April 29, 2024, 11:42:23 AM

Author Topic: Lincoln Phillips role...  (Read 4310 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Lincoln Phillips role...
« on: April 05, 2006, 09:52:33 AM »
Things we must understand. Guys, not making any excuses for our under 21 teams poor performance in the CAC games and I am not trying to side for anyone.

There must be a way to get Lincoln's concerns about the limitations of the U-21 program so people understand that all he can do is provide the opportunities and advice. Once the team is on together and on the field it is up to the coach and players. How many people know that he does not select the coaches, he can only advise. I saw the Tampa report and;

1) Lincoln wrote very clearly that the best scenario for all the national teams is to have an experienced foreign coach for each team from U-12 and up and have T&T assistant coaches so coaching development continues.

OR

2) The next best scenario would be to have coaches from T&T who have developed their coaching abroad and bring them back.

But there are limitations that will make these scenarios difficult to come through and what you have to use you have to use.

There are many things that cannot be discussed in details and it is affecting the teams and programs to some point.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Lincoln Phillips role...
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 09:58:53 AM »
Things we must understand. Guys, not making any excuses for our under 21 teams poor performance in the CAC games and I am not trying to side for anyone.

There must be a way to get Lincoln's concerns about the limitations of the U-21 program so people understand that all he can do is provide the opportunities and advice. Once the team is on together and on the field it is up to the coach and players. How many people know that he does not select the coaches, he can only advise. I saw the Tampa report and;

1) Lincoln wrote very clearly that the best scenario for all the national teams is to have an experienced foreign coach for each team from U-12 and up and have T&T assistant coaches so coaching development continues.

OR

2) The next best scenario would be to have coaches from T&T who have developed their coaching abroad and bring them back.

But there are limitations that will make these scenarios difficult to come through and what you have to use you have to use.

There are many things that cannot be discussed in details and it is affecting the teams and programs to some point.

Flex I thank you for this post. if it is as you say then I take back what I have said about lincoln because it is exactly 1what i have been sggesting as the way foward.
i guess maybe the other variable ...the jack factor... is more signicant  than even I thought.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 10:18:41 AM »
none of that $42 million not even goin to the U-21.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 10:26:31 AM »

$16 million is going to development programs

Lincoln also got something like $13 million last year

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 10:29:20 AM »

Is there a technical Committee that chooses the coaches or something?

I don't think that is confidential or sensitive info so what is the setup for selecting coaches?

Simoes chose his coaches when he was TD....how things change?

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 10:30:59 AM »
Questions about fitness and attitude (mainly attitude) are important.  There are ways to passively test psychological fitness (attitudes) during training.  Maybe those in charge should invest some time into these strategies, so that we don't have players that represent us with the wrong attitudes - like not caring about the result, as long as they could go to the club afterwards; or they playing to show off in front of their girlfriend; or they don't truly understanding the significance of representing the entire country on the international stage; or they playing half-way football during practice expecting to shine on game day (this is a major offense in my book).  
I think that coaches should be drastic and simply drop players on short notice, until people start acting like Clayton Ince  ;) fighting to get a place on the team.  
Another thing.  If we are having talent problems, maybe we should start depending on players that could be more readily available to train day-in day-out until they gel properly.  If that means excluding certain players, so be it.  But of course they must be paid to compensate for not having a regular job.

This thing takes serious investment and commitment or else the cycle will continue.
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 10:31:10 AM »

OR

I agree with both scenarios in dat order.TTFF must make it happen if we are to move forward.Not Jack Warner...... TTFF!

Scenario 3 is coaching de coaches.Not just technical aspects of de game but ah whole hollistic approach.

Scenario 4  Put de Academy together.Take one of the old youth camps either Chatham or Chagaramas which have plenty land and convert it into a youth academy with the top 40 players from Under 12 and up.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 10:32:42 AM »
I hope the money they get from the gov't for the Youth Development Programs is used for Option 1.

We are years behind the curve....ah hope we Use the money wisely.

Experienced Foreign based coaches and Local Players. That is the way to go.

Our U21 needs to be Professional players in a professional atmosphere...we just cant compete on the world stage taking School Boys. It not gonna work.

I applaud Option 1 :applause: :applause:

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2006, 10:33:28 AM »

$16 million is going to development programs

so they say but ah hope so

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2006, 10:36:58 AM »
I am sure the under 21 team didn't get $13 million last year.. most or half went to the senior team.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2006, 11:13:46 AM »
Too bad.
I thought the money was for youth development with the senior team separate.

SW Online Exclusive Interview with Lincoln Phillips.
By: Flex Mohammed.

SW a.) I believe the Ministry gave Mr. Phillips (the TTFF) $13 million to work with for youth development. But that was announced long time ago and I haven't heard anything of it since.

LP: The Ministry approved $ 18 million dollars. Initially, the proposal to run the program annually was $ 29 million dollars. The remaining $ 11 million dollars will hopefully come from the T&TFF, corporate sponsorship, fundraisers or all of the above. Approval of money does not always mean that all the money is available immediately. The newly formed SCOTT program is still in its embryonic stage and areas of resource management and disbursement of funds are still being fine-tuned. During this transitional period, however, some finances have been released to the T&TFF underwriting the following projects:

He went on to list 3 categories where the money was going and the last one, Travel Teams (Practice/Tournaments), included the senior team   :(   I guess they guzzle up half the money   ???

