April 23, 2024, 06:52:53 AM

Author Topic: 2006 Fifa World Cup Video Game info  (Read 1780 times)

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
2006 Fifa World Cup Video Game info
« on: March 29, 2006, 12:51:36 PM »
New advanced shooting mechanics

Joe Nickolls:  In our other FIFA games when you are shooting you have to hold down the button to determine how hard you shoot the ball. What we found is that as you come in on goal users get excited and hold down the button far too long, blasting the ball over the bar, and sending it way off target. That was frustrating for users. In 2006 FIFA World Cup when you hold the shoot button down now it will control the angle of the shot.  So if you hold the button down longer it will increase the angle of the shot and if you just tap the button the shot will be low.  We take care of the power and kind of shot for you.

The shooting model has been much improved with context sensitive AI. Shooting now takes into account distance and angle from goal. Also pressure from defending players will have a direct effect on the success of the shot. .

wah kinda shyt is dat
a expert fifa gamer like me have to compensate for dem shytty ppl dat cah control a power meter??!steups
daz rell crap dat de controling d power of d shot now i.e. no bussing de net at will
all we could do is angle it...
sounding shytty ...but we will see how dis works out

but one ting dat will be sweet
is dat i hav an xbox
and is only xbox version and pc version dat getting online play
online boii
daz rel bess...cah wait to mash up ppl from all over de world with T&T
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 12:57:53 PM by Warrior till death »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2006 Fifa World Cup Video Game info
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 12:53:40 PM »
1. Repost

2. They have copied the Winning Eleven/Pro Evo shooting model to an extent....
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Isaachunt

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 12:56:02 PM »
 Warrior till death, I think it is a good concept.

Offline trinidre

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 01:01:09 PM »
I eh know about that nah...I think i prefer holding the button down for more power....that is an easy concept and I cyar believe people complaining that they keep blasting the ball over the bar......after yuh play the game a couple times yuh most learn how long to hold the button down for.....steups..........but ah go wait and see how this new system works

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 01:04:14 PM »
I agree with WARRIOR.........The shoot method did not need to be altered the skill of the users needed the alteration

I can shoot from anywhere with any FIFA game, now my opponents will get that skill without doing shit.

Also it was realistic , jus like in a game .....you get anxious and pull you foot back or look in the air and guess waht " U go shoot over BARS"

I think the dumbimg down of the product is bullshit. With that I could see scorces being 15 - 10 when this new method , everybody go be scoring

I am not pleased by this Un - development

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2006, 01:15:20 PM »
True gamers adapt

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2006, 01:18:35 PM »
This has not been dumbed down at all... is de way de man put it across....

think about it.... in PES de way de system implemented if yuh mash de button hard... de ball going out de stadium.... same way as in FIFA

BUT if yuh player approaching a loose ball with pace... and yuh tap de button... is a low bullet.... a lil more pressure and it going in de vees... too much... it in orbit!! yuh have options as to how yuh wanna place it... but yuh need skill...

In FIFA now if yuh tap de button is a slow rollers dat mightnt even reach de keeper.... too much and it overbars... wha is that? ???
In any case FIFA too scripted.... if yuh power up just so much in just this position... is sure goal
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 01:20:06 PM by FF »
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline trinidre

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2006, 01:30:02 PM »
This has not been dumbed down at all... is de way de man put it across....

think about it.... in PES de way de system implemented if yuh mash de button hard... de ball going out de stadium.... same way as in FIFA

BUT if yuh player approaching a loose ball with pace... and yuh tap de button... is a low bullet.... a lil more pressure and it going in de vees... too much... it in orbit!! yuh have options as to how yuh wanna place it... but yuh need skill...

In FIFA now if yuh tap de button is a slow rollers dat mightnt even reach de keeper.... too much and it overbars... wha is that? ???
In any case FIFA too scripted.... if yuh power up just so much in just this position... is sure goal

ah dont think it has been dumbed down but they definitely made it easier for unskilled gamers......like meh boy said true gamers adapt.......if yuh play the game often enough yuh must realize how long yuh have to hold the button for to get the perfect shot which is very realistic like RasIred said......just like in real life when yuh lean back or sometimes if yuh going for power yuh might blast the ball over bars well it's the same situation in the game.....yuh go for too much pwer yuh will blast it over bars but after playing the game for a while yuh must get to realize how long to hold the button

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2006, 08:42:19 AM »
wa i really want to know is if de going to finally bring back the referre and linesmen in the game
cuz like fia 30,04,05,06 dey were invisible

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2006, 09:10:45 AM »

Joe Nickolls:  In our other FIFA games when you are shooting you have to hold down the button to determine how hard you shoot the ball. What we found is that as you come in on goal users get excited and hold down the button far too long, blasting the ball over the bar, and sending it way off target. That was frustrating for users. In 2006 FIFA World Cup when you hold the shoot button down now it will control the angle of the shot.  So if you hold the button down longer it will increase the angle of the shot and if you just tap the button the shot will be low.  We take care of the power and kind of shot for you.

The shooting model has been much improved with context sensitive AI. Shooting now takes into account distance and angle from goal. Also pressure from defending players will have a direct effect on the success of the shot. .

wah kinda shyt is dat
a expert fifa gamer like me have to compensate for dem shytty ppl dat cah control a power meter??!steups
daz rell crap dat de controling d power of d shot now i.e. no bussing de net at will

is dat i hav an xbox
online boii

ps2 eh getting online?
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2006, 09:21:34 AM »

wah kinda shyt is dat

is dat i hav an xbox
online boii

ps2 eh getting online?
nah it doh look so

• Hero Warrior