0 (0%)
Dean Pacheco
0 (0%)
Kelvin Jones
0 (0%)
Other
3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Local coach vs foreign coach.  (Read 25705 times)

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Local coach vs foreign coach.
« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2019, 12:21:06 PM »
Sancho really saying he had a limited pool when so much fish out there that never get call?
this is why I warned against locals around our football, they have contributed to most of our set backs and pitfalls. from gally cummings to the bertile st claires to the dexter skeens to the russell latapys and Brent sachos and the dennis lawrences. these men are more toxic and hazardous to our football with their share idiosyncrasies  and their silly petty hang ups than any foreigner could ever be. I don’t ever want to see another local near our football for a long while.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 12:23:06 PM by pull stones »

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2019, 03:29:18 PM »
Players must have respect for the Coach. Somehow the foreign Coaches have the edge when it comes to Respect. Something about the Culture- Foreign better and NIH- Not invented here. Sad but true.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2019, 05:07:52 PM »
Players must have respect for the Coach. Somehow the foreign Coaches have the edge when it comes to Respect. Something about the Culture- Foreign better and NIH- Not invented here. Sad but true.

I feel it have much to do with our tendency to not have or implement structure and "modern" methods into our football remember trinidad football as ah whole is veeery slow and often lack structure i.e. opponent planning in fact we doh do opponent planning for nutten almost, shabbazz was notorious for dat in d womens program.

is we tendency to be back-a-day, adhoc and generally lacking in forward thinking is what gets them no "respect". Waldron had dem ladies conditioned like athletes, locals does jus put women and girls, it have ah huge difference between d two.
I pity the fool....

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2019, 08:02:17 PM »

I feel it have much to do with our tendency to not have or implement structure and "modern" methods into our football remember trinidad football as ah whole is veeery slow and often lack structure i.e. opponent planning in fact we doh do opponent planning for nutten almost, shabbazz was notorious for dat in d womens program.

is we tendency to be back-a-day, adhoc and generally lacking in forward thinking is what gets them no "respect". Waldron had dem ladies conditioned like athletes, locals does jus put women and girls, it have ah huge difference between d two.

I think it’s a discipline thing. Foreign coaches come with different experience. Look at Leo for example. He commanded the respect of the squad. That squad consisted of real football stats, yorkie, latas, shaka, young Jones, stern to name some....

Us Trini’s we talk toooo much, and act toooooo less. Our laid back approach is part of our culture.

Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2019, 05:28:56 AM »

I think it’s a discipline thing. Foreign coaches come with different experience. Look at Leo for example. He commanded the respect of the squad. That squad consisted of real football stats, yorkie, latas, shaka, young Jones, stern to name some....

Us Trini’s we talk toooo much, and act toooooo less. Our laid back approach is part of our culture.

Speak for yourself brother...

My tendency to push the boundaries and progressive thinking is frowned upon on here  :D

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2019, 09:38:06 AM »
Contro is right. Having lived and work in Trinidad from 1973- 2000-and having worked in the USA.
 Performance beats old talk. Different work ethic, Continuing education . Performance appraisals and if you cannot compete- Surplus to requirement. One has to be fit Physically/ spiritually and when you are black work twice as hard to have a seat at the table

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2019, 01:44:44 PM »
It’s elementary. quite a few foreign coaches study psychology as part of their training in order to man manage these millionaires and potential millionaires. in england and holland one of the first things they teach aspiring coaches, particularly those who venture into developmental coaching for children is to inspire and mentally manipulate the children into working happily and cooperatively without being told.

in the third world and more so in trinidad these coaches acquire the certification but don’t have the discipline to put every thing they have learned coming through the ranks as players behind them and embrace the culture of coaching without malice favor or ill will. they tend to get into personalities and traits instead of thinking only football.

a foreign coach will come in not knowing any of our players and just simply look for the talented mentally and physically fit players who could cut it at that level, and even if they miscalculate the ability of some players in the not too distant future they would be found out like danial cyrus who hasn’t been able to spend more than one season in any top league including the MLS.

and though he’s very fast and has the physique to be a top defender he’s not mentally fit for that level, but our coaches seem to be sold on cyrus though better coaching staffs has blatantly refused his services and understandably so, the man is a liability with zero awareness and lack the mental capacity for football on an international level and his recent performances speak for itself.

so it’s not that foreign coaches are tactically or technically better, they just don’t have the impediment of familiarity and ulterior motives in the way of making sound unfavorable judgements, they know what they’re looking for and they acquire it even if the player looks like a street dweller or a hired hit man. they seldom get into personalities as long as the player has the aptitude to follow the program, and I guess the other players recognize that the coach means business which gains their respect and consequently inspire confidence of all the team who in turn works harder for the coach.

did anyone noticed lawrence’s level of performance dropped drastically when sol campbell left the camp?

« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 02:03:56 PM by pull stones »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2019, 03:55:15 PM »
It’s elementary. quite a few foreign coaches study psychology as part of their training in order to man manage these millionaires and potential millionaires. in england and holland one of the first things they teach aspiring coaches, particularly those who venture into developmental coaching for children is to inspire and mentally manipulate the children into working happily and cooperatively without being told.

in the third world and more so in trinidad these coaches acquire the certification but don’t have the discipline to put every thing they have learned coming through the ranks as players behind them and embrace the culture of coaching without malice favor or ill will. they tend to get into personalities and traits instead of thinking only football.

a foreign coach will come in not knowing any of our players and just simply look for the talented mentally and physically fit players who could cut it at that level, and even if they miscalculate the ability of some players in the not too distant future they would be found out like danial cyrus who hasn’t been able to spend more than one season in any top league including the MLS.

and though he’s very fast and has the physique to be a top defender he’s not mentally fit for that level, but our coaches seem to be sold on cyrus though better coaching staffs has blatantly refused his services and understandably so, the man is a liability with zero awareness and lack the mental capacity for football on an international level and his recent performances speak for itself.

so it’s not that foreign coaches are tactically or technically better, they just don’t have the impediment of familiarity and ulterior motives in the way of making sound unfavorable judgements, they know what they’re looking for and they acquire it even if the player looks like a street dweller or a hired hit man. they seldom get into personalities as long as the player has the aptitude to follow the program, and I guess the other players recognize that the coach means business which gains their respect and consequently inspire confidence of all the team who in turn works harder for the coach.

did anyone noticed lawrence’s level of performance dropped drastically when sol campbell left the camp?

Well Fenwick is our new coach... what say you

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 19, 2019, 10:46:18 PM »
So is Fenwick it is. Look Loy also laid out the reason he was selected and some of the terms of agreement. Fenwick fits the bill. Both foreign and local. Congrats and Good Luck.

https://www.guardian.co.tt/sports/fenwick-gets-soca-warriors-job-6.2.1012020.231cb8218e

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 12, 2021, 05:08:38 PM »
Angus Eve would be a big mistake for T&T head coach.

Yuh could kiss all foreign based players good buy.

He fail as T&T youth coach when the TTFA had money, now they don't, what make you think he go do better.

He was coach for de under 20 and under 23 and fail big time.

We have no good local coaches because all of them stock on one level and have the same mentality.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2021, 09:30:49 PM »
Angus Eve would be a big mistake for T&T head coach.

Yuh could kiss all foreign based players good buy.

He fail as T&T youth coach when the TTFA had money, now they don't, what make you think he go do better.

He was coach for de under 20 and under 23 and fail big time.

We have no good local coaches because all of them stock on one level and have the same mentality.

Tell us when the TTFA had money?

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2021, 11:58:48 AM »
When Jack Warner was there Deeks, he son Angus Eve had nuff jobs.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2021, 04:18:58 PM »
Remember in his early coaching days who he studied under ? I’m sure he has seen some inkling of light since then. Irregardless, he’s short term. And with Monserrat rise and our state, might be shorter than we would like. Yet, I rather give 1 local a smidgent of experience, than what the TF selections were doing, irregardless of who is to blame or not.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2021, 08:02:34 PM »
Even given d relatively poor level of SSFL, Eve has been a consistent results getter, his football is usually quicker and more physical than most of dem other coaches in SSFL, so at least....AT LEAST.....one can hope anyways ::) :P, d footie might be faster and less disjointed than we have become accustomed to from dem local coach in d fairly recent past....d bigger problem is yuh shouldn't have to be doing remedial work on player technique, while also having to hash out tactics, I saw some of d worst ball control and shit decision making I have seen from us under Fenwick, dat eh all fenick fault, dat existed long before he.

Eve local bias is well known, but if he actually break d mold and get locals to play less slow disjoint football dat goh be a win in my book, at dis stage my expectations real low so yeah......
I pity the fool....

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 14, 2021, 01:58:19 PM »
Maybe TM can verify this.
Coaches of TT national since independence.

George Chambers 1964
Amerigo Bruner 1965 1966
Conrad Braithwaithe 1966 1967
Michael Lang 1968
Trevor Smith 1969
Kevin Verity 1972 1973
Rudi Gutendorf 1976
Edgar Vidale 1976
Alvin Corneal 1980
Ken Butcher 1980
Roderick Warner 1984 1985
Everald Cummings 1988 1989
Kenwyn Cooper 1989
Alvin Corneal 1990
Edgar Vidal 1990 1991
Muhammad Isa 1992
Clovis De Oliveira 1992
Everald Cummings 1993
Kenny Joseph 1994
Zoran Vranes 1994 1995
Jochen Figge 1995
Kenny Joseph 1996
Sebastian Araujo 1996
Edgar Vidal 1997
Bertille St. Clair 1997 2000
Ian Porterfield 2000-2001
Rene Simoes 2001-2002
Clayton Morris 2002
Hannibal Najjar 2002 2003
Zoran Vranes 2003
Stuart Charles-Fevrier 2003
Ron La Forest 2004
Bertille St. Clair 2004 2005
Leo Beenhakker 2005 2006
Win Rijsbergenn 2006 2007
Anton Corneal 2008
Francisco Maturana 2008 2009
Russel Latapy 2009 2011
Otto Pfister 2011 2012
Hutson Charles 2012 2013
Jamaal Shabazz 2012 2013
Stephen Hart 2013 2016
Tom Sanfiet 2016 2017
Dennis Lawrence 2017 2020
Terry Fenwick 2020 2021
Angus Eve 2021

