April 27, 2024, 11:38:33 AM

Author Topic: TT Senior Team Youth Policy  (Read 1696 times)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
TT Senior Team Youth Policy
« on: March 28, 2006, 11:34:24 AM »
Now the reason man griping that the forum is shit is really because nuttin going on and we just passing comments at news that not really worthy of attention.

As such I have decided to stimulate a discussion pertaining to our Senior team and its youth policy or lack thereof.

All our coaches have used young players on the national team, however Simoes, Fevrier and to a lesser extent Beenie were the ones doing it more than our other local coaches.

The problem with young players is that you will have to pass tru a phase when yuh side will collect licks. It is a learning process, but the TT senior team never afforded many young players the opportunity to showcase themselves. The coach is always under pressure for a good result, which is why we kept on recycling the same old players over and over with limited success.

The only two old players I am glad we called back are Yorke and Latapy, but had we been serious with exposing our younger players......when Yorke and Latapy went missing we might have had more options today.

I am glad we put certain players out to pasture amidst public outcry, and there are a few more I would like to add to the list. But we cannot do so because the coaches in charge have not given the youngsters a chance.

Which is why when men finally get their chance it comes when they are past they prime, or in the later stages of 20.....look at Cyd, he is thutty two. In fact watch we whole squad only Spann,Birchall and Theobold under 25.

May I share with you an excerpt from one of the better coaches in the world today.

'But when you have a youth policy, the final step is to make room for the players growing behind. Without that you cannot have a youth policy.

'A lot of people have good young players and at some stage they all arrive at the door. If you do not open the door for them they stay behind it.
[/b]

The rest of the article can be read here Soccernet

Is our team a closed door team?

After the WC lets tell a few of them thanks for the memories and start afresh with a fairly new slate.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

TrinInfinite

Re: TT Senior Team Youth Policy
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 11:40:28 AM »
i agree, de only players i could see being on the team for 2010 that would b 30 or over, would b de keeper and captain :beermug:

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 12:17:53 PM »
With the kindest of intentions i believe you are calling for a new TTFF !
yOU ARE NOW PUTTING GREAT STRESS ON CAMPS ET AL WHO HAVE NEVER HAD TO THINK BEFORE !
Some parents plan for the future of their children others just let them grrow ........and see what happens.... Take your pick as to the approach we have been accustomed to seeing from the present administration. Do you think the advisor wants his position threatened ???  Same game different players ! Jump when i say and speak when I tell you to !

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 01:10:56 PM »
I think as Touches allueded to, the onus will be on the coach to select and trust in youngsters to perform and deliver on the big stage, I think we have a decent core of players from this campaign Edwards, Spann, Birchall, Jones, Samuel, Theobald, and Sealy who have all featured prominently in this campaign and you can throw some of our U21 players into the mix with them, if we can get these guys playing together as soon as WC is over then it will bode well for our 2010 campaign, but my fear is if Beenie doesn't continue and someone new comes in who is less immune to the politics of local football especially if results don't go our way, the calls will start for the old guard to return.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Isaachunt

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 01:35:48 PM »
 So which young player deserve to be there?

Offline shooter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2006, 12:45:51 AM »
touches thank you very very very very much for touching this issue...we identify young players in the college league home an we say yes they good and these guys go take we somewhere...but these guys are no getting the exposure to take us somewhere...yes simoes and some of the other foreign coaches did it...clayton morris also did it..so the national coaches in the future should not be afraid to take this chance...its like someone finishing school and when they go for a job they say they cant hire them because they doh have experience..is the same thing that goes on with some of we talented young players give them the chance to learn from there mistakes...thanks again touches...bless

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2006, 05:43:09 AM »
Touches, based on this important issue, what do you make of lincoln's project?

This topic was touched on before a few months back.. It seems he is the only one showing some kinda vision.
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2006, 06:12:01 AM »
Sealy & Jones are also under 25........good points though.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 06:13:38 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Isaachunt

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2006, 07:01:12 AM »
 It had youth men that supposed to be onthe squad had they settled down... eg Gorean Highley

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2006, 02:48:48 PM »
This kind of reminds me of the stuation France went through during since euro 2004 to now... I personally think that after the World Cup both Latas and Yorke should take their respective bows.

I suspect that the geriatric World Cup is going to see quite a few retirements...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2006, 04:39:05 PM »
ttff works with the interim

coaches are told show me wins or go from here

no one may want to see the bag of licks stage but we need to ease them in

preety soon we wont be able to depend on twin towers at the back

avery and gray are in their 30 s

whitely is 28 stern 29

i think everyone should come to the u 21 games cuz i seeing we go be in for a masss exodus of players over d next 2 yrs
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Isaachunt

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2006, 05:35:05 PM »
 We try that with Rahim and look how it turn out :rotfl:

1]; } ?>