April 27, 2024, 06:21:30 PM

Author Topic: Caledonia AIA/Morvant Caledonia United Thread.  (Read 45824 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Two Guyanese internationals part ways with Caledonia.
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2007, 08:12:27 AM »
By: Randy Bando (ttporleague).

Caledonia AIA head coach Jamal Shabazz is now without two of his Guyanese internationals after the pair decided to return to their native Guyana after spending less than a year with the Pro League club.
Midfielder Shawn Bishop and forward Devon Millington are now linked with Guyanese club Alpha United FC of the Guyanese Premiere League and Guyana Football Federation Division One.
It is said that the pair had decided to quit Caledonia because of personal reasons.
Caledonia AIA team administrator Ricarda Nelson simply told ‘ttproleague.com’, “I think it was just a matter of them wanting to go home. They probably realized that their contributions to our club were very little,” she said.
Bishop a former Pele FC player in Guyana had rejoined the Morvant based Pro League club during the third round of 2006 but Millington had only been a member of Caledonia from March of this season.
Caledonia AIA’s Jamal Shabazz who is also head coach of the Guyanese national senior and U-23 squads was away on international duty with the Olympic team in Suriname when his players made their departure.
Assistant coach Jerry Moe doesn’t accept the loss of both Bishop and Millington as critical.
He told ‘ttproleague.com’, “We could get players locally of the same caliber so we’re not too worried. The transfer window is still open and we now have room on our rooster for new players,” said Moe.
However the assistant coach wasn’t open to give heads up on who his team is targeting during the window.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Two Guyanese internationals part ways with Caledonia.
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2007, 09:08:10 PM »
By: Randy Bando (ttporleague).

Caledonia AIA head coach Jamal Shabazz is now without two of his Guyanese internationals after the pair decided to return to their native Guyana after spending less than a year with the Pro League club.
Midfielder Shawn Bishop and forward Devon Millington are now linked with Guyanese club Alpha United FC of the Guyanese Premiere League and Guyana Football Federation Division One.
It is said that the pair had decided to quit Caledonia because of personal reasons.
Caledonia AIA team administrator Ricarda Nelson simply told ‘ttproleague.com’, “I think it was just a matter of them wanting to go home. They probably realized that their contributions to our club were very little,” she said.
Bishop a former Pele FC player in Guyana had rejoined the Morvant based Pro League club during the third round of 2006 but Millington had only been a member of Caledonia from March of this season.
Caledonia AIA’s Jamal Shabazz who is also head coach of the Guyanese national senior and U-23 squads was away on international duty with the Olympic team in Suriname when his players made their departure.

Assistant coach Jerry Moe doesn’t accept the loss of both Bishop and Millington as critical.
He told ‘ttproleague.com’, “We could get players locally of the same caliber so we’re not too worried. The transfer window is still open and we now have room on our rooster for new players,” said Moe.
However the assistant coach wasn’t open to give heads up on who his team is targeting during the window.

so why didnt they get local players on the same level before. when the men gone you now decide it hav locals who at their level?? ??? ???

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2007, 08:52:06 AM »
Jay? ah is probably not de only one eh, but from de time ah see dis headline, dat is all i was wondering and when de man actually say dat in de article, ah say ah. ha! yuh beat meh to it, yuh mean dey couldn't find nobody, nowhere in TnT better than dem two guyanese?!?!?
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2007, 09:59:27 AM »
Jay? ah is probably not de only one eh, but from de time ah see dis headline, dat is all i was wondering and when de man actually say dat in de article, ah say ah. ha! yuh beat meh to it, yuh mean dey couldn't find nobody, nowhere in TnT better than dem two guyanese?!?!?
        You know the mentality home is the locals eh good enough so what else, go for the foreigners,these guys come home and are paid more than our players,the thing is if we rate our players as second class players they will be second class players,there are Trinis playing all over the place and nobody talks about them unless we hear it from someone foreign,we need support/encouragement at home,nobody watches Football any more,as much as i enjoyed Touches report on the Colleges League(well done Touches),i must say without the fans there is no Football,these guys play for and because of us. 

