April 28, 2024, 05:52:24 PM

Author Topic: The Brits are crying Obeah  (Read 3884 times)

Offline Behbehman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
The Brits are crying Obeah
« on: March 28, 2006, 06:00:46 PM »
I read today that a news paper in the UK has accused the SOCAWARRIORS of practicing obeah to destabilized them and win matches.  I want to know the views of my brethren on this website. It is quite possible that many Brits as well as Germans are still very superstitious.  Remember Hitler used necromancy and clairvoyants to fight his war. What does this irresponsible editor take us for? If we have Orisha (Shango) and Obeah as part of our societal underpinnings it's only a matter of culture. What do the Brits have? Colonial masters (plantocrats) charged an imprisoned the descendants of African slaves in Trinidad for beating their drums...relentless as they were, Trinidadians have survived the worst treatment...but lo and behold the steelpan was born and is now a shining example of resistance and resilience in the face of repression! The brits were probably astonished to see T&T in the 2006 World Cup Finals...and they are probably afraid of the SOCAWARRIORS...they are probably looking for an excuse when we dish it out...I eh have mice in mih pocket buh ah right dey brethren.  Is ah lil while now I eh knock on the site...buh ah survive the winter so far in Minot, ND. Leh mih know how we should address this first "onslaught" by the Brits. :duel:

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
Re: The Brits are crying Obeah
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 06:01:28 PM »
stewpsssssss... this rubbish is disgusting...

since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 06:04:15 PM »
is a racial scene

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 06:06:24 PM »
ah go start wityh de rain dance

Hey YA hey YA hey Ya hey YA :devil:

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 09:53:56 PM »
Its amazing 2006 and with all the technology and awareness of the world and the Brits still don't understand us.Dey probable feel we part of Jamaica.

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 10:06:05 PM »
Who here can say for certain that this story is absolutely untrue?

You really think that the people who involved with Obeah (obeahmen?) just going let sit by and do nothing?!

Please.

:rotfl:

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2006, 02:57:50 AM »
If you could provide a link to the story, maybe i would be able to understand what the hell you are on about, then maybe give an English perspective?

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2006, 05:48:47 AM »
OK, read it now.

This is probably the first time an article in the daily star has ever been taken seriously. They have probably found someone who is willing to give them a story for a few quid and the chance to have his picture in a daily newspaper (for want of a better term).

You may be surprised how good the average Brits knowledge of the caribean actually is, I mean we all listen to Bob Marley and I've even seen the film Cool Runnings  :rotfl:

Don't get so het up about an article in a shitty tabloid :beermug:

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2006, 05:52:10 AM »
OK, read it now.

This is probably the first time an article in the daily star has ever been taken seriously. They have probably found someone who is willing to give them a story for a few quid and the chance to have his picture in a daily newspaper (for want of a better term).

You may be surprised how good the average Brits knowledge of the caribean actually is, I mean we all listen to Bob Marley and I've even seen the film Cool Runnings  :rotfl:

hmmmm.. do you guys still eat fish n chips in news papers?  ;D ;D
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2006, 06:55:27 AM »
OK, read it now.

Certainly do old chap  ;)

dtruth does offend

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2006, 08:48:21 AM »
I read today that a news paper in the UK has accused the SOCAWARRIORS of practicing obeah to destabilized them and win matches.  I want to know the views of my brethren on this website. It is quite possible that many Brits as well as Germans are still very superstitious.  Remember Hitler used necromancy and clairvoyants to fight his war. What does this irresponsible editor take us for? If we have Orisha (Shango) and Obeah as part of our societal underpinnings it's only a matter of culture. What do the Brits have? Colonial masters (plantocrats) charged an imprisoned the descendants of African slaves in Trinidad for beating their drums...relentless as they were, Trinidadians have survived the worst treatment...but lo and behold the steelpan was born and is now a shining example of resistance and resilience in the face of repression! The brits were probably astonished to see T&T in the 2006 World Cup Finals...and they are probably afraid of the SOCAWARRIORS...they are probably looking for an excuse when we dish it out...I eh have mice in mih pocket buh ah right dey brethren.  Is ah lil while now I eh knock on the site...buh ah survive the winter so far in Minot, ND. Leh mih know how we should address this first "onslaught" by the Brits. :duel:

ah aint believe this
yuh lying to we my youte?
send we d link
let we see if yuh aint misinterpret nothing
send it

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2006, 09:07:42 AM »

ah aint believe this
send we d link
send it

Oh gorm starr...superoli don tell allyuh is ah imps tabloid dat run de story
De kinda paper dat does ha headline like "Martians impregnated me with 3 babies" and dem kinda chupidness

