April 28, 2024, 07:45:03 AM

Author Topic: England stars 'gutted' over World Cup song  (Read 1675 times)

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
England stars 'gutted' over World Cup song
« on: April 03, 2006, 10:39:31 AM »
England stars 'gutted' over World Cup song  :rotfl:
Monday, 03 Apr 2006 12:05

The Football Association's choice of band to record England's World Cup song has not been embraced by David Beckham, Wayne Rooney and co, according to media reports.

An unnamed source close to the squad told the Sun that England's bling-bling stars were "gutted" that clean-cut, middle-of-the-road indie band Embrace were chosen to pen their World Cup anthem, as they wanted a bad ass rapper instead.

Rather than drawing up a tactical masterplan to bring the trophy back to England for the first time since 1966, the players have apparently been spending a great deal of time in recent months deciding on the more pressing issue of who should record their tune.

And according to the insider, the consensus was for US hip hop impresario and part-time political commentator Kanye West, famed for his love of girls, god and glamour.

Imagine their dismay, then, when music consultant Chris Nathanial, who had been drafted in to choose the artist, chose to overlook Chicago b-boy Kanye and instead plumped for the somewhat more down-to-earth Huddersfield quartet.

"A leading music consultant was paid good money to make sure an artist was chosen who the players would respect and be willing to work with," the source told the newspaper.

"Kanye West got a resounding thumbs-up and moves were made to get him on board.

"The players were gutted when they found out the FA wanted to stay British and Kanye had been snubbed."

England stars Wayne Rooney, Ashley Cole, Rio Ferdinand and Wayne Rooney are all self-confessed hip-hop aficionados, while England skipper David 'Straight outta Leyton' Beckham named his two dogs after his favourite rappers Snoop and Puffy.

Ferdinand and Rooney are also currently working on a MC battle-based TV show, Hip Hop Idol.

Still, while the squad may be less-than-enamoured with Embrace, it could have been much worse.

Apparently, Rooney had been attempting to plug a rap joint recorded by the Manchester United star's cousin, James, entitled Dreams as the perfect rousing World Cup anthem, which fiancee Colleen McLoughlin thought was "brilliant". We're sure it was a masterpiece, Colleen.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: England stars 'gutted' over World Cup song
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 10:51:02 AM »
LoL
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 11:07:17 AM »
they shouda get dizzee rascal to drop some verses.

but then many of the england fans middle-aged. i suppose they have to cater to them too.

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 11:22:22 AM »
they shouda get dizzee rascal to drop some verses.

but then many of the england fans middle-aged. i suppose they have to cater to them too.

Hey!

who are embrace anyway?

We should have got someone like the Kaiser Chiefs, Coldplay or Oasis.

Or maybe Voctoria Beckham ::)

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 11:44:21 AM »
maybe KC or oasis (when sober). coldplay would put everyone to sleep. i dig them but DO NOT listen to coldplay while driving to work. you are sure to nod off. you could go also go retro like the away shirt and use the darkness.....or gary glitter.

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 03:22:27 PM »
maybe KC or oasis (when sober). coldplay would put everyone to sleep. i dig them but DO NOT listen to coldplay while driving to work. you are sure to nod off. you could go also go retro like the away shirt and use the darkness.....or gary glitter.

WTF ??? Small matter of getting his perv ass out of jail, eh?
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2006, 03:48:15 PM »
I doh believe wha i reading.

KANYE WEST????

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
 dem actually expected dat to happen???
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

1]; } ?>