April 23, 2024, 02:10:14 PM

Author Topic: Post Game (T&T U-21 vs Dominica) Interviews  (Read 6417 times)

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Post Game (T&T U-21 vs Dominica) Interviews
« on: March 31, 2006, 06:14:38 PM »
CLICK HERE for the interview with Kevon Neaves.

Interviewers
Brian Springer (Patriot)
Gilbert O'Connor jr (oconnorg)
Jason O'Connor (Troy Piloy)
Emanuell Ettienne (pasdah beatz)
Kevin Holder (Shotta)
CLICK HERE for the interview with Ron La Forest.

Interviewers
Gilbert O'Connor Jr (oconnorg)
Kevin Holder ( Shotta )
Emanuell Ettienne ( Pasdah beatz)
CLICK HERE for the interview with Cleavon George

Interviewers

CLICK HERE for the interview with Dexter Skeene

Interviewers
« Last Edit: April 02, 2006, 06:51:56 AM by Tallman »
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Interview - Keavon Neaves after T&T vs Dominica Match
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 06:21:45 PM »
sounding very profesional  both neaves and the interviewers

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Post Game (T&T U-21 vs Dominica) Interviews
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 06:27:13 PM »
Excellent work guys.... !!!!!!!!
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline oconnorg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 06:30:43 PM »
good answers to de tuff questions

Yea I asked de hardest question.. lol.. no pun intended on the "hardest" question.. lol..

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006, 06:43:33 PM »
well done... ah rel sad ah din come boy Gil buh is extra lessons...

Next time ah go simply duck it.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2006, 06:58:04 PM »
Well done guys.  :applause: :applause: :applause:

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2006, 07:11:12 PM »
Nice work fellas fuh true . A good idea would be to for people to chip in and get a video cam so we could get some clips of the game . i for one would be will to do that
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2006, 07:19:29 PM »
Nice work fellas fuh true . A good idea would be to for people to chip in and get a video cam so we could get some clips of the game . i for one would be will to do that

as a man of my word i would chip in tonight if this would carry on to intercol

i hear shotta ask ah question

poi poi poi

next time ask more questions eh bredda. and request ah spanner from kevon too
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 07:21:47 PM by morvant »
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2006, 07:25:50 PM »

poi poi poi

and request ah spanner from kevon too

:rotfl:

ent.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2006, 07:29:07 PM »
nah yuh laughing

me and kevon good and ask MR MC when he was in florida fuh de trials earlier this year ah chain him up to beat this feller, he beat de man till he fall on he back. the whole crowd went mad.

he does share it nice on that left

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2006, 07:45:24 PM »
nah yuh laughing

me and kevon good and ask MR MC when he was in florida fuh de trials earlier this year ah chain him up to beat this feller, he beat de man till he fall on he back. the whole crowd went mad.

he does share it nice on that left

oh i believe you.

I just disappointed i couldnt be there.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2006, 09:16:27 PM »
I must say great job fellas ! Ah tink allyuh more organise dan dem REAL journalist.

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2006, 11:41:07 PM »
i real liking the interviews fellas...keep up de good work....

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2006, 12:09:32 AM »
Fellas, great interviews. The players' responses were very mature. Skeene's response was interesting. Anytime people mention a team's "organization" that is a direct attack on the coach. Though LaForest didn't himself miss the open chances, the bottom line is the team didn't play well in a competitive tournament. It will be interesting to see the TDs report says.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2006, 12:42:35 AM »
"well we ent really study what Dominica or Haiti do, or watch none of their games, we say dem have to study bout us and we just work on our game"

daiz what going on in 2006.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2006, 12:44:28 AM »
great job fellahs, keep it up down home  :beermug: looking forward 2 see de locals get a run against haiti

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2006, 01:00:40 AM »
good job on the interviews fellaz!!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2006, 03:46:24 AM »
Patriot we need your report !!!! you know we look forward to you bredda....

Who was subs, who for who, Edwards, Shane and Belgrave for who...

