0 (0%)
Dean Pacheco
0 (0%)
Kelvin Jones
0 (0%)
Other
3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Local coach vs foreign coach.  (Read 26066 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Local coach vs foreign coach.
« on: March 05, 2005, 01:42:03 PM »
Is this a fact?

Our local coaches cannot compete consistently against any successful coach that comes from a country with a professional league. There may be an exception here or there, but basically I haven't really seen a coach come out of a third world country/ no professional league country and compete consistently against even the mediocre of the foriegn professional coaches. Bottom line on this is when a coach has a certain level of accountability for winning and losing and it impacts not only his bottom line but the existence of the club then this cauldron of competition produces a superior coach.

The coach at Joe Public or Harbor View may all be great guys with great football knowledge but they are still playing in a puppy league,. I believe it is imperative that the best young coaches from Trinidad and Ja have to go out and get some experience in say even a Mexican league, English 1st division, MLS and be successful at the helm for a period of time, then theese guys can qualify to coach a national team.

The same is true for our ballas, every yardman (Jakan) believes that for every UB40 on the team, that the local bred players are superior, not even the actual performnace on the field ever changes that perception, we see time and again that the main force in Jamaica wins are the foreign based players who bring a whole different attitude to ball,m it is not about no star, as Ja has no star balla, I haven't seen one yet, but what I have seen are good players who know thier role and fit into the system well. We in Ja still have yet to see a player of the quality of Yorke and what he has done on a club level.

This is why it does burn me and others on this board that we failed to make the hex as this was our best side, the most professional and the best orgainzed side with a superior coach who taught them consistently about keeping the shape of the defence and a style of play that made them very competitive, and its importance in defending and letting the opposing team do the work to win the game vs giving the game away via mistakes which Trinidad seems to do so often, I just cannot understand how Trin gives up so many home goals vs US and Mexico, it must be a lack of discipline and organization overall. The main reason the Jakan team won the Digi cup in my mind was the application of what Laza was preaching and Downwell has taken up from the defensive end and the inclusion of the MLS players on the side, without that we would have probably lost every game in my opinion and in truth we really didn't win convincingly from all the reports.

That is why I think it is critical that Ja field their best side at the Gold cup and we continue to develop the style and form of play which we developed prior to the Hex, it is probably the most crucial thing to get the continuity from the Laza era, the team must do it's best and the style must be established now with this team and continued to the next Gold Cup in 2007, if we can do that then we can filter in the youth movement 2006-2008 and carve out our place in the 2010 Cup.

Forward

« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 07:17:35 AM by Flex »

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Local Coaches
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 04:50:03 PM »
Lets open a discussion on the local coaches
OK so everybody is talking about the foreign vs the local coaches and who has been overlooked and so on. .
OK so we have Bertille at Coaching school in the Tobago Football League.. What about Gally, Edgar Vidall and Alvin Corneal of years gone bye. Where are they what are they doing. And well of course there are the 10 coaching the PFL but what about the rest? Who are we to look to as future national coaches ?

1. Who are the local coaches that are supposed to be the most qialified. the better coaches?

2. Where are they and what are they doing? 
Are they coaching or just doing what we are doing being armchair or keyboard coaches?
Are they coaching full time or just weekend coachimg like a coaching school ?

We talking about database for players but what about one for coaches.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: Is this a fact?
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 10:28:39 AM »
Our local coaches cannot compete consistently against any successful coach that comes from a country with a professional league. There may be an exception here or there, but basically I haven't really seen a coach come out of a third world country/ no professional league country and compete consistently against even the mediocre of the foriegn professional coaches. Bottom line on this is when a coach has a certain level of accountability for winning and losing and it impacts not only his bottom line but the existence of the club then this cauldron of competition produces a superior coach.

The coach at Joe Public or Harbor View may all be great guys with great football knowledge but they are still playing in a puppy league,. I believe it is imperative that the best young coaches from Trinidad and Ja have to go out and get some experience in say even a Mexican league, English 1st division, MLS and be successful at the helm for a period of time, then theese guys can qualify to coach a national team.