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2007, 10:03:25 AM »
Jamal Shaabaz only interested in helping Guyana football being coach of their national team an all, this is why he have so many Guyanese players at the club, some wasn't even playing and still on the AIA roster getting paid, but when I talk Morvant man and them does get vex.....

Nothing wrong if you have to buy a few foreign players to help your team, but not the whole dam Guyanese national team.... some wasn't even good, we had Trinis 100 times better than some of them but yet they collecting a salary and training as a club and a national team at the same time....
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 10:14:40 AM by Sando »

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2007, 10:40:17 AM »
Jamal Shaabaz only interested in helping Guyana football being coach of their national team an all, this is why he have so many Guyanese players at the club, some wasn't even playing and still on the AIA roster getting paid, but when I talk Morvant man and them does get vex.....

Nothing wrong if you have to buy a few foreign players to help your team, but not the whole dam Guyanese national team.... some wasn't even good, we had Trinis 100 times better than some of them but yet they collecting a salary and training as a club and a national team at the same time....
         Well said and i agree with you but in defence of Jamaal i must say we have to understand Jamaal's position,he has given a lot to T&T Football,he carried our Women and this same Caledonia on his shoulders for years without any support from the public/administration,may be he is in a good situation in Guyana so we have to feel good for the guy,the opportunities he gets there he may not get it at home,he is just one of the two Trini Coaches that coaches a foreign country that i know off,i too would have grasped at that (man have to live).   

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 11, 2007, 01:01:03 PM »
People complaining about de foreigners in TnT football...lol

Some ah allyuh men on here is pure facking kicks oui.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 11, 2007, 07:04:06 PM »

Can you explain a little bit what you mean by that.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 11, 2007, 07:53:29 PM »

1. You would want the best players in the domestic league.  Talent elevates play...not nationality.

2. How can some of you (not saying you yuhself, maybe you did, maybe you didn't) come on here and jump fuh joy and celebrate a 'Carlos' or a 'Kenwyne' getting the opportunity to play in the Premiership...then complain about foreigners in our own league.  If we don't want foreigners in the Pro League (because they taking spot that could be filled by a Trini), then we have no right taking up some Englishman spot in de EPL.

Makes sense, no?

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 11, 2007, 08:09:25 PM »

1. You would want the best players in the domestic league.  Talent elevates play...not nationality.

2. How can some of you (not saying you yuhself, maybe you did, maybe you didn't) come on here and jump fuh joy and celebrate a 'Carlos' or a 'Kenwyne' getting the opportunity to play in the Premiership...then complain about foreigners in our own league.  If we don't want foreigners in the Pro League (because they taking spot that could be filled by a Trini), then we have no right taking up some Englishman spot in de EPL.

Makes sense, no?

well said man... I am a Cali fan and I do not like the 2 guys who went back, but in preseason and in the Digicel cup Bishop played very well, but he played along his best mate Codrington, who left for the US. Since then he appeared very unsettled and has not lived up to expectations, especially since he ended the season with Cali.... The other guy is young also but was not scoring in the league and the young players who played with trinidad U-23s were doing the Job so obviously the coach went with the guys who are performing for him.

Look at Ballack, Sheva... they all played well before going to the EPL, but are failures now.... the good thing is the coach said to them, u are here, u are foreigh, u get more money than some of the trinis... u better do your thing or I will not renew your contract and I will let u remain in the reserves until u show me u are ready....

I thought this was better that just playing them because they are getting poid, and not giving the young trinidad talent.. (who were signed as "trainees" being groomed for seasons to come...) a chance to play, since they were playing better.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 11, 2007, 10:22:27 PM »
well said man... I am a Cali fan and I do not like the 2 guys who went back, but in preseason and in the Digicel cup Bishop played very well, but he played along his best mate Codrington, who left for the US. Since then he appeared very unsettled and has not lived up to expectations, especially since he ended the season with Cali.... The other guy is young also but was not scoring in the league and the young players who played with trinidad U-23s were doing the Job so obviously the coach went with the guys who are performing for him.

