April 25, 2024, 09:16:47 AM

Author Topic: Doubters beware!!!  (Read 6273 times)

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Doubters beware!!!
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2006, 01:29:07 PM »
A great player puts in a good performance 9 out of 10 games. Ronaldo does it 1 out of 10 at the moment.

He either needs to find his form soon and put in 20 world class performances on the trot, or as far as I'm concerned, he is past it.

amazing in his day though.

Big talk...'past it' is a little bit extreme for someone who has scored double figures during an injury-plagued season that has so far been considered below par. 2 goals in his last 2 games...standing ovation form the Madrid fans last weeekend. Guarantee you that no coach in his right mind thinks the fatman is past it if they meet Brazil in the WC. England would be pretty happy not to have to face him...yuh don't think?

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2006, 02:55:52 PM »
A great player puts in a good performance 9 out of 10 games. Ronaldo does it 1 out of 10 at the moment.

He either needs to find his form soon and put in 20 world class performances on the trot, or as far as I'm concerned, he is past it.

Big talk...'past it' is a little bit extreme for someone who has scored double figures during an injury-plagued season that has so far been considered below par. 2 goals in his last 2 games...standing ovation form the Madrid fans last weeekend. Guarantee you that no coach in his right mind thinks the fatman is past it if they meet Brazil in the WC. England would be pretty happy not to have to face him...yuh don't think?

I don't doubt his ability, but i question his work rate.

I'd rather England didn't have to face him of course, but if he plays for Brazil like he played against Arsenal, then he is nothing to worry about.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2006, 03:02:23 PM »

I don't doubt his ability, but i question his work rate.

I'd rather England didn't have to face him of course, but if he plays for Brazil like he played against Arsenal, then he is nothing to worry about.

i hear ya...but his workrate wasn't the greatest in WC 2002 either.
I think as this is his last WC and he really wants that record from Muller...he will save his best for the summer

cheers

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2006, 03:38:17 PM »
Yeah I feel Ronado still have GAS in the tank and has a chip on his shoulder right now................so he would be hungry and when you have a top class striker that HUNGRY...........He go make mass, but when he buck the WARRIORS he go boil down like bhagi

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2006, 08:46:12 PM »
 What men talking about Ronaldo??? Who score in the Barca game???

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2006, 08:17:53 PM »
If R9 hit the threadmill from now till WC opener ..he'll get my bligh
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline marcel

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2006, 03:05:54 AM »

Ronaldo is still top ,but top off the world? donĀ“t think so

ronadinho,rooney,robben,henry,messi are the ones to watch

if you compare ronaldo when he played for psv/barca to ronaldo now there is a big difference.
the gap between him and romario is not that big,maybe its ROMARIOOOO
time! love to see that!

1]; } ?>