April 25, 2024, 01:22:25 PM

Author Topic: Shaka ready to risk World Cup dream for FA Cup glory  (Read 4030 times)

Offline JayTheWrecker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Shaka ready to risk World Cup dream for FA Cup glory
« on: March 27, 2006, 05:12:42 PM »
very short item in yesterday's News Of The World, page 79. Article reads as follows:

Keeper Shaka Hislop is ready to risk his World Cup dream to help West Ham to FA Cup glory.
The Hammers are one win away from the FA Cup final, which will be played on May 13.
But Trinidad play Peru in a warm-up match on May 10 and Hislop vowed:
"If we get to the Final, I won't be able to join up with Trinidad so forcing my way into the team will be harder if I can't play Peru."

end of article.
Son, there's only two things that matter in this life. Family and Football. Everything else is bullshit

Offline Augi

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Shaka ready to risk World Cup dream for FA Cup glory
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 05:16:15 PM »
Doh worry Shaka ...Jah will work it out.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 05:18:46 PM »
he juss making it easier for beenie to pick ince and i think it may be a blessing in disguise, however for shaka he must be mad, but say wha he old and he dont have much longer in his career, so he need to hold down where he making he money, ince bredda, show yuh worth if yuh get de chance.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 05:18:51 PM »
hmmm interesting, but ah think Hislop is a smart man. he knows if he performs well at the FA cup, beenie still taking him..so he safe..he playing consistently and he in playing form..no pep in his step, but he fit...beenie would just look at he other keepers, maybe ince might finally get a call up  ;D

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2006, 05:20:02 PM »
This is interesting.

Man choose club over World Cup.  Big gamble if you ask me.  He eh go be sure to make the 23 if he doh come to play against Peru.  He cyah vex eedah because de rules have been set down already.

What go be even more interesting is if West Ham #1 Roy Carroll get better and de manager pick he over Shaka to play in de FA Cup Final.  Den he go be ridin pine and watchin World Cup on TV.  Say wha....he is a big man and he full well know the risks and consequences.

Life eh...
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2006, 05:33:42 PM »

He may have Beenie blessing to play in the FA Cup.

Will give him the chance to draft both Ince and Jack into the squad and see how they doing in training and possibly the match.

In any case all that talk is to try and keep his spot at West Ham when Carroll fit again.
Whether he talk to Beenie first before making the statement me eh know but Shaka is a smart fellah so I eh worried for him.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2006, 05:37:53 PM »
Yea I don't think its such a big risk. FA cup final is a very big stage and Shaka has been in every squad since Beenie in charge and I don't think Beenie will mind that much with Shaka missing out cause we need to get Jack and Ince at least a half each for d Peru game to see where they are right now. Beenie already knows what Shaka brings to the table and form will dictate who will start for WC. FA cup winner's medal can only help boost Hislop's chances.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2006, 05:54:09 PM »

He may have Beenie blessing to play in the FA Cup.

Will give him the chance to draft both Ince and Jack into the squad and see how they doing in training and possibly the match.

In any case all that talk is to try and keep his spot at West Ham when Carroll fit again.
Whether he talk to Beenie first before making the statement me eh know but Shaka is a smart fellah so I eh worried for him.

Management decision fuh beenie to take here.

If he tell Shaka is ok to play in de FA Cup....den he somewhat undermine whatever discipline he tryin to bring een de squad if dey done have rules etc.  

HOWEVER

All club teams except for the 2 Champion's League teams that meet in the CL final May 17, HAVE TO release their players by May 14 which means TECHNICALLY, Shaka will fall within that timeline if he plays in the FA Cup Final on May 13 so he might get off on a technicality dey.

Offline JayTheWrecker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2006, 06:02:09 PM »
This is interesting.

Man choose club over World Cup.  Big gamble if you ask me.  He eh go be sure to make the 23 if he doh come to play against Peru.  He cyah vex eedah because de rules have been set down already.

What go be even more interesting is if West Ham #1 Roy Carroll get better and de manager pick he over Shaka to play in de FA Cup Final.  Den he go be ridin pine and watchin World Cup on TV.  Say wha....he is a big man and he full well know the risks and consequences.

