0 (0%)
Dean Pacheco
0 (0%)
Kelvin Jones
0 (0%)
Other
3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Local coach vs foreign coach.  (Read 26243 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Local coaches.
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2014, 06:53:38 PM »
Be fair - due to the State of Emergency his team barely train on the lead-up to the CFU. Caledonia didn't have such an excuse. Yup Defence Force definitely has the advantage in fitness that most coaches would love. Not heard specifics on what happened at youth level, wasn't that related to non-pay?

I don't know how long you following T&T football, but DF got eliminated by a Guyanese team 2 years in a row.

Please do some research before you type, I hate de back on forth with de same ole topic.

Say what you have to say and move on

At the Under 20 level, Ross has been here for a while and is de same ole excuse when ever de team fail. McComie and Shabaaz was de same thing.

Before de tournament, you should hear all de kakahole talk they does talk, they ready and they going and do this and that, then when we ass get knock out by some small Caribbean team, you does hear all de excuses in de world.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 06:56:03 PM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2014, 12:56:04 AM »
Be fair - due to the State of Emergency his team barely train on the lead-up to the CFU. Caledonia didn't have such an excuse. Yup Defence Force definitely has the advantage in fitness that most coaches would love. Not heard specifics on what happened at youth level, wasn't that related to non-pay?

I don't know how long you following T&T football, but DF got eliminated by a Guyanese team 2 years in a row.

Please do some research before you type, I hate de back on forth with de same ole topic.

At the Under 20 level, Ross has been here for a while and is de same ole excuse when ever de team fail. McComie and Shabaaz was de same thing.

Before de tournament, you should hear all de kakahole talk they does talk, they ready and they going and do this and that, then when we ass get knock out by some small Caribbean team, you does hear all de excuses in de world.

Forums are all about back-and-forth :) - started following in late 2011, so DF's previous participations before my time.

DF's only other participation recently was in 2011, whcih saw them beat Milerock 7-0 on aggregate in the second stage, but losing the 3rd place match to Alpha 4-3 on penalties.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2014, 07:41:57 AM »

Forums are all about back-and-forth :) - started following in late 2011, so DF's previous participations before my time.

DF's only other participation recently was in 2011, whcih saw them beat Milerock 7-0 on aggregate in the second stage, but losing the 3rd place match to Alpha 4-3 on penalties.

Sam, agreed DF lose 2 yrs to the Guyanese team. So what? You don't think Guyanese have desire and pride like any football nation? DF is playing in a professional league now. The best players don't go DF as in the past. In 60s, 70, 80s, most of the best players went to DF, others went Police, Fire Services and Prisons. In South, the most of the best went to the SFL factory league. Yes the DF teams are fit, but they don't have the best players any more. And their being in the protective services does not help either. Any minute Kamla and Gary Griffith can pull them of the field to do security details. What kind of pro-team is that?

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2014, 08:37:00 AM »

Sam, agreed DF lose 2 yrs to the Guyanese team. So what? You don't think Guyanese have desire and pride like any football nation? DF is playing in a professional league now. The best players don't go DF as in the past. In 60s, 70, 80s, most of the best players went to DF, others went Police, Fire Services and Prisons. In South, the most of the best went to the SFL factory league. Yes the DF teams are fit, but they don't have the best players any more. And their being in the protective services does not help either. Any minute Kamla and Gary Griffith can pull them of the field to do security details. What kind of pro-team is that?

1. Guyana don't even have a professional league.

2. Guyana don't have player to match DF.

3. DF won the title in 2010/11 and 2012/13 with the same team they had this season.

4. When the PM pulled them, they came back a month after and won 98% of their remaining games and placed third.

5. DF have a top training field, they are fed properly, they are physically and mentally prepared for battle and they get SURE pay when the month is up. They have insurance, sick leave, vacation, top gears etc etc....

6. DF youth team is not pulled by the PM for special service, how they never win anything and they have 7 international players on their team who played for T&T youth teams.