Look at Ballack, Sheva... they all played well before going to the EPL, but are failures now.... the good thing is the coach said to them, u are here, u are foreigh, u get more money than some of the trinis... u better do your thing or I will not renew your contract and I will let u remain in the reserves until u show me u are ready....

I thought this was better that just playing them because they are getting poid, and not giving the young trinidad talent.. (who were signed as "trainees" being groomed for seasons to come...) a chance to play, since they were playing better.

Doh get me wrong, if they don't merit being on the team ahead of locals then I have no arguments with making them pack their bags.  I also wouldn't sit here and say "we need to import foreigners into the PFL in order to make it better".  What I would support wholeheartedly is the PFL getting the best talent available...God-willing that would be Trinbagonian talent, but if better Brazilian, African or Caribbean footballers are available, I say bring them in and help the league benefit.

I posted what I did above because I recall somebody on here saying (when the two South Americans were sent packing at another club, cyah remember which), "I doh even see why we have tuh have dem on de team in de first place...yuh telling me we cyah find somebody in Trinidad tuh put in goal?"

I just find that kind ah xenophobic attitude so ridiculous as to be almost funny.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 12, 2007, 01:45:08 AM »

I'm sure the Guyanese players were in the team because they were cheaper than the local players.
And I'm also pretty sure they realised they were being exploited.
This is not the first time this has happened.
So yes they might find local players as good but not for the same money.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 12, 2007, 02:03:13 AM »

I'm sure the Guyanese players were in the team because they were cheaper than the local players.
there is a debate over in England talking about the same thing.
English players more expensive than imports. so is a universal thing.
and the agents exploiting them also taking bungs.
Just ask Carlos, as his agent is implicated. If it was done in a transparent way, some of that Money that could also go to the player. Just thinking, maybe some players are aware as they want to play for a better club.
Disclaimer: I just noticed no source was given by kentsoulman for the info in my link. ;)
addendum: I have found the source here
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 03:00:42 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 12, 2007, 07:02:53 AM »

...and there's is absolutely nothing wrong with finding talent that's "just as good" for cheap. 

Why you think European coaches are heating up the scouting trail in TnT and other parts of the Caribbean...because de Darryl Roberts and de Hylands and Peltiers have talent that the coaches cyah find over in Europe?  If clubs want to underspend money then at the end of the day they'll realize that you get what you pay for...especially if the higher skilled Trini player goes on to play for another pro team (and if he really talented that is exactly what we should expect will happen) and then come back and rest three on dem when next he play dem.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 12, 2007, 07:12:50 AM »

...and there's is absolutely nothing wrong with finding talent that's "just as good" for cheap. 

Why you think European coaches are heating up the scouting trail in TnT and other parts of the Caribbean...because de Darryl Roberts and de Hylands and Peltiers have talent that the coaches cyah find over in Europe?  If clubs want to underspend money then at the end of the day they'll realize that you get what you pay for...especially if the higher skilled Trini player goes on to play for another pro team (and if he really talented that is exactly what we should expect will happen) and then come back and rest three on dem when next he play dem.

Each man have his own choices to make , if the Guyanese felt that they were better off going home , then that's their choice, if they felt the money is good enuff to stay then that's their choice also.
It still doh mean they may not have been exploited either way.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2007, 10:15:40 AM »

Makes sense, no?
         Yes talent elevates play but play elevates players,who are the players it's elevating when the league is flooded with foreigners and then we complain we have not players,in England they are complaining about the same thing,they might have the best league in the world but they struggleing as a national team for players,it might be good for the quality of your league but where your players are concerned i don't agree,there are pros and cons of everything is what you want,the thing is they bringing all these guys here and people don't go to see Football.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2007, 10:31:16 AM »
There is other cheap players all over the Caribbean too and not just Guyana. As I said Shabaaz is the head coach of Guyana and only have interest there as he can kill two birds with one stone, train his Guyanese national team and Club team at the same time. Good strategy indeed. In 1 year time Guyana should have a pretty decent national team as they did in the Digicel Cup.

