April 27, 2024, 11:06:44 PM

Author Topic: De Players Dat Should Go 2 De World Cup?  (Read 31784 times)

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Name your 23 squad for Germany
« Reply #120 on: January 05, 2006, 07:52:36 AM »
zamora really make de team.. wheeys
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
Re: The 23 who could go to Germany
« Reply #121 on: January 05, 2006, 11:13:43 AM »
Now Jack said they are putting a case forward for J. Samuel and Zamora, Seabra/Warner. Does FIFA take so long to respond to such a request. Any news yet.

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 05, 2006, 12:06:07 PM »
dreamer i like the team that u proposed... ;D

Offline SHABBA

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 05, 2006, 03:35:54 PM »
Big up all the soca warrirors!

:)

Interesting to see so many of you miss out on Colin Samuel with the squad selections. Maybe going on past form over the last couple of years he's not best, but on current form he's playing great.

I've been watching him regular over past few years in Dundee at united and it's only this season that he's playing with fire in his belly. He's looking stronger, sharper more hungry than I've ever seen him. Had a really slow start to his career at United, but now he's using his pace, strength and ability to their best, and really is standing out in most games for united in the SPL, also scoring more regular now too. This maybe isn't highlighted over in Trinidad? Even against Rangers on Saturday when we lost 3-0, it was only when he went off injured that the game changed for the worse. If he keeps up the way he playing just now it'd be hard not to select I reckons?!

I'm dundee united/scotland follower myself. But I'm interested in the T&T team, not jus cause you playing England, but cause you've always had so many players over in Scotland. Dundee United have had in the past Nixon(what a legend!), Latapy (briefly), Scotland & Samuel in our team past decade. And Tony Rougier once came to the church I was at, at the time. Top bloke!

Good luck in Germany! Not long to go now, I bet you're all absolutely buzzing!

PEACE!

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 05, 2006, 04:29:44 PM »
Anybody who naming players in the team who eh even sure to be eligible have to be nuts. Suppose Zamora and Jlloyd come to play a practice game and start to pull rank like primadonnas. I need to see how dem fellas gel with the team first.

Offline Rymizx

• Full Warrior
  • It's a small world ! - No Really...
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 08, 2006, 02:16:08 PM »
I suprised thant none ah Jack's sons ent make the team....
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Calling all the football Pundits: name the Final 23 going to Germany
« Reply #126 on: March 01, 2006, 10:37:24 PM »
Okok here it is let's see who will have the  most accurate listing of the final 28 SOCA WARRIORS going to Germany!!!

Leh we see if we could  predict the master Beenie squad.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
Re: Calling all the football Pundits: name the Final 23 going to Germany
« Reply #127 on: March 02, 2006, 06:38:17 AM »
You put 23 in the title but 28 in your post...but I sticking with the 23
This is based on a 4-4-1-1

3 GK - Jack, Shaka, Warner (Ince fallout with Beenie and he doesn't seem forgiving)
2 RB- Gray, Atiba Charles
2 LB- Avery John, Ian Cox (Jlloyd if the FIFA ruling get thru since they still pursuing it)
4 CB- Dog, Tallest, Sancho, Noreiga
4 CM- Birchall, Whitley, Spann,
2 RM - Carlos, Shakes
2 LM- Samuel, ???
2 AM- Yorke, Latas
2 ST- Stern, Kenwyne

That left side spot...I haven;t seen enough of Neaves to see if Beenie will call him back but if he not up to par, I feel he will keep Scotland so he could switch to a 4-3-3.

I hope Glen or Hecor Sam do enough to make it though...but with a 28 being picked in a few weeks that seems impossible.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Calling all the football Pundits: name the Final 23 going to Germany
« Reply #128 on: March 02, 2006, 06:48:10 AM »
I hope Glen or Hecor Sam do enough to make it though...but with a 28 being picked in a few weeks that seems impossible.