Devorn Jorsling, Jerwyn Balthazar, Josimar Belgrave, Aklie Edwards, Michael Edwards, Richard Roy, Jemel Sebro, Corey Rivers, Kevin Graham, Keston Williams and Curtis Gonzales all have international experience and is some of the top players in the league, asked Lasana.

Josimar Belgrave was T&T youth captain and the best on his side.

Kevin Graham was we best keeper on we Under 20 team.

Richard Roy and Devorn Jorsling have been T&T top 2 strikers for years.

Aklie Edwards, Michael Edwards, Keston Williams and Corey Rivers have T&T senior team experience.

Jerwyn Balthazar, a very good player who is underrated.

Curtis Gonzales is one of the top youth defensive midfielders in the country.

Jemel Sebro is a top player and scored one of the goals of the season last season.

Stop making excuses for them, everyone wants the best players to win title? Chelsea and Real Madrid should win all trophies then?

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2014, 09:08:41 AM »
Alpha United are as Professional a team as any of our Pro League teams, just not as good. They have 5 international players for Guyana and a couple Jamaicans and Kittsians, and beat Harbour View of Jamaica in order to win that group. In 2011, they put up a decent fight against the Islanders, losing 3-1 after extra time. I'm not going to sit here and say DF played well - my disappointment and surprise was made clear in the original CFU thread, but I think you're underplaying the level of football played in Guyana by Alpha United at least (Milerock, meh). DF should still have beaten them with all the positives you've pointed out.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2014, 09:29:18 AM »
Alpha United are as Professional a team as any of our Pro League teams, just not as good. They have 5 international players for Guyana and a couple Jamaicans and Kittsians, and beat Harbour View of Jamaica in order to win that group. In 2011, they put up a decent fight against the Islanders, losing 3-1 after extra time. I'm not going to sit here and say DF played well - my disappointment and surprise was made clear in the original CFU thread, but I think you're underplaying the level of football played in Guyana by Alpha United at least (Milerock, meh). DF should still have beaten them with all the positives you've pointed out.

Deeks is a ole timer who played for DF so he blinded and still feel football is the same from back in de days.

Alpha United and Milerock is below T&T standard and does not play top teams in a Pro league environment.

T&T league is more competitive and is a higher standard therefore teams from a overall standpoint should be better. Player for player T&T is way ahead, so to get beaten or eliminated by teams from Suriname and Guyana is below standard.

Deeks want a all star team to win titles, he is Jose Mourinho.

Ross Russell have a big advantage.

DF have 3 senior teams, a pro team, a super league team and a zonal team, no other pro league teams have de same.

They even have 3 youth teams, U 14, U 17 and reserve/U 18.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2014, 11:21:33 AM »
Devorn Jorsling, Jerwyn Balthazar, Josimar Belgrave, Aklie Edwards, Michael Edwards, Richard Roy, Jemel Sebro, Corey Rivers, Kevin Graham, Keston Williams and Curtis Gonzales all have international experience and is some of the top players in the league, asked Lasana.

Josimar Belgrave was T&T youth captain and the best on his side.

Kevin Graham was we best keeper on we Under 20 team.

Richard Roy and Devorn Jorsling have been T&T top 2 strikers for years.

Aklie Edwards, Michael Edwards, Keston Williams and Corey Rivers have T&T senior team experience.

Jerwyn Balthazar, a very good player who is underrated.

Curtis Gonzales is one of the top youth defensive midfielders in the country.

Jemel Sebro is a top player and scored one of the goals of the season last season.

Sam, plain and simple, them men just not good enough. Me eh making excuses for them. Alpha United eh no big team but they disciplined enough to beat DF. But I stand by what I say before. The Min. of NS screw their season.

Yes, I am an old timer(that is sounding weird). I never played for DF. I played for Essex. I had to deal with DF with all their star players. Most times they beat us. But on some occasions we would beat them. Not often. And it felt damn good when ever we beat them.  And only a team with top class players can win or challenge clubs in the Concacaf CL. And the old DF team had the best players. That is why they are the only team to have reached the finals twice.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2014, 03:11:47 PM »

Deeks is a ole timer who played for DF so he blinded and still feel football is the same from back in de days.

Alpha United and Milerock is below T&T standard and does not play top teams in a Pro league environment.

