April 28, 2024, 10:22:40 AM

Author Topic: Powder Neck  (Read 10108 times)

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Powder Neck
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2006, 11:54:40 AM »
I never quite understood it, always used to see it in junior sec and compre girls... always associated it with being a bit ghetto (no disrespect intended). To each his/her own, I find it look stupid personally.

i agree with it being associated with the ghetto look..but i have seen grown women with the powder neck...but then again i from sth side...

this powder neck shizit going on real years now. Much more than 15.. More tan 20 infact.

I does ask them if deh powder up to go and fry in ah pan ah oil... Its a Silly look.. ewe.. i actually associate it wid nastiness.
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2006, 06:07:01 PM »
Powder disappeared for a few years but it coming back now.

But the style that in now and I find REEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAllLLLLLLL shitty is these young fellas in a argyle socks, Gunnin the bottom of the pants and pulling the socks over the hem of the pants. The effect is that yuh looking like a jockey riding horse, or a poor imitation of a soldier in parachute pants and boots.

When I tell yuh it irritating.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline vibetrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2006, 02:24:13 PM »
i think they powder they neck as it makes dem feel clean (jus like how some people does have to put vicks on dey nose to sleep)... it's habit, dey prob bathe den powder up. Although i agree with Kandi earlier post dat some may put it to give d illusion that they bathe.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2006, 03:20:09 PM »

But the style that in now and I find REEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAllLLLLLLL shitty is these young fellas in a argyle socks, Gunnin the bottom of the pants and pulling the socks over the hem of the pants. The effect is that yuh looking like a jockey riding horse, or a poor imitation of a soldier in parachute pants and boots.

that style start with clarks and just carried on because when yuh wearing ah clarks and de pants rub on it it affected de suade
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2006, 01:52:10 PM »

that style start with clarks and just carried on because when yuh wearing ah clarks and de pants rub on it it affected de suade

Morvant right.  That style start with Clarks and then man start to wear the socks inside out so all the thread showing.

Argyle socks was the go with Halcons and Kinkers too.  Allyuh remember them style?  ;D  They was right after Spoilers.

1]; } ?>