April 26, 2024, 04:09:05 AM

Author Topic: POST GAME INTERVIEWS - T&T vs HAITI U21  (Read 12351 times)

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
POST GAME INTERVIEWS - T&T vs HAITI U21
« on: April 04, 2006, 06:57:31 PM »
All Uploaded Now

CLICK HERE for the interview with Alvin Corneal.

Interviewers
Gilbert O'Connor Jr (oconnorg)

CLICK HERE for the interview with Bobby Sookram.

Interviewers

CLICK HERE for the interview with Tom Melville head coach at Mercer University

Interviewers
Jason O'Connor (Troy Piloy)

CLICK HERE for the interview with Lincoln Phillips, T&T Technical Director.
Interviewers

CLICK HERE for the interview with Coach Ron La Forest.
Interviewers

« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 06:06:07 AM by Tallman »
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
Re: POST GAME INTERVIEWS - T&T vs HAITI U21
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 07:06:49 PM »
yea fellahz yuh really have to listen to these...

Gilbert, again bredrin, well done.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 07:16:13 PM »
Clickin on dem interviews eh wukkin fuh me.  Thanks for all the hard work though guys.  Truly appreciated
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2006, 07:18:51 PM »
Clickin on dem interviews eh wukkin fuh me.  Thanks for all the hard work though guys.  Truly appreciated

Same here

But thanks and I'm sure you'll get it up and running

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2006, 07:28:14 PM »
yeah not working for me either...will check it again tomorro
Back in Trini...

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2006, 07:32:04 PM »
yea links not working  :(

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2006, 07:35:37 PM »
fellahz yuh really hadda check these interviews eh!

they really were top notch... especially the ones with Anton and most of all Lincoln...

everybody need to thank gilbert occoner... ah tell yuh while Fishs, Small Mag, Midkight and myself were liming and shit talkin... dis man was workin hard... he din waste time in getting in the crucial interviews...

really nice work Gilbert.

and thanks for de pick up and drop again... I really appreciate.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2006, 07:37:15 PM »
what i really want to hear is why Farrier who is a defender come on to replace and attacker wen we down...that sub mystify meh!
Back in Trini...

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2006, 07:42:18 PM »
what i really want to hear is why Farrier who is a defender come on to replace and attacker wen we down...that sub mystify meh!
:rotfl:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2006, 07:43:44 PM »
Hey guys, the interviews are all uploaded.. Check them out.!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2006, 07:59:09 PM »
Thanks man occonorg....Lincoln making real sense....Basics lacking..movement off de ball is a basic ting and we lack it.
La Forest say we want results in a short space of time tho..that is usually true but he get plenty time with this team..had the miami camp and all de practice games so i hadda say hard lucks..yuh had time wit the team and it eh looking like yuh working out
Back in Trini...

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2006, 08:26:36 PM »
@ da end of Alvin Corneal interview he said he doh care what anybody on da site say bout him  :rotfl:
i like wat Lincoln Phillips say though
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 08:29:47 PM by Kingk »

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2006, 08:27:14 PM »
Thanks man occonorg....Lincoln making real sense....Basics lacking..movement off de ball is a basic ting and we lack it.
La Forest say we want results in a short space of time tho..that is usually true but he get plenty time with this team..had the miami camp and all de practice games so i hadda say hard lucks..yuh had time wit the team and it eh looking like yuh working out

while Gilbert, Midknight, Fishs and myself were doing the interview wit Jamaal... one oif the camera man said that Haiti appearantly prepared for this tournement by going to AFRICA and playing ah setta african youth teams and the likes...

how dey got the funding we doh know... maybe de rasta man was talkin chuppidness but i doubt he wouldnt tell the truth about dat...

ah feel alikkle sorrry for him... i suppose Fishs so tired cuz we talkin about football now for a good few hours... and he had a few drinks in him... de rasta man was sorta holdin us up to make he own few points... buh Fishs who is givin de man a drop is, at this point, pretty disgruntle and interupts... "oh gord rasta, get in de f**kin car nah"

Fishs may "scale" meh alive buh ah hadda tell yuh... dat was hilarious.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2006, 08:29:55 PM »

while Gilbert, Midknight, Fishs and myself were doing the interview wit Jamaal... one oif the camera man said that Haiti appearantly prepared for this tournement by going to AFRICA and playing ah setta african youth teams and the likes...

how dey got the funding we doh know... maybe de rasta man was talkin chuppidness but i doubt he wouldnt tell the truth about dat...

ah feel alikkle sorrry for him... i suppose Fishs so tired cuz we talkin about football now for a good few hours... and he had a few drinks in him... de rasta man was sorta holdin us up to make he own few points... buh Fishs who is givin de man a drop is, at this point, pretty disgruntle and interupts... "oh gord rasta, get in de f**kin car nah"

hmmmmmm if they really do all dat i really want to kno where de ass them get that funding...but i guess we wudnt be able to confirm that story
Also i am pretty sure that the Haiti team has played together longer than our side..but i still tink La Forest had enuff time to get our team together properly
Back in Trini...

