April 19, 2024, 07:15:15 PM

Author Topic: Sheva to chelsea?  (Read 3322 times)

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sheva to chelsea?
« on: March 30, 2006, 07:29:24 AM »
Chelsea are ready to offer Hernan Crespo in a £25 million swap deal for AC Milan striker Andrei Shevchenko.

The Sun says Blues' billionaire owner Roman Abramovich has finally persuaded Shevchenko to quit Serie A for the Premiership.

Sources close to the deal confirm the Ukrainian's Italian agent Fabio Paresi met Abramovich in London late last year to set the ball rolling.

The Russian and the Ukrainian World Cup goal-machine are personal friends.

But Shevchenko has repeatedly told Abramovich his loyalty to Milan would not allow him to jump ship and move to Chelsea.

The striker was originally valued at £30m after he pipped Ronaldinho and Thierry Henry to the European Player of the Year title.

But Chelsea have knocked it down because Shevchenko is now 29.

Crespo is happy to go in the other direction. He and Blues boss Jose Mourinho had a bitter fall-out, paving the way for his return to the club where he spent most of last season on loan.

Chelsea will smash their wage structure to pay Shevchenko around £150,000 a week AFTER tax - which will trigger pay rises for both John Terry and Frank Lampard.

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sheva to chelsea?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 07:30:17 AM »
A close confidant of AC Milan striker Andrei Shevchenko has played a major role in the Ukrainian's expected move to Chelsea in the summer.

It's emerged today that Shevchenko has told Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich that he's ready to move to London after three years of coaxing.

La Stampa says Sheva told Abramovich recently: "Istanbul still burns inside me. I want to avenge that night. But after that, I will see you in London in the summer."

Kristen Pazik, a close confidant of Sheva's, was spotted at Stamford Bridge recently and also at the club's training HQ. Like Shevchenko, Pazik has been good friends with Abramovich for many years and is now convinced the time is right for Sheva to join Chelsea.

The deal will be worth £35 million - with no guarantee that Milan will accept Hernan Crespo to bring the cash component down. But that won't put off Abramovich

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 07:36:33 AM »
Chelsea want everybody and simply buying players so others can't have them. But ok that is fine, but when you are a cheque book team the least you could do is play entertaining football. Chelsea have the most expensive team assembled and they does bore people to death.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 07:36:52 AM »
please don't let this materialize......i will be so flicking vex..... >:(

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 07:59:17 AM »
Seems like it's a done deal...

Chelsea land Milan's Shevchenko
By IAN MCGARRY, Daily Mail

08:09am 30th March 2006

Chelsea will sign Andriy Shevchenko from AC Milan this summer after agreeing in principle a four-year contract worth at least £110,000 a week to the Ukraine striker.
Sportsmail understands that the personal terms of the transfer have been agreed with Shevchenko, who is prepared to request a move from Milan to ensure that the deal goes through.

The signing will bring an end to three years of courting by Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich, who has tried to recruit Shevchenko on three occasions since he took over at Stamford Bridge in the summer of 2003.

On top of personal terms in excess of £20million, Chelsea are ready to meet Milan's valuation of around £35m for a player who has three years left on his contract. Hernan Crespo may become a £10m makeweight in the deal.

The wife of the 29-year-old forward, American model Kristin Pazik, visited London last month to confirm her approval of the lifestyle change.

She is believed to have been a guest of Abramovich and his wife Irina.

She visited the club's training ground at Cobham and was taken on a tour of properties in the surrounding area, where she and her husband expect to set up home.

The move for Shevchenko is a further statement of Chelsea's financial power, but more significantly of Mourinho's intention to rebuild the team for next season, adding players of the highest pedigree.

Bayern Munich midfielder Michael Ballack is also moving to Stamford Bridge and attempts to sign Arsenal's Ashley Cole will resume when the season ends.

While no fee for Shevchenko has been finalised with Milan, the Italian club have been kept informed of developments and talks with Chelsea have been going on for the past four months.

Crespo will be leaving Chelsea this summer and as long as his ally and admirer, Carlo Ancelotti, remains in charge at Milan, the Argentina forward will sign for the deposed Italian champions.

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho's search for a world-class striker will finally come to a successful end.

Chelsea, meanwhile, have announced an alliance with American soccer company AEG, who own or operate the franchise for four Major League Soccer clubs, including LA Galaxy and DC United.

The deal will mean Chelsea have first option on player transfers from those clubs — one of whom is DC's teenage star Freddy Adu — as well as the option of sending young players to gain experience in MLS football.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2006, 08:28:57 AM »
This hurtin meh bad.

AC is meh Italian side and to see we big player come to Chelsea not good atall.

Ballack too is real pace.

This jest further increase the Chelsea waggonism. I wonder how much men was really Chelsea fans pre-abramovich. I only know of one man name CLiff who was a chelsea man. Imagine he was so happy when they did get Jimmy FLoyd Hasselbaink...........look how times have changed.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2006, 08:40:13 AM »
This hurtin meh bad.