Joe Public just release 2 Guyanese players (Kayode Mc Kinnon and Carey Harris) look for Caledonia to pick them up.... Simple, release the weaker two and buy the stronger two while your Guyanese team at Caledonia gets stronger.

Jamal Shabaaz is a thinker !!! to bad he couldn't think about the women team so while he was coach....

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2007, 11:02:09 AM »

Are you serious?T&T have more highly skilled players than over in Europe?when our players leave here they are worked on and refined into the players they end up to be,that's why if they stay at home it can't happen,it happen to all of them including Yorke.

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 16, 2007, 12:31:51 PM »
There is other cheap players all over the Caribbean too and not just Guyana. As I said Shabaaz is the head coach of Guyana and only have interest there as he can kill two birds with one stone, train his Guyanese national team and Club team at the same time. Good strategy indeed. In 1 year time Guyana should have a pretty decent national team as they did in the Digicel Cup.

Joe Public just release 2 Guyanese players (Kayode Mc Kinnon and Carey Harris) look for Caledonia to pick them up.... Simple, release the weaker two and buy the stronger two while your Guyanese team at Caledonia gets stronger.

Jamal Shabaaz is a thinker !!! to bad he couldn't think about the women team so while he was coach....

U know I find that to be a really misinformed statement... then I guess he is also responsible for the 4 or 5 Guyanese that started the league with Joe Public (i think one get fired)... the 2 or 3 at NE stars, the 4 that started with Tobago united and the 2 they brought in after the U-23 qualifiers, the 1 at petrotrin???? there are soo many Guyanese in the league right now it aint funny..... so I guess U will say W Connection interested in Brazil das y dey ha so many Brazilians playing wid dem?? or Roy Keane interested in Trinidad so he signed 4 in less than a yr???

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #79 on: September 16, 2007, 01:48:02 PM »
Coaches work with their strenghts.

When NE Stars had a Guy. Coach, he bring enough Guyanese over and had success.

Back in the day. Doc Kewallah's had a Guyanese Coach who was based in Colombia. He hired some Colombians and Guyanese.

No Coach is going to use a player that cant' cut it.

If they can get some good cheap talent, they use it. Sometimes things dont' work out and it's bye bye.

Maybe that's why Sancho get overs.

If I had a pro club, i would have no prob. scoutin the C'bbn for foreign talent. How many Greys, JOnes or Scotlands you going to find right away, especially with 7 other clubs that have the same idea.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 16, 2007, 02:12:43 PM »
         Yes talent elevates play but play elevates players,who are the players it's elevating when the league is flooded with foreigners and then we complain we have not players,in England they are complaining about the same thing,they might have the best league in the world but they struggleing as a national team for players,it might be good for the quality of your league but where your players are concerned i don't agree,there are pros and cons of everything is what you want,the thing is they bringing all these guys here and people don't go to see Football.
England is a poor example to use if it is that you're arguing that foreigners in the domestic league takes away from the quality of the TnT national team.  English players almost exclusively ply their trade in England...local players aren' t that dependent on the PFL since many National team members ply their trade abroad.  Not saying that there is no detriment whatsoever to local talent...but it not that severe that we need to start complaining about the presence of foreign players.  What sense is there if you have good local players playing alongside poor or mediocre local talent?  How is that supposed to aid their development?  Let the best players play and the rest will take care of itself.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 16, 2007, 02:16:35 PM »

Are you serious?T&T have more highly skilled players than over in Europe?when our players leave here they are worked on and refined into the players they end up to be,that's why if they stay at home it can't happen,it happen to all of them including Yorke.

Where on earth did I ever say that Trinidad has more "highly skilled" players than in Europe?  I seriously have to question the reading comprehension of some ah allyuh on dis board oui. Here is my statement again?

