April 19, 2024, 03:58:06 PM

Author Topic: TIME TO WAKE UP DE BOARD  (Read 4940 times)

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
TIME TO WAKE UP DE BOARD
« on: March 30, 2006, 06:34:47 PM »
LISTEN

this shyt in trini aint new by no means.

IT NEW TO ALLYUH IGNORANT ARSEHOLES

since i born i witnessing shootout.

i remember when i was about 7 my uncle was giving me ah haircut and two men rush de yard and chop him up to death.
right up in my face. all my cousins tell me iz go down by de drag mall finish my cut and they goin and take care ah de fellers and dem now.
i remember de night b4 common entrance i couldnt sleep because it had shootout whole night and i was too scared to sleep. wake up de next morning and iz bout 5 men dead including police and nuff men injured. i remember taking ah bath by de pipe and talking to ah man telling him i pass fuh st james sec and ah car pull-up and shoot him in front my face and tell me hurry up and bathe and i aint see nuttin. carlene was just 14 and me and she did just start dealing and she get shoot from police in she face and nothing come out ah it.talking bout russian rulette with friends??? i did know my gal dread stupessssssssss

i remember goin to school hungry (st james sec) and requesting box-lunch and dem laughing at me cause that was ah rich boy school and that c@#t tell me people in this school have ah reputation to keep and boxlunch iz not part ah it.

GUESS WHAT I DO???

tief every blasted textbook my eyes could possibly see and sell them fuh big bucks in express house. and anybody who dis was getting ah cutarse ah dey life. tru story, brand new clarks and all.

meh bredren couldnt go to school as much as he wanted to but he was bright no arse, got expelled now he end up the second most wanted man in trini. stupessssssssssssss

i could go on fuh days telling allyuh stories iz stories allyuh never hear b4 because de news never used to report what goin on up in morvant and lavantille and down in dem ghettos.

and i had a revelation and that revelation revealed that one day poor people wont be able to take it nomore and the problems of the poor would start knocking on their door. now guess what??? de rich man have to watch news now cause all of ah sudden men getting it in the rich areas now.B4 it was dem watching them stupid ghetto boys killing each other off, all of ah sudden iz ah big problem cause now deigo have more murders than we all kinda thing.

yuh could only reep what yuh sow and this crime was nothing but a reflection of the blasted stinking 90's me and meh bredren and dem grow up in. i listening to de radio and de man complaining bout crime and den he play ah bounty killa to finish it off. stupesssssssss

start back beating children in school. provide proper transport to and from schools.

when ah man tell yuh he from morvant stop judging him and treat him as an equal. imagine i in bago and tell ah man i from mova and he telling me doh bring that shyt to he island.

i make it  cause i believe and trust in GOD

BUT STOP TRYING TO TREAT DE SYNTOMS

CURE DE BLASTED DIESEASE.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 06:59:16 PM by morvant »
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TIME TO WAKE UP DE BOARD
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 06:48:25 PM »
and i had a revelation and that revelation revealed that one day poor people wont be able to take it nomore and the problems of the poor would start knocking on their door. now guess what??? de rich man have to watch news now cause all of ah sudden men getting it in the rich areas now.B4 it was dem watching them stupid ghetto boys killing each other off, all of ah sudden iz ah big problem cause now deigo have more murders than we all kinda thing.

Do you expect people in Diego and other areas to relate to things not happening in their areas? Of course people will kick up a fuss when things start to affect them directly, it's only natural.

start back beating children in school. provide proper transport to and from schools.

I never agreed with corporal punishment. Using violence against a child to punish them against using violence doesn't make sense in my books, there are other ways to discipline. But to each his own.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 06:53:01 PM by R45 »

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 06:53:56 PM »
I never agreed with corporal punishment. Using violence against a child to punish them against violence doesn't make sense in my books, there are other ways to discipline.

look at the big picture. thats what yuh consider violence???

the bible left us with instructions to live by

and spare the rod and spoil the child was pretty clear in my eyes.

how yuh go get disipline without disciplinning??

timeout and stand in the corner doh do nothing to kids breds. i did fraid Mr seethahal because he did beet bad and when he say jump was how high.

and by no means am i attacking you because thats your view and i respect it
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 08:47:08 PM »
big up to meh boy morva

in d words of baby cham

"i remember those days when hell was my home"

an doh feel so bad bout dem tex book yuh tief nuff doubles eat off a u an if yuh didnt cum to skool d bocas wudna b d same
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Lil Jodie P

