April 27, 2024, 10:01:40 PM

Author Topic: The TT Pro League  (Read 1934 times)

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The TT Pro League
« on: May 13, 2005, 08:05:55 PM »
 My view is that The Pro Leauge is taking football away from the communities. With all matches being held at the 5 stadia, many people , not even diehard football fans are going out to watch the games .( the openning game between W connection and North east Only had a handful of people).

To be honest, they are the only quality pitches we have , but upgrades to some of the pitches which are locates in close proximity to communities will be a better option in the long run. For example , if W Connection held a game at their training base at Gilbert Park, I am certain the crowd will be much greater . Even the minor leauges have a higher crowd turnout. Why? Because of the location!

But this is just my opinion what do you guys think?

The Leauge should concentrate on creating good fan bases now, because the fotball is of a good standard.There is nt even a TV programme focusing on the Leauge.!!

Finally, I think that the Concacaf Club Championship should be scrapped, and a draft taken from the running of the Ueafa Champion's Leauge.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The TT Pro League
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2005, 08:48:50 PM »
Dem bush league pitch like up in Macqueripe where monkey teefing ball and all kinda thing have to stop. Man go break dey foot dey on dem crater pitch. Welcome to de modern football life where concessions and advertising keep de books away from red ink. It have odder league too is not like de small man go starve fuh football.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2005, 09:06:54 PM »
Andre Baptiste and Ken Butcher say it was quite a large crowd at de Connection v NE Stars game tonight....

were u there at de game?  :-\
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2005, 09:23:19 PM »
i meant the openning game of the league. i was there ::)

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2005, 10:02:52 PM »

I doh think it have to be an either or situation.
Yuh cah expect the better players to play on anything less than our best grounds.

Maybe the lower divisions could focus more on the communities in terms of where they play.  Forming links between the Pro League teams and community teams would be a good step for some more clubs.  Colllaboration with use of resources, coach and player development, marketing strategies/initiatives and getting the relevant support to upgrade/maintain grounds(local governments???).

Ideally we would have good support and participation in football at all levels....locations.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2005, 08:06:35 PM »
Any time football is free you will get a crowd where ever it is,this is one of the main complaints of football fans in T&T,the small man can't afford to pay to go and see football.   

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2005, 08:44:47 PM »
monkey thiefing ball, Savannah allyuh fellas real good yes....
Warren N. Boucaud

1]; } ?>