April 18, 2024, 10:37:22 PM

Author Topic: How should our online community respond to the recent heinous act  (Read 952 times)

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
that was inflicted on a child?

I believe that this online fraternity needs to do something. One possible immediate action could be a period of mourning where we express solidarity with the family and affected communities.  The specific action could be a 12 hour period of no posting, where only a  white screen with a simple message (for example,  urging action to protect innocent children)  is displayed.  Short term and longer term responses or actions or solutions
of course depends on the larger communities, in which we can play some role.

If this message is moved,  I will still respect the moderators and not take it as a sign of indifference because ``how to respond’’ is also a difficult issue.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
Re: How should our online community respond to the recent heinous act
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 09:43:34 PM »
yea its a good idea storebay i agree with you.

We should try and organize something soon in the Gerneral discussion section.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: How should our online community respond to the recent heinous act
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 08:44:15 PM »

The event(s) around the murder of Sean Luke marks a turning point in the consciousness of many of our countrypersons inside and outside of Trinidad and Tobago.    Our online community cannot carry on as usual.  Besides my earlier suggestion, I would like to send or participate in a project that sends a message to the law-abiding youths letting them know that we will do all we can to protect them, and also speak about the positive influence of sport.

In Oconnorg’s interview with Lincoln Phillips, after the TnT- Haiti U21 game, Mr Phillips made the cryptic remark `` Sports is a microcosm of society, and if there is a breakdown in society, there will be a breakdown in sports.  Don’t point at the coaches, don’t point at them.  It is a breakdown in society and we must change it.’’

1]; } ?>