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 09:14:26 PM »
well said Morvant. people really need to wake up and realise that the problem did not just happen overnight. they also need to see that it really is just a result of actions in the past. you do reap what you sow and now our country is paying for things that went down back when we (Morvant, Shotta, all the other youths) we just kids and maybe even before! this crime thing did not start overnight and it will take a lot more than one night to fix it.
we need to identify the problem in order to find a solution and our leaders are too damn caught up with themselves to see that... look at the kind of place us young ones had to grow up in. look at what the ones younger than us growing up in...i mean!
things pretty bad now and they only getting worse. and you know what...the ones that started this "curse" going to die out and it will be us left to live in the God forsaken mess.
FOREVER AND ALWAYS "Little Jodie P" :)

Offline Corbie chile

• meh mudda an faddah chile...
  • Jr. Warrior
  • i love being me....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2006, 09:04:34 AM »
i standin shoulder tuh shoulder wit you, morvant...

yuh dam rite...ist years now we national sense of right and wrong goin dong de plughole an only ah heap ah excuses geiin pass by de politicians tuh keep we ignorance at de rite levels so dat we ent see dat dey was linin dey own pocket (read: have foreign banck account, house in South Kensington etc)..

but now tings get so serious dat dey own asses frghten...

we need to stop bein apathetic...and wake up!
who vex loss

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2006, 03:20:57 PM »
WOW! This is the third post I've read and the same thing is being said just a different introduction. I just ended my last reply on another post with TIME TO WAKE UP!
Movantman, it look like T&T need ah real dose of JESUS yes.
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2006, 08:43:59 PM »
In all my time growing up in Trinidad i never see a violent fight, much less a man get killed in front of my own eyes

i dunno how i would be today if i had witness those things you seen nah morvant

that was a humbling thread.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2006, 03:11:45 AM »
In all my time growing up in Trinidad i never see a violent fight, much less a man get killed in front of my own eyes

i dunno how i would be today if i had witness those things you seen nah morvant

that was a humbling thread.

wow i agree.

Morvant        ah know yuh go say... it mek yuh stronger buh ah hadda say maself... ah sorry yuh had to go tru all dat.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline dombasil

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2006, 02:33:55 PM »
Morvant
Don't agree with you about the licks in school thing(I was on the receiving end of plenty from form one to five) but always had respect for you and you haven't said anything to diminish that respect.
You humble me with that post.
Nuff respect brother.

Offline nobody_s angel

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2006, 02:39:16 PM »

i remember goin to school hungry (st james sec) and requesting box-lunch and dem laughing at me cause that was ah rich boy school and that c@#t tell me people in this school have ah reputation to keep and boxlunch iz not part ah it.

GUESS WHAT I DO???

tief every blasted textbook my eyes could possibly see and sell them fuh big bucks in express house. and anybody who dis was getting ah cutarse ah dey life. tru story, brand new clarks and all.

So that is where my Geography book went.  :'( :'(

But off all kicks it really sad to see a generation growing up thinkg that all they good for and all their children are good for is construction work, CEEPEP and selling weed.

Some ppl really don't know what other people go through.

Aye and about that box lunch thing I remember that we didn't get any box lunch I really thought it was strange and one of our teachers really told you that?  >:(

It was real sad too cause there were genuinely children that could not afford to buy MS. Georgie pie. And text books used tp go missing real often for real.

And to the ppl who think that Mr. Manning and Mr, FitzPatrick don't know what is going on in these areas their heads buried in the sand. They are now trying to implement programmes but could it be a case of too little too late especially when a guy could sell some weed and gamble and make some quick and easy money.

I must admit my head was buried in the sand too I have lived Morvant for about 10 years now but my parents had a strong hold on my brother and I but you begin to open your eyes when the shootings start happening every two weeks and keep getting closer to home. It's hard when you see generation after generation growing up and getting worse than the last. It's even more difficult to try and explain to people not everyone living Morvant are bandits and hooligan.

Anybody saw Kaiso Fiesta? Brian London had a great song and one of the lines or the chorus I think went like this:
"he went CIC had 7 passes and when they asked him where he was living and he said Morvant they said NO VACANCY"

Thank good for my parents and I pray for the young ones in my neighbourhood cause some of them have forgotten about GOD.

Offline Johpants

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2006, 10:44:24 AM »
There is no doubt that successive governments should have and could do more. There is also equally no doubt in my mind that there is only so much that any government or agency can do for the real problem as I see it is that nobody is taking any personal responsibility. As Nobody's_Angel said by dint of the strong hold that her parents had on her and her sibling they didn't go down the wrong road. Look at Morvant man, with all that he saw growing up why is it that he is not another statistic or another one holding anybody to and for ransom? We all have or own wills and the power of choice.