Alyuh nice interviews their boy, now we dont have to rely on de TTFF, because ah still waiting for a report... not one only when we win, but when we lose and draw to.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2006, 07:30:53 AM »
Damn nice work fellas  :applause:
.......... sorry i couldn't make it
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline oconnorg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2006, 07:35:42 AM »
On behalf of gthe other guys and my self, THANK YOU. all part of a forumites' work ! ;D

On a side note, there was a scout from MERCER university that was at the game, and after he was talking to La Foucard about some players..

His name is Tom Melville and he is the "Head mens Soccer Coach". If you all have some hidden talent that you think he should see, PM me so I can give you all his number. !

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2006, 07:37:33 AM »
On behalf of gthe other guys and my self, THANK YOU. all part of a forumites' work ! ;D

On a side note, there was a scout from MERCER university that was at the game, and after he was talking to La Foucard about some players..

His name is Tom Melville and he is the "Head mens Soccer Coach". If you all have some hidden talent that you think he should see, PM me so I can give you all his number. !

eh emm hardest

Offline oconnorg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2006, 07:40:45 AM »

eh emm hardest

Nah too old.. lol

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2006, 08:22:44 AM »
excellent work gilbert, brian, holder and the rest.

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2006, 09:48:44 AM »
Excellent work fellas. Tremendous contribution to the info pool for the forum and a probably a jolt to the sport authorities, trainers and administrators in making them realize how much real fans are observing and have a stake in what's going in football. They have to be accountable. This also reinforces the point about how IMPOTENT (note I eh say important) most of our traditional sports news institutions are and that ALTERNATIVE NEWS is the way to go till those in authority get the message and feel it where it hurts the most (Advertising dullahs). Of course there are exceptions with individuals like Shaun Fuentes and Lasana Liburd but they are far and few between and frankly JUST NOT ENOUGH. People out there are hungry for football news and other news too as we want to do somethinhg. I am so grateful to this forum for providing avenues for us to help ourselves get educated. You open the papers and there is hardly any constructive, analytical, investigative, local based, Scotland based, England based, Lebanon based, USA based, China based stories on our ballers and if dey geh one story the Socawarriors forum carried the story long time before. Ridiculous situation!!! What de hell going in dis country!!  I have to visit one of our newspaper's sports  dept and find out what de ass dey dores be doing. Blasted incompetent people calling demselves journalists. Is this a conspiracy or something?

On another note I am very sure that Ron La Forest is a true true patriot who has served donkey years and is trying his best but some people are wondering if he has that special....football brain and talent to..... impart to truly be effective with this under 21 side. Individually I am sure the players are great but I was at the warm up game U21 vs Joe Public and I could not reach in time for yesterdays game and I spoke shortly to Ron in the road in town but I cyah help but feel that he is a bit limited as I was dissapointed with what I saw on the field. I am sensing a drop in performance since Anton left and he took over. I know this a touchy topic and I don't mean to offend but could anybody enlighten or give their insights on whether Ron can handle this big job for which alot is at stake considering our long term plans that Lincioln Phillips outlined? Ron your heart is in the right place so forgive me for raising the question this way and by no means to I claim to know your potential so nuff respect for your contribution while others eh step up to try.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline oconnorg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2006, 09:55:47 AM »

poi poi poi

best believe that sw.net and the Nation will make its presence be felt in intercol.

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2006, 10:01:58 AM »
oh i believe you.

I just disappointed i couldnt be there.
Hard luck Jeff, I only found out about my meeting thursday. I hope tuesday is more forgiving.

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2006, 12:36:53 PM »
My Report will be posted on Monday please keep in mind ;D

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Late equaliser saves
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2006, 01:18:55 PM »
Late Equaliser Saves
By Joel Bailey (Newsday)

2006-04-01 00:56

JUDAH HERNANDEZ scored a 90th minute equaliser yesterday as Trinidad and Tobago Under-21 squad drew 1-1 with Dominica in a Caribbean Football Union (CFU) Group Two qualifier at the Larry Gomes Stadium, Malabar, Arima.