Life eh...

i feel that this "club vs country" situation is completly different to the one we had recently with Me Mum. Me Mum was right to chose a World Cup warm-up match over a League One game that had no promotion or relegation issues. In other words, it was a nothing match. Shaka on the other hand, is playing in one of the best leagues in the world and is a game away from appearing in the final of one of the most prestigious club cup competitions in the world. In other words, Shaka is playing at the HIGHEST level. He, Tony Warner and maybe Dog at a stretch are the only ones in the T&T squad that can make that boast. Shaka will go the WC of that there is no doubt. Whether he'll get number 1 jersey is another matter. I think that will probably be decided by his West Ham performances for the remainder of the season, and not what he does or doesn't do against Peru. Like TI already said, I think it would be a blessing for Beenie so that he can take a look at Ince. But I still think Shaka should get the nod in Germany. Ince hasn't played enough this season and Jack is an accident waiting to happen..... if Wayne Rooney or whoever puts a 30 yard screamer past Shaka than everyone can accept that, but if we concede a goal due to a moment of madness by Jack it will be totally demoralising to everyone, us the fans and the players on the pitch. Like I said above, Shaka is playing at the HIGHEST level and has done so for almost all his career. I really hope Beenie makes him No 1 in Germany
Son, there's only two things that matter in this life. Family and Football. Everything else is bullshit

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2006, 06:15:10 PM »
But I still think Shaka should get the nod in Germany. Ince hasn't played enough this season and Jack is an accident waiting to happen..... if Wayne Rooney or whoever puts a 30 yard screamer past Shaka than everyone can accept that, but if we concede a goal due to a moment of madness by Jack it will be totally demoralising to everyone, us the fans and the players on the pitch.

Breds....Shaka FAR FROM infallible.  Men does REAL diss de goalie who take we to de World Cup.  Dey forever biggin up everybody else, but conveniently forget one WALK OUT on de National Team...hours before a crucial game in Mexico.  Not to mention de amounta heart attack he give people in dat "performance" against Canada in Edmonton in de 2001 Hex when he commit more "accident" in 1 game dan Kelvin Jack do in he whole flikkin career.

Doh talk fuh Shaka who didn't allow a 30 yard screamer from Wayne Rooney to score.  Nah....nutting so.....jes a dribbler from 35 yards dat he fall on, and roll over on de ball and de ball went in de goal.  It was someting like de goal dat did score against Morvant man and dem goalie in de SW fete match.  And is not de fuss time he do dat....he tired do dat wit Portsmouth etc.

Dis is not to bring down none a dem, but ah tired a seein man wastin dong Kelvin Jack to big up others as if he is de only one have issues.  All a dem have dey faults....alla dem have dey strong points. de FACT remains...Kelvin Jack is the one who TOOK US TO THE WORLD CUP.  And none a de ungrateful wretches could ever tek dat away from he.

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2006, 06:22:48 PM »
Dis is not to bring down none a dem, but ah tired a seein man wastin dong Kelvin Jack to big up others as if he is de only one have issues.  All a dem have dey faults....alla dem have dey strong points. de FACT remains...Kelvin Jack is the one who TOOK US TO THE WORLD CUP.  And none a de ungrateful wretches could ever tek dat away from he.
I hadda agree here. I am personally very cautious with Jack and his suspect areas (judgement coming forward, collection of aerial balls) but people forget he was the one who took us through. For all the slip ups against Bahrain and various teams, we tend to forget the big saves he also made versus Guatemala, USA and especially that last one in Bahrain... I'm pretty sure, with Shaka's slowness, that last one would've scored. I honestly am not totally bothered about which keeper we take, all of them have strengths and weaknesses.

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2006, 07:00:18 PM »
i doh blame him i would choose de same ting
ah mean he wanna win something an imo he is pretty much garuanteed to be in the 30 and once dey see him dere he shud make so no worries

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2006, 07:15:53 PM »
HOWEVER

All club teams except for the 2 Champion's League teams that meet in the CL final May 17, HAVE TO release their players by May 14 which means TECHNICALLY, Shaka will fall within that timeline if he plays in the FA Cup Final on May 13 so he might get off on a technicality dey.

Wait maybe I can't read properly but I'm a little confused, are you saying that because he would play on May 13 that his club will or will not have to release him  ???  I'm guessing they won't because May 10 is not a Fifa date and it falls before the May 14 fifa deadline to release World Cup players

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2006, 07:19:59 PM »
It's the correct political statement to make at this time given his Club's position. Look the game against Peru is not going to decide his fate as a bonafide keeper; his reputation and play precedes him. I would say that the battle  for a position is among the other three. Maybe that game would be an excellent one to  decide on the other two  positions.

Shaka despite his age has done yeoman service for club and country. Please remember this is a keeper who  is playing primer division, yet  sat and watched Jack and co. tend goal for much of the campaign. I am not too worried. I believe that his experience and the fact that he is playing on  a regular  basis against the level of competition he is facing is an assurance that he will be one of  our keepers come Germany.