Parents are choosing not to parent. Some see becoming a mother as a means to exacting a monthly income from some man. Some men see the notches on his breeding belt as proof of his manliness. The awesome responsiibility that comes with bringing a life into this world is lost and has been lost for a long time now on sooooo many of our people and that is one source of the problem. Imagine a twelve year old being told by none less than her mother that she is a woman now so she has to find some man to mind her. Or the fella on the block saying that he has to break in his daughter (never mind that she is a pre-teen) before anyone else gets a taste. Anyone choosing to believe that these are isolated incidents please think again because these are de rigeur in many of our communities. The sad part is that many people in these communities know that this is happening but choose to do nothing about it and in so doing condone and perpetuate this vicious cycle where our children are having their childhoods ripped from their grasp. With no normal childhood how can we expect to have normal adults.

Please do not fool yourselves into thinking that there is some kind of evil arbitrarily lurking in this our land. That evil didn't just decide to land on us. It is of our own making. Something terrible must have happened to at least the ring leader and most assuredly at the hands of an adult for him to want to satisfy his sexual urges in the manner that would cause such trauma to an innocent.

Another problem is that we have lost the belief that hard work brings its rewards, here I blame the politicians to a certain extent. You are provided with free education, you choose not to make use of it (I know that for some it is not a choice but I am speaking of the majority) and then you want to demand from the government that they must give you jobs. How can one employ the unemployable, people who thrive on the ghost gang mentality? I work with an adult literacy group here and there are so many who could not as well as those who by choice did not maximize the schooling opportunities presented to them in their youth but through some self respect are still honourable, constructive, productive citizens of this country who are not looking for any handouts but are doing what they can and some are very, very successful at what they do, to provide for themselves and their families. Mind you, they may not be in the minority, but unfortunately it only takes one bad apple to spoil the bunch and we sure have more than one bad apple.

We need to teach our children and find some way for some of our adults to see that we are blessed to be from Trinidad and Tobago and it should not be about what we can get but that we have a responsibility to this country and to those who will be coming after us that we all work together to build on our assets and work on finding solutions to our problems so that we all leave this land better than when we inherited it.

There are some bright spots, for instance the push by the entertainment industry to provide positive messages. This is a most welcomed start. And I am sorry Shotta but the importation of the hip hop culture complete with its demeaning jargon goes against this bright spot and I don't see anything positive in it but this is just my two cents.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2006, 10:18:58 PM »
There is no doubt that successive governments should have and could do more. There is also equally no doubt in my mind that there is only so much that any government or agency can do for the real problem as I see it is that nobody is taking any personal responsibility. As Nobody's_Angel said by dint of the strong hold that her parents had on her and her sibling they didn't go down the wrong road. Look at Morvant man, with all that he saw growing up why is it that he is not another statistic or another one holding anybody to and for ransom? We all have or own wills and the power of choice.

Parents are choosing not to parent. Some see becoming a mother as a means to exacting a monthly income from some man. Some men see the notches on his breeding belt as proof of his manliness. The awesome responsiibility that comes with bringing a life into this world is lost and has been lost for a long time now on sooooo many of our people and that is one source of the problem. Imagine a twelve year old being told by none less than her mother that she is a woman now so she has to find some man to mind her. Or the fella on the block saying that he has to break in his daughter (never mind that she is a pre-teen) before anyone else gets a taste. Anyone choosing to believe that these are isolated incidents please think again because these are de rigeur in many of our communities. The sad part is that many people in these communities know that this is happening but choose to do nothing about it and in so doing condone and perpetuate this vicious cycle where our children are having their childhoods ripped from their grasp. With no normal childhood how can we expect to have normal adults.

Please do not fool yourselves into thinking that there is some kind of evil arbitrarily lurking in this our land. That evil didn't just decide to land on us. It is of our own making. Something terrible must have happened to at least the ring leader and most assuredly at the hands of an adult for him to want to satisfy his sexual urges in the manner that would cause such trauma to an innocent.

Another problem is that we have lost the belief that hard work brings its rewards, here I blame the politicians to a certain extent. You are provided with free education, you choose not to make use of it (I know that for some it is not a choice but I am speaking of the majority) and then you want to demand from the government that they must give you jobs. How can one employ the unemployable, people who thrive on the ghost gang mentality? I work with an adult literacy group here and there are so many who could not as well as those who by choice did not maximize the schooling opportunities presented to them in their youth but through some self respect are still honourable, constructive, productive citizens of this country who are not looking for any handouts but are doing what they can and some are very, very successful at what they do, to provide for themselves and their families. Mind you, they may not be in the minority, but unfortunately it only takes one bad apple to spoil the bunch and we sure have more than one bad apple.