The same is true for our ballas, every yardman (Jakan) believes that for every UB40 on the team, that the local bred players are superior, not even the actual performnace on the field ever changes that perception, we see time and again that the main force in Jamaica wins are the foreign based players who bring a whole different attitude to ball,m it is not about no star, as Ja has no star balla, I haven't seen one yet, but what I have seen are good players who know thier role and fit into the system well. We in Ja still have yet to see a player of the quality of Yorke and what he has done on a club level.

This is why it does burn me and others on this board that we failed to make the hex as this was our best side, the most professional and the best orgainzed side with a superior coach who taught them consistently about keeping the shape of the defence and a style of play that made them very competitive, and its importance in defending and letting the opposing team do the work to win the game vs giving the game away via mistakes which Trinidad seems to do so often, I just cannot understand how Trin gives up so many home goals vs US and Mexico, it must be a lack of discipline and organization overall. The main reason the Jakan team won the Digi cup in my mind was the application of what Laza was preaching and Downwell has taken up from the defensive end and the inclusion of the MLS players on the side, without that we would have probably lost every game in my opinion and in truth we really didn't win convincingly from all the reports.

That is why I think it is critical that Ja field their best side at the Gold cup and we continue to develop the style and form of play which we developed prior to the Hex, it is probably the most crucial thing to get the continuity from the Laza era, the team must do it's best and the style must be established now with this team and continued to the next Gold Cup in 2007, if we can do that then we can filter in the youth movement 2006-2008 and carve out our place in the 2010 Cup.

Forward

Hey A.B.Trini, you obvious copied above post from the Yardy board.

Do you remember who was the poster? It makes a lot of sense still!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Who is de best coach in T&T right now.
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 05:12:09 AM »
I am disappointed in Terry Fenwick, he was out coach by shitsnake Angus Eve more times this season and they have about de same class of players, Central might have de edge on talented players though. Terry brings two things to the league, he gets the players to be organise and discipline, but his technical game is to defensive and relies to much on counter attack defend for your life football. So he is good and bad. Having him as a coach is good to help defensive players and team system, but he needs help going forward. The players are more afraid of him than his game.

Stuart Charles seem to have lost it but coming to de end of de season he seem to have got it right, I hope he do good in the CCL. W Connection plays the best football in T&T. They  should bring back a few Brazilian players to T&T because they bring passion to the league. Players from the Caribbean is basically stale but Colombians and Brazilians will make people want to see them.

Ross Russell is the worst coach in the league. I saw a few games this season and Defence Force plays a very stagnant type of football and only fitness, muscles and a few decent individual players does really help them play. They play a kick and hope type of football like we national team play, de defenders just kicking out to the one forward who always looses the ball. De strange thing is, anyone who got train by the TTFF (Corneal) coach the same way. Kick up the ball with no sense and organization and eliminate de midfielders. Ross have the best team (not the best coach team) because they are soldiers, they are fully paid and back by de T&T government and they are always fit and strong, so he have an advantage, I would like to see him coach a team like Caledonia or Rangers and you will see his flaws. He was beated like a bandit with we under 20 team and got eliminated from in de Caribbean Cup with Defence Force in Guyana too.

Jerry Moe is doing good for Caledonia since Shabazz left him incharge and move to TD, Caledonia play decent but still lacking simply common sense passing and defending. They will not go far in the CCL if they qualify.

Angus Eve is doing a decent job, he leart a lot from coaching T&T. Once he fixes his McComie attitude he will do better. De problem with local coaches is, they want everything and feel they know everything, like they reach, they not willing to learn or elevate themselves.

De rest of them coaches is just doing they thing, the players play the way they are being coach, doh care, slow and with no urgency.

We need men like Yorke, Latapy, Lawrence, Haynes, Hart, etc... to come back to T&T and coach pro league teams, it would help a lot. This is a good place for them to start and it will also attract better players to the league.

