April 13, 2024, 04:17:14 AM

Author Topic: Digicel  (Read 5463 times)

Offline Tigger

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Digicel
« on: April 06, 2006, 08:17:45 PM »
If Digicel really want to take over this volatile cell phone market.. I think they should become a main sponsor for the Warriors.. just like how the sponsor the W.I Cricket team..

Whey yuh think

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Re: Digicel
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 08:32:57 PM »
How much money Tstt put into the warriors so far...Who yuh feel sponsoring latapy. WHo yuh feel giving phone to players, coaches and admin.

Who yuh feel does give we rag, opener, confetti, thunderstix, smoke, riddim section. Who does provide the nice smallies in the burning white pum pum shorts in the game.

Who yuh feel put out full page ad and rallying cry for the warriors before each game.....Yuh never see Big and Small M in dem.

WHo yuh feel pay a artiste to write a song for the warriors and shoot video.

Who yuh feel take a squad to support the warriors in each away game

Who yuh feel does donate money to them with text to win.

Who yuh feel put the most money in the Warriors fund account

Who yuh feel does give out free poster of the national team

WHo yuh feel does set up table and chair on the promenade for the players to autograph the poster.

WHo yuh feel give me free ticket to two WC game

WHo yuh feel giving away Germany WOrld Cup packages just for usin the service

Who yuh feel have 2 Tstt jersey with a rastaman looking like strong Dwarika or a tall latapy on the front.

ALyuh too damn ungreatful

TSTT is the main sponsor of the Warriors breds...dem, Carib, Busta and Blue waters, and now adidas....nobody else. Everyone else is waggonist

Digicel done mess up the cricket and yuh want them mess up the football too.....yuh memory lil short breds.

Yuh does watch Spalk on a Sunday night on Gayelle?

Let Digicel take a big......................Steupppsssssssssssssss.

Digicel not competitive I walk in the park street store today. They phones more expensive and they rates higher.

Support yuh own...go TSTT.

P.S.....I do not work Tstt nor am I pleased with their service. But they have improved and is one of the few companies that stood by the Warriors thru the entire battle.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 08:35:32 PM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 08:40:29 PM »
Digicel sponsoring  SW.net
Talk yuh Talk

The only reason TSTT service will improve is because of Digicel.
Me eh care if they local I not supporting poor service until they shape up.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006, 08:45:02 PM »
DCS if yuh not supporting poor service what yuh used to use before?

A cup and string.

:rotfl:

Jest kicksin breds....but if yuh read the guardian or checked out the digicel store they ent competitive.

BTW since when Digicel sponsoring SW.net....I thought KND, Tallman and ttsportshop was the sponsors.

Offline Tigger

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2006, 09:09:28 PM »
How much money Tstt put into the warriors so far...Who yuh feel sponsoring latapy. WHo yuh feel giving phone to players, coaches and admin.

Who yuh feel does give we rag, opener, confetti, thunderstix, smoke, riddim section. Who does provide the nice smallies in the burning white pum pum shorts in the game.

Who yuh feel put out full page ad and rallying cry for the warriors before each game.....Yuh never see Big and Small M in dem.

WHo yuh feel pay a artiste to write a song for the warriors and shoot video.

Who yuh feel take a squad to support the warriors in each away game

Who yuh feel does donate money to them with text to win.

Who yuh feel put the most money in the Warriors fund account

Who yuh feel does give out free poster of the national team

WHo yuh feel does set up table and chair on the promenade for the players to autograph the poster.

WHo yuh feel give me free ticket to two WC game

WHo yuh feel giving away Germany WOrld Cup packages just for usin the service

Who yuh feel have 2 Tstt jersey with a rastaman looking like strong Dwarika or a tall latapy on the front.

ALyuh too damn ungreatful

TSTT is the main sponsor of the Warriors breds...dem, Carib, Busta and Blue waters, and now adidas....nobody else. Everyone else is waggonist

Digicel done mess up the cricket and yuh want them mess up the football too.....yuh memory lil short breds.

Yuh does watch Spalk on a Sunday night on Gayelle?

Let Digicel take a big......................Steupppsssssssssssssss.

Digicel not competitive I walk in the park street store today. They phones more expensive and they rates higher.

Support yuh own...go TSTT.

P.S.....I do not work Tstt nor am I pleased with their service. But they have improved and is one of the few companies that stood by the Warriors thru the entire battle.

Touches... I know you to be a smart man and write clever things..

But yuh miss the Point..understand the concept ah the question..

