March 28, 2024, 02:43:59 AM

Author Topic: No training grounds for the National Team?  (Read 7506 times)

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
No training grounds for the National Team?
« on: March 27, 2006, 04:38:16 PM »
After I read the TD's report on the U-21 team, I was really shocked to see that on more than one occasion the team had to train in the Savannah because no other grounds were available. You mean to tell me that a National Team can't get a proper ground to train on for their tournament preparations?
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: No training grounds for the National Team?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 04:47:26 PM »
wow, and the senior team heading to Germany...go figure!

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 04:49:52 PM »
 Small thing the savannah big enough ;D

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 04:53:54 PM »
ok, ah go start it....is the government fault.

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2006, 04:54:29 PM »
::) Are you serious? I hope not.

I would hope no one would wish our national team, of any level, would be playing on a pitch the quality of the savannah...

Offline Augi

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2006, 05:20:50 PM »
Me ain't see no problem with training in de QPS. Look at it this way if yuh could play on the surface in de Savannah any other surface go be suck eye

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2006, 05:24:04 PM »
ok, ah go start it....is the government fault.

Nah is de UNC fault :rotfl:
Oh gorm

Dis is just poor we treat our own like shit till dey on ah big scene... we ttff leaders and all we leader cyar see beyong de bloody finger tips this is shit tuh get de Pasdah vex man... big international players coming down and cyar have ah bloody good field.... dis is real shyte... 4 new grounds... ato , larry, yorke hasley with training fields  Jack man when we go respect we own man

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2006, 05:26:14 PM »
Me ain't see no problem with training in de QPS. Look at it this way if yuh could play on the surface in de Savannah any other surface go be suck eye

believe it

the amount ah boombay and nut grass it have when yuh play on ah best pitch is like going from ah Sunny to ah Mercedes

Més que un club.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2006, 05:27:11 PM »
Is all about scheduling.

If other non-sporting events are what causing the problem then that is an issue to work out.

Anyone know the arrangements in place for sporting organizations to get the use of the grounds?
How far in advance they have to request the grounds and how many non-sporting events they have in the different venues?

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2006, 05:28:02 PM »
They have some real good patch of grass in the savannah

Doe diss it..........In fact Savannah better than Marvin Lee Stadium.

Besides most teams do not train on the stadium fields except the Senior team.

Most of them use the adjacent training fields and they ent all dat.

Besides once yuh could master a nut grass bounce.......everyting else easy

BTW is dry season now..............they have no grass anywhere so it come like yuh running on dry dust in a turfs.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 05:29:33 PM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2006, 05:55:33 PM »
This U21 team has problem already.....1) tie with w connection and had chanced to sored and win the game, but poor finishing.... 2) the game with Jabloteh, Jabloteh was a good test for the U21 team but poor performance with poor showing to physical and mental fatigue....so tell me people what going on with these guys are they up for the challenge.......that mean the team forward need work in finishing went they have chanced........ with physical and mental fatigue, this team need to hire a dietitian/nutritionist, a good sport physiotherapist/trainer and a good fitness coach caused the one on this technical staff  SUCK..... one thing for sure the guys should be physically and mentally fit with a good diet.....Mr. L. Phillips what really going on, you need to look in to that

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2006, 06:05:55 PM »
Mr. Phillips....my concern is not caribbean team, but central America, Mexico, Canada and the U.S. that my concern, it's about time we start training to beat team like Mexico, USA, Central America  and Canada team....ITS ABOUT TIME...DON'T YOU THINK?

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2006, 06:15:33 PM »
They have some real good patch of grass in the savannah

Doe diss it..........In fact Savannah better than Marvin Lee Stadium.

Besides most teams do not train on the stadium fields except the Senior team.

Most of them use the adjacent training fields and they ent all dat.

Besides once yuh could master a nut grass bounce.......everyting else easy

BTW is dry season now..............they have no grass anywhere so it come like yuh running on dry dust in a turfs.

I cyar speak for the whole area, but there are some REALLY bad fields in the savannah as well. I hope they're playing on a good spot.