The local coaches dont push they self to be better coaches, they to stagnant in T&T. De culture of our coaches and players must be changed for our football to grow, we cannot have stagnant people incharge because it will stun the growth of our football.

Lets see if Sheldon Phillips can get Liverpool and Tottenham to visit T&T for preseason.

And what is Hutson Charles doing on the days when we have no football, shouldn't these guys use this long time off to improve themselves as coaches or is Shabazz coaching clinic good enough. What a good job to have, T&T have a game every two months and one month if we lucky and these men just bathing in Maracas on they off days like indians in cora.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 05:49:30 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Who is de best coach in T&T right now.
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 06:26:46 AM »
I am disappointed in Terry Fenwick, he was out coach by shitsnake Angus Eve more times this season and they have about de same class of players, Central might have de edge on talented players though. Terry brings two things to the league, he gets the players to be organise and discipline, but his technical game is to defensive and relies to much on counter attack defend for your life football. So he is good and bad. Having him as a coach is good to help defensive players and team system, but he needs help going forward. The players are more afraid of him than his game.

Stuart Charles seem to have lost it but coming to de end of de season he seem to have got it right, I hope he do good in the CCL. W Connection plays the best football in T&T. They  should bring back a few Brazilian players to T&T because they bring passion to the league. Players from the Caribbean is basically stale but Colombians and Brazilians will make people want to see them.

Ross Russell is the worst coach in the league. I saw a few games this season and Defence Force plays a very stagnant type of football and only fitness, muscles and a few decent individual players does really help them play. They play a kick and hope type of football like we national team play, de defenders just kicking out to the one forward who always looses the ball. De strange thing is, anyone who got train by the TTFF (Corneal) coach the same way. Kick up the ball with no sense and organization and eliminate de midfielders. Ross have the best team (not the best coach team) because they are soldiers, they are fully paid and back by de T&T government and they are always fit and strong, so he have an advantage, I would like to see him coach a team like Caledonia or Rangers and you will see his flaws. He was beated like a bandit with we under 20 team and got eliminated from in de Caribbean Cup with Defence Force in Guyana too.

Jerry Moe is doing good for Caledonia since Shabazz left him incharge and move to TD, Caledonia play decent but still lacking simply common sense passing and defending. They will not go far in the CCL if they qualify.

Angus Eve is doing a decent job, he leart a lot from coaching T&T. Once he fixes his McComie attitude he will do better. De problem with local coaches is, they want everything and feel they know everything, like they reach, they not willing to learn or elevate themselves.

De rest of them coaches is just doing they thing, the players play the way they are being coach, doh care, slow and with no urgency.

We need men like Yorke, Latapy, Lawrence, Haynes, Hart, etc... to come back to T&T and coach pro league teams, it would help a lot. This is a good place for them to start and it will also attract better players to the league.

The local coaches dont push they self to be better coaches, they to stagnant in T&T. De culture of our coaches and players must be changed for our football to grow, we cannot have stagnant people incharge because it will stun the growth of our football.

Lets see if Sheldon Phillips can get Liverpool and Tottenham to visit T&T for preseason.

And what is Hutson Charles doing on the days when we have no football, shouldn't these guys use this long time off to improve themselves as coaches or is Shabazz coaching clinic good enough. What a good job to have, T&T have a game every two months and one month if we lucky and these men just bathing in Maracas on they off days like indians in cora.

Hmmm...not sure about that Sam. On paper, North East have the best squad in the league, player for player.
In the two games that North East beat Central 1-0, Central simply failed to score while enjoying massive possession, dominating the second halves.
I wouldn't consider this great coaching by Angus, more like poor finishing by Central's players.

Regarding Spurs and Liverpool, any body could bring them to T&T. All you need to do is pay them millions of £'s and build some decent pitches and training surfaces (our stadium fields generally MAY pass for training fields for these clubs)

We really need clubs who would realistically get our players into UK football.

I have been putting together a pre season tournament with several British clubs interested. Pro League are supporting it, Corneal is supporting it, but still need to find 50% of the funding. 