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2006, 08:37:57 PM »

hmmmmmm if they really do all dat i really want to kno where de ass them get that funding...but i guess we wudnt be able to confirm that story
Also i am pretty sure that the Haiti team has played together longer than our side..but i still tink La Forest had enuff time to get our team together properly

yea, I agree... I think they could have done some research on dis Haitian team... considering that this Haitian preparation story is true... and scheduled a more rigourous training schedule... a few matches in florida against one or two small university may not cut it...

I think this win here may be a good thing however... it really has amplied our problems... Even though the repercussions of this will undoubtly be eating away at our pride... it has made our problems clearer... hence solutions may also be alittle clearer...

We really have to try to move forward with this in a positive manner.

Is time to get serious.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2006, 08:40:48 PM »
very true...problems showing blatant...so cannot (hopefully) be ignored!
jefferz i mus say this the most consecutive non shit talk posts i see yuh make!!!  ;D
cheers man! keep it up!
Back in Trini...

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2006, 08:42:17 PM »
men unfit

in the year 2006 we still talking about men unfit and thing.

I thought that was a longtime excuse.

back in form 1 a coach did tell me to get fit that was in 86
20 years now gone and we still unfit.

solution : Make the field smaller, we good fit for small goal.

Lincoln talking bout a microcosm of society and all that Jazz, Talent and skills, great players.

my ass

Stone them down

That will bring results quick.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2006, 08:43:42 PM »
very true...problems showing blatant...so cannot (hopefully) be ignored!
jefferz i mus say this the most consecutive non shit talk posts i see yuh make!!!  ;D
cheers man! keep it up!

:rotfl: stewps.

yuh know it true.

Is something about hearing Lincoln talk earlier tonight... He had the conviction and understanding his players couldnt grasp before de game... is unfortunate but its still hopefull.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2006, 08:46:05 PM »

Haiti serious 'bout they football breddah. They on ah mission. Even here in Miami the Football team make news (The senior team was based here and NOT in Haiti and they was travelling all 'bout de place playing games). The money for the team comes from the wealthy Haitians IN HAITI. YES...their private sector supports and sponsors their team and that country is football mad, and yes, though the country is obviously mostly poor, THERE ARE QUITE A FEW EXTREMELY WEALTHY HAITAINS, contrary apparently to prevailing opinions on this board.

Not only that, as much as many unknowing Trinis (The Waggonists) seem to think they are pushovers, they don't hold the current Trini teams in very high regard either. They are very proud. They do hold our 1974 team that dey tief out in high regard though and Warren Archibald in particular seems to have captured their awe. Ask any true Haitian football fan who Archibald  is and you will be astonished. Most Trinis never hear 'bout he.

That Haiti team we just play will be tears in the future. Yuh think we going WC2010 with our current team? They halfway there already. That is the future competition. We have PLENTY catching up to do.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2006, 08:50:53 PM »
You guys must think that there is actually no money at all in circulation in Haiti.

Well, since you're asking let me tell you that our football federation just signed a contract of US$3,000,000 with Digicel and the private sector has always been supportive to Haitian football even when things are not going right for us. Haitians living abroad also fund their national teams. That's why Haiti is able to participate in all major regional competitions eventhoughthe country is experiencing some difficult moments.

BTW, for us going to Africa costs about the same if not less than coming to T&T. That's why you guys should consider your team blessed that it's allowed to host all these competitions.
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2006, 08:51:48 PM »

Haiti serious 'bout they football breddah. They on ah mission. Even here in Miami the Football team make news (The senior team was based here and NOT in Haiti and they was travelling all 'bout de place playing games). The money for the team comes from the wealthy Haitians IN HAITI. YES...their private sector supports and sponsors their team and that country is football mad, and yes, though the country is obviously mostly poor, THERE ARE QUITE A FEW EXTREMELY WEALTHY HAITAINS, contrary apparently to prevailing opinions on this board.

