April 28, 2024, 04:15:39 AM

Author Topic: $45m for Soca Warriors: Skipper Yorke wants to meet PM Manning  (Read 10022 times)

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
$45m for Soca Warriors.
By: Ian Prescott (Express).

Skipper Yorke wants to meet PM Manning.
Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation president Oliver Camps has every reason to smile after being informed yesterday by Sport Minister Roger Boynes of $45 million in Government assistance for the T&T Soca Warriors as they prepare to participate in the 2006 World Cup in Germany.
Trinidad and Tobago captain Dwight Yorke wants to hold direct talks with Prime Minster Patrick Manning to discuss incentives for the T&T Soca Warriors for qualifying for the 2006 World Cup Finals in Germany.
That was one of the announcements made yesterday at a Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs news conference where Sport Minister Roger Boynes said Cabinet had approved $45 million in assistance to the national team as they prepare for their first World Cup appearance.
Government assistance covers the period September 2005 to June 2006 and includes bonuses for the players and technical staff and the cost of training camps in Manchester, England and Austria prior to the World Cup, which kicks off June 9.
That period will see the Soca Warriors fine-tuning with warm-up matches against Peru, Austria Wien club team, Wales, Slovenia and the Czech Republic.
Boynes announced that the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF) had submitted a $79,251,859 budget to his Ministry, of which the Government will be the main contributor.
The deficit will be met by $31,958,092.21 in revenue which the T&TFF expect to recoup from the World Cup and just over $3 million which will be sourced from the Trinidad and Tobago business community.
The Sport Minister said it was Government's intention to fully support the Soca Warriors' efforts to "shock the world" in Germany.
In addition, he said local football will also benefit from Government assistance this year.
The T&T Pro League stands to gain $3 million per year; the T&TFF's football development programme another $16 million; and $2 million will go to community football.
"The Government of Trinidad and Tobago is committed to supporting the development of sport at all levels as articulated in the National Sports Policy of Trinidad and Tobago," stated Boynes.
He also disclosed that personal compensation for the players for qualifying for the 2006 World Cup was a separate issue which will be addressed when Yorke meets PM Manning.
Yorke is due home for the May 10 warm-up match against Peru.
Just prior to the February 28 game against Iceland in London, Boynes had asked Soca Warriors team manager Bruce Aanensen to enquire from the players what they wanted.
Yesterday, the Minister reported he was informed that Yorke had made a request to be allowed to speak directly to the Prime Minister on the issue.

MEASURES APPROVED BY CABINET:

1) Reimburse $745,225.54 representing customs duties ($392,024.38) and value added tax (VAT) ($353,201.02) for the importation of gear, uniforms and tokens from June 14-November 9, 2005.

2) Remission of $500,000 representing customs duties and VAT for the importation of gear, uniforms and tokens for the May 10, 2006 friendly against Peru.

3) Financial assistance of $16,169,069.70 to meet the cost of qualification bonus for the technical staff ($5,509,350) and players ($10,658,719.70) for the period September-December, 2005.

4) World Cup bonus to a maximum of $6,463,800 to meet the cost of bonuses for technical staff ($2,116,800) and players ($4,347,000) for the first round participation at the World Cup.

5) Performance incentive payment in the sum of $15,372,000 to meet the cost of second round participation bonuses to the technical staff ($6,678,000) and players ($8,694,000).
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 04:32:04 AM by Flex »

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
Re: $45m for Soca Warriors: Skipper Yorke wants to meet PM Manning
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 10:23:36 PM »
WOW!!

This is some serious money... and for the pro league too!!... 3 mil per year!

Thats nice... I really hope they follow through with it...

I must say though with 45mil we could have gotten atleast one more game in from a big team like Czech rep.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 10:29:00 PM by Jefferz »
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 10:25:05 PM »
Great News!!! :beermug: Hope all this is being used wisely!!

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2006, 10:27:04 PM »
Waaaaaaay!
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2006, 10:29:17 PM »
Just beaaaaat me in posting it. Let see the bills for how this money is spent.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2006, 10:30:46 PM »
Just beaaaaat me in posting it. Let see the bills for how this money is spent.

