April 23, 2024, 02:18:55 PM

Author Topic: Your Top 5 T&T World Cup Memories (good or bad)  (Read 7928 times)

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
Re: Your Top 5 T&T World Cup Memories (good or bad)
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2006, 06:50:47 AM »
1) Lawrence goal against Bahrain. I knew we had it in the bag after that
2) Birchall's gollaso/scorcher against Bahrain
3) The game against Guatemala in the Hex, a real emotional roller coaster.
4) The Honduras game after Trotman's death, we inexplicably won that game and effectively helped Mexico qualify and knocked Honduras out.
5) Latapy bullet against Mexico.

The bad moments, too many to itemise.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2006, 09:24:19 AM »
Worst moments...

- Alibey miss versus el salvador 89... part 1
- Alibey miss versus el salvador 89... part 2
- Alibey miss versus guatemala 89
- Alibey miss versus costa rica 89
- Alibey miss versus usa 89

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2006, 01:22:17 PM »
My most vivid memories...

1)Stern double against mexico this rounds
2)Stern double against Guatemala
3)Latas bullet to beat Mexico 1-0 in 2001
4)Clayton Morris own goal at home against JA that end up knocking us out of qualifying for either 98 or 94, in the earlies..we lose 2-1 on aggregate, drawing 1-1 home and losing 1-0 away
5)1989...especially watching Dwight Yorke cry and wanting to cry too but jus had a big lump in my throat
6)The country the day we qualify...the car horns blowing, the bars whole night, the flags waving, ducking work...
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2006, 04:51:22 PM »
When Guatemala turned down Bahrain a friendly in respect of T&T and we where the same ones that knocked them out. That showed true support and I will always respect Guatemala for that, because they needed the money and could have spite T&T in the process also and they didn't. Cant say the same for Jamaica though.

And Stern John double vs Guatemala and Mexico in the 2005 WCQ's. Apart from Dwight Yorke's contribution Stern John was second best because he scored when it mattered most and should be awarded for it.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2006, 01:31:12 PM »
In chronological order:

1973, nine years old, living in Point Fortin,Trinidad and Tobago watching T&T being robbed in Haiti, feeling really sad because my entire household was depressed. Imagine watching some of your childhood football heros on the pitch crying(I'm saddened just writing about it now).

1989, 25 years old and the nightmare that is T&T WC qualifing is revisited...OH JAH!!... more depression.

2001(?) T&T's football team destroys Canada in the home and away on goal aggregate 6-0...very pleased. Haul Dey Ass!!

2001(?) watching T&T's football team beat Mexico 1-0 in Trini...no Mexican can ever talk football sh#t to me ever again. I could always remind them of '73 and '01.

2006 Unable to watch the T&T/ Mex game 2 live and being texted the highlights/lowlights...Imagine the emotional rollercoaster one goes thru reading "Stern miss penalty" "ah want to kill him"  "Mexico scores" then "Stern scores" and "Stern scores again"  "game done, Trini win"   and bawling like ah madman. ;D
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2006, 01:37:25 PM »
Omarldinho leme pull up yuh socks and refresh yuh memory lil bit

- latapy last minute winner vs mexico in de oval

Breds that game was in the Stadium......fix the memory, Nice!

Caliguri fluke that "I were blinded" didnt save. I sit down stunned with the thousands of others in the stadium that day.

The fluke bullet that Tyrone Marshall hit Shaka from the top of the box vs JA. We was running JA right tru and well sadly we never recover after that loss.

Stern throw away penalty vs Mexico.......I never hear one man get cuss so from a whole nation in Unison. YES STern I cuss yuh too!.... It was amazing. He get a............ what the MC wrong with this Fkin man boy..this damn $h!thong. Watch meh if he did get a dollar for each cuss he collect he woulda win the thread as the richest sportsman in T&T.

When the Quatemalan rest it on we to make the score 2-1 with 18 minutes to go.After we in control of things.... I watch the clock, andre Samuel and Cowen and bend down meh head and cry. That was meh lowest point of the campaign........good thing it only last about 10 min.

The Latapy Bullet vs Mexico in the STADIUM

Dennis Lawrence header vs Bahrain. Also I blaming Latapy for giving us so much heartache...he shoulda score. If he did do that all the talk bout Jack save and the chupidness Jack put down after woulda be inconsequential.......But Nov 16, 2005. Have to be the happiest day of my life on this earth thus far.

