March 28, 2024, 07:21:58 AM

Author Topic: MLS Thread  (Read 115718 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 MLS Fixtures & Updates.
« Reply #390 on: July 29, 2011, 06:33:59 PM »
Ah watching Keon play vs Colorado now

De bitch lazy sah
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
« Reply #391 on: July 30, 2011, 09:34:02 AM »
Red Bulls now beat PSG in the Emirates Cup 1-0 bess goal by lindpere. Might be a different story vs Arsenal tomorrow but lookin to c how big d reception will be for they hero Henry. Plus yuh know he go hit man like Gibbs and Djorou ah 2 beat
It's only kinky the 1st time

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
16-year-old Fagundez scores in MLS debut
« Reply #392 on: August 08, 2011, 10:17:10 AM »
Fagundez shines for Revs, tallies in first MLS match

Despite his tender age and his lack of experience, New England forward Diego Fagundez said only one thing went through his mind as he stood at the halfway line and prepared to enter his first MLS match.

“The first thing I thought was that I needed to try to help the team score a goal,” Fagundez told MLSsoccer.com after the Revolution's 3-2 loss to Chivas USA on Saturday. “And I did.”

It took the 16-year-old Home Grown player about two minutes to accomplish his objective. Fagundez embarked on a darting run at the edge of the penalty area and tempted Chivas USA defender Heath Pearce — a seasoned defender who has logged plenty of games at the international level and in the European game — to haul him down for a penalty kick.

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 16-year-old Fagundez scores in MLS debut
« Reply #393 on: August 08, 2011, 10:54:49 AM »
VAMOS MEXICO!!!!

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 16-year-old Fagundez scores in MLS debut
« Reply #394 on: August 08, 2011, 02:18:25 PM »
Fagundez shines for Revs, tallies in first MLS match

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/vYdvzyQh2yo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/vYdvzyQh2yo</a>
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 08, 2011, 05:25:06 PM »
Yuteman remind me of a young Latas!!!!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #396 on: August 12, 2011, 08:10:14 PM »
Keane heading to Galaxy.
ESPNsoccernet staff

Tottenham striker Robbie Keane is closing on a move to MLS side LA Galaxy, according to reports.

Keane is unwanted by Spurs boss Harry Redknapp and said last week that he expected to tie up a move before the end of the transfer window.

The Irish international played in a friendly on Wednesday night against Croatia in Dublin, but is believed to be flying to LA to sign a contract worth a reported $9 million over next two years.

Keane was linked with a transfer to the MLS 18 months ago, with wife Claudine quoted as saying: "Would I like to see him play for a team like LA Galaxy? Yes, I would love that, but it changes all the time."

The striker's departure would open up room for a loan move for former Arsenal frontman Emmanuel Adebayor, who has also been told that he has no future at Manchester City.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
Spurs striker Robbie Keane joins MLS side LA Galaxy
« Reply #397 on: August 15, 2011, 07:03:59 PM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14525931.stm

Tottenham striker Robbie Keane has joined Major League Soccer side LA Galaxy for an undisclosed fee.

Keane, 31, who had also been linked with Leicester City, said he was "honoured, delighted and very excited" to be joining the American side.

Details of the transfer fee and length of contract have not been announced, but it is reported to be a £3.5m deal.

"I have always wanted to come and play in MLS so it's the perfect combination for me and a dream come true," he said.

Keane made 254 appearances for Spurs during his first spell at the club between 2002 and 2008, scoring 107 goals.

He moved to Liverpool in July 2008 but spent only six months at Anfield before returning to White Hart Lane.

However he failed to hold down a regular first-team place, amid competition from Jermain Defoe, Roman Pavlyuchenko, Rafael van der Vaart and Peter Crouch.

Galaxy general manager and head coach Bruce Arena said: "Robbie Keane will be a great addition to our club.

"I have followed his career and have always respected his ability as a competitor and a goalscorer."

A statement on the Spurs website said: "The club can announce that it has reached agreement with Major League Soccer side LA Galaxy for the permanent transfer of Robbie Keane.

"We wish him all the best for the future."

The striker has scored 51 goals in 108 games for Ireland and 123 in 306 games in all competitions during his two spells at Spurs.

He started out at Wolverhampton Wanderers before joining Coventry City in 1999 for a then British record fee for a teenager.

