April 25, 2024, 05:28:25 PM

Author Topic: VOODOO WARRIORS?  (Read 11432 times)

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
VOODOO WARRIORS?
« on: March 27, 2006, 09:30:43 PM »
VOODOO WARRIORS?
British tabloid gets mischievous
Lasana Liburd
Tuesday, March 28th 2006

The Daily Star, a British tabloid, claimed to be scared that black magic might influence England's 2006 June 15 World Cup fixture with Trinidad and Tobago and it was not referring to the "Little Magician", Russell Latapy.

The Star's front page read "Witch docs put hex on Becks" while the "exclusive" story claimed that Trinidad and Tobago "voodoo witch doctors" were using magic incantations to derail England's chances of success in Germany this June.

"The crafty Caribbeans have sacrificed cockerels in secret rituals," wrote Daily Star reporter James Wickham. "And they have told followers to bury birds' heads near the homes of England's star players.

"The aim is to give the Trinidad and Tobago team an edge in their crunch group clash with England in Nuremberg on June 15."

The Daily Star-which is not one of Britain's more respected sources of news-further suggested that T&T successfully used voodoo in their 4-0 World Cup qualifying win over Mexico in 1973 when the Mexicans supposedly "hit the woodwork 14 times and saw seven players suffer freak injuries".

Wickham claimed to have unearthed a Trinidadian supporter who admitted the bizarre plot.

"I have paid for seven, all kinds," said 'Robert'.

"It's not personal and they will not go on beyond the World Cup. If the England players dig around their homes they may even find some heads of chickens."

The claims of freak occurrences in Trinidad and Tobago's emphatic win against Mexico are untrue as, almost certainly, are any notions of "Soca Warrior" supporters slaughtering chickens in the hope of unsettling Wayne Rooney and company.

The Star also claimed that "the voodoo curses are hot topics on unofficial internet message boards about the team", which is also unfounded.

T&T's Britain-based players were aware of the story but refused comment on it. Most laughed off the claims although there was some concern about British perception of Caribbean life.

Ashton Ford, Trinidad and Tobago British High Commission attaché on public affairs, culture and tourism, was not amused but said England's response to our World Cup qualification was generally very positive.

Ford did one interview yesterday with a London-based West Indian community radio station, Choice FM, but said that no one else called to enquire or complain about the Star's story.

"We dismiss it as nonsense," Ford told the Daily Express. "Our sportsmen are known as very disciplined people and ours teams have won several fair play awards.

"The majority of the (British) media has had good things to say about us."

The London High Commission will host a reception for the British and foreign media and culinary experts on April 10 called "Taste of T&T", which is meant to offer a more accurate view of T&T's culture.

Former calypso monarch, Tobago Crusoe, and Britain's reigning monarch, Helena B, will both perform while there will also be Indian song and dance, steelpan and costumed Poison girls on show.

It is uncertain whether Wickham might turn up for the festivities.

Ironically, the British government yesterday unveiled plans to officially launch 'Soca' yesterday.

In this case, Soca stands for the Serious Organised Crime Organisation, which will be mandated to tackle drug trafficking, money laundering and the smuggling of people for the illicit sex trade and slave labour.

There was nothing in the England Times article to suggest that either Trinidad and Tobago captain Dwight Yorke or his English counterpart David Beckham had anything to fear.

Voodoo? We dont need no Voodoo NEGRO PLEASE!!! If we goin to whup your ARSE we goin to WHUP YOUR ARSE FAIR AND SQUARE TRINI STYLE!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 10:02:35 PM by Reaper2004 »

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
Re: VOODOO WARRIORS?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 09:37:51 PM »
mudda ass and dem

dey flipping fraid ah little wobble knee and cross eye ?

Becks throw some table salt over ya left shoulder and bath in bush water....

ya go be good

DOH FRAID MY SON.........doh fraid :devil:

blasted nonsense yes....steups
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 09:39:46 PM by TriniCana »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 09:43:06 PM »
Soca stands for the Serious Organised Crime Organisation

Isn't this SOCO??