Watch meh this WC thing do so much for this country eh and we ent realise...........even this message board.  New posters, You know how much insults and put down and bad talk we used to have to defend here from everybody in Concacaf. Everybody used to say all the Yorke and Latapy alyuh never make a WC...................and they used to hit yuh that line as the trump card and discredit every little football achievement we ever do.
When I tell yuh we used to get fightdown here right tru.

Alyuh wouldnt know this but Sam, was we Hero and Champion of the message board in them days. This I think is one reason why all the older posters have a sense of brotherhood that doe exist now.........it used to be 30 of we Against the World here, and we used to battle it out with the limited resources and sporting achievements the warriors had at that point in time. Imagine we cussing out Canadians and telling them they side is shit because we win we first two games ever against them....while they jest win Gold Cup and make a WC already. Doe talk about the Jamaicans and RF.....that come like the battle for middle earth and we squad is a band of Hobbits minus Frodo and the ring and Gandaulf.

Thanks you warriors for quieting the haters

nice post dread...allyuh old heads make meh feel real proud for holding down T&T in the face ah real pressure...THANKS!!

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2006, 01:40:17 PM »
Omarldinho leme pull up yuh socks and refresh yuh memory lil bit

- latapy last minute winner vs mexico in de oval

Breds that game was in the Stadium......fix the memory, Nice!

OH yeah yeah yuh right, hard luck there... I get tie up.. is really de stadium.. I remember de day good now.. first time they ban bottle beers and coolers in de stadium so we real men had to run down by de quick shoppe and buy out dey can beers and then pack it in knapsack to go in...

anyhow.. honourable mention for worst moments..

- dog falling down against the USA and gifting a goal
- losing 5-1 to guatemala
- seeing jamaica become first english speaking caribbean team to make world cup
-  taking 7 goals up in de azteca
- maurice alibey's highlight reel of misses.. de one man who have to wait for a generation to die off before his name clear.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2006, 02:03:23 PM »
Worst moments...

- Alibey miss versus el salvador 89... part 1
- Alibey miss versus el salvador 89... part 2
- Alibey miss versus guatemala 89
- Alibey miss versus costa rica 89
- Alibey miss versus usa 89

why was dis man ever on the team? ??? >:(

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2006, 02:06:10 PM »
In chronological order:

1973, nine years old, living in Point Fortin,Trinidad and Tobago watching T&T being robbed in Haiti, feeling really sad because my entire household was depressed. Imagine watching some of your childhood football heros on the pitch crying(I'm saddened just writing about it now).

1989, 25 years old and the nightmare that is T&T WC qualifing is revisited...OH JAH!!... more depression.

2001(?) T&T's football team destroys Canada in the home and away on goal aggregate 6-0...very pleased. Haul Dey Ass!!

2001(?) watching T&T's football team beat Mexico 1-0 in Trini...no Mexican can ever talk football sh#t to me ever again. I could always remind them of '73 and '01.

2006 Unable to watch the T&T/ Mex game 2 live and being texted the highlights/lowlights...Imagine the emotional rollercoaster one goes thru reading "Stern miss penalty" "ah want to kill him"  "Mexico scores" then "Stern scores" and "Stern scores again"  "game done, Trini win"   and bawling like ah madman. ;D

dan yuh ole like de raod.

yuh have ah birthpaper or ah scroll :rotfl:

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2006, 02:14:48 PM »
In chronological order:

dan yuh ole like de raod.

yuh have ah birthpaper or ah scroll :rotfl:

it on papyrus  ;D

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2006, 07:08:54 AM »

In London, the game started at 12am and no bars were showing it. So worse than following the game on text is actually following it solely on the facial expressions of another man who following it on text message. And ever try calling people in the stadium to get a rundown? yuh cyah hear nutten over de crowd noise, then they just give up and say, "ah go call yuh back" leaving yuh hanging in foreign!!

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2006, 07:31:07 AM »

In London, the game started at 12am and no bars were showing it. So worse than following the game on text is actually following it solely on the facial expressions of another man who following it on text message. And ever try calling people in the stadium to get a rundown? yuh cyah hear nutten over de crowd noise, then they just give up and say, "ah go call yuh back" leaving yuh hanging in foreign!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: YEAH DAS AH GOOD ONE...REAL PRESSURE!!!  meh pardnah was in de same boat as you caise he watching my facial expressions and he cussin. :rotfl:

1]; } ?>