April 28, 2024, 04:23:07 PM

Author Topic: Cameroon is totally foreign based  (Read 2499 times)

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Cameroon is totally foreign based
« on: March 14, 2005, 08:57:41 PM »
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/050313/7/39qw.html

Everybody in de squad playing in Europe except for one who in Qatar.  I wonder how they manage.  They did play a warm up match in France vs Senegal who also have another foreign based contingent. 

Offline rocwell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Cameroon is totally foreign based
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2005, 09:07:13 PM »
why would they, or any other team with foreign-based players, not manage?

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2005, 09:16:31 PM »
Simply because it does not seem to be working for us.  Is one of de reasons we lack chemistry.

Offline rocwell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2005, 10:15:45 PM »
T&T's problems are not beacuse of our foreign-based players, most if whom are our best players.  Look around the football world and you'll notice the many teams whose players operate away from home.  We were just beaten by the USA, a team which has probably as many players playing in Europe as we do.

Off the top of my head I could name, Brazil, Argentina, Nigeria, France, Holland as countries which have large numbers of foreign-based players, and there are dozens more who have their players arrive a week or less before a match.  You yourself named Cameroon and Senegal.

Our problems go much deeper than team chemistry.

Offline mcaw

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2005, 08:57:22 PM »
i believe that t and t will do better with an entire foriegn contingent because all the players will developed differnt styles of play and have experiene of playin away .This will be benifical when we play against oppositons.i think  plf should be the launching pad for this thought .The talented players who cant secure a contract in europe the best thingto do is be mls based ,which to me wil improve ur status eg cornell geln stern john

truetrini

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2005, 11:13:46 PM »
The major difference between T&T and those teams is that they have mucho talent, we have average players!

Dem fellas down with the basics, and dey does eat well!

We doh have proper nutrition, nor do we have good coaching at the youth level.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2005, 09:43:26 AM »
read the list carefully everyone with the exception of 1 player playing top flight football. they are in the top leagues of their respective countries. Day in day out they facing other top class players, one cannot help but be sharp.
then I read where they had a camp in France. Its the same for Senegal every player playing outside of Senegal, most in france. so they camp there.
Senegal are a little different because almost the whole squad more or less grew up together in one Youth Academy.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

1]; } ?>