Twelve goals in 34 games earned a shock move to Inter Milan where he spent 18 months before joining Leeds United.
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Spurs striker Robbie Keane joins MLS side LA Galaxy
« Reply #398 on: August 15, 2011, 07:06:49 PM »
Robbie is one on my fav players... hope to see him when LA plays DC.  :beermug:

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: August 15, 2011, 08:35:36 PM »
Irish fans (including me) are despondent at this awful move.  Truly the end of an era...thanks for everything Robbie!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: August 15, 2011, 08:49:48 PM »
MLS is chipping away gradually at the perception gap.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: August 15, 2011, 08:52:08 PM »

That they're buying (and overpaying for) past-their-prime European players?

Hardly.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: August 15, 2011, 08:56:48 PM »
The MLS game is still too slow fuh me. Glad that it gives our boys some exposure but for example, the Liverpool game this weekend and Man City today was just thrilling. It's been a long time since MLS had me on my toes. Sometimes I does nap during dem games  ;)

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: August 15, 2011, 09:37:23 PM »
it was too early for Robbie Keane to leave the EPL....

Cant believe Liverpool didnt try and bring him back...

What really happened during his time there....is anyones guess..

Routing for you Robbie
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: August 15, 2011, 11:36:56 PM »
The MLS game is still too slow fuh me. Glad that it gives our boys some exposure but for example, the Liverpool game this weekend and Man City today was just thrilling. It's been a long time since MLS had me on my toes. Sometimes I does nap during dem games  ;)

Ah does cyar stand their biased and verbose commentary, lack of imagination and mechanical soccer. Still vex about the word soccer.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: August 16, 2011, 09:05:10 AM »

That they're buying (and overpaying for) past-their-prime European players?

Hardly.

There was/is a perception that certain players wouldn't consent to playing in the MLS. The comment was not influenced by a price tag, be it exorbitant or a steal. I'm not placed to make that call. The comment was influenced by the value added to the team and league with respect to the intangible value/benefits that deals such as these bring to the MLS.

The article refers to an "undisclosed fee"? How do you know whether he has been compensated to excess? Regardless, the parties are free to arrive at any amount they deem mutually satisficing, regardless of what parties external to the agreement think.

Over time, deals such as these will facilitate further inroads by the MLS.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 16, 2011, 01:00:05 PM »
There was/is a perception that certain players wouldn't consent to playing in the MLS. The comment was not influenced by a price tag, be it exorbitant or a steal. I'm not placed to make that call. The comment was influenced by the value added to the team and league with respect to the intangible value/benefits that deals such as these bring to the MLS.

The article refers to an "undisclosed fee"? How do you know whether he has been compensated to excess? Regardless, the parties are free to arrive at any amount they deem mutually satisficing, regardless of what parties external to the agreement think.

Over time, deals such as these will facilitate further inroads by the MLS.

This is the first time an MLS club has paid a transfer fee for a foreign player, and as such it is a dangerous precedent that has been set as far as the lesser established, less wealthy MLS clubs.  European clubs can now reasonably be expcted to demand transfer fees for future players and that inevitably will lead to higher costs to MLS clubs.

In light of the foregoing, and in light of the fact that we are talking about a "perception"... LA Galaxy paying the first ever transfer fee for a foreign player, and one clearly past his prime at that, certainly puts paid to my comment as I see it.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 01:02:47 PM by Bakes »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
List of Trinidad and Tobago MLS players.
« Reply #407 on: August 17, 2011, 06:31:15 PM »
List of Trinidad and Tobago MLS players.