Also been looking at bringing over a Nottm Forest youth coach to do some sessions with our youths and our coaches.

We have the links......as usual, it's the funding that's the problem!!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 06:46:43 AM »
So run your proposal by de chupid minister of f00cking sports then ?

And yuh think about this. We need men like Yorke, Latapy, Lawrence, Haynes, Hart, etc... to come back to T&T and coach pro league teams, it would help a lot. This is a good place for them to start and it will also attract better players to the league.

Results win games bro, now how yuh play.

One thing about Dexter Skeene, everybody have to think and do for he and he is de CEO.

Why Sancho eh run for league CEO.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2013, 07:38:36 AM »
I see what yuh saying Sam and agree, but I cannot see see Hart, Latapy, Yorke, Lawrence etc coming T&T unless is tuh coach the MNT and they all cyah do that at the same time. Unless they getting crazy money (who paying that!) or they achieve/give-up on their career goals in foreign I doubt you will see them here fuh ah longterm stint anytime soon.

Also doh think Yorke interested in coaching at this time; the rest ah also think is more of a international resume thing, coming to T&T won't help that regardless of local success. Unless they was tuh win the Concacaf Champions League no foreign club would give ah SH*t about what they achieve in the Pro-League.

As fuh Fenwick, any old school poster from the Marc Purcell days would know my opinion from when Fenwich first came tuh T&T so ah won't rehash. Suffice tuh say I don't think he is anything special. I can't knock him too much as unlike some rumours i hear about the local coaches he doh seem to tolerate much nonsense or slackness from his players. He is competent at the proleague level, seems consistently professional in his approach (again, not always the case with some of our local based) and helped many players get the oppertunity fuh contracts abroad, can't knock him fuh that.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2013, 08:09:44 AM »
I hear than Rodney

Central F.C - North East Stars

Marvin Phillip - Cleon John
Keion Goodridge - Kennedy Hinkson
Corneal Thomas - Kareem Moses
Akeem Adams - Kevon Villaroel
Kelvin Smith - Elton John
Marc Leslie - Akiel Guevara
Marvin Oliver - Elijah Manners
Anthony Wolfe - Jean-Luc Rochford
Keron Cummings - Keryn Navarro
Hayden Tinto - Micah Lewis
Omar Charles - Jeromie Williams
Carey Harris - Kaashif Thomas
Rondell Winchester - Gary Glasgow
Peter Byers - Cornell Glen
Darryl Trim - Marcus Gomez
Adrian Noel - Keithy Simpson
Jason Marcano - Glenton Wolfe
Darren Mitchell - Jayson Joseph
Hector Sam - Kerry Baptiste
Rennie Britto - Kaashif Thomas

Extra players

Cyrano Glen -
Weslie John -
Johan Peltier - Neveal Hackshaw
Tyrone Charles - Not sure if he still there
Sayid Freitas - Not sure if he still there
Kevaughn Connell - Not sure if he still there
Fabien Lewis - Had him for some time, same with Anthony Wolfe

Me eh picking on meh boy FS eh, but de teams look pretty even or evenly matched.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 08:14:03 AM by Sam »

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2013, 08:29:09 AM »
I like this discusion.

Terry Fenwick = $50,000 a month
Angus Eve = $20,000 a month

Maybe Central is spending to much on their staffs.

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2013, 09:47:17 AM »
I like this discusion.

Terry Fenwick = $50,000 a month
Angus Eve = $20,000 a month

Maybe Central is spending to much on their staffs.

Angus is a good assistant coach.. nothing more

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2013, 11:28:28 AM »
The best coach says he has been blacklisted........Gally

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2013, 09:57:41 PM »
I am the best Trinidadian coach on planet earth.

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2013, 02:49:00 AM »
I am the best Trinidadian coach on planet earth.

lol yea sure u are ... eddie hart level

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2013, 07:43:18 AM »
None ,with my ever blossoming golden generation none would be professional enough for these kids .

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2013, 08:32:57 AM »
I like Derek King, he does not get the respect he deserve.

Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2013, 05:28:13 AM »

LOCAL - They badmind, they vindictive, they suck up, they bias, they do not stand up for their rights, they scared of the TTFF, they hate foreign players, they cannot coach outside of de Caribbean, they know everything and they play a very poor and unattractive brand of kick and hope football.

Take for example, 3 possible starting players who would make a difference on the current T&T team was overlooked, Peltier, Cato and Julius.

They did not play Julius all year and when they in a deep hole, they quick to call him.

Cato playing at a higher level than half of our current team and was never even given a trial.

Peltier, who tell de local coaches to get they act together and act more professionally, he is de best player in Slovakia and they blacklist his. But yet they give Keon Daniel a bling.

De local coaches to dam badmind and it clouding they real ability to coach and in de end is only them and de team who will suffer.

You here to do a job, do it, this is not personal, do your stuff and make yourself look good.

De players dont even respect the current local coach we have.

Hutson Charles does sound illiterate, de man cant eve talk. Do you think a player who is being coach in top league and accustom being train at a high level could come back and run around cones and play skip rope all day.

Shabazz know everything. How can a big belly man who cant even run 50m train you ? Since Shabazz come to coach the de team dropped badly. Look at his record outside of the Caribbean with Guyana and Caledonia and you will find all the answers there.

Ross Russell and Angus Eve does have they team playing real poor football, you ever see Defence Force play ? only because they is soilders and they fit, other than that, they play very poor kick and hope football.

Angus Eve had a million chances with de Olympic team and FAIL, not just lost, but BEATEN and now all of a sudden he know everything.

WHat does get me mad is, when they were coach, they quiet and took everything and now they out and they mouth open wide.

If you cannot place a value on you how will you get respect ?

These local coaches keep saying we have plently good coaches is T&T, where them, who ?? de TTFF only believe in a few, Shabazz, Ross and Charles nobody else. Rougier and Marcelle is two imps, Carrington is a gun man and Latapy still in cloud 9.

FOREIGN - Totally opposite, they pick the best players available, they know how to speak to players and handle them, they play organise football and everything else a local coach isn't.

I have nothing much against local coaches, but if they want respect they have to earn it and step up and stop with the petite shit.

Do you think a foreign coach have time to come here to blacklist this one and that one, they here to do a job, thats it !!

How can Beenhakker take de same them Bertille had and qualify us for the World Cup !! Bertille had the full support from the TTFF and Jack and his team was last.

All Beenhakker did was organise our football and give the guys believe, de locals want to do everything.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 08:13:34 AM by Sam »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Local coach vs foreign coach.
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2013, 06:35:43 AM »
Good post Sam, but there's ah big ole but here!! and the but is that you are trivializing the whole issue and is cherry picking situations.

there are few misrepresentations that i think you are not aware of, yuh also trivialize the whole post which IMO you could have done much more justice.

credit to charles and shabbaz, they did ah good job with the little resources they had @ their disposal, and if they are to be replaced then they deserve @ least to be part of the coaching set up, and not totally discarded like rubbish. especially for a quick fix, to me that is the most important issue.   

any way here's ah few things yuh didn't consider, or maybe had no knowledge of.  like # one, cato not getting a look @ when he actually did, he was called for the finals in antigua but he failed to impress, and didn't make the final cut.

julius james @ the time was injured with a collapsed lung and was out for ah few months, then he was released by his team and didn't have a club for a while and just recently started getting back in the swing of things,

in the case of peltier, it was said that he fained injury quite a few times so he didn't have to play and train. remember the canada game where he went down in the first half, and when he went back to slovakia he expressed that he was taking a break from international football?

it's only when we qualified for the digicel final did he express his desire to play again, he then came back in the frey bc he was on winter break and the team was paper thin, and just when we needed him the most he went down again due to a training injury, where it was said that he fained injury again, now i don't know bout you, but if ah player faking injury bc he don't want to train and is beefing with the coaching staff, then what do we need him for? he's ah distraction!!