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 09:55:58 PM »
VOODOO WARRIORS?
Lasana Liburd
Tuesday, March 28th 2006

The Daily Star-which is not one of Britain's more respected sources of news-further suggested that T&T successfully used voodoo in their 4-0 World Cup qualifying win over Mexico in 1973 when the Mexicans supposedly "hit the woodwork 14 times and saw seven players suffer freak injuries".
i'm sure that i read this crap happened against HAITI  ??? talk about shitty journalism
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2006, 09:59:36 PM »
It's a dodgy tabloid, what yuh expect?

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2006, 10:01:17 PM »
They starting to make excuses for the beating they going to get at the WC.  :rotfl:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2006, 10:03:56 PM »
Soca stands for the Serious Organised Crime Organisation

Isn't this SOCO??

First, we have these idiot rag papers talking mess, then we have this local paper who can't see that SOCA is not an acronym for Serious Organised Crime Organisation.  Well... well well...
If the British people believe this then they are bigger idiots than I had alwys believed
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2006, 10:14:09 PM »
this is some fckin% shyt

i was never so appalled dat people thinkin we doin obeah to win a game

i feel sorry for our british based players now more than ever

it is in stories like this one can see how hard it is for a stern john a dwight yorke a shaka hislop to survive outside of this hemisphere
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2006, 10:17:33 PM »
its ignorance

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2006, 10:28:45 PM »
Same sh!t pops up all the time. Here are a couple of quotes from FIFA articles.

T&T v Mexico http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/060131/1/5yvu.html

"The final phase of qualifying took place in the Haitian capital Port-au-Prince, where the locals rallied behind their team like never before. The favourites, as ever, were Mexico, though they soon found themselves weakened by a series of strange occurrences. During the final phase the Tricolor struck the woodwork an amazing 14 times, saw many of their players suffer injuries and ailments, and lost their first-choice goalkeeper just before a before a key game after a glass broke on his hand.
The Mexican press claimed that voodoo was to blame for their misfortune, and such was the level of paranoia that the newspaper Excélsior published the prediction of a clairvoyant who claimed the Mexico players would be "massacred by a Caribbean mob during one of the Hexagonal games".
Some would argue that the prediction came true, with the "mob" in question being the Trinidad and Tobago side that "massacred" the Aztec team with fast-flowing football and precision finishing. Their historic 4-0 win put them on the brink of qualification, with only Haiti standing in their way. In the end though, it turned out to be one obstacle too many for T&T, who had four goals disallowed in a 2-1 defeat to the hosts. For Haiti and their delirious supporters, victory was all that mattered. They were on their way to Germany."

Benin, Africa's Cup 2004: http://www.fifa.com/en/news/index/0,1464,73945,00.html?articleid=73945

"With this in mind, the witchdoctors of this nation where voodoo thrives have recited prayer after prayer since qualification. In the words of one representative of the aforementioned cult, “divine blessing and the spirit of our ancestors must accompany the Squirrels,” "

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2006, 10:40:29 PM »
What d a$$ .is this. yah hear lie .

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2006, 10:43:46 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Honestly ah cyar stop laffing
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2006, 10:49:29 PM »
me too ;D that is lie :rotfl:
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 10:52:10 PM by Compre »

TrinInfinite

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2006, 10:51:03 PM »
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Honestly ah cyar stop laffing

truetrini really tell meh he had a rooney doll on he pulpit  ;D

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2006, 12:42:19 AM »
Teacha Percy say if yuh tell a lie

Yuh going tuh hell as soon as yuh dieeeeeee 

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2006, 01:41:31 AM »
The daily star is the lowest newspaper in Britain, it is the British equivalent to the national enquirer. You know the normal stories like aliens abducted me and my caravan sort of stuff. The only good thing about it is the half naked women in it.
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline voodoofoo

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2006, 02:22:06 AM »
British Humour! I am very amused!  :rotfl:

Anyway, England does not need any Voodoo Treatment to tumble and fall in the World Cup  - their own stupidity is enough... as always.