Why you think European coaches are heating up the scouting trail in TnT and other parts of the Caribbean...because de Darryl Roberts and de Hylands and Peltiers have talent that the coaches cyah find over in Europe?

Notice the big question mark at the end?  That should have been your first cue that I was actually arguing opposite to what you concluded.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 17, 2007, 04:12:55 PM »
stupesssssssss
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Codrington ditches Caledonia
« Reply #83 on: November 10, 2008, 05:51:20 AM »
Codrington ditches Caledonia
Trinidad & Tobago Express

Guyanese forward Nigel Codrington is no longer with the Morvant based Neal and Massy Caledonia AIA after walking out on the club just over one month ago.

A report from the TT Pro League website (ttproleague.com) said a source close to the player explained that Codrington is currently uncertain as to his decision to continue his profession as a player and decided to head back to his homeland when he left Caledonia in October. According to the source, Codrington's current whereabouts are uncertain.

At the time of the player's walkout, Caledonia AIA Technical Director and Guyana national team head coach Jamaal Shabazz denied any fall-out with the player and said that Codrington returned to his homeland during the break in the League. But up until now, the Guyanese player is still missing in action.

Now it seems certain that Codrington has decided to hang up his boots, as the 27 year old player is also absent from the current Guyanese national team in Trinidad for the Digicel Caribbean Championship Group H stage. Codrington, the 'Stallions' top goal scorer in 2007, has 11 League goals, seven less than leader Devon Jorsling of Defence Force thus far this season.

However Codrington's 2008 season has been bleak, as he has scored one goal in his last nine League appearances for the 'Morvant Stallions' which could have played part in the player's decision to rethink his career. His last goal came against United Petrotrin in a 3-1 win in round three. Before that, a goal against Ma Pau SC in a 3-2 win for the Stallions in Round Two was the last time he scored.

Caledonia AIA coach Jerry Moe preferred not to comment on the whereabouts of the player when quizzed. Caledonia are third on the League standings with 34 points, 19 off leaders CLICO San Juan Jabloteh and 15 behind second placed W Connection.

However the Stallions' third position is in jeopardy with fourth placed Joe Public two points behind with two matches in hand.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
Re: Codrington ditches Caledonia
« Reply #84 on: November 10, 2008, 06:38:57 AM »
good balsted riddance......that codri was a throw way and offside champion

is better we put velox and conrad up top that way the middle go be free for bleeder and david to lock it down

tinto on one side and tiny or abdullah on the next and a nice guyaneese back 4 yuh cyar go wrong

:beermug:
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
Re: Codrington ditches Caledonia
« Reply #85 on: November 10, 2008, 07:35:16 AM »
let he stay they

blasted loafer, now i want to see conrad loose ah little weight and start to strike
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Caledonia AIA strive to unite Morvant/Laventille
« Reply #86 on: April 03, 2009, 06:23:35 PM »
Caledonia AIA strive to unite Morvant/Laventille
By Randy Bando (ttproleague.com)

While many people are shunning Morvant and Laventille, Defending FA Trophy champions Caledonia AIA are eager to add the troubled community's name to their identity.

For the 2009 season the club would be called Caledonia AIA of Morvant Laventille according to Head Coach Jamaal Shabazz.

"We are proud to represent the people of Morvant/Laventille and eager to bring back that communal spirit to a community that has been devasted by ignorance, gang wars and crime," stated Shabazz, also recognized as a community activist.

Shabazz hinted that plans are afoot to have the team renamed after the two communites in the coming seasons.

"While we want to win trophies this year, our main aim is to win hearts and get the people of Morvant and Laventille to rally to  this team and call it their own.

"We have a lot of work to do in these communities and many of us in Caledonia AIA have made this a life long dedication.

"The borderline violence must stop, the people in Vegas must be able to support the team with the people in Doratha street and those in Coconut Drive must be able to mingle at the games with those from Mon Repos.