Dais ting to laugh off .....if man still vex,, sen de editor some ah picture of ah ladiablesse and done
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2006, 09:27:25 AM »
I read today that a news paper in the UK has accused the SOCAWARRIORS of practicing obeah to destabilized them and win matches. I want to know the views of my brethren on this website. It is quite possible that many Brits as well as Germans are still very superstitious. Remember Hitler used necromancy and clairvoyants to fight his war. What does this irresponsible editor take us for? If we have Orisha (Shango) and Obeah as part of our societal underpinnings it's only a matter of culture. What do the Brits have? Colonial masters (plantocrats) charged an imprisoned the descendants of African slaves in Trinidad for beating their drums...relentless as they were, Trinidadians have survived the worst treatment...but lo and behold the steelpan was born and is now a shining example of resistance and resilience in the face of repression! The brits were probably astonished to see T&T in the 2006 World Cup Finals...and they are probably afraid of the SOCAWARRIORS...they are probably looking for an excuse when we dish it out...I eh have mice in mih pocket buh ah right dey brethren. Is ah lil while now I eh knock on the site...buh ah survive the winter so far in Minot, ND. Leh mih know how we should address this first "onslaught" by the Brits. :duel:

nah boss....are you really serious? you actually trying to concoct some sort of British general sentiment about T&T based on this nonsense article in a shite tabloid that not a  single person on the planet takes seriously? Is like reading the National Enquirer boss......PLUS, yuh late...dis one done get post and transcend into one of the most dotish threads in a while. Second...get over yuhself...how yuh go take a tabloid article and talk as if this have anything to do with overall British sentiment about T&T? Trust me...the idiot who wrote this article eh sayin' nutten about what the English team or its general public think about their chances against the socawarriors...If anything...thye not even studying us (which I like jes fine) Third...yuh want to lambast British ignorance yet yuh gone and post some ignorance yuhself about the British. Come nah man...ah know we could come more correct than this

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2006, 10:22:38 AM »
it doh have de ink eh!
is plain paper
dat is de sweetest way to eat fish an chips

Almost as good as Curried Crab and Dumplings (From Store Bay of course)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2006, 12:44:41 PM »
it doh have de ink eh!
is plain paper
dat is de sweetest way to eat fish an chips

Almost as good as Curried Crab and Dumplings (From Store Bay of course)
is curry crab and dumbplin. ;D
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 01:06:26 PM by capodetutticapi »
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Behbehman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2006, 12:57:35 PM »

ah aint believe this
send we d link
send it

VOODOO WARRIORS?
Trinidad & Tobago Express, Trinidad and Tobago - Mar 27, 2006
... The Daily Star-which is not one of Britain's more respected sources of news-further suggested that T&T successfully used voodoo in their 4-0 World Cup

Offline Behbehman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2006, 01:04:05 PM »
I read today that a news paper in the UK has accused the SOCAWARRIORS of practicing obeah to destabilized them and win matches. I want to know the views of my brethren on this website. It is quite possible that many Brits as well as Germans are still very superstitious. Remember Hitler used necromancy and clairvoyants to fight his war. What does this irresponsible editor take us for? If we have Orisha (Shango) and Obeah as part of our societal underpinnings it's only a matter of culture. What do the Brits have? Colonial masters (plantocrats) charged an imprisoned the descendants of African slaves in Trinidad for beating their drums...relentless as they were, Trinidadians have survived the worst treatment...but lo and behold the steelpan was born and is now a shining example of resistance and resilience in the face of repression! The brits were probably astonished to see T&T in the 2006 World Cup Finals...and they are probably afraid of the SOCAWARRIORS...they are probably looking for an excuse when we dish it out...I eh have mice in mih pocket buh ah right dey brethren. Is ah lil while now I eh knock on the site...buh ah survive the winter so far in Minot, ND. Leh mih know how we should address this first "onslaught" by the Brits. :duel:

nah boss....are you really serious? you actually trying to concoct some sort of British general sentiment about T&T based on this nonsense article in a shite tabloid that not a  single person on the planet takes seriously? Is like reading the National Enquirer boss......PLUS, yuh late...dis one done get post and transcend into one of the most dotish threads in a while. Second...get over yuhself...how yuh go take a tabloid article and talk as if this have anything to do with overall British sentiment about T&T? Trust me...the idiot who wrote this article eh sayin' nutten about what the English team or its general public think about their chances against the socawarriors...If anything...thye not even studying us (which I like jes fine) Third...yuh want to lambast British ignorance yet yuh gone and post some ignorance yuhself about the British. Come nah man...ah know we could come more correct than this

Ah like dat breds...yuh begging now for the Brits and dem...Check out the T&T Express for the story...Do you know anything about how the "press" operates...90% rumour...10% truth. Ah know dat they eh studying we...until the worst happens.  Mexico never thought dat T&T could win...they never thought dat we could put up ah fight...Tell me sah, what the hell the British ever do fuh we than tuh suck we eye? Where ignorance is bliss tis folly to be wise.

1]; } ?>