March 28, 2024, 02:03:47 PM

Author Topic: Richest athlete in T and T  (Read 21101 times)

Offline masterblaster

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Richest athlete in T and T
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2006, 01:50:57 PM »
Hold ON!!!  Is Stephen Ames even a Trinbagonian anymore?  I could have sworn I see the Canadian flag flyin after he win The Player's Championship!

Has he given up his Trini citizenship so he would not have Visa problems when entering the various tournaments in the US?

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2006, 01:55:45 PM »
Hold ON!!! Is Stephen Ames even a Trinbagonian anymore? I could have sworn I see the Canadian flag flyin after he win The Player's Championship!

Has he given up his Trini citizenship so he would not have Visa problems when entering the various tournaments in the US?

He have Dual Citizenship..

So Does Latapy..
And Yorke
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2006, 03:39:57 PM »
at the end of the day...dis is crap, cuz it doh ONLY matter how much money yuh make...is how much yuh spend. So men only looking at half the equation.

Plus...I feel big dawg getting kix off Yorke in the Malta Carib ad...athelithe?

By richest, I think he just means highest paid.......we don't know what they do with their money, so that is beyond us....

easy on Big Dawg man.........typo or not, give him a bligh

My guess is Dwight Yorke followed closely by Carlos sexy Baynes, Jimmy Farmer Joseph, Derick cornbread james and Patrick KK Joseph....

Cornbread have real CREAM especially after he get catch in the airport with all that big cocaine.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
allyuh men classic yes. Stop shittin on the poorman.
In terms of comparing lara and yorke.
Dwight had a ferrari when lara had a benz.
Dat like comparing a Sunny to a skateboard man.
None a dem have anything on Tendulkar though
I feel he blow out all a dem
Tiger woods is the biggest of all athletes though

Here is the list. Our boys not on it
http://www.forbes.com/2004/06/23/04athletesland.html

This is from '04 though

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Somebody.. this this fella that Tiger Woods and Trndulkar is NOT from T and T.. understand the concept ah the question :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Go back to school, take an english class and then start commenting on my comprehension.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
Re: Richest Athelithe in T and T
« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2006, 03:50:44 PM »

Aston Martin

Correct  ;D
Whey my prize?

Tuh get de prize ..yuh hadda answer ah skill testing question

What was de second car he buy?
Ferrari

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Richest Athelithe in T and T
« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2006, 05:36:39 PM »
With Stephen Ames winning almost 1.5 million US over the weekend. It brings an interesting question.

Who is the richest athlete in the twin island republic? Who has generated the most income in their respective carrers

Warner !

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2006, 07:56:18 PM »
LOL I would guess Yorke, but is real chupidness talkin in here on this subject. Somebody say in my "carrier" it was all downhill after 1997. Right, funny... name the last man to lead the world at 100 and 200m in the same year, now name the year....nonsense.  Which was the last year TnT bring home multiple medals from an Olympics?  Who was it ?  More nonsense - that was way after 1997.  But message boards are places for truth to come to light.  I say Dwight simply because more money in football than in cricket and track combined. Someone made a good point though.  It's not how much u made its how much u kept.  LOL I am sure Lara ent throwing Carnival party and I ent selling DVDs to make ends meet.

Here is the trap that "non-rich" people fall into all the time in judging who has $....watching house, car and that kind of stuff....the richest people I know doh scream it.  I used to in mih day cuz I was young and dumb, but trust me that is not ever a sure sign.  It might be Ames and no one would ever guess, cuz more money in golf than most sports.  I am proud to say that because of all the Trini athletes brought up, all have one thing in common - longevity.  But then any woman could tell u Trini men does go for a lonnng time.  :applause:  Girlwarrior, ladywarrior, whey all yuh?

P.S. If my movie deal gets done, this argument done.  Shhhh. :o

« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 07:58:21 PM by atoboldon »
BORN TO DO IT

Offline ladywarrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2006, 08:36:31 PM »
Mr. Boldon. I will not comment on the "longevity" you allude too. However I will wish all Trini athletes continued success. I don't care who is making the most money as long as they are keeping enough so I never see them broke. They are all our young Heros and hopefully somewhere along the way, they secured the future for themselves!
The only thing to fear is fear itself.