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 14, 2021, 05:32:01 PM »
Yes, TM verify the list and moreso the duration dates. But I think the list is more or less correct. that is lots of coaches in 55 years period. That is
 a heavy turnover rate.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 14, 2021, 05:35:59 PM »
Local bias. Allyuh friggin crazy. His job is to develop local talent. It has no bias in that.

if he actually break d mold and get locals to play less slow disjoint football dat goh be a win in my book,

I agree with you on that whole heartedly!!!

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 14, 2021, 10:10:01 PM »
 At the lowest common denominator/ criteria, you would think that a selection committee for a coach would consider before you go out and fill a position, you build a profile of what you want,-  Things like what characteristics you want that person to have, their background, personality,  skills knowledge, aptitude for learning the game , evidence of current best practices, at least a pass for ah coaching badge- all those types of things.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2023, 01:40:44 AM »
Angus Eve backs local coaches: I am one of them.
By Jelani Beckles (T&T Newsday).

HEAD coach of the national men’s senior team Angus Eve said he is in support of local coaches, explaining that his comments about the TT Premier Football League recently were not intended to criticise them.

In an interview with Newsday last week, Eve said the pace of matches in the TTPFL will not help the national football programme immediately as international football is played at a faster pace.

He said it will take a few more months for the pace of local football to pick up as there was little football over the past three years because of the pandemic.

On April 26, Eve said, “It’s very difficult for the guys to get up to speed in such a short space of time. I think in the second phase of the league, which is supposed to start in September, you’ll see the guys a bit more up to speed.

“The games are playing a little bit slow, not up to the tempo of international football. It’s no fault of the guys, as I said before. In the longer term it would help the national team but to say it would have a massive impact (now), the answer would be no. A little bit down the road, then yes.”

The headline in last week’s story wrote, “Premier League too slow to help Soca Warriors.” In a media conference on Wednesday at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Eve reiterated, “It will take some time to build up to that international pace…I have said that time and time again it will help us in the middle to long term.” Eve said he will not bash local coaches as he is a local coach who has served for years in club football in TT including being the former head coach of Club Sando.

“We have to respect the guys (local coaches) and I respect the guys 100 per cent. It was disappointing for me that people try to cast a wedge between me and the local coaches because I am one of them and I see myself as representing them because usually the first thing we put in the press is that need a foreign coach.”

Eve said local coaches are doing a “tremendous” job.

Eve said many foreign coaches have been at the helm of the national senior men’s football team with limited success.

Eve said local coaches are seen as valuable throughout the region with many of them serving as head coaches. Jamaal Shabazz is the coach of Guyana and Stern John is in charge of St Lucia.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2023, 07:56:50 AM »
Maybe TM can verify this.
Coaches of TT national since independence.

George Chambers 1964
Amerigo Bruner 1965 1966
Conrad Braithwaithe 1966 1967
Michael Lang 1968
Trevor Smith 1969
Kevin Verity 1972 1973
Rudi Gutendorf 1976
Edgar Vidale 1976
Alvin Corneal 1980
Ken Butcher 1980
Roderick Warner 1984 1985
Everald Cummings 1988 1989
Kenwyn Cooper 1989
Alvin Corneal 1990
Edgar Vidal 1990 1991
Muhammad Isa 1992
Clovis De Oliveira 1992
Everald Cummings 1993
Kenny Joseph 1994
Zoran Vranes 1994 1995
Jochen Figge 1995
Kenny Joseph 1996
Sebastian Araujo 1996
Edgar Vidal 1997
Bertille St. Clair 1997 2000
Ian Porterfield 2000-2001
Rene Simoes 2001-2002
Clayton Morris 2002
Hannibal Najjar 2002 2003
Zoran Vranes 2003
Stuart Charles-Fevrier 2003
Ron La Forest 2004
Bertille St. Clair 2004 2005
Leo Beenhakker 2005 2006
Win Rijsbergenn 2006 2007
Anton Corneal 2008
Francisco Maturana 2008 2009
Russel Latapy 2009 2011
Otto Pfister 2011 2012
Hutson Charles 2012 2013
Jamaal Shabazz 2012 2013
Stephen Hart 2013 2016
Tom Sanfiet 2016 2017
Dennis Lawrence 2017 2020
Terry Fenwick 2020 2021
Angus Eve 2021

Bring them all back from the dead to the living- from retirement to home of the aged all ah dem together cyar fix TnT football.

1]; } ?>