T&T league is more competitive and is a higher standard therefore teams from a overall standpoint should be better. Player for player T&T is way ahead, so to get beaten or eliminated by teams from Suriname and Guyana is below standard.

Deeks want a all star team to win titles, he is Jose Mourinho.

Ross Russell have a big advantage.

DF have 3 senior teams, a pro team, a super league team and a zonal team, no other pro league teams have de same.

They even have 3 youth teams, U 14, U 17 and reserve/U 18.

Agreed on all the major points (Sam you talking too much sense lately :p), but I think Guyana and the smaller islands will catch our game if our stagnation continues. Alpha are doing something right, and in 5 years who knows where they'll be - CONCACAF or relegation - that's the nature of Carib footy right now, in a state of flux. We have one of the best leagues in the Caribbean (Jamaica maybe play at a higher standard, Haiti pulls attendances that League 2 clubs would be happy to get) and we're showing promising signs with expansion and the rise of clubs like Guaya, but my only worry is that we get complacent and assume we're gonna beat teams from Guyana, Suriname, hell even places like Curacao and Puerto Rico have had good spurts in the CFU, and they make us look foolish. French Guiana had two wingers with flair we could sorely do with, which makes me wonder why we can't get a proper domestic league up, pull this talent in, and put our players through a pressure cauldron day-in-day-out.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Re: Local coach vs foreign coach.
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2015, 05:43:29 AM »
Foreign coaches could tell TTFA what they want and demand it - local coaches have to cow tail and be at the mercy of the TTFA-
Chechen the records .
See how B ST Claire was treated to present day Mr. Hart- compared to Beenhakker. - and the last Senior Women's coach Waldron.
Is like we doh honor our own even when they have the credentials to do the best for TnT.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2015, 06:04:17 AM »
Foreign coaches could tell TTFA what they want and demand it - local coaches have to cow tail and be at the mercy of the TTFA-
Chechen the records .
See how B ST Claire was treated to present day Mr. Hart- compared to Beenhakker. - and the last Senior Women's coach Waldron.
Is like we doh honor our own even when they have the credentials to do the best for TnT.

I don't think Hart is being treated badly for some spitefully reason. Hart is caught in between two dysfunctional entities.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2015, 06:28:38 AM »
Chechen the records .

I don't think Hart is being treated badly for some spitefully reason. Hart is caught in between two dysfunctional entities.

Treatment may not be applicable here- but you hit it onthehead- is the getting caught up in the fractions. Our local coaches appears to absorb more of the fallout and the burden of these opposing fractions and it appears that foreign coaches are more insular and receive what they want i spite of .......,

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2015, 09:03:21 AM »
Well all a foreign has to do is walk when he term is done. Before he signed the contract he puts his demands on the table. Likewise the association. They work out an agreement. If the coach don't like it he walks and the association do another search. But in case of a local coach who has a emotional interest because of birth, like Hart, he may hang on because is home. Hart eh no "foreign" coach. A foreign coach would have gone Toronto pronto.

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2015, 06:41:10 AM »
Good post.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2015, 01:20:39 PM »
By and large, the public in T&T goes to football matches to see players.....not teams

Yes....it had Benedicts way back in the day...but they had Archibald, Steve David, DeLeon etc on their team

Malvern had Buggy Haynes, Baby Headley and dem

Army had Ron La, Bert Neptune and dem

Fast forward to Latas, Yorke, Dwarika, Spiderman Carter, Marcelle, Clauzel, etc

All of these players had one thing in common....they were entertainers and crowds came out to see them play....no matter what level of football it was....Colleges League, Arthur Suite League, POSFL, SAFL, Pro League, Minor League, 7 a side no offside.....it didn't matter....crowds would come once the entertainers were present.

We have less entertainers today because of the nature of the game today.  Most of our entertainers are now abroad playing professionally.

Crowds might like Kerry Jamerson, Devon Jorsling, or a Hutson Charles.....but the stadium not filling to come and see them.   They're the supporting cast.

All leagues need stars.  Imagine La Liga without Messi and Ronaldo?  Bundesliga without Robben, Muller and crew?  EPL without Hazard and Rooney?