I eh know what country you in, but this weather (atleast in the west) feeling nothing like dry season right now, they eh have any dust problems yet.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 06:26:59 PM by R45 »

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2006, 06:20:36 PM »
This U21 team has problem already.....1) tie with w connection and had chanced to sored and win the game, but poor finishing.... 2) the game with Jabloteh, Jabloteh was a good test for the U21 team but poor performance with poor showing to physical and mental fatigue....so tell me people what going on with these guys are they up for the challenge.......that mean the team forward need work in finishing went they have chanced........ with physical and mental fatigue, this team need to hire a dietitian/nutritionist, a good sport physiotherapist/trainer and a good fitness coach caused the one on this technical staff  SUCK..... one thing for sure the guys should be physically and mentally fit with a good diet.....Mr. L. Phillips what really going on, you need to look in to that

If 9 of the 11 starters are missing from the PFL games, there may mot be a problem. Yes, there is a need to have a dietitian for all the national teams but if you have a strenous training session prior to a match, it will adversely effect your performance no matter how fit you may be. Plus, why not mention the win vs AIA? Once again with most starters absent, I see this as a positive. As for the problems with finishing, well, that is an issue for all our international teams. It would be interesting to open a discussion on how the proliferation of small goal has retarded the skills of our keepers and strikers.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 06:34:59 PM by tempo »

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2006, 06:32:20 PM »
Mr. Phillips....my concern is not caribbean team, but central America, Mexico, Canada and the U.S. that my concern, it's about time we start training to beat team like Mexico, USA, Central America  and Canada team....ITS ABOUT TIME...DON'T YOU THINK?

What do you think the tour to Tampa was for? The team play two MLS teams. "It's about time"? For what? What makes you think the training is specifically for the Caribbean teams or the TD isn't using the available resources to prepare the team? Like it or not, our teams u17 and up have an uphill battle when competing against Mexico, US, and Central America for a variety of reasons that have been discussed many times on this forum.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2006, 06:44:46 PM »
I hear is the same old story- they need a foreign Coach. Simoes where are you? Imagine the trained hard two days before the game and tired.
 Give me a break

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2006, 07:01:36 PM »
A good foreign coach is needed but how will he be payed? Even a good coach from TT who is learning abroad may be a good option. But, who would be willing to deal with the instability? 

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2006, 07:21:05 PM »
Dunno if it has been said already but................this long term prob could be solved by building a National Football Training Center

The ideal place would be Central trinidad...............all dem cane land could be put to good use..............and it is the easiest place to get to from north and south.................Govt needed on this one so i dunno wat will happen

It doh hadda be no big thing....................bout 4 fields, change rooms, etc.......other facilities cud also be put in place like dorms and a swimmimg pool etc...........

just my thought on this.......

Isaachunt

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2006, 08:04:30 PM »
The team needs better facilities than that.
I really hope you joking because that is a stupid comment.

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2006, 08:05:41 PM »
Dunno if it has been said already but................this long term prob could be solved by building a National Football Training Center

The ideal place would be Central trinidad...............all dem cane land could be put to good use..............and it is the easiest place to get to from north and south.................Govt needed on this one so i dunno wat will happen

It doh hadda be no big thing....................bout 4 fields, change rooms, etc.......other facilities cud also be put in place like dorms and a swimmimg pool etc...........

I would rather they fix they all the facilities we already have rather than building a new one. Oh and stop throwing fetes on the pitches!

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2006, 08:25:34 PM »
When you consider that the nucleus of this team could be feeding into the national team in 2010, it is a'crying shame' that first class facilities, first class programs, adequate preparations and solid training  is not avaliable for this squad.

Sometime I  get so  riled when ah read of TNT nationals opting to represent  foreign countries but given this sad state of affairs, is it any wonder that some talented players turn elsewhere.

Long time we use to talk of 'grooming' players, yuh know we have tuh get back to taking care of  our future and  running all our programs ina very professional manner. Provide facilities, nutritionist, sports psychologist, educators and world class coaches for our players.

Offline santacruz

• Full Warrior
  • This year is the Dutch year!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2006, 09:51:09 PM »
all the 2020 talk manning like tuh talk bout, if that QPS was in USA, it woulda have about 30 best fields on that. i just referee ah u-10 girls league in NC and that field was much better than anything the QPS have.time to put the QPS to significant use.
Fatima old boy graduate in '95 from Form 5, '97 from Form 6, lived in Santa Cruz.