The goal saved the hosts the indignity of an embarrassing defeat after failing to capitalise on a proliferation of goal-scoring opportunities during the match, which was played in front of a crowd estimated at 2,000.

Desperately seeking an equaliser with just seconds to go in the match, national midfielder Kevon Neaves, attacking through the middle, found Hernandez, via striker Abiola Sandy who failed to collect the initial pass, and the dreadlocked Hernandez turned and powered his 15-metre shot beyond the reach of goalkeeper Glenson Prince.

A minute into stoppage time, Josimar Belgrave sent Hayden Tinto clear on the right but his cross was tipped wide by an alert Prince.

Those few moments of action clearly sparked life into the TT team, who hardly seemed capable of penetrating the brick-wall defensive Dominica outfit.

Sandy missed a series of chances in the first half — sending a shot overbar in the 12th; scuffing a chance during a 24th minute goalmouth scramble; failing to find the target in the 31st after a well-worked move on the right; and scooping his right-footer high in the 38th after good work on the left by Hernandez.

Captain Makan Hislop was unable to convert two freekicks but the Dominicans made full use of their only genuine goalscoring chance.

After Marcelle Francois was adjudged to have handled the ball outside the penalty box, captain Mitchel Joseph’s tame spot-kick was muffed by national goalkeeper Thorne Holder, and midfielder Roy Emanuel tapped the loose ball from five metres out.

With Josimar Belgrave replacing Yohance Marshall at the half, coach Ron La Forest switched his midfield with Clevon George on the left and Neaves in the centre.

But too often the TT players were found wanting in the departments of ball-control, shooting and passing, with virtually every player guilty of over-dribbling and attempting to drill home through the packed Dominican defence.

Sandy again had a goal-bound opportunity missed in the 58th as his curling left-footer from the edge on the penalty box, from a feed by Belgrave, hit the upright while substitute Shane Calderon blasted his 30-metre right footer wide moments later.

Belgrave saw his 65th minute low right-footer parried by Prince but neither Sandy nor Calderon were able to latch onto the rebound while Calderon, after weaving his way through the heart of the Dominican back-line, found Hernandez but the forward was unable to find the radar on his right-footed effort.

In the 84th, Tinto collected a low Neaves’ freekick but sailed his right-footer inches over the mark while four minutes later, Prince was forced to save a low Belgrave drive and, in the 90th, Tinto side-footed wide from a left-side feed by Akile Edwards.

It looked as if the Dominicans were on course to record the competition’s first upset, but Hernandez had other ideas and, in the process, secured a share of the points for both teams.

La Forest noted that he was disappointed in the result “because we wanted a win, no two ways about that.

“As I mentioned, Dominica, in the same field with us, I felt that was a no-show,” he said. “The problem today, as everybody noticed, was just the goal-scoring was lacking.”

With three days before the next fixture against Haiti, La Forest said the team will work on goal-scoring.

“As everything else, if you don’t have guys scoring for you, you need to change it around and see if you get guys who would score for us,” he said. “So I’ll be working a lot on the finishing.”

Dominica will oppose Haiti at the same venue tomorrow from 4 pm while the Haitians will square off against TT in the final match on Tuesday.

TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO: Thorne Holder; Makan Hislop (capt), Karlon Murray, Ancil Farrier, Marcelle Francois (Shane Calderon 54th); Yohance Marshall (Josimar Belgrave 46th), Kevon Neaves, Hayden Tinto, Clevon George (Akile Edwards 74th); Judah Hernandez, Abiola Sandy.

DOMINICA: Glenson Prince; Macaza White, Dafar Shillingford, Elmond Derrick, Augustus Pinard (Mahon Philogene 73rd); Roy Emmanuel (Lendl Johnson 71st), Lester Vital (Donan Fervier 59th), Shern Dailey, Leon Irish; Mitchel Joseph (capt), Daniel Francis.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2006, 03:10:41 PM »
good questions dreamer....i could give you MY answer
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile