April 27, 2024, 12:56:35 PM

Author Topic: Men's U-16 Football Thread.  (Read 27624 times)

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: U-16s in beach work out for CFU cup.
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2006, 04:57:18 AM »
sam does 2 guys were in the last u17 team we had which was about 2 yrs back they bout 19 yrs now. is it  tnt team or separate trini and bago teams. can som1 confirm that 4 me plz
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2006, 05:33:52 AM »
sam does 2 guys were in the last u17 team we had which was about 2 yrs back they bout 19 yrs now. is it  tnt team or separate trini and bago teams. can som1 confirm that 4 me plz

yup them to old
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 05:47:13 AM by triniman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2006, 06:17:51 PM »
They need to get a couple warm up games against the PFL teams beore the qualifiers start
Warrior For Life !!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2006, 10:18:40 PM »
Why are we now doin screening can somebody tell me. As 4 Corneal being in charge like they eh want me to juggle my schedule to see the youths them.

Corneal go and take notes while watch Wim. (according to Spalk)
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2006, 10:29:54 PM »
Why are we now doin screening can somebody tell me. As 4 Corneal being in charge like they eh want me to juggle my schedule to see the youths them.

Corneal go and take notes while watch Wim. (according to Spalk)
They say they screening to add to the team already in training.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2006, 10:50:45 PM »
So the players on the team how were they selected ? Was there not some screening b4? these new players did the stalk bring them or the talented plaers parents just saw 24 millionaires created so they allowing them to play football.

Unless the following is true it is just Trini lateness as per usual.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2006, 11:05:20 PM »
Sorry weary but I have to aks you to read before you post.

U-16s in beach work out for CFU cup.
By: Shaun Fuentes.
[/size]

This Saturday at UWI Grounds, St Augustine, some fifty players will come together for a final session from which new blood will be added to the existing Under 16 team which comprises the majority of players which represented T&T at the Under 15 regional tournament last year.
According to Corneal, this squad has been in training over the past few months and as such he is excited over the prospects of the bunch of players who he thinks would have matured over the year. Corneal was also in charge of the Under 15 team last year.
“We continued screening sessions because you can never end the search for players but we have in fact had a squad in training over recent times and this consists of the players who were in our Under 15 team last year,” Corneal told TTFF Media. “I am anticipating the shape of these players but we know it’s going to be tough going in any competition and we are prepared for that. The opportunity to have the likes of Mexico, Canada and the other guest teams like Panama, Guatemala and El Salvador will present us with a perfect opportunity to match ourselves with the outside team if we do in fact go through to the final CONCACAF stage.”
Some of the players of the Under 15 squad presently with the Under 16s include goalkeeper Jessie Fullerton, Franz Husbands, Sheldon Bateau, Leston Paul, Sean de Silva and Stephen Knox among others.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Corneal: U-16s must step it up.
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2006, 05:01:33 AM »
Corneal: U-16s must step it up.
By: Shaun Fuentes.
[/size]

National Under 16 team head coach Anton Corneal has called on his players to step up if they intend to prevent their dream from being taken away from them over the next two days  of group encounters in the Caribbean Football Union Under 16 Youth Cup. Corneal made the appeal after his team has to secure a late equalizer for a share of points in the 1-1 draw with Barbados at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium on Monday evening.
A Leston Paul 85th equalizer and several missed chances means that T&T must aim to get full points from Suriname when they meet from 5pm at the Ato Boldon Stadium on Wednesday and then they finish off the second round group phase against the powerful Haitians in Malabar on Friday. The two team finishing atop the four-team table will progress to the semi finals and will be guaranteed places in the CONCACAF Final round of qualification towards the FIFA Under 17 World Championship.
“We allowed Barbados to play their game and we waited too long to get into it. We finished the game the way in which we should have started and try to play throughout,” a disappointed Corneal told TTFF Media.
“Too many times we allow this to happen and the guys have to step up. We met a team that showed a lot of resistance but we created the chances later on and should have sealed it. This is a lesson for them because the other teams in the rest of the competition may not play the same way. They will make you pay for it.
“At this time our aim is to take back from Suriname what we missed out on today. The Haiti game comes after and we will take it one match at a time. But everyone’s in the same position now and there can be no complaints about the change of the format. There’s football to be played and we must do it if we want to make it through to the next round and then the World Championship,” Corneal added. Meantime, Barbados midfielder Edward Moss who went off injured in the second half is reported to have badly broken his leg in two places and the Wrexham youth player has been ruled out of the remainder of the tournament.

Upcoming Fixtures:

23.08.2006: Couva; Ato Boldon Stadium
BARBADOS – HAITI (15:00)
SURINAM – TRINIDAD & TOBAGO (17:00)

25.08.2006: Malabar; Larry Gomes Stadium
SURINAM – BARBADOS (15:00)
TRINIDAD & TOBAGO – HAITI (17:00)

23.08.2006: JAMAICA – PANAMA (15:00)
MEXICO – CANADA (17:00)

25.08.2006: CANADA – PANAMA (15:00)
MEXICO – JAMAICA (17:00)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 06:58:14 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Re: Corneal: U-16s must step it up.
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2006, 05:13:57 AM »
. Meantime, Barbados midfielder Edward Moss who went off injured in the second half is reported to have badly broken his leg in two places and the Wrexham youth player has been ruled out of the remainder of the tournament.

I wish the lad a perfect recovery.

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2006, 06:10:07 AM »
. Meantime, Barbados midfielder Edward Moss who went off injured in the second half is reported to have badly broken his leg in two places and the Wrexham youth player has been ruled out of the remainder of the tournament.

I wish the lad a perfect recovery.

Holy Sh*t .. I thought he was acting to waste time n the field...

Hard luck youth ..  Hope you have a speedy recovery!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2006, 06:16:51 AM »
So mr corneal if they dotn step it up will you walk away for good?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Justice is what de youths dem need overall..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2006, 06:53:05 AM »
"...Meantime, Barbados midfielder Edward Moss who went off injured in the second half is reported to have badly broken his leg in two places and the Wrexham youth player has been ruled out of the remainder of the tournament."

That is a real hard luck ..sounds like the tackle he succombed too was out of wildness and frustration (wit TT being down 1-0)...clearly this youth was (hopefully will continue to be) a player to watch...already playing in the youth system at Wrexham...how many TT youngsters are laying that kind of foundation? 
"...de way dem deal wit Mankind all mih gyal start bawl.."

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2006, 07:23:00 AM »
"...Meantime, Barbados midfielder Edward Moss who went off injured in the second half is reported to have badly broken his leg in two places and the Wrexham youth player has been ruled out of the remainder of the tournament."

That is a real hard luck ..sounds like the tackle he succombed too was out of wildness and frustration (wit TT being down 1-0)...clearly this youth was (hopefully will continue to be) a player to watch...already playing in the youth system at Wrexham...how many TT youngsters are laying that kind of foundation? 

Yuh mean how many has the opportunity to lay that foundation and some year back W connection beat wrexham in a tour of the Uk

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2006, 08:44:42 AM »
Key clash for Young Boyz in Caribbean football union youth championships
published: Wednesday | August 23, 2006

Paul-Andre Walker, Staff Reporter

JAMAICA'S UNDER-17 footballers will start today's game 90 minutes away from making sure they at least find themselves in the third and fourth play-off of the Caribbean Football Union Youth Championships being held in Trinidad and Tobago.

The Young Reggae Boyz will run on to the Dwight Yorke Stadium pitch to face Panama, having already dispatched Canada in impressive fashion to lead the Group B quarter-finalists on goal difference.

Behind the eight-ball

Panama are behind the eight-ball having already lost to Mexico in a closely contested 2-1 game.

Despite that, Panama are still expected to offer a stiff challenge to the Jamaicans but coach David Hunt has said that his team is relishing the opportunity to face them before the CONCACAF qualifiers.

"I'm happy for the change made by the CFU because it gives us the opportunity to match up against the teams we will be playing against them in the CONCACAF qualifiers so, to me, it is a blessing in disguise," Hunt had said after his team's 3-0 thrashing of Canada.

While Jamaica are on a high, they have not forgotten that this game is still a must-win because they don't want to have to beat Mexico to make their way into the final.

A victory in today's 3:00 p.m. fixture could mean Jamaica only need a draw against Mexico to top the group. However, they will still have to await the result of the Mexico/Canada match-up.

The format of the competition dictates that the top teams from the two-group quarter-finals will play against each other in the final.

Five remaining

The second-placed teams from each group will face-off against each other in a third and fourth place play-off. The top CFU team, of which there are five remaining (Suriname, Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago, Haiti and Jamaica), will vie for the top CFU spot.

The top two teams from the region will automatically qualify for the CONCACAF qualifiers. Jamaica, however, have already qualified for that tournament as CFU defending champions.

In other results out of the championships, Trinidad and Tobago drew their first quarter-final match against Barbados 1-1 while Haiti dismantled Suriname in a 7-1 affair

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Justice is what de youths dem need overall..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2006, 01:52:26 PM »

Yuh mean how many has the opportunity to lay that foundation and some year back W connection beat wrexham in a tour of the Uk

Boss, I en buying dat at all...once you could dream it, you can become it...You telling me that players cannot, without proper support (parents! coaches!), achieve the dream of playing abroad? 

If you set it as a mission ... hardwork and DEDICATION make it happen! 

That is part ofthe problem, we too often times ..say "nah I cyar be dis or dat, it too hard" ..... defeatist attitude...  I hope that Bajan youth makes it and inspire some of the other WI youths along the way..

Bless
"...de way dem deal wit Mankind all mih gyal start bawl.."

