March 29, 2024, 03:18:43 AM

Author Topic: MLS Thread  (Read 115760 times)

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
Re: Come support Birchall! Redbulls vs Galaxy Playoff tickets available!!!
« Reply #420 on: October 30, 2011, 09:21:05 AM »
lol nah seats in section 205...my bredrin and i are season ticket holders...we use our loyalty points to get the tickets last minute cuz they said the points not transferring over to next season...so was a use it or lose it scene. So $5 for Beckham and Henry etc cyar go wrong
It's only kinky the 1st time

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: October 30, 2011, 11:25:45 AM »
lol nah seats in section 205...my bredrin and i are season ticket holders...we use our loyalty points to get the tickets last minute cuz they said the points not transferring over to next season...so was a use it or lose it scene. So $5 for Beckham and Henry etc cyar go wrong

Good deal... wish I was around woulda definitely come root for the Red Bulls.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: October 30, 2011, 01:08:23 PM »
wish i saw this earlier. i had too much things going on at once. steups man...
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
Re: 2011 MLS Fixtures & Updates.
« Reply #423 on: October 31, 2011, 10:47:10 AM »
Wow no love for d MLS on sw...great playoff games this weekend not a note. Marquez throwin ball and Donovan then sufferin a stroke was a big talkin point. Salt Lake rest 3 on Seattle playin bess ball.
It's only kinky the 1st time

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: November 02, 2011, 10:07:34 AM »
Galaxy Notebook: Birchall could replace Juninho

CARSON, Calif. — Throughout the year, LA Galaxy midfielder Juninho has been one of the club's most consistent players. The second-year loanee from Sao Paulo made major strides since his first season and is a key player on both sides of the ball.

Juninho, though, will play no role in Thursday's return leg against New York (11 pm ET, ESPN2/TSN2), but Galaxy coaches have some experience to turn to on the bench.

Chris Birchall has played at the highest level before — World Cup, World Cup qualifying, MLS Cup playoffs. The Trinidad and Tobago international hopes to add Thursday's match to his résumé.

"With the center midfielder we're losing in Juninho, there's only a couple of choices," Birchall told reporters at training on Tuesday. "I haven't been told for definite if it's going to be the case. I'm obviously hoping so because it would be a nice game to step into, but anyone who steps in is going to do a great job because that's the kind of squad we've got."

Birchall appeared in 23 matches this season, a year after logging 25 in helping the Galaxy win the first of two consecutive Supporters' Shield titles. In 2011, Birchall has been part of the rotation at midfield, appearing at times on the right flank in addition to the middle. Against the Red Bulls, Birchall will look to make it tough on opposing attackers who will certainly come into the Home Depot Center with one objective.

"All out attack, really," he said. "They have nothing to lose. They have to win the game. I'm sure that will be the emphasis. With the players they've got, the pace they've got they can do that to anyone on any given day. Hopefully that's not going to be us."

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
Re: List of Trinidad and Tobago MLS players.
« Reply #425 on: November 03, 2011, 11:30:21 PM »
Birchall had a decent game last night vs red bulls, who else on here saw him play? and he will play again on Sunday as well.. who watchin?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 11:32:36 PM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline lil damo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: November 04, 2011, 05:54:34 AM »
I saw Birchall as well and he looked good in the Def Mid role. When it comes to the national team tho I think Hyland is the better in that role. Our mid field is a strong point for once.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: November 04, 2011, 08:09:01 AM »
He had a good game for the role he played. Did the usual stuff, track players, close the passing lanes, made himself available for the pass. His passing and composure on the ball has improved. He had an excellent long range shot in the first half that the keeper could not hold and Robbie Keane had a great chance to score from the rebound but the keeper saved the rebound.