Bless up

Offline Tigger

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2006, 09:11:52 PM »
Digicel sponsoring SW.net
Talk yuh Talk

The only reason TSTT service will improve is because of Digicel.
Me eh care if they local I not supporting poor service until they shape up.

and dcs.. we not comparing airtime and voice services..we talking sponsorship.. :rotfl:

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2006, 09:16:01 PM »
I yet to own a TSTT cell.  I refuse to pay dem extortion rates they was charging.

And I does  :frustrated: when I home with dial up.

Why yuh think it doh have much home based posters.
TSTT again....the Jack Warner of the telecommunications industry   :devil:

I just joking on the sponsorship (though I think it might be a good idea AFTER the Peru game). 
I just see the headline today and SW.net come to mind.

And doh knock string and cup that used to work good in primary school   ;D

Courtroom.  Digicel CANNOT be the sponsors of the Soca Warriors....not anytime soon at least.  Can't have competing sponsors at the same time....unless you already know that and talking about something else    ???

The only way they getting any airtime in Germany is through the Warrior Nation and SW.net   :angel:

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2006, 09:19:49 PM »
Jest kicksin breds....but if yuh read the guardian or checked out the digicel store they ent competitive.

I notice that....some people tell meh the same ting.  But I only understand half the rates the Guardian online publish...the rest of the table eh make sense.

Whey Laqtel....local and new.  I hope they could survive.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2006, 09:44:26 PM »
If Digicel really want to take over this volatile cell phone market.. I think they should become a main sponsor for the Warriors.. just like how the sponsor the W.I Cricket team..

Whey yuh think

Alright Courtroom let me counter your opening statement and be Perry Mason like.

Your Honor, Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury.....

How does the sponsoring of the Warriors = Digicel taking over the "volatile" cell phone market.

Given the success of Tstt and the warriors thus far, tstt being the major sponsor for the historic WC journey as well as being the sponsor of one of the fans favourite.......... Digicel thinks by spending some money on the TT football team it shall capture market share.

We saw how wonderfully digicel handled the other TT and West Indian passion........"yes glorious cricket" and we eagerly look forward to the same with regard to our fledgling football team. It seems we just dont have enough problems as is.

I do not think that the Warriors and who gives them money will swing the pendelum and sway the masses away from TSTT.

Rather what the people of TT want is exceptional service, no dropped calls, a proper billing system, cheaper rates and the implementation of new features previously unaccessible or too expensive to utilize. We want free nights and weekends, free roaming, free phones, an easy to use voicemail system, rollover minutes and a good warranty plan on phones.

When driving from Maracas I would like to ask my friends in town what they want on their Bake and Shark, and when in a party, a text that I send to the good looking smallie in white by the door reaches on time...or at least before the party finishes.

If the spending of money on the Socawarriors can accomplish these feats then by all means I shall join the digicel crew and I will encourage others to hop on board as well.

Can national teams have a corporate logo on their Uniforms..........Ooops I didnt think so.

Can the injection of cash to Dwight and company get me the bake and shark order correct? Or the smallie to meet me by the bar?

No further questions your honor.

DCS....doe scorn we thing down here nah man it not that bad and is getting better, free phones now and 50 cents a min. and 1$ long distance a min. DSl coming on stream.

Offline Tigger

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2006, 04:49:18 AM »

Whey yuh think

Alright Courtroom let me counter your opening statement and be Perry Mason like.

Your Honor, Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury.....

How does the sponsoring of the Warriors = Digicel taking over the "volatile" cell phone market.

Given the success of Tstt and the warriors thus far, tstt being the major sponsor for the historic WC journey as well as being the sponsor of one of the fans favourite.......... Digicel thinks by spending some money on the TT football team it shall capture market share.

We saw how wonderfully digicel handled the other TT and West Indian passion........"yes glorious cricket" and we eagerly look forward to the same with regard to our fledgling football team. It seems we just dont have enough problems as is.

I do not think that the Warriors and who gives them money will swing the pendelum and sway the masses away from TSTT.

Rather what the people of TT want is exceptional service, no dropped calls, a proper billing system, cheaper rates and the implementation of new features previously unaccessible or too expensive to utilize. We want free nights and weekends, free roaming, free phones, an easy to use voicemail system, rollover minutes and a good warranty plan on phones.

When driving from Maracas I would like to ask my friends in town what they want on their Bake and Shark, and when in a party, a text that I send to the good looking smallie in white by the door reaches on time...or at least before the party finishes.

If the spending of money on the Socawarriors can accomplish these feats then by all means I shall join the digicel crew and I will encourage others to hop on board as well.

Can national teams have a corporate logo on their Uniforms..........Ooops I didnt think so.