This jest further increase the Chelsea waggonism. I wonder how much men was really Chelsea fans pre-abramovich. I only know of one man name CLiff who was a chelsea man. Imagine he was so happy when they did get Jimmy FLoyd Hasselbaink...........look how times have changed.

Sheva should stick to his guns and stay at Milan. He is a legend there, as he is in Kiev. I've heard some interviews with Sheva and he seems pretty grounded. I'm don't think he's all about money. For his sake I think he should stay at Milan and retire there a legend. Just my opinion.

Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2006, 08:54:48 AM »
cliff must have season tickets by now..wouldnt be able tot take the ole talk

Offline bryonji

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2006, 08:57:51 AM »
Shevchenko laughs off reports of Chelsea offer

MILAN, March 30 (Reuters) - AC Milan striker Andrei Shevchenko has rejected newspaper reports that he has agreed a move to Chelsea. .................

.........But the Ukrainian striker told the Italian news agency ANSA: 'I don't know of any offer and I am calm. I don't need to deny anything, it is all clear. It is just that others keep talking about this story.'

every week is a new story about who moving where

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2006, 09:34:49 AM »
Careful Chelsea dont turn into Galacticos Volume 2

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2006, 11:20:49 AM »
Money talks- Bullshit walks.
 Pretty football or scoreline. Who is on top of the EPL.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2006, 11:21:45 AM »
Chelsea want everybody and simply buying players so others can't have them. But ok that is fine, but when you are a cheque book team the least you could do is play entertaining football. Chelsea have the most expensive team assembled and they does bore people to death.

boring or not they does still beat real teams...
If T&T play the most boring football in the world against England and we win, I go be happy

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2006, 11:25:50 AM »
MILAN, March 30 (Reuters) - AC Milan striker Andrei Shevchenko has rejected newspaper reports that he has agreed a move to Chelsea.

The Guardian reported on Thursday that Shevchenko had agreed 'in principle to a four-year contract worth in excess of £110,000-a-week' and that the player had told Chelsea he would put in a transfer request to Milan.

But the Ukrainian striker told the Italian news agency ANSA: 'I don't know of any offer and I am calm. I don't need to deny anything, it is all clear. It is just that others keep talking about this story.'

Shevchenko, who is in his seventh season with Milan after joining them from Dynamo Kiev, recently said that he hoped to emulate captain Paolo Maldini and stay with the club until the end of his career.

The striker has frequently been linked with a move to Chelsea who are owned by Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich, but he laughed off the latest reports saying: 'I'd like to thank the English journalists because this way maybe Milan will call me and extend my contract'.

This season Shevchenko has scored 19 goals in 24 Serie A matches and eight in nine Champions League appearances.

Offline JayTheWrecker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2006, 02:49:47 PM »
This hurtin meh bad.

i remember jumping for joy when Chelsea bought Kerry Dixon  ;)
Son, there's only two things that matter in this life. Family and Football. Everything else is bullshit

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2006, 04:08:22 PM »
This hurtin meh bad.

Sheva for Crespo?
If it is a swap deal then I say it is a fair trade

actually Milan safer because then had Crespo on loan and KNOWS he fits with their team and scores goals in Italy

I sure Shev could do the same in England but yuh does never know

I neutral on dis issue, i think it is a fair trade, both are excellent strikers

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2006, 04:31:27 PM »
MILAN, March 30 (Reuters) - AC Milan striker Andrei Shevchenko has rejected newspaper reports that he has agreed a move to Chelsea.

The Guardian reported on Thursday that Shevchenko had agreed 'in principle to a four-year contract worth in excess of £110,000-a-week' and that the player had told Chelsea he would put in a transfer request to Milan.

But the Ukrainian striker told the Italian news agency ANSA: 'I don't know of any offer and I am calm. I don't need to deny anything, it is all clear. It is just that others keep talking about this story.'

Shevchenko, who is in his seventh season with Milan after joining them from Dynamo Kiev, recently said that he hoped to emulate captain Paolo Maldini and stay with the club until the end of his career.

The striker has frequently been linked with a move to Chelsea who are owned by Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich, but he laughed off the latest reports saying: 'I'd like to thank the English journalists because this way maybe Milan will call me and extend my contract'.

This season Shevchenko has scored 19 goals in 24 Serie A matches and eight in nine Champions League appearances.

Dat is the Thursday morning story. Thursday's London Evening Standard had d move on d front page. His son and wife were touring Stamford Bridge.

Offline trinibug

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2006, 06:17:44 AM »
Money talks- Bullshit walks.
 Pretty football or scoreline. Who is on top of the EPL.
True, but is still sports entertainment. And as much as chelsea is my side (I find Zola shoud still be there) they real boring. Yuh will tolerate that wfor a couple seasons of winning, but I already turning off Chelsea games. Scumchester and Arsenal - them is teams you could watch, love them or hate them.
Must rhyme with an O

1]; } ?>