April 29, 2024, 01:16:42 AM

Author Topic: Mexico vs Paraguay is on Univision now  (Read 6214 times)

Offline UD Trini

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Mexico vs Paraguay is on Univision now
« on: March 29, 2006, 08:40:18 PM »
Just wanted to let everyone know that the Mexico vs Paraguay game is being showed on Univision. Paraguay scored in the 3rd minute. Game is a bit scrappy, may be a reflection of the bad condition of the field.
Latest update: Mexico just equalized through a penalty taken by Bravo.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
Re: Mexico vs Paraguay is on Univision now
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 09:15:00 PM »
I find paraguay looking good...maybe gally and the legions of others who warning about them may be right.  They really swettle down towards the end of the 2nd half.

Offline UD Trini

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 09:24:33 PM »
Yeah they are looking good in the first few minutes of second half. Mexico' s goalkeeper already had to make three important saves. On another note, Carlos Edwards' son came on in the second half......the man they call "Huiqui"  - apparently he still needs to rest his back. Score is still 1:1

Offline UD Trini

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 10:14:20 PM »
Game over. Mexico 2:1 Paraguay.
Bravo scored for Mexico a really nice goal - pulled down with his left, turned and hit with his right from the edge of the 18 yard box. Paraguay may be a 15 minute team - dangerous at the beginning of the halves but lose focus in the latter sections of the game.

Offline bryonji

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 10:17:43 PM »
was that their first team or was the coach looking at potentials for the world cup?

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2006, 10:39:07 PM »
this is the side mexico played with against paraguay.

México: Sánchez, Castro, Pineda (Huiqui 45’), Suárez, Davino (Rodríguez 45’), López, Suárez, Guardado, García (Medina 70’), Bravo (gol 30’ y 81’) y Fonseca (Torrado 77’).

México salió al campo en la segunda etapa, con caras nuevas en la defensa. El técnico Ricardo Lavolpe mandó a la cancha al Maza Rodríguez y a Joel Huiqui, pero no resultaron ser la tranquilidad en la zaga.

La defensa mexicana se mostró muy lenta e imprecisa a la hora de rechazar el balón,

thaz a quote from telemundo website basically saying mexico was trying new faces in defence, and that it showed, cuz the defense was slow and wayward in passing..even after bringing back 2 regulars to stabalize (carlos son and another dude)...(I also noticed that they couldn't play the ball out of the defence for jack...I thought it was b/c of good marking by paraguay up front though)

This is the Mexico side that played in the Hasely that some people argue was experimental also.

MEX: Jose De Jesus Corona – Francisco Rodriguez, Joel Huiqui (67: Mario Medina), Israel Lopez, Oscar Rojas, Guillermo Franco (74: Juan Pablo Rodríguez), Hugo Sanchez Guerrero, Jose Francisco Fonseca, Carlos Morales, Jaime Lozano, Luis Ernesto Perez (46: Alberto Medina). Booked: Huiqui 30’

this is the Mexico side that play us in the final  round WCQ 1st leg in Mexico

MEX: Osvaldo Sanchez – Mario Mendez (36: Alberto Medina), Ricardo Osorio, Aaron Galindo, Carlos Salcido, Jaime Lozano, Juan Rodriguez, Luis Ernesto Perez, Antonio Naelson (62: Ramon Morales), Jared Borgetti, Jose Francisco Fonseca (84: Omar Bravo). Booked: Perez
63’

look like 3 completely different sides.  Mexico really that deep?

now I see the nucleus.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 10:50:54 PM by bounty killer »

Offline UD Trini

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2006, 10:46:06 PM »
Volpe had named Borgetti in the side too but his appearence was dependent on the negotiations with Bolton, who may not have released him for the game.
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/060324/7/6dat.html

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2006, 11:05:56 PM »
Just wanted to let everyone know that the Mexico vs Paraguay game is being showed on Univision. Paraguay scored in the 3rd minute. Game is a bit scrappy, may be a reflection of the bad condition of the field.
Latest update: Mexico just equalized through a penalty taken by Bravo.

Thanks!

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2006, 11:56:20 PM »
What is the score

Offline UD Trini

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2006, 12:08:36 AM »
Final score was:
Mexico 2
Paraguay 1

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2006, 12:45:58 AM »
Final score was:
Mexico 2
Paraguay 1

Thanks...

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2006, 08:56:18 AM »
we can take that as good news..

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2006, 09:16:06 AM »
What is the score
like u eh even read de thread na

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2006, 09:53:24 AM »
So you guys that saw the game, how do you think TnT would match up against waht you saw from Paraguay last night?  I missed the game so I don't know how they looked but just want to know what you guys think.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2006, 10:23:14 AM »
according to the line-up we played a stronger mexican side than para, so i think we will cut para ass bc we will be playing together for one month and a bit and facing stiff competition, czech better than mexico, so para in trouble from we.

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2006, 10:30:37 AM »
What is the score
like u eh even read de thread na

It look so. I did even see that when i first read it.... I was kinda tired at the time

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2006, 10:56:31 AM »
according to the line-up we played a stronger mexican side than para, so i think we will cut para ass bc we will be playing together for one month and a bit and facing stiff competition, czech better than mexico, so para in trouble from we.

nah horse paraguay dominate the game and the Mexican players were clearly more inspired than they were during the t'dad game (I mean, everybody want to go w/c right?).  Mexico score the winning goal against the run of play.  the goal itself was a classic...but paraguay show they is a world cup team, they ent going and get no 8 in no word cup from nobody (like Saudi Arabia and potentially others).  They defence stand up to some strong pressure for long periods (I cyah remember the last time I see t&T defence face onslaught after onslaught and nobody on the backline make an error).  they play a weird brand of football...not together like Brazil or Argentina...but individual flicks adn skills up front, men cappin men with ease...Dog and dem could potentially be in a mess.  Dey play like nothing on the line...kinda remind me a whole lot of the mexican league.  In fact in my opinion, a il run against the top tea min teh Mexican league during the camp in germany might be a god way to prepare.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2006, 11:01:50 AM »
Realistically TnT is an underdog and we are billed as the whipping boys of the group.

Paraguary played exactly how they played for in the pass, They can pass the ball ,counter very quickly and foul a lot on defense.

I expect it to be a tough game when they come up against TnT.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2006, 12:01:07 PM »
Paraguay were missing players such as goalkeeper Justo Villar, defenders Carlos Gamarra, Julio Cesar Caceres, Jorge Nunez,forwards Jose Cardozo, Nelson Haedo Valdez, and Roque Santa Cruz.  So it was mostly a B team that played with the exception of Denis Caniza, Nelson Cuevas, and Roberto Acuna,

An 18 yr old guy played last night, Jose Montiel..he had a very good game, i think he made his snr debut last year .....I have seen him play a few games. he had an excellent game against Colombia in the WCQ...this a player I expect to surprise ppl in the World Cup......another one is Julio Dos Santos...another young talented midfielder.  he has played a little for bayern munich but it is hard for him to break into the team because of ballack.

Paraguay is very strong up front, very talented midfield (combination of experience and youth) plus their defence is very experienced (but old)....so don't judge them on a lost versus mexico last night.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2006, 12:43:08 PM »
good good news.WE HAVE THREE POINTS.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2006, 02:56:49 PM »
good good news.WE HAVE THREE POINTS.
whats funny is paraguay saying d same thing
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

1]; } ?>