March 28, 2024, 04:11:57 PM

Author Topic: Ames wins tournament  (Read 11108 times)

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ames wins tournament
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2006, 06:24:25 PM »
Football forum...

And he no longer represents T&T on the big stage.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 06:27:32 PM by R45 »

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2006, 06:39:26 PM »
well done ames...2nd PGA tournament he has won
Back in Trini...

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2006, 06:39:38 PM »
Football forum...

A Trinbago born and STILL citizen do something extraordinary and all u could do is HATE?  You do understand the concept of DUAL CITIZENSHIP don't you?  Why allyuh does big up Beenie?  He Trini?

When Dwight Yorke win a treble wit Man Utd or a title wit Sydney...why yuh does big he up?  He eh representin T&T den.

Allyuh eh easy nah.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2006, 06:41:49 PM »
"Only a month ago, the 41-year-old from Trinidad was lampooned for teasing Woods before facing him in the first round of the Match Play Championship, saying anything he could happen, "especially where he's hitting the ball."

Dat good enough for me; as long as they refernece Trinidad ah good with dat!!!

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2006, 06:42:46 PM »
A Trinbago born and STILL citizen do something extraordinary and all u could do is HATE?  You do understand the concept of DUAL CITIZENSHIP don't you?  Why allyuh does big up Beenie?  He Trini?

When Dwight Yorke win a treble wit Man Utd or a title wit Sydney...why yuh does big he up?  He eh representin T&T den.

Allyuh eh easy nah.
Difference between taking dual citizenship and choosing to represent the latter after you got it, which Ames did. He is still a Trini, but he no longer represents T&T on the international stage by his own choice.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2006, 06:44:09 PM »
ent! i glad for de man...and trinidad name gettin put out there.
i eh even gettin into that dual citizenship ting...have plenty reasons for that...and he still helps out with trinidad so i eh gonna hate on him
Back in Trini...

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2006, 06:45:37 PM »
well done ames...2nd PGA tournament he has won

Dat eh no ordinary PGA Tournament he win.

De man win what dey does call a "Almost Major"

Besides de US$1.4. million he take home....de man get automatic invite to de Masters and British Open's fuh 3 years and auto invite to de US Open and de other Major fuh 1 year.  

He get a 5 year exemption for de PGA Tour which mean he could play TATA and finish last in every tournament fuh de next 5 years and he eh have to go qualifyin school.

On top a all dat...he OBLITERATE de ress a de field dat included de bess golfers on de planet....includin 1 Tiger Woods winnin by 6 strokes.

A Trinbagonian do dat!  Nobody from we part of de world even come close to de same area code as doin dat.

It come like Brian Lara breakin one a he world records....and all some people could do is make snide remarks.

Dat eh right.... :shameonyou:

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2006, 06:46:11 PM »
Difference between taking dual citizenship and choosing to represent the latter after you got it, which Ames did. He is still a Trini, but he no longer represents T&T on the international stage by his own choice.

F--- That.

I real proud of the man and he is still putting us on the map.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2006, 06:49:50 PM »

You have ANY idea why Ames choose to become a Canadian Citizen?

Part of it is because he couldn't even get into the United States to play golf tournaments due to an immigration issue.  Only when he became a Canadian citizen was that problem eliminated.  Of course he wife and children canadian and he was livin in Calgary that allowed that to happen.  But dat doh mek he any less trini.  Yuh tink T&T government coulda step een and help Ames wit he immigration issues?

But nah.....gum bumpin without havin a inklin wha might de reason fuh somebody decisions is de order of de day.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2006, 06:51:31 PM »

Part of it is because he couldn't even get into the United States to play golf tournaments due to an immigration issue.  Only when he became a Canadian citizen was that problem eliminated.  Of course he wife and children canadian and he was livin in Calgary that allowed that to happen.  But dat doh mek he any less trini.  Yuh tink T&T government coulda step een and help Ames wit he immigration issues?

But nah.....gum bumpin without havin a inklin wha might de reason fuh somebody decisions is de order of de day.
Palos yuh one of the few that knows the true story...others jus fight down the man without knowing the reasons he had to do it..Trinis really fickle yes!
Also the commentators said he played an almost flawless round while the others jus faded
So once again well done!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 06:52:31 PM by palos »
Back in Trini...

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2006, 06:52:18 PM »

Part of it is because he couldn't even get into the United States to play golf tournaments due to an immigration issue.  Only when he became a Canadian citizen was that problem eliminated.  Of course he wife and children canadian and he was livin in Calgary that allowed that to happen.  But dat doh mek he any less trini.  Yuh tink T&T government coulda step een and help Ames wit he immigration issues?

I am very well aware of that issue as it was heavily covered in the press, thank you very much. How about you respect my opinion on him and I respect yours?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2006, 06:54:44 PM »
I am very well aware of that issue as it was heavily covered in the press, thank you very much. How about you respect my opinion on him and I respect yours?

