April 27, 2024, 06:55:46 PM

Author Topic: No training grounds for the National Team?  (Read 7567 times)

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: No training grounds for the National Team?
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2006, 06:57:23 PM »
Well tempo if that the case...... i guess all hope is dead...even after the world cup....wow...

Nah, all hope is not lost. Success over teams we not had beaten consistently for the past 20 years becuase of the five reasons I wrote earlier won't happen overnight. The u21s are a work in progress and hopefully those players will transition to higher professional competition. BTW Neaves is the real deal but his best position is in the middle.

The hope rests with the younger players(u10-u16) who will be encouraged by the world cup qualification and a renewed PFL. I also hear the u15 team will be attending Dallas Cup. If the PFL can get their youth teams exposed to better competition and the younger national teams get consistent training($$), you will see better results.

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2006, 07:58:44 PM »
In a way tempo................i kinda agree wit ya wen u say Neaves best position is in the middle............for the one fact that he has a cannon wit dat left foot............but i think me will better serve us on the left wing.................played wit him 4 his last yr of intercol.................and he played everywhere.....lol.............buh he was most productive cutting in from the left......and his crosses are good too

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2006, 08:05:35 PM »
Yea the fella is real talented and he can really pound the ball. I jus think that as he plays on a higher level, he might not have the pace needed to be on the wing. He's not slow, but I'm not sure if he can go box to box at the pace top footballers keep.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2006, 10:38:02 AM »
There is no one thing you can put your finger on that will improve our Football,it's a combination of what have been said already.

Some where along the line there is always something not given any priority and that boils down to bad planning by our technical staff eg finance,proper fields for training,housing for players etc

We have produced a lot of good players through the years what kind of facilities did we have,it seems like the more and better facilities we have is more problems we are having.

When you travel around the country you can see many unused playing fields but we complain about facilities,you will quicker see animals grazing on them.All our Comprehensive schools have facilities that are underutilized,Football,Basketball,Cricket etc in the US they are used by the neighbourhoods,is just that you have to pay to use them, that money is used to maintain them(system).

There is no way any team should have a problem for a ground to train on in T&T,i can't understand why people carrying down the Savannah when teams like Malvern,Maple,Colts,Luton Town,Midvale,Paragon,Providence,Casuals,Harvard,Shamrock etc all came from there plus some of the best games seen was played in front that same Grand Stand,don't forget Cricket.I don't think the younger generation will understand the value of that Savannah.     

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2006, 02:15:41 PM »
I grew up playing all kind of football in the savannah...Peterborough, Newtown; Maple; John D; Sunday morning minor league; sweat in front the US Embassy so I know every hole and knot grass on the Savannah.
My contention is primarily the fact that one of our National Teams is in the mists of preparation for an international tournament and the had to train there because there were no other fields available.
If the report stated that the team was housed in Hilton and they scheduled the training sessions in the Savannah, that is a different story, but this is not a club side, this is a National Team. The unavailability of a good training facility is unacceptable.
Ah wonder if man had to pee against ah tree in the Savannah ???
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2006, 11:31:36 AM »
When you consider that the nucleus of this team could be feeding into the national team in 2010, it is a'crying shame' that first class facilities, first class programs, adequate preparations and solid training  is not avaliable for this squad.

Sometime I  get so  riled when ah read of TNT nationals opting to represent  foreign countries but given this sad state of affairs, is it any wonder that some talented players turn elsewhere.

Long time we use to talk of 'grooming' players, yuh know we have tuh get back to taking care of  our future and  running all our programs ina very professional manner. Provide facilities, nutritionist, sports psychologist, educators and world class coaches for our players.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When are we going to build the infrastructure to develop a  solid core of players for our senior team?

1]; } ?>