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2006, 09:57:36 PM »
all the 2020 talk manning like tuh talk bout, if that QPS was in USA, it woulda have about 30 best fields on that. i just referee ah u-10 girls league in NC and that field was much better than anything the QPS have.time to put the QPS to significant use.
It really doesn't make sense spending a shitload to relay the QPS as the fields are used by everyone for various sports, as well as fetes, limes and cars driving on it. Outside of regular maintenance (which honestly isn't THAT bad now, but a better job could be done at patching and cleaning garbage), I don't believe any significant revamping should be done on a regular basis. I just think no profressional or national team should really be using it, they should use dedicated football pitches. Leave the savannah for casual and semi-pro use.

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2006, 10:08:30 PM »
A national training center that is only used for top level games and training should be built. Also, synthetic turf should be put down at least two of the present stadiums. The new sythetic turf plays just like real grass and would eliminate field quality issues like those in Marvin Lee Stadium. Leave the QPS alone, it should be treated like the national mall in the US and have the magnificant seven refurbished and used as museums.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2006, 10:33:51 PM »
Oh and stop throwing fetes on the pitches!

Great point !! Remember how our running track was gradually destroyed because of the multiple concerts that were held in the stadium...and how long it took to fix it - what a disgrace that was.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2006, 11:41:29 AM »

SO I guess the Center of Excellence is boo den  ;D well we all know that is a joke. A Center Of Excellence with one field, who ever heard of that. But you know what you are right, the TTFF should have a training Center for its teams. Guatemala and El Salvador have their own Training Centers with 3 and 4 fields of good quality. Their offices are also located their and they have dorms with kitchen and staff, so players may sleep and can get a meal.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2006, 07:18:16 PM »
tempo are you serious!!!!!!!!!!!!...our U21 playing the U.S. U17...and tieing...are you serious....well boy they are really at the bottom of the hill....i'm not going to accept that.....tempo i don't know... which other team in the caribbean, central america, mexico, U.S and Canada  does that...i'm holding l the national football team at every level in Trinidad and Tobago at a very high standard.... so don't give me no in between tempo.....THAT JUNK...you keep on making excused for this U21 team...next thing you reading they getting lick all over the place

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2006, 07:36:39 PM »
and tempo i forget to mention...the win against AIA they supposed to win...these guys are pick from each pro team in the nation of Trinidad and Tobago so you keep making excused for them...the coach's have to start raising the bar of performance....these  guys representing Trinidad and Tobago not inside this country but outside.....because no outside country respect Trinidad and Tobago...no not one

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2006, 08:06:34 PM »
tempo are you serious!!!!!!!!!!!!...our U21 playing the U.S. U17...and tieing...are you serious....well boy they are really at the bottom of the hill....i'm not going to accept that.....tempo i don't know... which other team in the caribbean, central america, mexico, U.S and Canada does that...i'm holding l the national football team at every level in Trinidad and Tobago at a very high standard.... so don't give me no in between tempo.....THAT JUNK...you keep on making excused for this U21 team...next thing you reading they getting lick all over the place

I didn't know that being objective and reasonable is making excuses. This is news to me. My point is that it should not surprise anybody that this u21 team, which a year ago was completely outclassed in LA, will probably continue to have diffculties against teams like US, Costa Rica, and Mexico. Did you even see or get a report of the u17 game? From what I hear, we threw away plenty 1v1s and hit the post several times. So the result probably didn't indicate the run of the game.

As for holding the entire national program up to a high standard, you think you the only one to do so? Everyone on this board want the teams to perform well. But the expectations have to be reasonable, and like many results-based "fans" who don't care about history, you do not have a reasonable expectation. For instance. we have on one hand T&T who: 1) until last year, had never implemented a youth development program, 2) does not have a true footballing culture, 3) has limited financial resources (no corporate, little government $$), 4) still takes a less than scientific approach to sport, and 5) has a less than stellar professional league. Now, you expect players that come from that environment and beat players from countries that do supply all of those things? Your belief that a u17 team from the US shouldn't be even on the field with our u21s is not only arrogant but shows you have little understanding in what is truly required to have national teams meet your high  ::) standards. Is that serious enough for you? 
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 08:08:07 PM by tempo »

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2006, 05:59:34 PM »
Well tempo if that the case...... i guess all hope is dead...even after the world cup....wow...

1]; } ?>