Not only that, as much as many unknowing Trinis (The Waggonists) seem to think they are pushovers, they don't hold the current Trini teams in very high regard either. They are very proud. They do hold our 1974 team that dey tief out in high regard though and Warren Archibald in particular seems to have captured their awe. Ask any true Haitian football fan who Archibald  is and you will be astonished. Most Trinis never hear 'bout he.

That Haiti team we just play will be tears in the future. Yuh think we going WC2010 with our current team? They halfway there already. That is the future competition. We have PLENTY catching up to do.

Well put... and thanks for the extra information.

I was begining to think that Aristide was trying to get back into good favour...

glad to hear the wealthy are actually donating money to help them... i actually felt proud of their progress through their many adversities... and really ah not just saying that... and they really looked like ah team... not just individuals... like how we players wuz just spread out everywhere over de car park... they were together talking even before de got on thier bus together...

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2006, 08:55:52 PM »
You guys must think that there is actually no money at all in circulation in Haiti.

Well, since you're asking let me tell you that our football federation just signed a contract of US$3,000,000 with Digicel and the private sector has always been supportive to Haitian football even when things are not going right for us. Haitians living abroad also fund their national teams. That's why Haiti is able to participate in all major regional competitions eventhoughthe country is experiencing some difficult moments.

BTW, for us going to Africa costs about the same if not less than coming to T&T. That's why you guys should consider your team blessed that it's allowed to host all these competitions.

toussaint thanks for de run down man...glad to see yuh private sector behind the team...even thru hard times...that is de mentality that lacks in trinidad..we sector is fair weather supporters most of dem
Back in Trini...

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2006, 09:01:24 PM »
@ da end of Alvin Corneal interview he said he doh care what anybody on da site say bout him  :rotfl:

Some weeks ago when lincoln was  on i95.5 alvin call in and complain how come leo  did not have a second 11 playing with osi telford darell roberst and some other US college base playing and training WITH THE TEAM  . Now he bawling that alot of them players in the US not keeping fit steeps
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2006, 09:02:53 PM »

Some weeks ago when lincoln was  on i95.5 alvin call in and complain how come leo  did not have a second 11 playing with osi telford darell roberst and some other US college base playing and training WITH THE TEAM  . Now he bawling that alot of them players in the US not keeping fit steeps

sigh.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2006, 09:08:54 PM »

The problem I have is how come a coach playing unfit men on he team. I thought that would have been a common sense thing.Look at Leo...He PUBICLY stated that only men who PLAYING REGULARLY getting ah sweat. De man eh make no bones about dat. That should be a given. Faulty thought process by LaForest. He did not take charge. He coaching without conviction. He hah to fire de wok.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2006, 09:15:19 PM »
Quick question.
When does the NCAA season end/start?  (March?)

Toussaint, stick around.  I think you can contribute to the forum.  Quite a alot of people here will be interested in what you have to say.  You seem to have respect for T&T and I think you will get the same from most EXCEPT when we play Haiti   ;D

A British tabloid recently accused us of planning to use voodoo against the English players so it's sorta coincidental we played you'll soon after.   VOODOO WARRIORS?
Maybe the voodoo talk would have still come up but if you know Trinis you won't take it on.

Congrats on the win   :beermug:

Offline Lakay

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2006, 09:19:26 PM »
Guys,

I decided to stick around we're all brothers anyway.  I'm from Haiti (The slave ship dropped my ancestor off and dropped my brother in T&T).

I listened to the first interview Alvin, and I can tell you that this fitness excuse is ridiculous, the part about players training by themselves is even worst.  Nothing replace the experience of league matches, high level competition is essential for a player to improve his game.  All those Haitians play first division Fottball in Haiti and like I told you guys before some of them are regular starters.  They left some of them out off the team to avoid impacting league play too much.  I could name a handfull of players that should have made the squad.  If your U-21 team is not playing League Football week in week out, T&T needs to rethink their strategy.

Good luck in the World Cup Guys! Represent us well!

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2006, 09:21:48 PM »
All Uploaded Now

CLICK HERE for the interview with Alvin Corneal.

Thanks a lot   oconnorg.   After saving, one can listen and the sound is clear.   

The fitness excuse is simply not acceptable.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2006, 09:23:27 PM »
yeah Lakay and Toussaint stick around for sure man....
thanks for de support and keep contributing!
Back in Trini...

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2006, 09:35:24 PM »
Quick question.
When does the NCAA season end/start?  (March?)

Start September end in December.

1]; } ?>