April 18, 2024, 09:00:08 PM

Author Topic: Govt Providing money to the players.  (Read 2809 times)

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Govt Providing money to the players.
« on: April 05, 2006, 12:58:00 PM »
real money passing for the Importations of Uniforms and Gears not sure what that is for or who it getting paid to, but it is real money all the same.

MEASURES APPROVED BY CABINET:

(1) Reimburse $745,225.54 representing customs duties ($392,024.38) and value added tax (VAT) ($353,201.02) for the importation of gear, uniforms and tokens from June 14-November 9, 2005.

2) Remission of $500,000 representing customs duties and VAT for the importation of gear, uniforms and tokens for the May 10, 2006 friendly against Peru.

(3) Financial assistance of $16,169,069.70 to meet the cost of qualification bonus for the technical staff ($5,509,350) and players ($10,658,719.70) for the period September-December, 2005.

(4) World Cup bonus to a maximum of $6,463,800 to meet the cost of bonuses for technical staff ($2,116,800) and players ($4,347,000) for the first round participation at the World Cup.

(5) Performance incentive payment in the sum of $15,372,000 to meet the cost of second round participation bonuses to the technical staff ($6,678,000) and players ($8,694,000).

TrinInfinite

Re: Govt Providing money to the players.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 12:59:19 PM »
how come u not gettin any of it for ur services KND?  :devil:

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 11:19:37 PM »
What is the sum total money paid out to players by the TTFF for the entire WC 2006 campaign?

All the facts must be known so people can argue based on actual numbers.

The figures quoted by KND...did they go through the TTFF or straight to the players?  It says the TTFF were reimbursed.

Also...the main contention now is the bonus for the actual WC....what was the base payment...bonus is something extra.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 11:22:24 PM by dcs »

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 02:28:14 AM »
ah next one dat get meh >:(. change de topic so ppl know is ah old thread dat yuh raising  >:( 

But fuh real all dis money players are being paid what are they seeking now ???
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 06:38:20 AM »
ah next one dat get meh >:(. change de topic so ppl know is ah old thread dat yuh raising  >:( 

But fuh real all dis money players are being paid what are they seeking now ???

Yuh see Friday, dat is de problem, we aint know.....and de players asking to see how the money was spent. 
As far as I know, dey would have gotten de $1 million from the government (and dat seem to relate to #4 on de list).  And other income from each game they played etc. (the usual they would get) right?..

But what de players want to know is, yuh promise we X (in addition to all dat we get) and all of ah sudden yuh say we could get Z.  We want to know how yuh come up with Z?

Yuh understand??
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Themanfriday

• Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2007, 06:49:58 AM »
ah see yuh point. If is so den TTFF should not have a problem explaining unless dey too embarassed to should dey made some dread mistakes with de money.
Born in SanDo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2007, 09:10:58 AM »

Item 4 is not the Million each from the government.  Item 4 was paid by TTFF then government reimburse them.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2007, 09:42:19 AM »
I might be wrong but from what i'm reading here it looks like Jack eh spend nothing on this team because he was reimbursed by the government and people still saying the government eh spending nothing on Football,the thing is the government putting out figures and letting us know how much and where the money going.

The TTFF made promises to the players that have nothing to do with government,they kept theirs,if players choose not to play for T&T it's up to them but i think it should be done as a team,i've seen this happen in the past to for example Jimmy Springer and Burn Boots,they stood up and the rest of the team chicken out,they were both banned for life.

What's going on with our Football is politics at the highest level,Jack has used our Football to wave his big stick in politics in the country and all that's happening is Footballers/Football is suffering,i can't understand we have the second most powerful man in the world in Football and everybody else doing better than us,even them small islands,people always studying what Jack will do if you say this or do that.What people don't understand is our government is powerless against Jack.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2007, 10:00:43 AM »
 Burn Boots ??? what year did they play on the national team Co-op

Morris, Williams bat for Soca Warriors

Ian Prescott iprescott@trinidadexpress.com
Monday, April 30th 2007

Former national footballers Clayton Morris and Brian Williams have come to the defence of the 16 or so Soca Warriors who have been left out of the Trinidad and Tobago football squad for the June 6-24 CONCACAF Gold Cup.

Yesterday, Morris, a former national captain, and Williams, his Strike Squad teammate, agreed that the current situation is par for the course with the T&TFF and has been going on since their playing days.

"This is nothing strange," Morris said. "It is how the T&TFF has operated for years now, during and before my time. We tried taking a stance in the past and they took advantage of us. You would think by now that the T&TFF would come to a position that they would treat people who have represented the team a little better.

"It's time for us to move on man," the former T&T skipper continued. "Look, we just qualify for a World Cup and it's back to the same thing that has happened in the past. Gally and them went through it as players. We went through it as players. Now, the T&TFF is doing the same thing to the Soca Warriors. It hurts to know we can't get over this hurdle. It's something we have faced in our time. Everytime you take a stance, they put you at the back. It's not helping the football. I think solving this thing is in the hands of the T&TFF, not the players. If they want it solved, it will be solved in the morning."

Williams, a former national defender and recent coach of the national under-20 team, remembered having the same problems with the governing body during his day as a T&T footballer.

"If there is some type of contractual arrangement between the T&TFF and the players, whether it is verbal or written, it should be honoured. Whoever made it should honour it. My own experience is that certain promises are always made, but never honoured by the T&TFF. I have no problem with the brothers making a stance for something they believe in. I am not one who will see something wrong and turn a blind eye to it. This is something we have to fix."

Williams believes the likes of Kenwyne Jones, Stern John, Collin Samuel, Aurtis Whitley, Cyd Gray, Chris Birchall, Brent Sancho, Cornell Glen, Avery John and Kelvin Jack should be given a fair opportunity to vie for selection.

"As a CONCACAF team which has represented us at the World Cup, it is of the utmost importance that we give a good showing at the Gold Cup. If not, then it shows that there has been no follow-up or continuity. This has been something we have done for years. After we do well at a tournament, we abandon the team. I am totally appalled with the preparation of the team for the Gold Cup. There has been no continuity whatsoever with the senior team since the World Cup. This thing has to stop."

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2007, 10:12:13 AM »
Burn Boots ??? what year did they play on the national team Co-op
DWarriorMan, have you read this thread yet?
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=15743.msg162330#msg162330

Smith was the Trainer in Haiti
"Faced by a possible player revolt, Douglin called in ex-TTFA president and Concacaf representative Eric James who quickly ordered Cummings, Kenny Joseph, Gwenwyn Cust, Archibald, Leroy De Leon, Cave and trainer Trevor Smith to take the next flight home."
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 10:14:15 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2007, 10:13:21 AM »
So what's new ? I cant believe that the TTFF not honouring obligations to it's most important asset, the players ,  is news ?
I met an oldstager recently who has sworn that as long as Warner is running football he will stay out of it ...I am sure he is not alone ..but you know what ??? As long as there are uncle Toms and carlos' the same show will go on ..... I say dis too many times alraedy I done now !

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2007, 10:28:58 AM »

Item 4 is not the Million each from the government.  Item 4 was paid by TTFF then government reimburse them.

Sooooo, just to make sure ah get it right.....
Tere was a bonus paid to de players from de TTFF to de players for getting to de World Cup

Then another one from de TTFF for participating in de first round at de World Cup

Den a seperate $1 Million apart from all dat above....

But somebody explain dis to mih......ah just now pick up on it...

real money passing for the Importations of Uniforms and Gears not sure what that is for or who it getting paid to, but it is real money all the same.

MEASURES APPROVED BY CABINET:

(5) Performance incentive payment in the sum of $15,372,000 to meet the cost of second round participation bonuses to the technical staff ($6,678,000) and players ($8,694,000).

What second round??....we was in de second round??
But another thing dcs, remember de TTFF never have money, so whey de money come from to pay dem in de first place??....

Ah just want to understand, whey de money gone.....dat is all.....

Ah wonder if Lisana could do a piece compiling all de monies collected from all de various well wishers in those heady days of the Road to Germany 2006....

*Sigh*   It was just last year....whey dat good feeling and vibrations gone??  :'(   *sigh*
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2007, 10:40:59 AM »

It was the second round of qualifying....the Hex.

We have figures for everything except the numbers from the signed contract for the WC appearance itself.

The bonus....which is separate from the base payments is the issue.

Players say it supposed to be from gross income....TTFF say it should be from the profit.  So gross vs net.  There has been no indication that the verbal agreement itself made that distinction but then again who knows what they spoke about.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2007, 10:45:19 AM »

It was the second round of qualifying....the Hex.

We have figures for everything except the numbers from the signed contract for the WC appearance itself.

The bonus....which is separate from the base payments is the issue.

Players say it supposed to be from gross income....TTFF say it should be from the profit.  So gross vs net.  There has been no indication that the verbal agreement itself made that distinction but then again who knows what they spoke about.

Ah ha....I see...thanks dcs.....

Ah still sad though.... :'(
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2007, 11:08:45 AM »
"DWarriorMan, have you read this thread yet?
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=15743.msg162330#msg162330"

I always thought that it was solely the Haitians who were responsible for the infamous 2-1 result.  Wow, I learned something today (thanks for that info).  As far as TTFF is concern, there is a saying in the US that goes something like this:

"We were Robbed, Hoodwinked and Bamboozled!!!"
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2007, 04:07:50 PM »
"DWarriorMan, have you read this thread yet?
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=15743.msg162330#msg162330"

I always thought that it was solely the Haitians who were responsible for the infamous 2-1 result.  Wow, I learned something today (thanks for that info).  As far as TTFF is concern, there is a saying in the US that goes something like this:
"We were Robbed, Hoodwinked and Bamboozled!!!"

that is why I am of the opinion that JW and FIFA are the MOST corrupt people in TnT football and maybe FIFA big wigs are the most corrupt Sports Organisation in the WORLD.

If they were to change their ways, maybe i could be convinced to look at FIFA differently.

when I consider all that Players in TnT have to deal with, I have to say that they are amazing if they are able to overcome such challenges to make it as a professional.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 02:32:06 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Themanfriday

• Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2007, 03:48:00 AM »
Question is Why is TNT the only country having these issues?
Born in SanDo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2007, 05:35:32 AM »
Question is Why is TNT the only country having these issues?

We is de only country wid a "Special Adviser" to the country's governing Football body.....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

1]; } ?>