Depending on the formation being employed, there's room for both Birchall and Hyland. For a game of this importance because of the position we're in Birchall needs to be there, he's been there, done that, two world cup campaigns and a WC under his belt.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: November 04, 2011, 09:27:00 AM »
He had a good game for the role he played. Did the usual stuff, track players, close the passing lanes, made himself available for the pass. His passing and composure on the ball has improved. He had an excellent long range shot in the first half that the keeper could not hold and Robbie Keane had a great chance to score from the rebound but the keeper saved the rebound.

Depending on the formation being employed, there's room for both Birchall and Hyland. For a game of this importance because of the position we're in Birchall needs to be there, he's been there, done that, two world cup campaigns and a WC under his belt.

i for one believe that both should play especially if we are playing against stronger opposition to help protect the back line. Our creative attacking avenues should come from the wings on both sides with the two strikers. In either event both central midfielders are capable of joining the attack if required.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: November 04, 2011, 09:57:25 AM »
could never get people's fascination with 4-4-2 as it relates to TT, just never feels like a good fit for us..........to me anyways :P and lends it self to easily to "boom kick" ball, I think we generally look better in 4-3-3 variants, I know its still inconclusive and different personnel and may yield differing results, but 4-3-3 is working..... I would go 4-2-1-3 and have hyland and birchall sitting behind hector
------Hector-------
  Hyland--Birchall

then withdraw birchall or hyland for Tinto if yuh find yuhself needing more attacking thrust in d late stages
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 10:01:33 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: November 04, 2011, 10:12:11 AM »
could never get people's fascination with 4-4-2 as it relates to TT, just never feels like a good fit for us..........to me anyways :P and lends it self to easily to "boom kick" ball, I think we generally look better in 4-3-3 variants, I know its still inconclusive and different personnel be yield differing results, but 4-3-3 is working..... I would go 4-2-1-3 and have hyland and birchall sitting behind hector

------Hector-------
  Hyland--Birchall

Nah man.....4-3-3 will quicker give yuh that voom kick than 4-4-2. Our players are not technical and and fit enough to play that 4-3-3. Even if we did a 4-2-1-3, I don't see us having the player right now to play in that attacking mid position. I talking about a real tactical genius, not ah fella who could make some passes. Also we don't have that up and back winger or wing back for that matter. Carlos, some might say, but that's about it. It is a struggle to get our wingers to track back over the course of 90 minutes. Factor in the inconsistencies of our CB and we can be in real problem. In the 4-3-3 your back 4 must be good at defending in 3s (at the International level they have to be great).

The 4-4-2 is best suited to us right now I believe. It naturally give proper balance across the field. Our winger can attack as they like knowing they have cover, Wingbacks can go further up the field, overlapping wingers leaving the winger to cover, or the many variants that can happen on the wing in the chains on the side. Also with KJ as our major target we will have a great option for cross balls in 1v2 situations in the box. Therefore, it will not always be necessary to get that extra players all the way forward to assist on crosses coming in the box. The wingers can pinch in to the middle to help out the central players if under pressure, etc.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: November 04, 2011, 10:28:25 AM »
could never get people's fascination with 4-4-2 as it relates to TT, just never feels like a good fit for us..........to me anyways :P and lends it self to easily to "boom kick" ball, I think we generally look better in 4-3-3 variants, I know its still inconclusive and different personnel be yield differing results, but 4-3-3 is working..... I would go 4-2-1-3 and have hyland and birchall sitting behind hector

------Hector-------
  Hyland--Birchall

Nah man.....4-3-3 will quicker give yuh that voom kick than 4-4-2. Our players are not technical and and fit enough to play that 4-3-3. Even if we did a 4-2-1-3, I don't see us having the player right now to play in that attacking mid position. I talking about a real tactical genius, not ah fella who could make some passes. Also we don't have that up and back winger or wing back for that matter. Carlos, some might say, but that's about it. It is a struggle to get our wingers to track back over the course of 90 minutes. Factor in the inconsistencies of our CB and we can be in real problem. In the 4-3-3 your back 4 must be good at defending in 3s (at the International level they have to be great).