he's not the only big player we have who played in foreign, roberts played in foreign way longer than peltier, so did bleeder and glen, and these men don't carry themselves like they are above being coached by cherry coaches. i agree with charles and co, if yuhs ah star, then rock so.

as for foreign coaches not black listing players, sam yuh memory short or what, do you remember jovin jones and guerra was banned by pfister?? one showed up late ah couple of times, and apparently the other wasn't listening. 

beenie also blanked dwarika, mc farlene, angus and a few others from the WC squad for fellas like bleeder, birchall, scotland, and evens wise who IMO was not better than that trio.

sam yuh was on point on ah few things like the xenophobia that surround T&T football, this is ah serious cancer on our sports especially when our locals refuse to advance their position, and instead carry on like the country owe them ah debt of gratitude and they should be allowed to acquire leading positions without the proper qualifications.

i hear brian williams using words like it's not "fair" to the local coaches, "fair"!! in professional sports there no such thing as "fair"!! this thing is a result oriented game. so was it "fair" to bob bradley when his performances were tip top, yet still was replaced by a foreigner??

he qualified the USA for a world cup, he also won the gold cup, and did really good @ the confederations CUP where he made it to the finals almost beating brazil, he made it to the 2009 and 2011 gold cup final where he loss to mexico twice in succession.

these fellas need to get over themselves and start working hard for what they want instead of receiving every thing just based on the notion that they deserve it bc they are past local heroes and icons. 

as i said before about gally, instead of this man going abroad and furthering his craft maybe by working with an english or dutch team, he stayed home and moped for 20 yr, when he could have used those yrs to his advantage and maybe coming back home to start a club, or an academy.

this trini mentality is really an "eat ah food" mentality for real yes, every one wants something for nothing, solely based on past reputation and nostalgia.

thank god timekee not buying that, it's ah new day ppl. it's time to start earning yuh pick instead of inheriting it.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 07:21:31 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2013, 06:48:17 AM »
I disagree with you Sam. To a point.

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2013, 07:26:35 AM »
Coaching is one of the only jobs that people calling for you to lose your job after 2 or 3 games. A job where you have to feed your family. If the Prime Minister & elected officials were held to the same standards, who knows what will happen
I feel for the local coaches because the Association did not give them the desired support. Lets not forget those that inherit
the present positions did not create the predicament. They are in fact trying to make their own way, unfortunately it is under the same umbrella.

Sport real unfair when it comes to coaching. The good thing in all this is that Baba will be involved and more than likely get another shot.
Look how many times Alvin & Edgar coach T&T

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2013, 07:42:08 AM »
Coaching is one of the only jobs that people calling for you to lose your job after 2 or 3 games. A job where you have to feed your family. If the Prime Minister & elected officials were held to the same standards, who knows what will happen
I feel for the local coaches because the Association did not give them the desired support. Lets not forget those that inherit
the present positions did not create the predicament. They are in fact trying to make their own way, unfortunately it is under the same umbrella.

Sport real unfair when it comes to coaching. The good thing in all this is that Baba will be involved and more than likely get another shot.

Allyuh back with this "fair" and "unfair" talk again?? this is not about personal feelings and vendettas, this is about results and the best ppl for the job.

this is why i love the develop world, i remember working for ah white man who canned his brother in the middle of his wife's pregnancy!! he pushed him out the company bc he wasn't pulling his weight, now that's what i call a desire too succeed! no fackin nostalgia, just plain ole results!!

no wonder the USA and mexico does make us look foolish all the while, that's bc we are coming up against a ppl who don't give ah fork bout feelings, they are result oriented societies, and they spend good money in that regard, while we pamper and settle and play favorites.

it's time to move on. we have not scored a goal in six matches, now what does that tell you??!!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2013, 08:17:01 AM »
JC, Julius James had a collapsed lung since April 2012. Over a year ago, we played over 15 games since.

Why is the local coahes giving Keon a chance but backlisting Peltier. Keon stood us up 3 times now.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2013, 08:29:20 AM »
My belief is that people will always feel a foreign coach is better than a local.