MLS is doing just that now.   Their stars may largely be aging (Drogba, Villa, Kaka, Gerard).....but that's changing now.  You now have a player like Giovinco in Toronto who is 23 years old.  That's going to continue.

People came out locally to see Joevin Jones.  Now he's gone.   Cyrus, Hughton Hector, Molino, Peltier, Cato, Rundell Winchester...all gone

Corbin soon gone.

Back in the day, our entertainers (stars) stayed home because they had little other option.   The football world has changed and with it....our domestic leagues

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2015, 02:41:57 PM »
By and large, the public in T&T goes to football matches to see players.....not teams

Yes....it had Benedicts way back in the day...but they had Archibald, Steve David, DeLeon etc on their team

Malvern had Buggy Haynes, Baby Headley and dem

Army had Ron La, Bert Neptune and dem

Fast forward to Latas, Yorke, Dwarika, Spiderman Carter, Marcelle, Clauzel, etc

All of these players had one thing in common....they were entertainers and crowds came out to see them play....no matter what level of football it was....Colleges League, Arthur Suite League, POSFL, SAFL, Pro League, Minor League, 7 a side no offside.....it didn't matter....crowds would come once the entertainers were present.

We have less entertainers today because of the nature of the game today.  Most of our entertainers are now abroad playing professionally.

Crowds might like Kerry Jamerson, Devon Jorsling, or a Hutson Charles.....but the stadium not filling to come and see them.   They're the supporting cast.

All leagues need stars.  Imagine La Liga without Messi and Ronaldo?  Bundesliga without Robben, Muller and crew?  EPL without Hazard and Rooney?

MLS is doing just that now.   Their stars may largely be aging (Drogba, Villa, Kaka, Gerard).....but that's changing now.  You now have a player like Giovinco in Toronto who is 23 years old.  That's going to continue.

People came out locally to see Joevin Jones.  Now he's gone.   Cyrus, Hughton Hector, Molino, Peltier, Cato, Rundell Winchester...all gone

Corbin soon gone.

Back in the day, our entertainers (stars) stayed home because they had little other option.   The football world has changed and with it....our domestic leagues

:beermug: :beermug: :beermug: Reality Bites!!
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2015, 02:47:27 PM »
Palos yuh sure right!  I remember before I leave home, in we minor league everybody was by the savannah to get the entertainment.  We had keepers who were unbelievable, and skills men sharing beats like it was going out of style.  Angus Eve while still in school played for one of the teams and would draw massive oouuhhs aaaahhha and ouguuuds from the crowd every time he touch the ball.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2015, 06:43:52 AM »
Definitely - entertainers can really make a league exciting, but being in the local community is the real issue here for me. For those of you who saw leagues a couple decades ago - you likely went 'cause it was your friends or family or people otherwise part of the community who were playing ball. IT was local, intense, and enjoyable. Even if you didn't know anyone yourself, a bunch of your friends were likely there to watch the game.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
De TTFA should consider grooming these coaches.
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2015, 03:48:09 PM »
De TTFA should consider grooming these coaches. to work as Hart assistant.

Stern John, Densill Theobald, Anthony Sherwood and Carlos Edwards.

All have good head on their shoulders.

All wiling and humble.

And all want to give back to T&T, they not just looking for a buck.

Even if they get the job when T&T have games and work as part time coaches under Hart, because ah know de TTFA dont have de money to hire them full time.

We need to start grooming young talented coaches who know about modern football and have experience it.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: De TTFA should consider grooming these coaches.
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2015, 03:59:07 PM »
First question. Do they have any desire to be a coach?

Being a good coach takes dedication and time and one has to have that burning desire eh

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: De TTFA should consider grooming these coaches.
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2015, 05:35:33 PM »
what ever became of ben hakker under-study???

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2016, 04:48:27 PM »
A prophet is never honoured in his own country

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2016, 05:16:16 PM »
A man say we eh score a goal in six matches...I thought we lost de last game 3-1...?  anyway it doesn't matter  to me if de coach is foreign or not...it's really a question of Bright vs Dunce ..and yuh have mediocre
between dem.

