April 19, 2024, 01:40:15 AM

Author Topic: Juve vs Arsenal  (Read 2913 times)

Offline shivadee

• Full Warrior
  • There is only ONE number 7. And its worn in Trini
    • View Profile
Juve vs Arsenal
« on: March 27, 2006, 07:44:27 PM »
Who watching ??
South Florida men who cant see it hit mih up a PM or on MSN and we can organise. I just order Setanta JUST for that match. Buss a lime an ting

All i hadda say is

Isaachunt

Re: Juve vs Arsenal
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 08:28:35 PM »
 Henry is a boss ;D He will do to Juventus what he do to Real Madrid

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
Reports out of UEFA site
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 10:30:22 AM »
JUST ANOTHER GAME FOR VIEIRA
[/b][/size]

Patrick Vieira's first return to Highbury since joining Juventus did not quite go as planned. Juve had missed their flight from Turin, and his visit to the stadium where he made his name was fleeting. Training at the ground was cancelled. Vieira would have to wait until the day of the match to take his first steps back on the Highbury turf. Dressed in the blue tracksuit of the Italian champions, Vieira sat alongside Fabio Capello, fielding questions from the press in Britain for the first time since signing off as an Arsenal player with the winning penalty in the FA Cup final against Manchester United FC ten months ago. Taking his cue from his coach, Vieira gave little away. If he felt any emotion, he was not showing it.

Straight face
Any nerves? "Not at all, no. I've got enough experience to deal with that. I know how to prepare myself, I know what to expect. My only focus is the game." Emotions? "Not at all. I'm really trying to focus on the game. That is all that matters to me. The emotional side will come after the game." A slight pause when asked whether he was happy Juve had been pitted against Arsenal in the quarter-finals of the UEFA Champions League, then back to the script. "I don't know. Playing against Arsenal or any other team is just the same. What is important is to win the game and go to the next round."

FROM THE ARSENAL BENCH
[/b][/size]
TOURE LEADING THE BACK
Kolo Touré is relishing the extra responsibility that has been thrust upon him in Arsenal FC's new-look defence and is eager to test himself against another "great team" when Juventus visit Highbury in the first leg of the UEFA Champions League quarter-final tonight.

Young back four
Injuries to Sol Campbell, Lauren and Ashley Cole have meant that the Ivory Coast centre-back has been transformed from the most inexperienced member of the Arsenal back four to its elder statesman but Touré – who turned 25 on 19 March – has gone a long way towards ensuring the transition has been seamless. Indeed, so quickly have Emmanuel Eboué, Philippe Senderos and Mathieu Flamini – usually a central midfielder but forced to fill in at left-back – adjusted to life as first-team regulars that Arsenal have conceded only two goals in eight UEFA Champions League matches, the fewest of the quarter-finalists, keeping six successive clean sheets in the competition.

Clean sheets
The English club would match the feat of seven successive clean sheets recorded by AC Milan last season with another unblemished 90 minutes against Juve, but Touré acknowledges that denying the Italian side would be a considerable achievement. "I'm sure it will be a great match and I'm excited to play in it," he said. "Juventus are physically, mentally and tactically strong, and we have to respect them. They're a fantastic side, good going forward, and have a great record in the Champions League, but there's no reason for us to fear them."

'Great partnership'
Touré is only too aware of the goal threat posed by Juve's attack, even in the absence of Alessandro Del Piero, explaining: "Zlatan Ibrahimović is technically very good, while David Trezeguet doesn't get involved much but is always ready when there's a scoring chance, so they're a great partnership. However, we've done really well in Europe this season, particularly defensively, and we have to keep that going. We've got a young team and we're all keen to do our best. The injured players are a big loss, particularly Sol, but Eboué, Flamini and Senderos have come in and all shown what good players they can be. If we keep performing like we have been doing then I'm sure we'll be OK."

Can you just smell the tension in the air. Arsenal fans and Juve fans.
Touches de football obeah man says Arsenal.. what says you???

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
Re: Reports out of UEFA site
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 10:50:30 AM »

The game is upon us.

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
Halftime at highbury park
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 01:34:56 PM »
Its half time things are tense at highbury park meh heart pumping cuz ah vex
ah ain't go say de score cuz ah go get rough up but ah jes want alyuh tuh know... de match on.

Lets see it de obeah man touches predictions come through

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 02:44:16 PM »
COME ON ARSENAL!!!!!! FACKING YES!!!!!!

BRAP!! BRAP!! BRAP!! BRAP!!

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2006, 02:50:48 PM »
Just come back from a sports bar- Caribbean people jumping up as though T&t beat England

Offline dervaig

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2006, 08:09:34 PM »
Very young + Very dangerous = Arsenal!

I hope Sol Campbell never returns. The back 4 of Arsenal
is very solid, and finally Gilberto Silva is playing his role to a
'T'.

Juve, 2 reds and a yellow for Viera.
Who does Arsenal meet in the next round?

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2006, 03:03:58 AM »
Very young + Very dangerous = Arsenal!

I hope Sol Campbell never returns. The back 4 of Arsenal
is very solid, and finally Gilberto Silva is playing his role to a
'T'.

Juve, 2 reds and a yellow for Viera.
Who does Arsenal meet in the next round?

who cares .... the way them playing ...all will be defeated .... once is not Barcelona  ;D
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline scarface

• Hero Warrior
  • ultra del vicchia signora
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2006, 03:32:26 AM »
the tie only half way done.  >:(

lions den for assenal next week 4-1 juve

1]; } ?>