People don't respect the Pro League so no matter how well you perform every season people will still say "yeah, but its only the Pro League". Therefore, a local coach has to recognise that he must coach overseas at some point. Problem is that as a Pro League coach he feels cock of the rock so to leave that position to become youth team coach at Sc**thorpe Utd, or assistant coach at Dumbf**k University, Idaho is in their minds a step down.

But Denis Lawrence has got it right and by taking the time to learn coaching techniques in an EPL club will help him develop into one of T&T's greatest coaches.

LOL, always makes me laugh when I see the software blanking out the letters in Sc**thorpe!! Reminds me of how when Gillingham used to play them we'd shout "There's only one  C**t in Sc**thorpe"  :rotfl:
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 08:32:38 AM by Football supporter »

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2013, 08:38:47 AM »
The ONLY local coach I would want to run the senior team is Dwight.. and he have an accent too

People think the Head Coach of the senior team is there to develop this and that and hands on sessions , laying his own cones etc

A head coach of a men's senior team is 70% man management , 30% tactics

NO LOCAL COACH could man manage any of those guys without being squashed and trampled over.. When half the squad playing foreign football under European coaches and that different factor has them in line, vs hearing a Shabazz or Charles ... no chance

Dwight Yorke will be a great gaffer.. he has the man management skills and If he continues to do his courses will have a good tactical knowledge of the game too.   Latapy, poor man management and not good enough tactically yet.. probably better as a first team coach where the pressure of management is off him... I believe Dwight has both skills needed to succeed and he commands respect.

Other than Dwight , not one f**king trini in my mind can have a better impact than a foreign english speaking coach

All of the local coaches cry and cry and cry but when given the chance the squad is always divided, always have some fall out with players, tactics and training methods backwards and poor and all of them lack Charisma and you as a fan cannot even believe in them farless the squad

I cannot f**king wait for Beenhakker to return after typing this yes

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2013, 09:34:18 AM »
Just Cool I guess my point is. The coach that comes in g

Allyuh back with this "fair" and "unfair" talk again?? this is not about personal feelings and vendettas, this is about results and the best ppl for the job.

this is why i love the develop world, i remember working for ah white man who canned his brother in the middle of his wife's pregnancy!! he pushed him out the company bc he wasn't pulling his weight, now that's what i call a desire too succeed! no fackin nostalgia, just plain ole results!!

no wonder the USA and mexico does make us look foolish all the while, that's bc we are coming up against a ppl who don't give ah fork bout feelings, they are result oriented societies, and they spend good money in that regard, while we pamper and settle and play favorites.

it's time to move on. we have not scored a goal in six matches, now what does that tell you??!!

Just Cool, my point is that the Foreign Coach gets the blame & in general lack of support from local coaches, for a situation he did not create.
he is offered a job, accepts & tries to do his job. The resentment should be directed towards the decision makers and in the end results will
prove if they right or wrong. Local coaches should understand this. Do people really think DiMatteo resents Rafa? No! he pissed off at Abramovic

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2013, 11:57:45 AM »
Not to start nutten eh but Beenie come and look left and right and size-up men who past they sell-by date (and who eh up to scratch) and get de rid ah dem.

And come bet if Beenie had more time and a bigger pool, some men right now dat running around playing Nashy will be banished to pro league football.

Sam I agree with nuff ah what yuh saying bredda...so talk nah Hippo is ah gunman?! Hahahahaha, you really eh easy nah!

Anyway no more local coaches!!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Re: Local Coaches
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2013, 12:02:30 PM »
This topic eh new

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Local coaches.
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2014, 09:36:14 AM »
De local coaches sah....

Angus Eve, Jamaal Shabazz and Michael McComie - Head, belly and mouth bigger than they game.

Clint Marcelle, Ron La Forest and Anthony Rougier - Looking for food and only care about them selves.

Everald Cummings and Muhammad Isa - Pass they bedtime, time to leave de game.

