April 25, 2024, 10:50:35 AM

Author Topic: Anybody on the board actually still IN Trinidad?  (Read 5335 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Anybody on the board actually still IN Trinidad?
« on: March 26, 2006, 11:45:25 PM »
Seems like half de country fly out, anybody still in TnT, come thru wid de neighborhood check-in...

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
Re: Anybody on the board actually still IN Trinidad?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 12:01:12 AM »
But what trouble is this in here ?

How allyuh singing so.

First it was TrueTrini aka Lionel Richie
Now you WestCoast hitting ah Tony Bennett

Who next ?

Which one ah allyuh doing ah Barry White, or Ron Isley ?
Lemme know one time, so I could organize meh bottle ah Red and get this mute boytoy ready to do meh pedicure.

dial 1-800-pumpum

Lemme see, Womb, St. Augustine, Curepe, St Anns, <-------Had clothes in each house
Umm if ya spend 4 days on dey Queens Park Savannah Stage annually, that could be considered living too right ?  :beermug:
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 12:11:49 AM by TriniCana »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 12:02:12 AM »
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
as Tony Bennet sings, I left my heart in "San Fernando" ;D ;D

I LEFT MY HEART IN SAN Fernando (Tony Bennett)

The loveliness of Paris
Seems somehow sadly gay
The glory that was Rome
Is of another day
I've been terribly alone
And forgotten in Manhattan
I'm going home to my city by the bay.

I left my heart in San Fernando
High on a hill, it calls to me.
To be where little cable cars
Climb halfway to the stars!
The morning fog may chill the air
I don't care!
My love waits there in San Fernando
Above the blue and windy sea
When I come home to you, San Fernando,
Your golden sun will shine for me!

very sorry tony  :angel: :angel:

East man here...Valencia and Arima, but ent been back to TnT in ah while...doh  :-[

Soon change...soon change...

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 12:04:30 AM »
6 friends kidnapped in the last two years, many others I knew, but I still here....

It's my home, can't leave just so.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2006, 12:07:41 AM »
6 friends kidnapped in the last two years, many others I knew, but I still here....

Wow...sorry to hear dat dey pardna, one immediate assumption comes to mind when you say dat, but I'll leave dat alone.  Disappointing to hear all the same, blessings and guidance to you and yours.

What part ah Trini yuh reppin'?

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2006, 12:08:46 AM »
San Diego Park, Diego

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2006, 12:09:08 AM »

6 ?

R45, what dey jail ?
I know why R45..... remain poor brudah...safer dat way it seems
but sorry to hear that tho.

I won't wish that on any parent

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2006, 12:14:34 AM »

6 ?

R45, what dey jail ?

...on ANYBODY, parent or no parent...fuh real. Juss watch yuhself boss....madness!

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2006, 12:15:30 AM »
6 ?

R45, what dey jail ?

Unfortunately that is the case. I'm not rich, but my parents own a business, and one always assumes...

Kidnapping, IMO, is worse than murder (in terms of emotional impace). The pain in it is that the kidnappers make you feel as you control the health of your loved one while they're held, and although you don't want to give in to them, what choice do you have? The people that doing it here are serious about it, they'll grab you on a thursday/friday, leave you the whole weekend to worry and doubt yourself, and ready to negotiate on monday when banks open..

One of my friends, who got held for about 6 days, blindfolded the whole time.. didn't sleep or eat about a year ago still has trouble sleeping at nights today, had to take a year off uni cause of it.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 12:23:10 AM by R45 »

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2006, 12:22:28 AM »
Ya know R45 you have me thinking about your statement.
"What would I do if my child, friend, family member were to be kidnapped"
Up to now I have no clue

Question
Is there information on what to do if a family member is kidnapped ? Like procedures?

Now doh tell me contact dey FORCES, cause to me dem will kill ya member faster....
Doh goh and google meh question.  I want to know if there are procedures of people in Trinidad and Tobago

Bake N Shark sorry for crossing ya question but R45 have me thinking here

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2006, 12:27:18 AM »
Question
Is there information on what to do if a family member is kidnapped ? Like procedures?

Now doh tell me contact dey FORCES, cause to me dem will kill ya member faster....
Doh goh and google meh question.  I want to know if there are procedures of people in Trinidad and Tobago
Some people contact the AKS, some don't. There are quite a few of them that go unreported in the press, once you contact the AKS it's going to hit the papers, because reporters pay AKS officers as little as $100 for info (And the press, like f'ing idiots, print sensational bull like listing all the business' the family owns... and even inflate the list just to make the headlines more catchy).

You usually do the negotiation yourself, put someone to the task. The AKS does help, depending on who you get working the case, some officers show more interest than others. You also have people from the T&T Chamber of Commerce and DOMA that come and council you.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2006, 12:34:59 AM »

Bake N Shark sorry for crossing ya question but R45 have me thinking here

Nah...no scenes, I just put the post up to get an idea on which/how many members still in TnT, but I like that some deeper value (therapeutic, informative...) may come of it.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2006, 12:36:16 AM »
Question

Some people contact the AKS, some don't. There are quite a few of them that go unreported in the press, once you contact the AKS it's going to hit the papers, because reporters pay AKS officers as little as $100 for info (And the press, like f'ing idiots, print sensational bull like listing all the business' the family owns... and even inflate the list just to make the headlines more catchy).

You usually do the negotiation yourself, put someone to the task. The AKS does help, depending on who you get working the case, some officers show more interest than others. You also have people from the T&T Chamber of Commerce and DOMA that come and council you.