Kevin Adams – Columbus – 2001
Christopher Birchall – Los Angeles – 2009–
Daneil Cyrus - Kansas City – 2011–
Craig Demmin – Tampa Bay – 2001
Keon Daniel – Philadelphia – 2011–
Ansil Elcock – Columbus – 1997–2001
Leslie Fitzpatrick – Salt Lake – 2005
Gary Glasgow – Kansas City – 2000–02
Cornell Glen – MetroStars, Columbus, Colorado, Los Angeles, San Jose – 2004–06, 2009–10
Brian Haynes – Dallas – 1996–2000
Shaka Hislop – Dallas – 2006–07
Thorne Holder – Philadelphia – 2011–
Julius James – Toronto, Houston, DC United, Columbus – 2008–
Avery John – New England, DC United – 2004–07, 2009
Stern John – Columbus – 1998–99
Darin Lewis – MetroStars – 2002
Yohance Marshall – Los Angeles – 2009–10
Travis Mulraine – San Jose – 2000
David Nakhid – New England – 1998
Andrei Pacheco - Columbus - 2008
Marlon Rojas – Salt Lake – 2005
Collin Samuel – Toronto – 2007–08
Scott Sealy – Kansas City, San Jose – 2005–08, 2010–
Barry Swift – MetroStars – 1998
Osei Telesford – Chicago – 2007
Keyeno Thomas – Colorado – 2000
Sheldon Thomas – Los Angeles – 2000
Rick Titus – Colorado, Toronto – 2002, 2008
Mickey Trotman – Dallas, Miami – 1998–99
Evans Wise – Tampa Bay, New England – 1996–98
Shawn Boney - Los Angeles - 1997
Adrian Narine - San Jose - 2000
Randi Patterson - New York - 2007
Dimelon Westfield - New England - 2003
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 07:34:55 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: List of Trinidad and Tobago MLS players.
« Reply #408 on: August 17, 2011, 06:40:25 PM »
Good post. Good dose of history for proper perspective.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: List of Trinidad and Tobago MLS players.
« Reply #409 on: August 17, 2011, 07:31:04 PM »
Shawn Boney - Los Angeles Galaxy - 1997
Adrian Narine - San Jose Earthquakes - 2000
Randi Patterson - New York Red Bulls - 2007
Dimelon Westfield - New England Revolution - 2003
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

AirMan

« Reply #410 on: August 17, 2011, 10:14:01 PM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14525931.stm

Tottenham striker Robbie Keane has joined Major League Soccer side LA Galaxy for an undisclosed fee.

Keane, 31, who had also been linked with Leicester City, said he was "honoured, delighted and very excited" to be joining the American side.

Details of the transfer fee and length of contract have not been announced, but it is reported to be a £3.5m deal.

"I have always wanted to come and play in MLS so it's the perfect combination for me and a dream come true," he said.

Keane made 254 appearances for Spurs during his first spell at the club between 2002 and 2008, scoring 107 goals.

He moved to Liverpool in July 2008 but spent only six months at Anfield before returning to White Hart Lane.

However he failed to hold down a regular first-team place, amid competition from Jermain Defoe, Roman Pavlyuchenko, Rafael van der Vaart and Peter Crouch.

Galaxy general manager and head coach Bruce Arena said: "Robbie Keane will be a great addition to our club.

"I have followed his career and have always respected his ability as a competitor and a goalscorer."

A statement on the Spurs website said: "The club can announce that it has reached agreement with Major League Soccer side LA Galaxy for the permanent transfer of Robbie Keane.

"We wish him all the best for the future."

The striker has scored 51 goals in 108 games for Ireland and 123 in 306 games in all competitions during his two spells at Spurs.

He started out at Wolverhampton Wanderers before joining Coventry City in 1999 for a then British record fee for a teenager.

Twelve goals in 34 games earned a shock move to Inter Milan where he spent 18 months before joining Leeds United.

so is Donovan to Keane to buss net  :devil:

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #411 on: October 02, 2011, 07:09:39 AM »
Updated.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #412 on: October 13, 2011, 05:18:34 AM »
Fan’s look: Columbus Crew’s best value players of 2011
By Christopher Cantwell, Yahoo! Contributor Network
Sources: MLSSoccer.com, TheCrew.com, MLSPlayers.org.

In a tight salary cap league, it is always important for Major League Soccer teams to find some great players at an even better value. The Columbus Crew have been no exception in 2011, getting big contributions from players nowhere near the top of the team's payroll.

Here is a look at who I feel are the Crew's best values of 2011:

5. Josh Gardner - $49,200 - Gardner has been pretty consistent in the midfield throughout 2011 for the Crew. When called upon, he has logged big minutes and started 19 times for the Crew. Since playing for the Galaxy a few years back, Gardner played in the U.S. lower divisions and most recently with the Carolina Railhawks. The Crew were able to pick him as a bargain for the 2011 campaign.

4. Tommy Heinemann - $42,000 - Heinemann has been used more in a substitute role for the Crew, but still has started 12 times while notching three goals and one assist in his first MLS season. Like Gardner, Heinemann was picked up from the lower divisions after a great 2010 with the Charleston Battery. With three goals and one of the lowest salaries on the team, Heinemann is easily one of the best values in the cost-per-goal category.

3. Julius James - $72,169 - James, picked up after D.C. United let him go, has been a huge part of the Crew's backline and has played and started in 29 matches so far in 2011. James play in 2011 has began to make him a regular call-up to his native Trinidad and Tobago Soca Warriors.