When I see dunceness I cannot stand aside and keep quiet....dis foreign coach past dunce...he rel dunce..and dey join im up wit a rel dunce ...so we goin and get some serious results..

DJW say in maths if yuh multiply two negatives de answer will be positive therefore if yuh multiply dunceness by joining to dunce coaches ..de end result would be BRILLIANCE.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2017, 07:17:53 AM »
Gally: Local coaches can do the job.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

Everald “Gally” Cummings, the former national player and coach has said the country does not need a foreign coach to turn around the fortunes of T&T football.

In the wake of Tuesday’s resignation of national coach Tom Saintfiet from Belgium, the ex “Strike Squad” coach said, “We have the technical capacity right here among our local fraternity, but the problem is that they have been fighting and undermining each other for decades and has created a space for others to exploit.”

He called on local coaches to stop and take stock of themselves. Cummings who guided the T&T “Strike Squad” to within a point of qualifying for the 1990 FIFA World Cup in Italy, believes the T&T Football Association (TTFA)under president David John-Williams has been throwing away money by the hiring and firing of international coaches.

“We cannot be throwing away money, especially in times of scarce financial resources and with the TTFA in debt.”

According to Cummings: “This is not 2005 as there is no Dwight Yorke or Russell Latapy.

“It was Russell who changed the momentum and gave us that chance after his outstanding game against Guatemala.

“Before that coach, Dutchman Leo Beenhakker had suffered a 5-1 away loss to the Guatemalans.”

“Gally” is calling on the TTFA to appoint people who understand the players; know intuitively their special traits; our style and turn the team into an attacking dynamic and cohesive force in a few weeks time, saying he did it back in 1987 in a space of two weeks, when the country had lost to the United States.

He believes the time has come for locals to remove themselves from the shackles of colonialism and have confidence their own strength and talents.

He explained the country has been making the same mistakes for the last 20 years and more, yet expect different results.

“We need to ask whether we are getting the best technical advice and to let the population know what is the vision for football,” Cummings asked.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 07:21:15 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2017, 11:47:07 PM »

“Before that coach, Dutchman Leo Beenhakker had suffered a 5-1 away loss to the Guatemalans.”

Easy Gally Cummings, this isnt true, lol
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2017, 01:16:09 AM »
Bob Bradley :D
Military coach ftw :DDD

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2019, 02:43:11 AM »
Coaches queue up for Lawrence’s job.

Trinidad and To­ba­go Foot­ball As­so­ci­a­tion tech­ni­cal com­mit­tee chair­man Kei­th Look Loy is promis­ing a re­place­ment for sacked na­tion­al foot­ball coach Den­nis Lawrence by Fri­day.

And who­ev­er gets the job will have a man­date to take the coun­try to the 2021 CON­CA­CAF Gold Cup via the June 2020 CON­CA­CAF play­off against the win­ner be­tween Bar­ba­dos and Guyana, who play in March.

Lawrence, whose dis­mal record at the helm of the So­ca War­riors dur­ing World Cup qual­i­fiers, CON­CA­CAF Gold Cup and oth­er in­ter­na­tion­al friend­ly match­es for the past three years, led to the TTFA board of di­rec­tors opt­ing to ter­mi­nate his ser­vices at a meet­ing on Sat­ur­day.

Guardian Me­dia Sports un­der­stands that Lawrence has since ex­pressed his dis­plea­sure with how his fir­ing took place.

Yes­ter­day, how­ev­er, Look Loy said the TTFA has al­ready been swamped by ap­pli­ca­tions from men seek­ing to fill the va­can­cy.

“The as­so­ci­a­tion has since been bom­bard­ed with in­ter­ests from coach­es from Eu­rope, South Amer­i­ca and right here lo­cal­ly to pick up coach­ing du­ties with the coun­try’s ju­nior and se­nior teams. The com­mit­tee is cur­rent­ly in the process of look­ing at them be­fore a choice can be made, giv­en the as­so­ci­a­tion’s fi­nan­cial lim­i­ta­tions, but al­so the qual­i­ty of the can­di­dates,” Look Loy told Guardian Me­dia Sports.

