAF) Gold Cup team just baffles me… Somebody needs to get some glasses.”
Petrotrin tamed Oliver once before this season and Williams will attempt a repeat this evening.
“We concentrated on getting behind the ball and defending en bloc,” said Williams. “They have a lot of players who can score goals. But we have been doing well ourselves. We scored nine goals in our last two matches so we won’t be sitting back.
“We want the three points.”
Shabazz is anxious to hold on to his dream, though.
“We are keeping that dream in our hearts,” said the coach, “and, day by day, we are going to do the necessary things to realise this dream.”
Petrotrin and Caledonia ’s Pro League “big brothers” have been warned.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 07:57:17 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
Re: Caledonia maintain Pro League charge.
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2007, 07:49:14 AM »
shabbaz yuh officially mad but we still love yuh

just kep smoking whatever it iz to make yuh see stars and moon and thing and have we wining

but on a lighter note yuh aint fed -up introducing tinto late in de friggin game???
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2007, 08:15:27 AM »
De whole ah flicking Caledonia AIA from Guyana. It have no players in Morvant.... only bandits or what.....

I mean foreigners is important to de league but these signings looking bias. I am sure there is many great cheap (if so to call it) players in other Caribbean Islands. Look how Jabloteh find an excellent one in Peter Byers (Antigua).

Not that Cali doing bad as they are second in the league. But to be de coach of Guyana and then buy so much Guyanese might come under suspicion.

Its like Shabazz is killing two birds with one stone, his club is his international team.

The rule where no more than four foreigners on the field at the same time still exist allyuh ?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 08:21:45 AM by Flex »

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2007, 07:57:23 AM »
De whole ah flicking Caledonia AIA from Guyana. It have no players in Morvant.... only bandits or what.....

I mean foreigners is important to de league but these signings looking bias. I am sure there is many great cheap (if so to call it) players in other Caribbean Islands. Look how Jabloteh find an excellent one in Peter Byers (Antigua).

Not that Cali doing bad as they are second in the league. But to be de coach of Guyana and then buy so much Guyanese might come under suspicion.

Its like Shabazz is killing two birds with one stone, his club is his international team.

The rule where no more than four foreigners on the field at the same time still exist allyuh ?

lol...glad dat someone finally recognises this.....

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2007, 08:27:05 AM »

What Shabazz doing is trying to keep the core of players from Guyana national team playing together so that they would have chemistry. In essence, him being the coach of the Guyana national team and also of Caledonia AIA, the players would understand his (Shabazz) style and each others pros and cons as a footballer. So what you say about him trying to kill two birds with one stone is absolutely correct.

I think the rule with having "no more than 4 internationals" on the field at the same time still exist but not enforced. I never heard of them changing the rule.

Kingman

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2007, 08:36:56 AM »

Nice one Sam...

I wonder why are we using our T&T pro league to develop Guyana national team and footballers born in Morvant picking up bottles for a living on de Beetam.

I think the rule with having "no more than 4 internationals" on the field at the same time still exist but not enforced. I never heard of them changing the rule.

Kingman, glad you enlighten us here and Dexter Skeene is an ass in ture.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 08:40:46 AM by Flex »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2007, 08:49:43 AM »
shabbaz yuh officially mad but we still love yuh

just kep smoking whatever it iz to make yuh see stars and moon and thing and have we wining

but on a lighter note yuh aint fed -up introducing tinto late in de friggin game???

Morvant-man..... where de Morvart players gone ?

1]; } ?>