2. Robbie Rogers - $140,000 - Rogers' salary barely cracks the top 10 on the Crew, yet he is a U.S. international and has recorded a team-high seven assists so far in 2011. Rogers is at the end of his contract, and the Crew will likely have to pay much more in 2012 to keep him around in Columbus. His play has put him back in the USMNT picture under head coach Jόrgen Klinsmann. Rogers has also added two goals during the campaign. At the beginning of the season, Rogers seemed to possibly be out of the Crew picture. But in 2011, he has been a huge part of that picture.

1. Sebastian Miranda - $115,000 - Miranda has been great and has helped replace long-term pieces of the Crew defense during the offseason. He is the only Crew player to start and play all 32 games so far in 2011, while logging over 2,800 minutes. He has also added two assists.

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
« Reply #413 on: October 16, 2011, 06:49:41 AM »
For those in the NY area. Red Bulls having a greaaat offer for their final home game of the season so check it out.....

http://www.newyorkredbulls.com/news/2011/10/buy-ticket-get-free-red-bulls-replica-jersey

Offline fish

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Study the past if you would define the future"
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 18, 2011, 12:45:38 PM »

In a tight salary cap league, it is always important for Major League Soccer teams to find some great players at an even better value. The Columbus Crew have been no exception in 2011, getting big contributions from players nowhere near the top of the team's payroll.

5. Josh Gardner - $49,200 - Gardner has been pretty consistent in the midfield throughout 2011 for the Crew. When called upon, he has logged big minutes and started 19 times for the Crew. Since playing for the Galaxy a few years back, Gardner played in the U.S. lower divisions and most recently with the Carolina Railhawks. The Crew were able to pick him as a bargain for the 2011 campaign.

4. Tommy Heinemann - $42,000 - Heinemann has been used more in a substitute role for the Crew, but still has started 12 times while notching three goals and one assist in his first MLS season. Like Gardner, Heinemann was picked up from the lower divisions after a great 2010 with the Charleston Battery. With three goals and one of the lowest salaries on the team, Heinemann is easily one of the best values in the cost-per-goal category.

3. Julius James - $72,169 - James, picked up after D.C. United let him go, has been a huge part of the Crew's backline and has played and started in 29 matches so far in 2011. James play in 2011 has began to make him a regular call-up to his native Trinidad and Tobago Soca Warriors.

2. Robbie Rogers - $140,000 - Rogers' salary barely cracks the top 10 on the Crew, yet he is a U.S. international and has recorded a team-high seven assists so far in 2011. Rogers is at the end of his contract, and the Crew will likely have to pay much more in 2012 to keep him around in Columbus. His play has put him back in the USMNT picture under head coach Jόrgen Klinsmann. Rogers has also added two goals during the campaign. At the beginning of the season, Rogers seemed to possibly be out of the Crew picture. But in 2011, he has been a huge part of that picture.

1. Sebastian Miranda - $115,000 - Miranda has been great and has helped replace long-term pieces of the Crew defense during the offseason. He is the only Crew player to start and play all 32 games so far in 2011, while logging over 2,800 minutes. He has also added two assists.

Tallman, you hear Mauro Rosales making 42 grand??? I don't know how d frig Seattle get a man like he on that salary.

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
« Reply #415 on: October 26, 2011, 04:03:22 PM »
MLS playoffs kickin off tonight with a wildcard game...NY Red Bulls vs FC Dallas. 9pm Fox Soccer

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 26, 2011, 04:08:33 PM »

Tallman, you hear Mauro Rosales making 42 grand??? I don't know how d frig Seattle get a man like he on that salary.

That's about to change  ;)

http://www.prostamerika.com/2011/10/26/rosales-offered-likely-dp-status-51577/

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
« Reply #417 on: October 30, 2011, 08:52:29 AM »
yo anybody in d NY area wanna go to the Red Bulls vs LA Galaxy game today 3pm link me...i jus takin a $5 to call a beer so yuh safe

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Come support Birchall! Redbulls vs Galaxy Playoff tickets available!!!
« Reply #418 on: October 30, 2011, 09:05:01 AM »
Game time 3pm today @ Red Bull Arena, New Jersey

Price: $5

PM 2cents for details!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 09:07:23 AM by FireBrand »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Come support Birchall! Redbulls vs Galaxy Playoff tickets available!!!
« Reply #419 on: October 30, 2011, 09:09:19 AM »
Allyuh sitting dong on top de stadium fuh dat price or what?

1]; } ?>