Alvin Corneal and Edgar Vidale (Alcons men) - Time for them to leave de game completely, like Anton, only talkers and I mean even as commentators - NO GOOD.

Ross Russell - Decent attitude, poor ability as a coach.

Steve David and Leroy De Leon - Them know everything. If they are more humble, they would be decent coaches, especially, David.

Terrance Marcelle - Child mulister.

Marlon Charles - Fool fool.

Anthony Streete - Decent guy, need some assistant, but decent guy.

Dexter Cyrus - Decent guy, need some assistant, but decent guy.

Zoran Vranes - Decent guy, need some assistant, but decent guy.

Shawn Cooper  - Decent guy, need some assistant, but decent guy.

Time to invest in a new bunch of local coaches and keep them in de TTFA program.

I feel Clayton Morris, Philbert Jones, Brian Haynes, Reynold Carrington, Rajeesh Latchoo, Michael Grayson, Ian Clauzel, Selris Figaro, Nigel Grosvenor, Anthony Sherwood, Ivan Sampson, Brian Williams, Marlon Morris, Richard Chinapoo, Denis Lawrence, Errol McFarlane, Densill Theobald, Marvin Faustin, Carlos Edwards, Lumumba Shabazz, Marcus Pollidore, Carlos McGregor, Marvin Smith, Mark Anthony William, Junior Noel, Mario Garcia, Craig Demmin, Dario Trujillo, Addae Rique, Garth Pollanais, Kendall Walkes, Anthony James, Andre Fortune Sr., Mark Anatol and Leonson Lewis might be better men to keep close to de TTFA coaching programs and youth team, even senior team as assistants.

I feel we could even take a chance and spend some time with Stern John, Dwight Yorke, Carlos Edwards and Shaka Hislop to be future coaches.

We wasting them with some of the other big headed coaches and we wasted to much time on them now we have no one to choose from.

We should also consider bringing Lincoln Phillips to coach our current keepers at all ages. But he must bring a stern attitude, he lil to soft, but he know he game, he just need to be toner...

« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 06:41:32 AM by Sam »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Local coaches.
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2014, 09:57:49 AM »
On Ross Russell, when I met him he seemed a top bloke, and winning the Pro League ain't as easy as some think.

Definitely need some new blood coming through and challenging the old though. If we could get some higher quality coaching (both through qualification and numbers) who knows where we could go. Clayton Ince was goalkeeper coach at T&TEC before it imploded, so add him to that list. Not sure Yorke cares bluntly - he's thinking of buying into one of the new Indian teams. If he had enough of an interest he'd already be in the country doing coaching and generally furthering the game

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2014, 10:09:48 AM »
On Ross Russell, when I met him he seemed a top bloke, and winning the Pro League ain't as easy as some think.

Definitely need some new blood coming through and challenging the old though. If we could get some higher quality coaching (both through qualification and numbers) who knows where we could go. Clayton Ince was goalkeeper coach at T&TEC before it imploded, so add him to that list. Not sure Yorke cares bluntly - he's thinking of buying into one of the new Indian teams. If he had enough of an interest he'd already be in the country doing coaching and generally furthering the game

Winning the league is never easy. Getting kick out in of your coaching appearance at T&T youth level and Defenece Force CFU level is worthless.

Furthermore, he have a bunch of ARMY men who are train, fed and paid by the government, a big advantage, but not in Guyana at the CFU level.

And I did say he is a decent fella, maybe he need some additional training, which he should seek and dot wait for de TTFA help, its their job as individuals to improve their coaching from a overall standpoint.

I just put Yorke name there, I know he on a difference vibes, just not T&T. I do not respect him at all.

He go fool them Indians and take they money, good for them.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2014, 02:58:29 PM »
Be fair - due to the State of Emergency his team barely train on the lead-up to the CFU. Caledonia didn't have such an excuse. Yup Defence Force definitely has the advantage in fitness that most coaches would love. Not heard specifics on what happened at youth level, wasn't that related to non-pay?

1]; } ?>