March 28, 2024, 11:56:03 PM

Author Topic: MLS Thread  (Read 115756 times)

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
MLS Thread
« on: April 06, 2006, 04:07:27 PM »
Still a rumor, but one that is making legitimate rounds...just saw this on the Sports Illustrated Online service. What you all think? Anybody else heard about this?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/scorecard/04/06/truth.rumors.soccer/index.html

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ronaldo Interested in MLS
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 04:16:28 PM »
please don't let this happen

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 04:31:47 PM »
 mls is a joke. really tired of it. red bull, real salt,. steups. jokey league
Hart for president

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006, 04:44:04 PM »
Ronaldo might give that league some MORE credibility.

If MLS is a joke and a good majority of the US team does ply they trade there or had their formative years in MLS and bussin everybody tail in CONCACAF REGULARLY.....imagine what that says about the Mexican League, Costa Rican League and any other CONCACAF country domestic league.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2006, 04:44:33 PM »
I hope that is a lie.

There are two possible outcomes:

#1:  He will elevate the MLS to new heights.
#2:  He will fall off the edge of the planet.
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2006, 04:47:25 PM »
Ronaldo might give that league some MORE credibility.

If MLS is a joke and a good majority of the US team does ply they trade there or had their formative years in MLS and bussin everybody tail in CONCACAF REGULARLY.....imagine what that says about the Mexican League, Costa Rican League and any other CONCACAF country domestic league.

dont get me wrong. the mls has been extremely beneficial to U.S mens teams. I jjust feel as a marketing the league that they are hitting their ceiling. They should be trying to become less centralised and stop with the jokey gimmicks, so that they can get guys like ronaldo and such, and actually be taken seriosuly.... i really cant get over red bull   ::)
Hart for president

Offline legal alien

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2006, 04:49:18 PM »
he tryin a pele-or a romario  - before he time.
or is it his way of losin weight? ;D

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2006, 04:55:50 PM »
Of course he is interested.... when he's 40.. 

Ain't thats what Lothar Matthius did at the end twilight of his career? (even though he embarrassed himself)
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2006, 05:17:21 PM »
No way No point that happening.

Beckham is who most people recognize in the US as a footballer outside the US that is significant. Gettin Ronaldo will only get people who already know about football in America. He may add credibility to the game but if yuh ent know Ronaldo already...yuh not gonna go to see him.

Besides that he ent doing it.

MLS looking fuh dollars and that is the bottom line...it would cost more to get Ronaldo and pay him than he would bring in Return.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2006, 06:03:15 PM »
They already accomplish what they set out ot do.  Holler "Ronaldo coming to MLS" and get some free pubicity for the MLS.  Look how everybody talking about it, whether you in favor or not.  Ronaldo, he ent coming till he 36 and want some free money.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2006, 06:17:22 PM »
You all think this rumour funny. A few weeks ago i read article about a rumor how an A-league team, i think i was South Melbourne was keen on signing Ztalan Ibrahimovic from Juventus after his agent meet with the management of the team. I real laugh when i heard how the club owner say he could pull of the deal especilly since Ztalan and cappello had an arguement  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2006, 06:22:32 PM »

I don't think you guys understand what's really going on in the US football league. The MLS is a good league and the A-League (division 1 & 2) are pretty decent leagues as well. Until we could do better at an regional level professionally, then we need to respect these leagues, players, etc. Just imagine, we men on this forum feel our PFL better than the MLS and i even heard players from Trinidad national team say that our team (former w-connection players) could beat any team in the MLS at any time. Sure!!!! Guess what? Those same players praying right now to get a contract in the MLS (like literally praying for things to work out).  Just imagine, San Juan leading 5-0 on aggregate and just need to tie a blasted game, gave away 6 goals to the hands of DC United and thus were thown out of the concacaf club championship. Just imagine it have A-League team that convincly defeat and/or draw with these MLS teams sometimes. Yes, the MLS is a shit league. You got that right buddy!!

Kingman
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 06:50:00 PM by kingman »

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2006, 06:23:13 PM »
oh lord these brazilians go senile early awat?
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2006, 06:49:45 PM »
I though  he coming to haitian league , I hear them men is d bomb :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:jokes fellas

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2006, 07:00:29 PM »

I don't think you guys understand what's really going on in the US football league. The MLS is a good league and the A-League (division 1 & 2) are pretty decent leagues as well. Until we could do better at an regional level professionally, then we need to respect these leagues, players, etc. Just imagine, we men on this forum feel our PFL better than the MLS and i even heard players from Trinidad national team say that our team (former w-connection players) could beat any team in the MLS at any time. Sure!!!! Guess what? Those same players praying right now to get a contract in the MLS (like literally praying for things to work out).  Just imagine, San Juan leading 5-0 on aggregate and just need to tie a blasted game, gave away 6 goals to the hands of DC United and thus were thown out of the concacaf club championship. Just imagine it have A-League team that convincly defeat and/or draw with these MLS teams sometimes. Yes, the MLS is a shit league. You got that right buddy!!

Kingman

why dont you go back and read the thread before posting in it...try reply #6 if you need directions. Try that for the future, itll save you time typing irrelevant posts.
Hart for president

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2006, 07:02:24 PM »

Kingman

why dont you go back and read the thread before posting in it...try reply #6 if you need directions. Try that for the future, itll save you time typing irrelevant posts.

Ok boss, but you made an initial statement which i was responding too. Is that allowed? Can i do that? Thanks!!

Kingman

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2006, 07:08:13 PM »
no problemo, but if you had noticed, someone else responded to my first post and i clarified my position.....yes, the footballing level in mls is better than pfl. i just dislike everything else about it, especially with its marketing policies
Hart for president

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2006, 07:09:50 PM »
no problemo, but if you had noticed, someone else responded to my first post and i clarified my position.....yes, the footballing level in mls is better than pfl. i just dislike everything else about it, especially with its marketing policies

Cheers!!