"Caledonia AIA of Morvant Laventille must eventually become a Morvant Laventille United and it must not be a superficial unity", insisted Shabazz.

Sharing this vision is none other than national football icon Russell Latapy who is very eager to start a Youth Academy in partnership with the Caledonia AIA in the Morvant/Laventille community.

Latapy and Shabazz has started their work in the community and has had several meetings with community leaders seeking assurances for the young people of various districts to forget the borderline and all come to the various venues to embrace the Academy concept.

But two main players who have embraced the effort are corporate giants Neal & Massy and NLCB.

"We have had a long history with NLCB and Neal & Massy though they have never made a big hullabaloo they have always supported our work in the community, stated Shabazz.

"For 2009 and beyond both NLCB and Neal & Massy have given us a firm committment not just to assist our Pro league efforts but to help us move the club to another level. When corporate entities come together like this it gives you tremendous encouragement and energy to tackle the problems facing our community, stated Shabazz.

"The role of the Sports Company has also been crucial, without their help clubs like St. Ann's Rangers, Tobago and ourselves will be defunct today," added Shabazz who has given up the Guyana National team to focus wholly on T&T football.

While he agrees its still to early to guage, Shabazz is confident that Caledonia AIA of Morvant Laventille will win through in quelling the borderline violence within the community.

"The battle will be long and hard and it will weigh heavy on us but we are seeing signs that the youths are responding. We have players from Mon Repos, Coconut Drive, Vegas, Saw Mille Avenue, Chinapoo, Beverly Hills and even Trou Macaque training together and interacting again.

" Kids are excited about Russell Latapy and they want to play football and live their dreams. Badness out of style," insisted Shabazz, echoing T&T reggae artist Mr. King's now famous song "Badness Out of Style."

"We aim to strike that balance between focusing on winning trophies and using the passion of football to rebuild our community, he ended.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Caledonia AIA strive to unite Morvant/Laventille
« Reply #87 on: April 03, 2009, 06:51:31 PM »
This is great to hear man! Football and sports can have such a positive impact on people's minds, and help to shift their time away from negative things. KUDOS to Caledonia AIA of Morvant/Laventille!! ;D

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Caledonia AIA strive to unite Morvant/Laventille
« Reply #88 on: April 03, 2009, 07:54:25 PM »
They should not drop the AIA name. That is a unique name. AIA of Morvant/Laventille.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Keon Daniel joins Caledonia AIA
« Reply #89 on: May 11, 2009, 02:37:45 PM »
Written by Randy Bando
From TTproleague.com

Keon Daniel joins Caledonia on one year deal

Trinidad and Tobago international and former United Petrotrin midfielder Keon Daniel has been picked-up on a one year deal at Caledonia AIA of Morvant Laventille.

Caledonia head coach Jamaal Shabazz confirmed the 22 year old midfield talent with the Morvant Laventille squad.

“We are happy to have him (Daniel). This is possible thanks to our sponsors Neal and Massy and NLCB (National Lotteries Control Board),” said Shabazz.

“He is a player anyone will like to have in their squad and we are more than delighted to add him to our squad.”

Daniel a product of the Bertille St Clair Coaching School has been on loan with United Petrotrin for the 2006, 2007 and 2008 seasons. But in 2009 the free agent has began training with Caledonia and will be available to play against Ma Pau SC next week Tuesday in Round One Match Day Three.

Shabazz’s troops will be on a bye this Tuesday 12 in Match Day Two and will have to wait until next week Tuesday to try and recover from their Match Day One 3-2 loss against Joe Public.

In other club news, midfielder Kerwyn Jemmott is expected to feature for the reserves on Thursday against W Connection Reserves from 5pm at the Larry Gomes Stadium.

“He (Jemmott) has been training with us during pre-season and is looking to be coming along well. He is still behind match fitness to feature for the Pro team but we are certain he will get there. This week he will feature for the Reserves in efforts to get match fit,” explained Shabazz.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 02:40:29 PM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

1]; } ?>