Thanks man :beermug:

To me it doh sounds like enough, but what ya could do in a situation like that but pray eh
And you know suprisingly during the Carnival season, not one kidnapping reported. But as soon as Ash Thursday reach. BAM
Sorry if it have any reporters in here but, sometimes I wish a family member get ah mad vibe and buss allyuh flipping face sometimes.

R45 I totally agree with your statement ie the Media makes it worst.
I remembered when my bosses son got kidnapped...before he could even call his wife, 3 reporters by the front door looking for information. All how he told them 'no comment' is the more questions they asked. Yes, I know it is a job, but oh shit man. Is the same frigging news in 4 hours. Wait give the man breeze ya know.  stups

okay i starting to get vex... i done
R45 thanks again
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 12:42:34 AM by TriniCana »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2006, 12:37:43 AM »

Yuh planning on needing counseling?

lol..

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2006, 12:45:24 AM »

Yuh planning on needing counseling?

lol..

Me ?

No luv I different
It's good to know people from dey hill and on dey beetham and who know dey bush well.
Just say "allyuh meet meh infront dey rum shop with ya torch light and whatever else ya could bring"

Datz all I hafta say.  :beermug:

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2006, 12:53:41 AM »
R45 I totally agree with your statement ie the Media makes it worst.
I remembered when my bosses son got kidnapped...before he could even call his wife, 3 reporters by the front door looking for information. All how he told them 'no comment' is the more questions they asked. Yes, I know it is a job, but oh shit man. Is the same frigging news in 4 hours. Wait give the man breeze ya know.  stups
T&T's media is totally insensitive with the issue. And the thing is, they KNOW what they're doing can have a negative effect on the negotiation process. I say this because, when Justin got kidnapped (QPCC Cricketer, sure he must be Jefferz pardner), with his mother being an editor in the Guardian, NO newspaper listed his father's company name in any report. They had the sensitivity when it was one of their own. But for everyone else, they'll list the company names, hell addresses if they have it. I remember the newsday had one of my friend's father as being a co-founder of the Royal Castle franchise (which was pulled out of thin air) and I was told that the kidnap negotiators questioned the family about it after hearing it in the press... another case was a father being an insurance salesman (the man was real humble, trust me) yet on the radio "Son of TOP Executive insurance agent"... them news writers should be arrested as well..
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 01:02:29 AM by R45 »

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2006, 02:03:30 AM »
God forbidd

But long time saying " is only when something happn to ah relative of dey prime minister den ya does see action"...those use to be the days.

Strangely enough when they kidnapped and kill Rahael nephew (good friend of mine) still nothing ain't happen.
It is that the politicians have no frigging clue where to start with dealing with the crime or dey just doh give ah rat's ass
It blasted blant in dey faces every morning when they open the news paper or is it that dey reading dey comic strip, how much dey foreign currency is or woman's magazine ?

The Commissioner of Police how he name, over and over again he saying the crime rate has deceased. Which country he working in ?
London police want to give ah hand, he vex saying his men could handle the situation and they don't need outsiders

But he ain't realized is HE same MEN doing this shit or getting piece of the ransom money
Look at them soldiers who kidnapped some Trini American Vet dey other day....actually I think they killed dey man (confirm for me please)

So the bottom line is.... who protecting me from dey FORCES ?

Ah know somebody coming to rise meh pressure and tell me NOT ALL dey forces like that...it have good ones
But who ever you are, dem good ones almost bad no ass or dey just as scared as dey rest of us.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2006, 02:07:01 AM »
oh gorm i think we take over Bake n Shake thread  :-\

ah blaming R45  :angel:

Jus now we moving like half ah TnT to General Discussion

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2006, 07:39:24 AM »

ah cyah say  ah had 6 of these episodes to go thru but one ah meh lil cousins was grabbed a while back so i can relate to where yuh coming from...even though meh aunts and uncles pack up and fly out...ah just cyah leave...

Sweet sweet Tnt..oh how i love meh country....

Rio Claro, San Fernando and now POS holla..in at  yuh....

allyuh heard d latest murder rate....100 in 85 days ...
iNnOcEnT aNd UnInFoRmEd...

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2006, 02:37:57 AM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_news?id=146829859

Front page of the Trinidad Express

What dey ass really taking place in Trinidad and Tobago ?

6 fu*ckin years old ?
oh god man

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2006, 05:15:15 AM »
I would say that those forked up incidents seem to happen everywhere now and then, not an excuse but I mean there are real sickos out there. I wouldn't blame the authorities for it happening really, but I do hope they conduct the investigation better than that chambers incident.

Usually is either a family friend or some child stalker :-\
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 05:51:05 AM by R45 »

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2006, 07:15:38 AM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_news?id=146829859

Front page of the Trinidad Express

6 fu*ckin years old ?
oh god man

Absolutely reprehensible......sick sick 4ker to do dat to anybody...far more an innocent

Dey go definitely ketch he doh.....is somebody livin in dat area , and is ah real small area
Plus the lil fellah was a US citizen...so police go get some help, ah hope dey doh fork dis one up like the other two cases

However, I remember readin some history on ah guy named Mano Benjamin and his crimes (1950's , 1960's??)...people thought that was the downfall of society in T&T back then too
One sicko doh represent ah society

However, ah fine the newspapers really doh need to sensationalize de damn thing with distinct descriptions of his internal organs etc
Totally unecessary
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2006, 12:03:41 PM »
hoss i doh kno wa duz go through dem mind
da jus make me sick der

1]; } ?>