Can the injection of cash to Dwight and company get me the bake and shark order correct? Or the smallie to meet me by the bar?

No further questions your honor.

DCS....doe scorn we thing down here nah man it not that bad and is getting better, free phones now and 50 cents a min. and 1$ long distance a min. DSl coming on stream.

oh gorm boy... yuh like to type ehh

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2006, 04:54:38 AM »
B-MOBILE

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2006, 05:01:36 AM »
KND was never a sponsor and ttsportshop not there any more, de sponsor now is sportworld1.com....

Digicel using flex slang (talk yuh talk), maybe he could sue them. Ah hope he copyright it, we moving like Jack now, that is de only way to make money, legal and illegally, we taking all..
« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 05:04:40 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2006, 05:37:14 AM »
If we want to talk about Digicel and sponsorship perhaps the best place to direct such sponsorship is with the Pro League and Super League.

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2006, 07:16:54 AM »
If we want to talk about Digicel and sponsorship perhaps the best place to direct such sponsorship is with the Pro League and Super League.

I like that idea...

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2006, 09:28:23 AM »
i line up infront of digicel for hours only to recieve
a Juzzy and a pen

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2006, 09:39:49 AM »

Whey yuh think

U really think so? i beg to differ!!  Remember, some of our players have long term contracts with TSTT.  So what allyuh feel go happen?

Digicel go do what dey do with W.I. Cricket!!  No gayle, no lara, no sarwan, no bravo...etc!!

No latas, no yorke, no stern in germany!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline thane

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2006, 10:22:44 AM »
ah hear bmobile is the rel ting in trini nowadays for real

Offline Tigger

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2006, 10:23:06 AM »

Whey yuh think

U really think so? i beg to differ!! Remember, some of our players have long term contracts with TSTT. So what allyuh feel go happen?

Digicel go do what dey do with W.I. Cricket!! No gayle, no lara, no sarwan, no bravo...etc!!

I see yuh point dey Dre..

But Plenty Teams.. In all Sport..There are sponsers.. and the team members (players)  have individual sponsors who are the competition for the team sponsors.. its not strange.. in fact its very common place in Sport(Basketball, baseball, soccer)..

But its nothing to Cry about.. this forum is about suggestion and views.. and this is just my view...

good point though..

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2006, 10:29:34 AM »

Whey yuh think

U really think so? i beg to differ!! Remember, some of our players have long term contracts with TSTT. So what allyuh feel go happen?

Digicel go do what dey do with W.I. Cricket!! No gayle, no lara, no sarwan, no bravo...etc!!

come andre doh type dem kinda ting nah i is a man who does cry easy
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2006, 05:52:19 PM »
The originator of this post is obviously knows nothing about the history of Digicel and the WI team. The only player on contract right now with C&W is Lara Digicel selected the WI team and all C&W players were not selected because they had contracts. The fact that the WICB is a bunch of jokers is another story.

TSTT service has been piss poor for years and evey body including me was going to line up to get rid of TSTT mobile. However, since they messed up the cricket and had thse offensive ads about the lazy lepoards, Digicel ain't seeing 1 cent of my money. i stop going cricket since they take over the sponsorship of cricket and the same will happen with football.

They support the Regaee Boyz and we see how great they are doing. Digicel go back to Ireland where you belong.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2006, 06:00:22 PM »
They support the Regaee Boyz and we see how great they are doing. Digicel go back to Ireland where you belong.

And leave we to TSTT?

YUH MAD!!

You feel TSTT woulda sponsor everything under the sun if Digicel wasn't around?
All kinda network upgrade and price cuts.

Thank Digicel for that NOT TSTT cuz they could have done that long time.

I supporting the competition because it is better for T&T.....get a better product from both sides.
Digicel won't make the same mistake they did with the cricket.
I doh understand how the WICB could sell out the players nah.

Lets see how long it take to banish dial-up with people like GREEN DOT on the scene.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 06:02:29 PM by dcs »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2006, 06:16:55 PM »
I doh understand how the WICB could sell out the players nah.

The WICB never cared bout the players, before, now or in the future.

Besides....that whole Digicel thing was a smokescreen to get rid of Lara from de WI team.  They thought they coulda shame he into leffin.  Dey drop dey hammer, threaten to fire players if dey doh sign illegal contract, dey even bring een a foreign coach wit unprecedented powers to select team, decide on team strategy ON DE FIELD etc....all in a attempt to "castrate" Lara.