The 4-4-2 is best suited to us right now I believe. It naturally give proper balance across the field. Our winger can attack as they like knowing they have cover, Wingbacks can go further up the field, overlapping wingers leaving the winger to cover, or the many variants that can happen on the wing in the chains on the side. Also with KJ as our major target we will have a great option for cross balls in 1v2 situations in the box. Therefore, it will not always be necessary to get that extra players all the way forward to assist on crosses coming in the box. The wingers can pinch in to the middle to help out the central players if under pressure, etc.

and yet we were largely ineffective in 4-4-2 for first half of d b'dos game ..........like I said different personnel may yield different results, we could maybe play 4-4-2 the same way we looked in d second half with a "holder" and "runner" but the 4-3-3 experiments have looked much more promising thus far....JMO
I pity the fool....

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: November 04, 2011, 10:44:51 AM »

------Hector-------
  Hyland--Birchall

and yet we were largely ineffective in 4-4-2 for first half of d b'dos game ..........like I said different personnel may yield different results, we could maybe play 4-4-2 the same way we looked in d second half with a "holder" and "runner" but the 4-3-3 experiments have looked much more promising thus far....JMO

Look at Becks and Birchall last night in the LA vs Red Bull Game.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: November 04, 2011, 10:58:46 AM »
Look at Becks and Birchall last night in the LA vs Red Bull Game.

yuh have a non youtube link blocked in d office

and as I said personnel.............and after ah couple years of seeing us look flat and unimaginative in 4-4-2, it is refreshing to see us look a shade more enterprising ......I ent sayin we is no barca but we lookin more enterprising............... but again we come back to dat personnel bitch again so ....................
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 11:01:15 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: November 04, 2011, 01:05:58 PM »
BIRCHALL FTW!

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: November 06, 2011, 02:14:31 PM »
8.00 clock espn today lets guh "Me Mum".. Party on by me..
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
mls finals
« Reply #436 on: November 20, 2011, 04:16:39 PM »
first of all i could not find the mls thread so Moderators please merge fi mi .. Who tekin it on? I sipping sum red stripe and supporting birchall.. since so much of allyuh hate Donovan I guess allyuh hoping galaxy loose right?.. anyway anybody see zeppo lately? I eh hearing him at all.. unlike di bullerman reegafart and jah queen who all over we forum rubbing it in like bleachers ..I eh hearing zeppo..

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: mls finals
« Reply #437 on: November 20, 2011, 07:03:21 PM »
i watching this , LA all the way !
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: November 20, 2011, 08:58:41 PM »
This silver ball eh make fuh color blind people nah...

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: November 20, 2011, 09:08:37 PM »
Houston playing hit-and-hope right now.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: November 20, 2011, 09:33:44 PM »
bring on birchall

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: November 20, 2011, 09:39:48 PM »
Galaxy all the way, they are playing better and throwing away several chances.

On a side note:  soccer is growing at a rapid rate in the U.S while the demise of our football is spiraling down at a fast rate as well. Death at a funeral is the TTFF

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 20, 2011, 09:46:42 PM »
Burchall on '57 min

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: November 20, 2011, 09:48:00 PM »
MeMum to score the winner, watch de ride!!!!!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: November 20, 2011, 09:50:21 PM »
Why these commentators still slurping Beckham?

Birchie ent look like he was running that fast in Guyana...  ::)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: November 20, 2011, 10:00:17 PM »
Keane is a beast!
Youtube Channel

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 20, 2011, 10:00:34 PM »
Hard luck dey keep.
I feel if he hadn't touch it, it would have gone wide.
Now they could slurp Donovan

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: November 20, 2011, 10:22:21 PM »
GJ Birchie  :beermug:
Youtube Channel

Offline fish

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Study the past if you would define the future"
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 20, 2011, 10:26:34 PM »
Birchall get a ring!

BIG UP!

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 21, 2011, 01:11:42 PM »
Is birchall the first trini to win ah Cup?

1]; } ?>