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2006, 08:53:51 PM »
LOL I would guess Yorke, but is real chupidness talkin in here on this subject. Somebody say in my "carrier" it was all downhill after 1997. Right, funny... name the last man to lead the world at 100 and 200m in the same year, now name the year....nonsense.  Which was the last year TnT bring home multiple medals from an Olympics?  Who was it ?  More nonsense - that was way after 1997.  But message boards are places for truth to come to light.  I say Dwight simply because more money in football than in cricket and track combined. Someone made a good point though.  It's not how much u made its how much u kept.  LOL I am sure Lara ent throwing Carnival party and I ent selling DVDs to make ends meet.

Here is the trap that "non-rich" people fall into all the time in judging who has $....watching house, car and that kind of stuff....the richest people I know doh scream it.  I used to in mih day cuz I was young and dumb, but trust me that is not ever a sure sign.  It might be Ames and no one would ever guess, cuz more money in golf than most sports.  I am proud to say that because of all the Trini athletes brought up, all have one thing in common - longevity.  But then any woman could tell u Trini men does go for a lonnng time.  :applause:  Girlwarrior, ladywarrior, whey all yuh?

Well people, you heard it from the horse's mouth, as they would say.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #68 on: March 29, 2006, 11:07:38 PM »

P.S. If my movie deal gets done, this argument done.   Shhhh. :o

oh thats gunna make you look better... no wonder yuh join UNC.

since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline BigToe

• Hero Warrior
  • Laaaaard, ah cyan take it no more
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 30, 2006, 01:51:03 AM »

Little boy, ya fadda never teach ya to shut up when big men talking.

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2006, 06:26:54 AM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: This Panel is the greatest....
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 30, 2006, 08:01:48 AM »

That was uncalled for
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 30, 2006, 08:20:52 AM »
LOL  :rotfl: :rotfl:
BORN TO DO IT

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 30, 2006, 08:42:11 AM »
These days, I trying to read and not post..too many silly topics.  Anyay, this topic is one of the worst i have seen.  Is true that this forum is an opportunity to express one's opinion but at the end of the day some of the questions ppl ask, there is no way to know for sure what the correct answer is.....i.e. this topic.

this topic does not make sense for 3 reasons....
1) who cares ( i could understand this as a rumshop topic..when man drunk or smoke they talk about all kinda stuff).
2) there is no way to know the answer to this question unless yorke, ames, lara, and ato tell us their net worth (that aint go happen..tinidad have a better chance of winning the WC than that happening)
3) simply looking at how much money someone makes cannot determine who is the richest...as a forumite quite rightly said...it is not who make the most but who kept the most.

I am surprised Ato responded to this topic but i guess he got tired of the $hit posts.

Just my humble opinion.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 30, 2006, 08:47:33 AM »

I notice this youthman like to cuss ppl on de board and ting.  Although ppl will always disagree and there will be times when things get a little heated...however, i am totally against cussing.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2006, 08:48:21 AM »
Anyay, this topic is one of the worst i have seen. 

I respectfully disagree. I actually thought it was a very thought provoking topic

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 30, 2006, 09:02:03 AM »
Anyay, this topic is one of the worst i have seen. 

I respectfully disagree. I actually thought it was a very thought provoking topic

I understand your point of view...it is definitely thought provoking but my reason for my comment is that i am a very analytical person.  I operate based on facts and figures...true there is information on these guys income, endorsements but on the other hand there is no way for us to know hom much money they have spent on stuff that cannot be classified as an asset.  We don't know how much liabilities they have.  While it is possible and it appears that Yorke earned the most, it is also possible that Ames is the richest.

Just my humble opinion.

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2006, 09:11:17 AM »
Everyone is surely entitled to make their own opinion. It’s a free world...

If anyone thinks that this or any other topic is a silly... I have one suggestion 'JUST DON'T REPLY' 

If one “youth man” decides to be disrespectful to older men and national icons. Please do not blame it on the topic...
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2006, 09:11:46 AM »

I understand your point of view...it is definitely thought provoking but my reason for my comment is that i am a very analytical person.  I operate based on facts and figures...true there is information on these guys income, endorsements but on the other hand there is no way for us to know hom much money they have spent on stuff that cannot be classified as an asset.  We don't know how much liabilities they have.  While it is possible and it appears that Yorke earned the most, it is also possible that Ames is the richest.