But Look Loy gave the as­sur­ance that the se­lec­tion will not be based pure­ly on qual­i­fi­ca­tions.

He said there were the is­sues of fi­nances and im­me­di­a­cy of fill­ing the va­can­cy, which means that the se­lect­ed coach must be will­ing to come here at a mo­ment’s no­tice and lay down his pro­gramme. How­ev­er, he made it clear that al­though there is an is­sue of fi­nances, he has al­ways been firm in the view that the coun­try should get the best coach they can af­ford.

He said he be­lieves for the first 2020 FI­FA win­dow in March, the new coach must have laid plans down which should in­clude at least two in­ter­na­tion­al friend­ly match­es. He said the TTFA has al­ready been ap­proached by sev­er­al in­ter­na­tion­al match agents with of­fers for 2020 en­gage­ments.

Mean­while, Cen­tral FC own­er and man­ag­ing di­rec­tor Brent San­cho, who played with Lawrence on the 2006 team that qual­i­fied for the World Cup in Ger­many, has sup­port­ed the de­ci­sion to re­place Lawrence, say­ing while the for­mer coach faced nu­mer­ous chal­lenges, it was dif­fi­cult to de­fend the string of 14 win­less match­es by the So­ca War­riors in the lat­ter part of his tenure.

“The coun­try has nev­er re­al­ly got­ten the op­por­tu­ni­ty to ex­pe­ri­ence Lawrence’s true tal­ent be­cause the play­ing field was not lev­elled. For in­stance, he faced chal­lenges of an age­ing tal­ent pool, play­ers re­turn­ing for match­es a day be­fore key match­es, etcetera. I think it is un­for­tu­nate for Lawrence, but that’s the na­ture of the sport,” San­cho said.

San­cho said he is hop­ing the new coach will be some­one with ex­ten­sive in­ter­na­tion­al ex­pe­ri­ence and qual­i­fi­ca­tions who will un­der­stand the sit­u­a­tion he is en­ter­ing.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2019, 07:09:52 AM »

Trinidad and To­ba­go Foot­ball As­so­ci­a­tion tech­ni­cal com­mit­tee chair­man Kei­th Look Loy is promis­ing a re­place­ment for sacked na­tion­al foot­ball coach Den­nis Lawrence by Fri­day.

Mean­while, Cen­tral FC own­er and man­ag­ing di­rec­tor Brent San­cho, who played with Lawrence on the 2006 team that qual­i­fied for the World Cup in Ger­many, has sup­port­ed the de­ci­sion to re­place Lawrence, say­ing while the for­mer coach faced nu­mer­ous chal­lenges, it was dif­fi­cult to de­fend the string of 14 win­less match­es by the So­ca War­riors in the lat­ter part of his tenure.

“The coun­try has nev­er re­al­ly got­ten the op­por­tu­ni­ty to ex­pe­ri­ence Lawrence’s true tal­ent be­cause the play­ing field was not lev­elled. For in­stance, he faced chal­lenges of an age­ing tal­ent pool, play­ers re­turn­ing for match­es a day be­fore key match­es, etcetera. I think it is un­for­tu­nate for Lawrence, but that’s the na­ture of the sport,” San­cho said.

San­cho said he is hop­ing the new coach will be some­one with ex­ten­sive in­ter­na­tion­al ex­pe­ri­ence and qual­i­fi­ca­tions who will un­der­stand the sit­u­a­tion he is en­ter­ing.

Rich ... with fertilizer.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 07:14:26 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2019, 09:44:36 AM »

Rich ... with fertilizer.

Lawrence need to go on sabbatical like he "mentor" and and figure out his "Idea of football" to quote Italian many coaches, because his was merky at best nonexistent at worst
I pity the fool....

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 17, 2019, 10:35:38 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if Lawrence comes with a lawsuit. The geezer is completely deluded like his cohort DJW.
Watch this space.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #59 on: December 17, 2019, 10:52:57 AM »
Sancho really saying he had a limited pool when so much fish out there that never get call?

1]; } ?>