Glen made Beenie's squad of 21 for the Bahrain game, so he will make the preliminary squad of 28 for the world cup for sure

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Beenie's World Cup squad (23) and pre-World Cup squad (28)
« Reply #129 on: March 02, 2006, 01:11:27 PM »
After the World Cup qualifiers, Trinidad camp, South Florida camp and Iceland friendly, Beenie seems to have seen (and quite rightly so) all that he has to. He seems to have addressed his burning concerns about left sided options/ extra wing-defenses/team balance by enough experiments in the Iceland game and Florida camp and was glad to have a 2 goal cushion in the Iceland game to afford a potentially costly experiment. He may have made a subtle reordering of his bound-to-go-to Germany players and adjusted his likely-to-go players. I am trying to figure who are those few unfamiliar hard-to-figure-out players that are completing the 28 which will be trimmed to 23. 

Don't be fooled by who was selected for the last game. Omissions from this last selection are actually are a good sign for some players whose spots are fairly secure, with Beenie having seen enough of them. Most of these players that we are seing are selected but a few are not sure if they are in the final 23 or just on the verge in the final 28 or seen as unable to cut it period.

There are several more friendlies to go but more time will be spent honing final team tactics rather than agonizing who can be selected.

Concerns may have been: 1. A need for extra wing backs to help Grey and John. 2. A need for wing backs who can ATTACK WELL and CROSS on the wing. 3. A need for left sided/ left footed  midfielders/strikers to put more variety and less predictability in our attack. 4. A need for more bench depth in case of an injury just before the World cup and injury/yellow or red cards during the World Cup. 5. Stanbys for hard-luck injuries to crucial strikers just before World Cup games. 6. Keep enough pressure on the 3 keepers by having 4, so serving as competition and as a standby for injuries

Guaranteed to go at this point: 17 (in bold)...see team below

Likely to go at this point:          5 (Cox, Glenn, Rougier,Theobald and 1 wing back(?Henry vs Other))

Up for grabs for final 23:           1  Extra wing-back Henry vs Other. (Total now 23)

Standbys for pre-World Cup 28:  5 ( Two defenders, 1 midfielder, 1 striker, 1 keeper) as follows:     
                                                Atiba vs other, Henry vs other, Baptiste, Ince vs Warner again,
                                                Glasgow vs Mc Farlane vs Sealy. (Total now 28)

Players for future campaigns:       (Shakes, Neaves, Rahim, Warner, Noriega, Henry etc)

So here we go. Visualizing them on the field in a 4-5-1, say: (I feel Ince will pip Warner). Remember bold means guaranteed pick

Shaka, Jack, Ince

Andrews, Cox      Lawrence, Sancho

Grey, Rougier                                          John, ?Henry

Spann, Birchall               Whitley

Carlos                 Latas, Yorke, Theobald          Samuel

Stern, Jones, Scotland, Glenn          (Total 23)

Standbys: Warner, Baptiste, Probably Glasgow vs Sealy, ?Atiba, ? Other defender   (Total 28)

Tell me what allyuh fellas think.

Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

TrinInfinite

Re: Beenie's World Cup squad (23) and pre-World Cup squad (28)
« Reply #130 on: March 02, 2006, 01:33:02 PM »
very good analysis but beenie still hasnt seen 6 or 7 players yet that are local which can fill some of our voids but he has decided to look only to europe and the uk instead of locally

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 02, 2006, 01:35:08 PM »
Good analysis
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 02, 2006, 02:04:21 PM »
Why Warner over ince though?

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 02, 2006, 02:10:48 PM »
ah think wid Beenie system he not going to use Glenn upfront...he either playin on de left wing or right wing....as far as Sancho...time ticking and it eh looking to good....if yuh check it out he was injured for awhile and den he has been sitting on de bench for some months now.....ah really hope tings work out for him though....but yuh on point wid de udder picks rijsnberger  ;D :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 02, 2006, 02:15:11 PM »
Dreamer wha going on with the strike squad videos?
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #135 on: March 02, 2006, 04:03:22 PM »
Things really not looking good for Sancho cause Beenie like players who been playing regularly.  It would be such a shame.

When was the last time he play a game for club or country?

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 02, 2006, 04:11:53 PM »
why warner over ince? because he is playing premiership football, while Ince on the bench at is club...plus maybe past actions may count against him

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 02, 2006, 04:14:57 PM »
very good analysis but beenie still hasnt seen 6 or 7 players yet that are local which can fill some of our voids but he has decided to look only to europe and the uk instead of locally

Lemme take a wild guess..two of them are Hardest and Dwarika.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 02, 2006, 04:44:24 PM »
TI with that rubbish again?  After all those months and scouting home and abroad, Beenie has not seen 6 or 7 who could make the team?  Then those six or seven wasn't playing and therefore don't deserve to go anyway.  Enough is enough.  Time to settle the team and start plannin strategy.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 02, 2006, 07:09:42 PM »
good post.

