April 27, 2024, 12:10:43 AM

Author Topic: Boldon: Govt not to blame  (Read 1693 times)

Offline E-man

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Boldon: Govt not to blame
« on: April 05, 2006, 06:15:40 AM »
Boldon: Govt not to blame
by Richard Lord (Express)

Wednesday, April 5th 2006

UNC Senator Ato Boldon chats with Sadiq Baksh before his maiden speech in the Senate yesterday.

IN his first presentation in the Senate, recently appointed Opposition Senator Ato Boldon said Government was not to blame for the spiralling crime rate in the country.

He said, however, that the death of Sean Luke should not be in vain as the nation must learn to take measures to ensure such incidents do not happen in the future.

Boldon said while crimes like kidnapping for ransom had been reduced, the murder rate had reached an all-time high for the first three months of the year.

Boldon was congratulated by Senate President Dr Linda Baboolal for his maiden speech.

"The bottom line right now is that as a country we are in a state of emergency. The young people that I speak to in this country feel that Trinidad and Tobago is a country that could not be in a worse state," he added.

He questioned whether enough was being done to ensure that young people felt appreciated in the country.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Boldon: Govt not to blame
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 06:58:54 AM »
The man entitled to he opinion oui

Even though I think he dead wrong....or at least partly wrong, the government doh cause crime obviously, but the frequency is another story
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Corbie chile

• meh mudda an faddah chile...
  • Jr. Warrior
  • i love being me....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 07:32:17 AM »
i read that article this morning and had to take my time to respond...

whilst it is true that the government is not to blame for crime, the fact that the crime rate is spiralling is theirs to shoulder...

they cannot walk away thinking they are absolved of all blame...
who vex loss

Offline vibetrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 08:13:07 AM »
The Govt represents the people, and if the people still divided, how u expect the govt. to do any differently as they only reflect the state of our society at present. If real change has to occur, it has to start at the grass-roots level... Trinis have to stop dividing themselves into classifications based on phenotype... and once they feel a brotherhood of being Trinis despite what skin color u have or hair type, then Kidnapping n murder go happen much less, as iz like killing yuh brother... rite now men hate another man based on sterotype alone and any lil brawl could result in a knifing or shooting yuh... if u see eachother as brothers, even in a lil brawl u aint go feel as if u go dead at the end of d brawl or be seriously injured or your family kidnapped in respite.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 02:16:03 PM »
that title of de express article is misleading to say the least...But i guess it get yuh attention and that what they want!
Back in Trini...

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 05:22:37 PM »

So dis mean the Express is ah PNM paper or is just de regular journalistic watlessness   :devil:

I want to see the Hansard online or something.  No point in getting these 3rd party accounts when the real ting available.

matter of fact they should have streaming video so we could see who sleeping and who not there   :devil:

dreaming dreaming dreaming 2020 visions

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 08:33:32 PM »
when children do shit yuh blame parents.........when de country in an uproar yuh blame de government.it is de same fukin ting.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

1]; } ?>