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2006, 02:22:59 AM »
Voodoo warriors ???..... lol.  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2006, 05:22:24 AM »
FEE FIE FOE FUM AH SMELL DE BLOOD OF AN ENGLISH CNT

Why these flipping 'batty' men  does write such rubbish? The ignorance of ascribing  the practice of 'voodoo' is outlandish, preposterous and simply a miscarriage of uninformed writers.

This article is another 'colonial' myopic attempt to denegrade, dismiss and erase our accomplishments. Our succcess must be contingent on  external forces as oppose to ability in so far that this writer is concern. If  England falters and falls prey to us, then  it must be that the 'Gods' have whirled some ill fated winds and that the evil empire have stuck back.

The 'rubbish' of this reporting is another  cheap and  ethnocentric ploy to  sell papers but to create a loss sense of 'superority' by a once colonial massa!!!

p.s. could someone tell this writer is  'obeah' NOT VOODOO

and by the way that writer could haul he mudda C.NTRY.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 05:50:44 AM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2006, 06:11:13 AM »
fren I just tell you that the daily sport is in the same league as the National enquirer is not like it was in the times. They always writing stuff like that, no one buys that newspaper for the articles ! you gone venting off about colonial stuff
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2006, 06:58:19 AM »
What the arse is dis I reading in true!

First we supposedly have a spirit with we side name JUMBINHO

now we wukking obeah on the English.

They does really try to portray we as primitive beings out here yes.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2006, 06:59:37 AM »
I am not amused one bit..
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2006, 07:17:59 AM »
I am not amused one bit..

same here...... >:( HYMC!!
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2006, 07:29:29 AM »
VOODOO WARRIORS?
Lasana Liburd
Tuesday, March 28th 2006

The Star also claimed that "the voodoo curses are hot topics on unofficial internet message boards about the team", which is also unfounded.

Voodoo? We dont need no Voodoo NEGRO PLEASE!!! If we goin to whup your ARSE we goin to WHUP YOUR ARSE FAIR AND SQUARE TRINI STYLE!

Alyuh recognize is we dem talking bout. We de official unofficial message board dey talking bout.... What de hell going on
Tallest Fles Palos how are we going to respond to this..

Ah: we needs tuh let them know we don't deal wid voodo is obeah in dey kut tun tut tun

Ah go start wid de rain dance

hay yah hay yah hay yah hay.. woi woi voo voo :rotfl:

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2006, 07:32:34 AM »
the voodoo man tell me...he have meh name in de cemetery ....he put meh family against me....just so....

name de singer ????     f#ck off england
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Johpants

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2006, 07:42:16 AM »
Brigo. What ah winning? A ticket to the upcoming show? :D

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2006, 08:54:38 AM »
lol....keep in touch girl....we could work it out
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2006, 09:43:24 AM »
allyah...listen to superoli nah. why get worked up about something that is absolute rubbish and that is printed in a tabloid that the British themselves consider pure nonsense. it certainly uncool and should be ignored. i know most of the responses are just kix....but the few of us who are actually outraged are sounding like the kind of idiots the tabloid is purposefully trying to rile up. some of us eh looking too smart at all

Offline Augi

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2006, 09:47:57 AM »
People, these shady "newspapers" print outlandish stories like this, to get just the kind of reaction people exhibiting on this message board.Ignoring this garbage article will be the correct response.Why Lasana waste  his excellent writing ability to comment on it?... I will never know.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2006, 10:00:00 AM »
dem men making excuses already boy ??? dey ent have no confidence in dey team or wha? :rotfl: well now self is licks.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

1]; } ?>