Just my humble opinion.

Fair enough, and I agree that we will probably never have a definitive answer or ranking.  :beermug: :beermug:

And if nothing else, this thread provided us with this:

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2006, 09:35:00 AM »

.., no horrors ah sure by now yuh relize is jus lil fun man chookin here, 90% ah de thread was chupid talk
Anybody wit half ah brain would realize dem dvd sales is just couch change to you or dat lara fete is not income

As for man dat does watch bling ting...yuh only hadda see de regular car dat warren buffet or lawrence duprey does drive to knowdat people wit serious money doh flash it

However as ah gearhead...I real glad to see dat it actually have Trinis like you and Yorke who could walk into a Ferrari dealership and say "yeah ah go tek DAT one"... few people world wide can

Anyway...under all de ole talk, sway to de M6 or ah mercS65 because.........
http://members.roadfly.com/thedue/5SeriesFun.jpg

« Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 01:58:35 PM by Dutty »
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 30, 2006, 09:49:19 AM »

If anyone thinks that this or any other topic is a silly... I have one suggestion 'JUST DON'T REPLY' 

If one “youth man” decides to be disrespectful to older men and national icons. Please do not blame it on the topic...

I agree with just don't reply...regarding the youthman..i have seen him cuss on several other threads...but he is young so stuff like that happens..we have all done shit when we were young so i am not syaing he is a bad person but at the same time all forumites should be repsected regardless of age, sex, or length of membership.

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 30, 2006, 10:01:08 AM »

I agree with just don't reply...regarding the youthman..i have seen him cuss on several other threads...but he is young so stuff like that happens..we have all done shit when we were young so i am not syaing he is a bad person but at the same time all forumites should be repsected regardless of age, sex, or length of membership.

Tell that "yuteman" to apologize to Mr. Boldon
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2006, 10:02:51 AM »
Tell that "yuteman" to apologize to Mr. Boldon

;D

Jefferz say sorry
 :rotfl:

Doh study if Small mag go laugh at yuh    :devil:

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 30, 2006, 04:24:21 PM »
NO apology necessary or expected.  Young people is my constituents. LOL. Plus the post really made him look stupid.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2006, 05:18:45 PM »
NO apology necessary or expected.  Young people is my constituents. LOL. Plus the post really made him look stupid.

Nice to see you looking out for your constituents already ....  ;D

Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2006, 07:11:02 PM »
LOL I would guess Yorke

But you could have fixed that if you went to the Commonwealth Games (on a one off sponsorship stunt thing).  Because that had the be the slowest set of 100 meters sprinters I have ever seen in my life!  You could have run a 10.53 and still win and make as set of money.

Anyway... enough chipid talk for me. ;D

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2006, 07:16:41 PM »
i suppose... i just really doh like de UNC... i was uncalled for... i do apologize... Sir.

I still do respect all your achievements and al the pride you have brought to us all.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 30, 2006, 07:18:14 PM »
i suppose... i just really doh like de UNC... i was uncalled for... i do apologize... Sir.

I still do respect all your achievements and al the pride you have brought to us all.

it take a big man to apologize.  well done Jefferz.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 30, 2006, 07:21:24 PM »
Yes I will give to Yorke, he was caught on the M50 in a Ferarri Modena, and he does have a mansion. but his career is almost over and Ames still have the senior PGA tour to look forward to and he has a restaurant.

I was reading the newspaper after Ames won, and they said he may never make it to the Senior PGA tour so that is very unlikely. Remember Yorke got paid in lbs, all the others  recieved U.S. with the exception of when Ato races in Europe, and when Lara plays in England. Even if Frankie Boodram had 10 million TT$ he still cannot get in there.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 30, 2006, 07:33:04 PM »
As the starter of this topic let me just clear up some issues:

Thanks to the "Yuteman" for the apology. You seem to have a lot of common sence and I hope you put it to good use in the future and stop cussing men on the panel.

Thanks to Ato for giving his sentiments and opinions. I know it was not easy to post on an “iffy” topic like this that included your name jumping up all the time.

And to the haters who said that this is the worst topic they ever saw on this website

Check this out… 90 replies and counting

Go Soca Warriors
 :applause:
We'll be back...
I don't know when

1]; } ?>