I hope they separate the funds properly this time around.
I coulda swear money was set aside specifically for Lincoln's youth programs (GOAL 2014) but maybe it either get hi-JACK or I was mistaken.

didn't the gov give de ttff 18 million or so fuh development and Lincoln Phillips using dat fuh youth development?

from piece himself    :devil:

TrinInfinite

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2006, 11:29:07 AM »
lincoln doin he bess oui, at least the man care tuh come back tuh trinidad and try tuh make a diff, allyuh think dealing with the ttff is easy or wha? foreign coaches or tt coaches who work abroad is de bess answer, assts should be trinis who are willing to learn from an outsider, which is very hard for local coaches bc of their pride and wateva else keepin dem back from learning, sheer ignorance

Offline Patterson

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2006, 11:32:37 AM »
lincoln doin he bess oui, at least the man care tuh come back tuh trinidad and try tuh make a diff, allyuh think dealing with the ttff is easy or wha? foreign coaches or tt coaches who work abroad is de bess answer, assts should be trinis who are willing to learn from an outsider, which is very hard for local coaches bc of their pride and wateva else keepin dem back from learning, sheer ignorance

that is why we could neva reach anywhere in this country

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2006, 02:48:05 PM »
From talking to Lincoln many times, he seems like a very well educated man with a desire to do his best, he also loves T&T and whats to give something back...

The only thing I can say about him bad is, he needs to learn when to put his foot down. He dont realise that its the TTFF he working for and they have some selfish bad minded people who will cut he throat in a minute. He feel that if he dont get involved they will just go away and he not realising that the more he do and be successful is de more they will come at him because they want to be incharged or they have somebody waiting for de job. I hope Jack Warner is as smart as we think he is, because de same men who running and carring news is de same men who will try and cut him down if they ever get de chance to.

Lincoln live in USA to long, he dont realise in T&T man not geniune.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2006, 03:04:04 PM »
From talking to Lincoln many times, he seems like a very well educated man with a desire to do his best, he also loves T&T and whats to give something back...

The only thing I can say about him bad is, he needs to learn when to put his foot down. He dont realise that its the TTFF he working for and they have some selfish bad minded people who will cut he throat in a minute. He feel that if he dont get involved they will just go away and he not realising that the more he do and be successful is de more they will come at him because they want to be incharged or they have somebody waiting for de job. I hope Jack Warner is as smart as we think he is, because de same men who running and carring news is de same men who will try and cut him down if they ever get de chance to.

Lincoln live in USA to long, he dont realise in T&T man not geniune.

Yesterday was the first time I ever had the experience of talking to Mr Phillips. This man is educated, and has allot of ideas for the development of football. I agree that there are ALOT of set backs in his quest, but there is one thing in his arsenal that will conquer all adversities.. Thats a HIGH Level of DETERMINATION... He is Very determined to effect changed and it seems that by the hook or the crook he will get the job done..

We should all support this man in his quest as he has told me, he plans to solicit the help of us here in fine tuning his ideas and plans.. LP is a good man.

GO WARRIORS.
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2006, 08:55:41 PM »
 lp is clearly in tune with what is necessary in tnt football

sadly i think he wont be able to initiate these changes alone due to the ineptness of the ttff

hopefully sumthing changes cuz phillips want us to be prepared
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2006, 09:01:00 PM »
WAIT hold on....... yes I agreee that our coaching  is suspect but wait nah? is not like we getting cut arse from England youth team ot the USA for frigg sake we cyar even beat Dominica!!!!

And tell meh what Haiti football infrastructure, professional league and football facilities have that we eh have?

So where are we failing?  we need TQM ; TQC; TQP

Top quality management
Top qulaity coaching
Top qulality Programs

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2006, 09:08:01 PM »
as alwyas tings like this easy to type but hard to implem,ent in a block headed ttff
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

truetrini

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2006, 06:37:21 AM »
Lincoln is ah borse ah he thinking too far ahead for de punks who running de TTFF!

Dat is all....plain and simple..Jack is ah arse...but ah go stop telling de trute before man say ah obsessed.

De blindest man is de man who eh want to see

de deafest man is de man who eh want to hear
ah de dumbest man is FLAVIO   :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2006, 06:45:52 AM »
How could Haiti afford to be based in Miami and to tour Africa? what Hiti have oil and natural gas now? what Haiti have whol eheps of football stadiums? what Haiti have they own JW?

If yuh fail to prepare, be prepared to fail.

a tie aganist Dominica is a failure!!!!! losing to Haiti is a failure. Palin and simple. A year when we have experienced succcess at the senior level and  to read of the demise of the pool from which our future resides is disheartening.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2006, 07:01:30 AM »
How could Haiti afford to be based in Miami and to tour Africa? what Hiti have oil and natural gas now? what Haiti have whol eheps of football stadiums? what Haiti have they own JW?.

AlbertaTrini,,, because PNM in power.... they waited 5 months after T&T qualify for the world cup and after T&T under 21 and women under 19 teams failed then to give money and we eh even sure to get that.

Is Patrick Manning related to George Chambers by chance.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2006, 09:09:37 AM »
How could Haiti afford to be based in Miami and to tour Africa? what Hiti have oil and natural gas now? what Haiti have whol eheps of football stadiums? what Haiti have they own JW?.

AlbertaTrini,,, because PNM in power.... they waited 5 months after T&T qualify for the world cup and after T&T under 21 and women under 19 teams failed then to give money and we eh even sure to get that.

Is Patrick Manning related to George Chambers by chance.

Why u doh shut yuh fawkin mouth sometimes..., or doh just fawkin type  nuten .  Always writin some bullshite.
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Isaachunt

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2006, 03:31:19 PM »
 Lincoln just pulling out himself now

1]; } ?>