YEA... I really dont mean to have doubts immediately, but really... Yuh feel yuh should keep tabs on this whole proposition.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2006, 10:51:53 PM »
if this budget pass and it come thru in the house, i voting PNM in the next election :beermug:

NAH AH JUSS KIDDING, PNM HAVE A RIGHT TUH DO DIS  :devil:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2006, 10:53:26 PM »
As a taxpayer I would appreciate an Income and Expenditure Statement. I am not asking for audited accounts. This is unknown by the TTFF but I will like to know how much is spent to repay Jack so next time he talks about how much money he pump in I will be in a positin to write a Letter to the Editor reminding him that x was repaid by the government.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2006, 10:54:39 PM »
No need to be passed in the house it is a Cabinet decision.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2006, 11:34:34 PM »
NICE :chilling:

Good to see the PFL getting the support they need...hope it continues.

Good to see they have the belief and giving the players the added incentive to make it to the second round as they stand to benifit even more.

All steps in the right direction

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2006, 11:50:07 PM »

~$30 Million  with  an additional   $15 Mill conditional on making second rounds

These are the most important:
The T&T Pro League stands to gain $3 million per year; the T&TFF's football development programme another $16 million; and $2 million will go to community football.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2006, 04:44:47 AM »
All the Government bashers what you say,waiting to hear your comments.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2006, 05:36:51 AM »
huh?ah confused . government bashers? when stern john do crap we say when he do good we say, is the same thing with the government
well done government  :applause:
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Gov't: $45M budget for Soca Warriors
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2006, 05:50:52 AM »
$45M budget for Soca Warriors
WALTER ALIBEY (Newsday)

2006-04-05 02:26 (updated 2006-04-05 09:00)

GOVERNMENT has approved a massive $45 million budget which will assist the Soca Warriors in their preparation for the World Cup Finals in Germany from June 9 to July 9.

At a briefing at the Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs, Abercromby Street, Port-of-Spain yesterday, Roger Boynes said the budget represented a deficit of $3.5 million which will be taken up by corporate Trinidad and Tobago.

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation had proposed a $79 million budget to Government to take the national footballers to the World Cup.

TTFF president Oliver Camps told the media yesterday he was happy with the government’s donation.

And Camps promised his Federation will do all in their power to ensure the Soca Warriors reach the second round.

Minister Boynes also said Government will also give the TTFF $18 million to jump start their youth development programme next week.

The approved budget included $16,169,069.70 to meet the cost of qualification bonuses to the players and technical staff between the period of September 2005 to December last year.

From that amount, the players will receive $10,659,719.70 while the staff will be given $5,509,350.00.

The national coaching and management staff including Dutchman Leo Beenhakker, assistants Whim Reisenburg and Anton Corneal also stand to benefit from $5,717,363.40 which government has designated towards payment of salaries and stipends.

Should the team advance to the second round of the World Cup the Soca Warriors’ coaching and management staff will receive an additional $6,463,800.00 which will represent bonuses.

From that figure, $2,116,800 will go towards the technical staff while $4,347,000 will be shared among the players.

The Soca Warriors will play three matches in the opening round against Sweden on June 11, England on June 15 and Paraguay on June 20.

Government is also offering an incentive of $15,372,000 to the Soca Warriors should they advance past the second round.

This amount also represents bonuses to the technical staff and players, which when broken down will show $6,678,000 to Beenhakker and his staff and $8,694,000 to be distributed among the players.

According to Boynes the projected revenue earned by the football federation is estimated to be $31,958,092.21 and will be used to offset the administrative and other costs incurred at approximately $33,093,567.50.

Government is also prepared to reimburse the sum of $745,225.54 which will represent customs duties and Value Added Tax which was incurred by the Football Federation between June 14 to November 9 last year, for the importation of gear, uniforms and tokens to prepare the TT team throughout the qualifying rounds of the World Cup.

Meanwhile, the Sport and Youth Affairs Minister made it clear that the budget will not represent what Government is planning to give to the Soca Warriors in honour of their qualification for the World Cup.

He said following discussions with the players in England recently through manager Bruce Anansen, they will be honoured after a meeting between Prime Minister Patrick Manning and captain Dwight Yorke.