I not too sure Samuel is a sure pick yet though. I remember he had a good game in the Gold cup and come next game he was not performing. If he play good next game his spot will be cemented. I also think his game has come on. His ball control and dribbling was good. He was whipping in some nice crosses. Undoubtedly he put a question in Beenie mind. Now he need to confirm the answer.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 02, 2006, 07:14:21 PM »
TI with that rubbish again? After all those months and scouting home and abroad, Beenie has not seen 6 or 7 who could make the team? Then those six or seven wasn't playing and therefore don't deserve to go anyway. Enough is enough. Time to settle the team and start plannin strategy.

ent??? ;D ;D  TI ent easy nah

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 02, 2006, 07:20:04 PM »
under all de kicks....i really wish hardest was on this team....but this is mordern day international football with a truly world class coach.....and don leo not taking no shit.....hard luck hardest.....what a sad sad situation....great talent....but that is never all.....god bless
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Benjie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 02, 2006, 07:23:32 PM »
One question what is the situation with Corey Rivers? Was the first choice right-back until he got injured and haven't seen him on the team since. He is the only player I would say should be revisited.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 02, 2006, 08:23:49 PM »
Well here is my 28, with next five in parenthesis likely omitted from th final 23 to the WC

Goalies: Shaka, Ince, Jack(Warner)

Defenders: Gray, Andrews, Lawrence, John, Henry, Sancho, Cox, (Noriega)

MIdfield: Edwards, Birchall, Whitley, Yorke, Samuel, Latapy, Theobald, Spann, Shakes, (Rahim,

Strikers: John, Jones, Scotland, Glen (Sealy, Neaves)

Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 02, 2006, 08:51:44 PM »
I could be wrong but I don't think that Beenie is looking at Rougier as a back-up to Gray in the right back position, otherwise I think he would have tried him out there in Miami?  More likely the back up is Atiba or Spann can also play a make shift role like before.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 02, 2006, 11:34:26 PM »
Thanks for the replies fellas,

To FF, I gave the Strike Squad video digitization issue a rest for Carnival.

To arrow, It's true that Beenie did not use Rougier as right back and that's a bit disturbing.

To rippin, Yeah Beenie will look at samuel again but he knows that what he saw tuesday was no flook

To duscam, I believe Ince will be picked over Warner. Warner showed sloppy skill and preparation on 3 occasions in dealing with backpasses. He will have a chance to prove more later and I believe Ince will be given a full run in the next game before he gets a persecution complex.

To Mr Mc, Don't worry about Sancho. Sancho has proven his worth to Beenie already and Beenie sees him as a true warrior.

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 03, 2006, 01:27:12 AM »
I would be very surprised if Rougier and Theobald make de final 23.  Rougier doesn't have the speed to play right wing back and Theobald is too soft.  To me Theobald looks like another Brent rahim in the making.  hopefully i'm wrong.  I think Sealy or Shakes will make de final 23 before Rougier or Theobald.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 03, 2006, 09:31:48 AM »
I would be very surprised if Rougier and Theobald make de final 23.  Rougier doesn't have the speed to play right wing back and Theobald is too soft.  To me Theobald looks like another Brent rahim in the making.  hopefully i'm wrong.  I think Sealy or Shakes will make de final 23 before Rougier or Theobald.

I share your concerns about Theobald but I feel he might be the LAST midfielder to just squeeze in and is being groomed by Latas for a bigger role in the future.

Offline Gladman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 03, 2006, 10:28:30 AM »
That basically is the squad to be selected but ah not feelin Cox should make the trip.He haan't performed well to deserve that selection.
Life Is Like Sugar Cane,It Hard But Sweet

Offline shooter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 03, 2006, 11:00:38 AM »

I share your concerns about Theobald but I feel he might be the LAST midfielder to just squeeze in and is being groomed by Latas for a bigger role in the future.
remember ronaldo in 94 .....kaka  in 2oo2 they did not go on the field but was there...what kind of ballers are they today...ronldo did well in 98 and 2oo2 .....kaka is most likely to do well n germany....

1]; } ?>