This game against Peru is not the last friendly prior to Germany anyways.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2006, 07:31:29 PM »
HOWEVER

Wait maybe I can't read properly but I'm a little confused, are you saying that because he would play on May 13 that his club will or will not have to release him  ???  I'm guessing they won't because May 10 is not a Fifa date and it falls before the May 14 fifa deadline to release World Cup players

Correct.  They don't have to release him until May 14th which is the date FIFA has mandated all clubs to release players to their respective National teams in preparation for the World Cup.  It;s an interesting deadline because FIFA has told the National teams that they have to hand in their final list of 23 players by May 15th.  Kinda dotish in a way but I guess that is why we playin Peru on the 10th even though it's not a FIFA off week.  The players who STILL have things to play for like a Shaka, like perhaps a Kenwyne Jones (relegation battle), etc will not be there for that Peru match.

Ah also now remember that Shaka right now in contract renewal negotiations with West Ham so Alberta right....is a good political statement he make dey.

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2006, 07:49:10 PM »
[

Ah also now remember that Shaka right now in contract renewal negotiations with West Ham so Alberta right....is a good political statement he make dey.
[/b]

Ding, ding, ding...................Shaka has always had his head on. Anyway West Ham aint going to the final.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2006, 08:06:21 PM »
Anyway West Ham aint going to the final.

We could always hope fuh de bredda.  Ah know all a we go be supportin dem in de semis and if dey get to de finals.

Isaachunt

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2006, 08:20:13 PM »
Anyway West Ham aint going to the final.

We could always hope fuh de bredda. Ah know all a we go be supportin dem in de semis and if dey get to de finals.
West Ham not going anywhere. If they reach is licks in the Finals :rotfl:

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2006, 09:42:24 PM »
What wrong with shaka playing in the FA cup final.  To me it is almost as prestigious as qualifying for the world cup.  Ayuh have  to remember that the FA cup is the oldest competition in world fooball.

Alyuh tink that shaka place will be in jeopardy just because he misses the peru game? lol alyuh mad in this place!!

Palos, u have to be mad to criticise shaka like dat.  U have to understand that shaka is the only player on our team that is playing constantly at a high level!!

Whey alyuh was when shaka was keeping our scoreline against mexico down to 2 and 3 goals?  Alyuh dont even remember the 3 excellent saves that shaka put down in the Oval against the states.

Jack ent take we tuh no world cup! In fact, he almost cost us a place in the world cup with his shaky handling! Its true that he made the save that kept it from going into extra time, but he makes too many mistakes on too regular a basis!!

Scottish Div keeper vs Premier league keeper!! since when this is a match up??

Shaka all de way

ah love it!!

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2006, 10:09:34 PM »
Doh worrry guys!  Shaka is a diplomat.  There is no risk.  Unless he is imjured he going to the WC.  Playing in the FA is more of a workout than playing against Peru, where ah sure Beenie go be using plenty players.  Is a goodbye fete match for the local fans
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2006, 06:00:33 AM »
Beenhaakker might have already picked his squad by that May 10th date already and Shaka may most likely be in that squad. He can't play three keepers in the Peru game anyway. Hislop's spot will not be jeapordised because of an appearance in a FA Cup final. Our coach knows the history of such a tournament and I think will give Shaka no problems.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2006, 06:19:31 AM »
Shaka Knows that he is #1- Warner will get the opportunity to impress the trinis.
Shaka- Jack_ Warner- going Germany

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2006, 06:41:05 AM »
What wrong with shaka playing in the FA cup final.  To me it is almost as prestigious as qualifying for the world cup.  Ayuh have  to remember that the FA cup is the oldest competition in world fooball.

Alyuh tink that shaka place will be in jeopardy just because he misses the peru game? lol alyuh mad in this place!!

Palos, u have to be mad to criticise shaka like dat.  U have to understand that shaka is the only player on our team that is playing constantly at a high level!!

Whey alyuh was when shaka was keeping our scoreline against mexico down to 2 and 3 goals?  Alyuh dont even remember the 3 excellent saves that shaka put down in the Oval against the states.

Jack ent take we tuh no world cup! In fact, he almost cost us a place in the world cup with his shaky handling! Its true that he made the save that kept it from going into extra time, but he makes too many mistakes on too regular a basis!!

Scottish Div keeper vs Premier league keeper!! since when this is a match up??

Shaka all de way

ah love it!!

I agree with what you're saying but what I still really don't understand is how was Beenie Man so dotish to be playing the Scottish Man over the EPL man in several of the most important games in our history  ???
I guess form and match fitness must have a lot to do with it but now that is in Shaka's favor.

1]; } ?>