We need to teach our children and find some way for some of our adults to see that we are blessed to be from Trinidad and Tobago and it should not be about what we can get but that we have a responsibility to this country and to those who will be coming after us that we all work together to build on our assets and work on finding solutions to our problems so that we all leave this land better than when we inherited it.

There are some bright spots, for instance the push by the entertainment industry to provide positive messages. This is a most welcomed start. And I am sorry Shotta but the importation of the hip hop culture complete with its demeaning jargon goes against this bright spot and I don't see anything positive in it but this is just my two cents.

:applause: :applause: Girl I read this and ah smile yes

Well said and put across.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2006, 12:08:22 PM »
man I get some real licks oui and i would NOT want my kids to be treat so
Listen to dis
My dad brought me back to school after we had lunch and it was raining. well i had to run from de car to de school and I get wet. when i get inside de teacher tell me I was playing in de rain an I get ah set ah licks. My hands were so swollen I could NOT do any work for the rest of the day. If I ever run into dat teacher now is CUFF DONG. DOH care how old dat teacher is.
So you know my opinion

WestCoast yuh contradicting yuhself! In one breathe yuh against violence and in d other breathe yuh will CUFF DONG man who was violence to teach dem ah lesson?!  :-\ Why not turn d other check or thank dat ole teacher if/when yuh see him for all d licks yuh get dat help to mould you into d man that you is today?!  ;)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2006, 03:44:46 PM »
morvant i really didnt know u had it so rough.  i grow up in gasparillo and in marabella near the train line (in the back of hobosco cinema) and the worst thing i ever see was a man walk up the road naked as he born (he went off) sucking a dinner mint, the occasional cuss out between them jamette and one time a drugs man chase a fella right up the street, the man run in we yard, up the stairs and woulda come inside if i didnt hold the door shut.   meh uncle thru marriage get shoot christmas eve (he still have pellets in him) but thats about it.   them sprangers fed up tief the hose too

i do agree with alot of the sentiments expressed in this thread.  we need to focus on the youth, help raise literacy and promote education.  these are critical, and if we keep on failing...

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2006, 12:47:55 PM »
This is ah Post that should be echoed in eternity. Ah never lived it Morvant Man but ah know it cuz at times i have been on the judging end and as ah Pastor and ah bigger more responsible man I'd like tuh say ah Sorry hoss not just to you but the people i may have wronged!!!
MM u lived the life and lived it right and i respect you for that> but the harsh reality is we live in a suspect world and a suspect country with sustect rulers so theres little we can do but be the change we want to see
Forumites it starts with us We number about 1800 we're a small community and we have a voice lets use it. Thw SW and WN needs to set precident not just as a football supporters club but a voice in the system
Member... all things work together for good for those who love the Lord

Lewwe give de fadder de respect he deserve and vibes it up
Jah lives

Offline scarface

• Hero Warrior
  • ultra del vicchia signora
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2006, 09:10:56 AM »
aye aye you running for election in your own party man.........I go tell my family to vote fa you

Seriously,  :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: very well said Morvant

de people in power (dem Government people ent doing nuttin...dem ent LEADERS) and those who bank account FULL FULL, HAVE to do something to spread the wealth around and givin EVERYONE a FAIR shake.

& in the words of beenie man

"politicians make we vote, but dem just wha go rob
go in wit empty pocket, leave wit full money bag
drink champagne & laff & boast & brag"

what leaders?  ???

WestCoast yuh contradicting yuhself! In one breathe yuh against violence and in d other breathe yuh will CUFF DONG man who was violence to teach dem ah lesson?!  :-\ Why not turn d other check or thank dat ole teacher if/when yuh see him for all d licks yuh get dat help to mould you into d man that you is today?!  ;)
I see where ya coming from so maybe I should have said that I would do eveything to prosecute them........as dat was JUST one incident...that teacher should ah get tro in JAIL for all the crap day did..........SERIOUSLY.

There is a MAJOR differenece between ADULTS and KIDS....and adults have to STOP doin day crap

well the Socapro we obviously have no adults in our government or oppostion.  :(

Offline #8

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2006, 11:25:16 PM »
morvant..from a siparia hill/cocorite street youth to a morvant street youth...all i have to say is LARGE UP..for this thread and de kinda of youth you is in general. :beermug:

1]; } ?>