And wha he do?  Snooker dey tail, give up de poisoned chalice call WI captaincy in a stance of standin wit de players, and de man who along wit Chetram Singh, connive to get de WI captaincy was crowned.  Look  whey he is now.  De wuss captaincy record in world cricket EVER and he cyah buy a flikkin run.

And who come out smellin like a rose?  Brian Charles Lara.  Still de ONLY WI player other countries fear, the only one fans come out to see.....Australia basically threaten WICB and tell dem if dey eh pick Lara, doh boddah sennin no team.

De WICB is a setta wutliss, corrupt, incompetent, Sc**tS.  GOD doh like ugly and HE certainly doh sleep.  Digicel go get dem own soon enough.  Dey did come on de WI cricket scene big, bold and loud....send a man to spy on players and have he report back to WICB bout all kinda nastiness de players was allegedly doin, dey select de WI team and captain.  Now de team dey "invest" in lorsin every flikkin match and de ONE JEWEL on de team, dey cyah touch because he contract iron clad.  Dey have to eat dey biscuit and hush dey mout now.  See how dey boil dong like bajee.

But Digicel never care bout WI cricket as dey loudly proclaim.  Dem jes see a opportunity to put a foot in de door of de WI markets dey was tryin to enter.  Smart business move.....horrible execution.  A POX on dem.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2006, 06:28:21 PM »
i love how dis thread turn basically to a cricket thread...altho it damn true...steuuuuuupse...does hurt me heart to watch that team play..and i not even old enuff to remember the true glory days
Back in Trini...

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2006, 06:31:33 PM »
Smart business move.....horrible execution.  A POX on dem.

I never understand why they kept pursuing it.
It was obvious to everyone other than them that their sponsorship had turned into a disaster.  TSTT couldn't have come up with a better smear campaign than what Digicel did to themselves.  It made no business sense and I cah understand how it went on so long without some big wig at Digicel getting fired.

But I don't care....I not looking for no "nice" company cuz TSTT ain't so nice demselves.  I just want straight up good competition...they unlikely to earn a lot of "loyal" customers because of the cricket but the better product will win out in the end so they could fight each other till they blue in the face I don't care once we benefitting (no more cricket repeats).  Walk with yuh bag and take all the free ting from BOTH of dem   :devil:

Let Digicel go sponsor some other smaller entities surrounding football if they can't get the National Teams. (like Pro League as people say)
Eh allyuh remember that Jamaican cigarette(or beer?) company that was in T&T years ago that sponsor something with football?
edit: it was Craven A when they was trying to penetrate the T&T market but I think they buss
« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 06:33:12 PM by dcs »

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2006, 06:40:05 PM »
yeah craven A....was super cheap cigarettes if i remember correctly...they had a real agressive ad campaign and ting...but never really stood a chance against Du Maurier
Back in Trini...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2006, 06:42:46 PM »
We know if Digicel was not around TSTT will be sponsoring zero and we know it was a plot to get rid of Lara. My point is that every living soul in TNT was fed up with TSTT and was waiting for competition. It is obvious that everybody but the nut in Digicel Marketing was aware of that. Who cares that Lara, Bunji, Machel, Sherwin, Yorke and Latapy and God knows who else.

We are not the US where we worship our celebrities so unless God  had done a promo for TSTT I had plan to change providers but since I may be one of the lazy leporads that their ads refered to. Or am I to assume that the lepoards are solely staff at TSTT and the rest of the society are  good. I hope that no leporads are employed.

Not to mention the fact that Digicel is anti union another beef I have with them. I await the CWU penetrating them and we will have the first Digicel with union representation.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2006, 07:06:39 PM »

First time I hearing about lazy leopards.
Sound like these people need to hire some Trini people in their marketing department.

As for the Union...it eh have any company that want to deal with that.

Offline Saintz

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2006, 07:18:52 PM »
[glow=red,2 ;D]...Steuupzzzzz...[/glow]
Digicel partnering with the Warriors.... Utter Bullsh!t

Please... u take we cricket and look wht u do.... keep ur stink irish mudasc**t hand away frm we football!

:rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl:
It doesn't Get too Much better Thn ths...

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2006, 07:47:36 PM »
[glow=red,2 ;D]...Steuupzzzzz...[/glow]
Digicel partnering with the Warriors.... Utter Bullsh!t

Please... u take we cricket and look wht u do.... keep ur stink irish mudasc**t hand away frm we football!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: Well boy... I guess you AINT switching
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2006, 09:08:25 PM »
dcs

The ads were more than offensive. As for the unions nobody wants to deal with them but how our iR system is set up it is to your benefit to be a member of a trade union. It save you nuff time and money

1]; } ?>