I respect yuh right to have an opinion.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2006, 06:55:08 PM »
Congrats to Stephen,I can guarantee you anyone saying he is anything but a Trini will hurt him.He is very proud of where he came from in Point a Pierre and has a camp for de youths in Trini.Also he does not represent Canada in the World Cup.He and his bother Robert does represent sweet T&T.

Offline G Spot Terrorizer

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2006, 07:01:34 PM »
Stephen and Robert represent T&T every year in the World Cup of golf.  The man is Trini true and true.  Canada was for visa reasons.  When he has to chose who to represent, it is T&T.

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2006, 07:07:55 PM »
Soca Warriors

Stephen Ames

Darrell Brown

George Bovell III

These acheivements just  make up for the Sh_t the West Indies playing..lol

Well done bredda
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2006, 07:12:30 PM »
Soca Warriors

Stephen Ames

Darrell Brown

George Bovell III

Well done bredda

pppsssstttt ya forget sprrinter senator ato

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2006, 07:17:50 PM »
 Ames finished at 14-under 274, six shots clear of two-time U.S. Open champion Retief Goosen, who closed with a 69. Ames earned $1.44 million for his second PGA Tour victory, and also got a three-year exemption to the Masters.

Only a month ago, the 41-year-old from Trinidad was lampooned for teasing Woods before facing him in the first round of the Match Play Championship, saying anything he could happen, "especially where he's hitting the ball."

fellas leh we ent get too emtional when our opinions differ
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2006, 07:24:01 PM »

nah he have a point tho Adam... I talked to him a few minutes ago... I congratulated him and the first the thing he said was... "hey congrats to you too..." I said, "wa yuh mean?" and he said..."I know you are a big socawarriors fan"

He still comes back and does camps with many ah de upcoming golfin youths ah Trinidad & Tobago... and he has a fund for it and such... so dont worry dred, he is still very much contributing to our society.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2006, 07:29:57 PM »
Congrats Stephen Ames!

Keep the flag flying.

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2006, 07:32:02 PM »
Soca Warriors

Stephen Ames

Darrell Brown

George Bovell III

Well done bredda

pppsssstttt ya forget sprrinter senator ato

LOL.. I dont consider people who retire
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2006, 07:35:21 PM »
samall note..

the man didnt even sound trinidadian....fu real
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2006, 07:39:25 PM »
samall note..

And jes how "trinidadian" does Dwight Yorke sound when he talkin to de UK press?

How "trinidadian" does Ato sound when he talkin to de US press?

Jus curious.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2006, 07:41:00 PM »
A Trinbago born and STILL citizen do something extraordinary and all u could do is HATE?  You do understand the concept of DUAL CITIZENSHIP don't you?  Why allyuh does big up Beenie?  He Trini?

When Dwight Yorke win a treble wit Man Utd or a title wit Sydney...why yuh does big he up?  He eh representin T&T den.

Allyuh eh easy nah.

Ames had a lot of problems travelling with his Trini passport..it was easier for him to use a Canadian passport...why yuh doh keep quiet...allyuh always quick to judge people and criticise.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2006, 07:43:00 PM »
well thaks everybody for the education on the stephen ames citizenship issue...i was wondering whaz the scene wih he and dat.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2006, 08:05:27 PM »
samall note..

And jes how "trinidadian" does Dwight Yorke sound when he talkin to de UK press?

How "trinidadian" does Ato sound when he talkin to de US press?

Jus curious.

EXACTLY.

Soma dese fellah oui...
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2006, 08:21:04 PM »
let me spice it up ;D
 yorke have a british passport :devil:
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2006, 08:29:02 PM »
let me spice it up ;D
 yorke have a british passport :devil:

so does Shaka

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2006, 08:35:49 PM »
Football forum...

A Trinbago born and STILL citizen do something extraordinary and all u could do is HATE?  You do understand the concept of DUAL CITIZENSHIP don't you?  Why allyuh does big up Beenie?  He Trini?

When Dwight Yorke win a treble wit Man Utd or a title wit Sydney...why yuh does big he up?  He eh representin T&T den.

Allyuh eh easy nah.

Palos I would'nt venture there nah,that's a very sensitive issue where stephen ames is concern,he for one said it was in his benefit to represent canada and not T&T for whatever reason I think it had to do with some passport issue.To draw from an example like dwight playing for man u which is on ah club level is strecthing a bit,  where as most major golf tournaments when listing players put there country next to there name and he chose canada,whether dual citizenship or not one could say yes he's trini but the fact is on an international stage the only thing the fans will remember and say is "that canadian is pretty good".

Will that bother me or impact my life in anyway "no" but you have to admit if chris birchall could choose trini, anything is possible which makes it tough to decipher the choices the two have made.  

« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 08:39:56 PM by saga pinto »

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2006, 08:59:33 PM »
so does Birchill...lol
We'll be back...
I don't know when

1]; } ?>