Offline dervaig

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Picture of U-16's on frontpage
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2006, 07:23:30 PM »
This is for the webmaster or moderator.

The U-16 pic on the frontpage.
Can you put a list of the names of the players
with school affiliation below the pic?

Is that possible?

Thanks,

dervaig

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Picture of U-16's on frontpage
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2006, 12:05:47 PM »
I think the man mean put the pic here and put the info.
I come back to this thread thinking i will be linking names to faces.

Thanks in advance moderators.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2006, 02:18:41 PM »
would also like to see what de fellers look like

:beermug:
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2006, 02:55:43 PM »

Visit de main page.  I eh sayin you, but it have plenty people does only come on de forum and missin out on all de hard work Flex does be puttin een.  It have so much information on de site it eh funny.  Lots to learn about T&T football.

Give it a try sometime.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2006, 03:55:02 PM »

Visit de main page.  I eh sayin you, but it have plenty people does only come on de forum and missin out on all de hard work Flex does be puttin een.  It have so much information on de site it eh funny.  Lots to learn about T&T football.

Give it a try sometime.

yeah i look but it have real men on that team i dunno by face and woulda like to see ah caption. but ago look again

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2006, 04:01:31 PM »

1.Jesse Fullerton; 3.Ryan O’Neil, 2.Mark Rivers, 5.Akeem Adams, 13.Stephen Chang; 7.Brenton Balbosa, 6.Leston Paul, 11.Daniel Joseph, 9.Chad De Freitas; 10.Stephen Knox, 12.Robert Primus.

PHOTO - Shaun Fuentes...
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline dervaig

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2006, 04:10:32 PM »
Webmaster, thank you!

Now, which school does each kid come from?
Asked another way, how many on the team
are from Fatima?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 04:12:56 PM by dervaig »

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2006, 04:11:43 PM »
yeah flex thanks

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2006, 04:18:04 PM »
Webmaster, thank you!

are from Fatima?

now you go and look it up either on the front page or via the archives.
Hart for president

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2006, 04:28:25 PM »
are from Fatima?

Jesse Fullerton (Queens Royal College)
Ryan O’Neil (St. Augustine Senior Comprehensive)
Mark Rivers (Marabella Senior Comprehensive)
Akeem Adams (???)
Stephen Chang (St. Augustine Senior Comprehensive)
Brenton Balbosa (North Eastern College)
Leston Paul (North Eastern College)
Daniel Joseph (Arima Government Secondary)
Chad De Freitas (Fatima College)
Stephen Knox (Holy Cross College)
Robert Primus (Malick Secondary Comprehensive)
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline dervaig

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2006, 06:36:25 PM »
Thank you Sir!

If I am not mistaken, Fatima has at least 3 or 4 on the
remaining 12?

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2006, 06:41:16 PM »
tallman yuh know if that primus related to de primus who played 4 malick/calidonia.(i dont know what team he playing for in de pro-league now tho) ah defender.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2006, 06:49:39 PM »
I think Robert Primus is the younger brother of San Juan Jabloteh's defender Ronald Primus (former U-23). Also, Kerry Baptiste (Jabloteh) and Christan Bapiste (Defence Force) is brothers.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2006, 07:56:57 PM »
ronald iz de damn man self

yeah flex thanks big-up

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Men's U-16 Football Thread.
« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2007, 12:55:21 PM »
NJIT Assistant Coach Kevin Leacock Helped Train u-16 National Team
njithighlanders.cstv.com

Aug. 22, 2007

NEWARK, NJ - NJIT assistant Kevin Leacock's coaching ability was recognized in July when he served as one of two assistant coaches that helped train the United States under-16 Girls National soccer team.

Leacock, who has special expertise in goalkeeping, helped in the training camp, which is designed to train and evaluate national-level girls as they advance toward representing the US in international competition with the ultimate goal of becoming full national team players.

Kevin Leacock joined the NJIT athletic staff in 2005, became the full-time women's soccer assistant coach in 2006.

An accomplished player in his own right, Leacock was the Operations Manager for NJIT Athletics in 2005-06, while also assisting NJIT as a part-time soccer coach in 2005.

A native of Trinidad and Tobago, he was a goalkeeper on that country's under-21 and under-23 men's national teams, where he played alongside many of the players who made international headlines for tying heavily-favored Sweden opening the 2006 World Cup.

Leacock represented his native country in the 1993 Central American and Caribbean Games in Puerto Rico and then at the 1994 Pan American Games in Argentina.

He came to the United States in 1995 as a student-athlete at Long Island University in Brooklyn, NY, and competed for four years as both a goalkeeper and a center back.

He and Tiffany Williams are the assistant coaches for NJIT head coach Alyssa Radu. The Highlanders are scheduled to open the 2007 season on Sunday, September 2 at Leacock's alma mater, Long Island University, with a 1 pm kickoff on LIU's Brooklyn campus.

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>