Kingman

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2006, 09:16:13 PM »
ronaldo will be degradin himself playin in de mls.is like me bullin de cookey eye gyul from arima and then de dumb and deaf one from belmont.anyway i livin with it,ah guess he could too. :devil:
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2006, 09:56:34 PM »
it isn't surprising at all that Ronaldo would consider this for several reasons

1) the man achieve almost everything in football, and might be a 3-time world cup winner in a few months time

2) it is a commonly held opinion that he has lost his zeal for the game, why not go to a league of lower intensity.

3) He like to lime with supermodels.  where better to live than NYC?

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2006, 12:34:52 AM »
it isn't surprising at all that Ronaldo would consider this for several reasons

1) the man achieve almost everything in football, and might be a 3-time world cup winner in a few months time

2) it is a commonly held opinion that he has lost his zeal for the game, why not go to a league of lower intensity.

3) He like to lime with supermodels.  where better to live than NYC?

Ent   ;D  but seriously though.   I would love to see that happen because if them men happen to get him fuh real they going and sellout that GIANTS stadium fuh the res a de season.  I saying that because I is a football man and I never see a mls game live yet, and I only 20mins if that much from the medowlands so if that happen I know i going to see him play fuh sure atleast the first game.   So if I do it what you think the res a brazilians and portugese and central americans that live in Newark and the rest ah New Jersey and New York going and do.  Don't even mention the new sponsorship deals he would get to promote the mls to the 11 Million Illegal immigrants that live in the U.S.A and the legal one an dem too....stuepssssssssss...I say if he really come here is to try to make some stupid money because if you live in America and yuh know how they like to sponsor thing you go see and understand exactly what I saying.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2006, 06:10:42 AM »
MLS from an organisational standpoint can be rated with any other league in Europe. When it comes to football however tactically and technically its a few steps down. That being said it is important to note that  you can't compare MLS with European league because the league is just over 10 years old and America not by any stretch of the imagination can be called a football nation.The largest demographic for football participation is still teenage girls. A lot of Americans still think football is a womens sport. I'm not trying be rude its just what I've read on forums and experienced heard first hand. This is likely to change after the World Cup since for the first time ever their broadcasting all the games, unfortunately though not all of them live

I wouldn't right off MLS right now. I'm looking at what Chivas USA is doing and the Investment of Red Bull in to the league and it clear to me that at least from a corporate perspective the league has tremendous potential. There is talk of Chelsea and Barcelona entering into some kind of arrangement with the MLS. I wouldn't execute this stratgy for too long becuse the UAE (Dubai particularly) is investing considerably to become the sporting capital of the world. Man U already has a base there. The MLS should try build up domestic support for the sport. Lots of old players look to the Middle East after their European careers. In about 10-15 years the league will really be something. For us to take the league more seriously we'll have to see more South Americans in MLS. The day I see MLS competing with European clubs for the same player is when MLS will have arrived.

But as it is right now a match against the best 2 teams in MLS looks the same way as a match between the worst 2. Run hard, tackle hard, voom kick fight hard for every air ball essentially more brawn than guile and intelligence. Its not even slightly attractive. I watch the games just to see if they are getting better and scout Trinis and Jamaicans. They will get better but only if they can find a better way of converting youth players into professional. I was looking at "American Soccer" on GOL TV and one prominent coach said the same thing. In reality, we face a similar problem here. How do we make youth talent, professional taltent?

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2006, 07:33:23 AM »
if it true, ronaldo probably fed up of the press harassment. he prob figure he could come play he ball here and eh get harass as the sport not big here like there or in SA.

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2006, 08:04:05 AM »
once he come Dc United I good....but den again Nowark still dey.... steupes  :-\
« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 08:06:22 AM by Tongue »

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2006, 09:14:22 AM »
Just imagine, San Juan leading 5-0 on aggregate and just need to tie a blasted game, gave away 6 goals to the hands of DC United and thus were thown out of the concacaf club championship.

Kingman

for the record, Jablotech was leading 5-2 after the trinidad leg and lost 4-0 in the US after Cyd Gray was sent off after 40 minutes while the score was 0-0.

this correction has nothing to do with your point, it's just a correction!!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2006, 09:36:07 AM »
Just imagine, San Juan leading 5-0 on aggregate and just need to tie a blasted game, gave away 6 goals to the hands of DC United and thus were thown out of the concacaf club championship.

Kingman

for the record, Jablotech was leading 5-2 after the trinidad leg and lost 4-0 in the US after Cyd Gray was sent off after 40 minutes while the score was 0-0.

this correction has nothing to do with your point, it's just a correction!!

ah love it!!
Was it Cyd or Ian that got sent off? ??? Ah know he have a rep with men here. When in doubt call Cyd ;D
Live large and prosper!

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2006, 09:45:39 AM »
i think u are correct doc, my mistake, correction noted and adjustment made
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

fabio

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2006, 10:35:30 AM »
ronaldo aint coming no where. that is jess talk. yuh feel d man run down like romario yet? negative!!

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2006, 11:07:49 AM »
Unless Ronaldo bounce he head..I cyah see dat happenin..an ah nuh disrespectin de EPL men eh..buh look how movin tuh de EPL lookin like ah great option now...rite now Naldo still could play at ah high level...so leave dah MLS talk fuh de twilight zone.EAsy!!
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2006, 03:12:32 PM »
Ok...now this man here...also from SI has  a view more in keeping with allya fellas
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/arash_markazi/04/07/hot.read/

1]; } ?>