Trinidad scraping together WC funds

Wednesday April 5, 2006 1:16AM

PORT-OF-SPAIN, Trinidad (AP) -- Trinidad's Sports Minister Roger Boynes said Tuesday that the government can cover just over half of the small Caribbean nation's World Cup soccer budget of $13 million.

Boynes said the government will chip in $7.5 million to Trinidad's Soca Warriors' budget to cover the salaries of players and coaches.

"We're doing our part to ensure that the players can relax and focus on football," Boynes said.

Boynes said $2.5 million of the government's contribution is earmarked for bonuses for the team if it qualifies for the second round of the monthlong tournament to be held in Germany beginning June 9.

"I remain confident that the team has the capabilities to advance to the second round," Boynes said.

Boynes said the team will make up the rest of the nearly $6 million of the budget with funds from the Trinidad Football Federation and corporate donations.

The team has secured more than $500,000 in corporate sponsor money, he said.

Trinidad and Tobago, a twin-island nation of 1.3 million people is the smallest country to ever qualify for the quadrennial tournament. At the World Cup, it is grouped with England, Paraguay and Sweden.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 06:28:19 AM by e-man »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Re: Gov't: $45M budget for Soca Warriors
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2006, 05:53:33 AM »
Minister Boynes also said Government will also give the TTFF $18 million to jump start their youth development programme next week.

They need a jump start. A little late. Done lose to Haiti.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2006, 06:48:05 AM »

Coops I'm certainly not a government basher.....but I see dis movie before

Talk is cheap oui...when de cheques clear, den I go applaud. However these fellahs have a history of givin people ah  '6 fuh 9'

.....and somewhere in de wings Jack droolin on heself
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 07:33:49 AM by Dutty »
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2006, 06:57:25 AM »
Well Jack Warner's account just double by hearing this news...

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2006, 08:04:23 AM »
i jus waiting to  hear what yorke have to say that the players want??

23 houses??  i thought rowley was breakin dong d nelson to give bak nelson street ppl

23 new car  well as dey lowering foreign use to 3 years d car an dem go sure be looking new

i jus wating

SHOTTA
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2006, 08:39:11 AM »

Coops I'm certainly not a government basher.....but I see dis movie before

Talk is cheap oui...when de cheques clear, den I go applaud. However these fellahs have a history of givin people ah  '6 fuh 9'

I agree...I hope this is serious business and the money does go to where it is intended

That is plenty, plenty money...look at the amount as incentive for Beenhakker and the players to advance to the 2nd round! over 15 million....Wey!!

Nice initiative by de gov't....I could say that the money for the ceremonial stuff (importation of gear and tokens) could be better spent elsewhere on a social aspect, but if it is for the promotion of T&T football well I support that.
Also...only half a million from corporate sponsorship? So much big business in T&T and is just half a million they all put up together?
I doh mean to be boldface but corporate sector have to step up a notch, is we country dey making they money in

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
Re: Forty-five Million Dollars for the Soca Warriors.
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2006, 04:18:53 PM »
yea yea i believe Grande already posted this.

ah doh know where the thread is boy...

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2006, 07:39:45 AM »
This happens to be de only time in de past year I see Oliver Camps, only when they collecting money he they like first time. He smiling like he eat cake.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2006, 07:40:33 AM »
This happens to be de only time in de past year I see Oliver Camps, only when they collecting money he they like first time. He smiling like he eat cake.

He smiling like he eat cake.

im sure he is.

truetrini

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2006, 10:56:16 PM »
ahhhh boy..wey de money gorn?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2006, 03:36:31 AM »

into the warner family business
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

truetrini

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2006, 06:52:32 AM »

into the warner family business

and yous till feel that it is ok?

Yuh making plain statments like yuh eh find nutten wrong with that, but wait yuh did already say so.

You is Warner horn chile, like he breed Camps to make you?  Ah feel ah right on dat.  You is Warner and Camps love chile, dat is why yuh so damn short, so damn ugly and so damn dunce.

Lord have mercy, ah hope he did pay chile support for you.

1]; } ?>