April 19, 2024, 07:17:08 PM

Author Topic: Personnel needed for Inter Milan Camp  (Read 3370 times)

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Personnel needed for Inter Milan Camp
« on: April 08, 2006, 06:35:49 PM »
Hi All T&T based,

If you Have coaching Exp , good with kids, freee from the 18th - 22nd of Apr 2006, and willing to help out in the inter milan camp, PLEASE msg as soon as you can..

The Nation Needs You..!!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 09:01:14 AM by Tallman »
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
Re: Personnel needed for Inter Milan Camp
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 02:08:35 AM »
ill do it.

I have coached enough little gremlin children.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 06:50:32 AM »
Hi All T&T based,

If you Have coaching Exp , good with kids, freee from the 18th - 22nd of Apr 2006, and willing to help out in the inter milan camp, PLEASE msg as soon as you can..

The Nation Needs You..!!
       What's the problem with this Camp,with the kind of ratings that it got i thought there would be a better/good response to it from Coaches and kids,if this Camp is properly planed they should not be looking for Coaches a week before it's ready to start.

La Foucade in the Camps business for years and should know if you are catering for 300 kids how many Coaches you going to need,the age groups of the kids,most of your registration for the Camp have to be done upfront.

If Coaches are being paid they should not have any problems to get personnel to run the Camp,also this could be an opportunity for our Coaches to work with these Inter Milan guys but they will not look at it that way,the other thing is if it's worth taking a week off from your job.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2006, 07:25:20 AM »
Hi All T&T based,

The Nation Needs You..!!
       What's the problem with this Camp,with the kind of ratings that it got i thought there would be a better/good response to it from Coaches and kids,if this Camp is properly planed they should not be looking for Coaches a week before it's ready to start.

La Foucade in the Camps business for years and should know if you are catering for 300 kids how many Coaches you going to need,the age groups of the kids,most of your registration for the Camp have to be done upfront.

If Coaches are being paid they should not have any problems to get personnel to run the Camp,also this could be an opportunity for our Coaches to work with these Inter Milan guys but they will not look at it that way,the other thing is if it's worth taking a week off from your job.

I eh know bout nobody else but yuh come across lil harsh dey to me Coop's.  Every plan have snags and sometimes no matter wha or how much contingencies yuh have, yuh might end up havin to fall back to Plan X.  So it go sometimes.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline oconnorg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2006, 08:44:30 AM »
Hi All T&T based,

The Nation Needs You..!!

I eh know bout nobody else but yuh come across lil harsh dey to me Coop's.  Every plan have snags and sometimes no matter wha or how much contingencies yuh have, yuh might end up havin to fall back to Plan X.  So it go sometimes.

Geeze coops. Seriously.. thats a bit harsh.. Let me give you a lil break down..

The Camp was originally for 300 kids.. Due to the over whelming response they are up to 450.

Dion DOES have people already, but due to the extra kids, every little additional help wont hurt so he asked If I knew any one..

thats why i posted it on the board to see if any one here interested...

p.s. Dion Speak VERY highly of you man..

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2006, 09:25:21 AM »
So say my child has signed up for this camp, how much coaching is he going to get from the Inter Milan coaches?

I never went to one so I don't know how it usually runs.

Offline oconnorg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2006, 09:30:01 AM »
So say my child has signed up for this camp, how much coaching is he going to get from the Inter Milan coaches?

Well in the case for this Inter camp, they
 paid for an exttra coach from inter to come down because of the response .. These coaches are goign to give specifice instructions to the assisting coaches..

My guess is that each coach take a batch of 75 or so kids..

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2006, 09:49:01 AM »
First of i want to say if i some how came across harsh i'm sorry,is just that i'm a professional and i look at everything from a professional point of view.

I'm in the Camps business too and if you originally stated your Camp going to be 300 kids and everything planed for that amount of kids you close your doors when you reach that quota,the way things going it has become about money and not the kids,the quality of the Camp going to drop,is better if he had two Camps of 250 kids,where in T&T are you getting enough quality Coaches for 400 plus kids,it's anybody who play Football going to coach these kids,is that what your child going to pay $300.00 for?

We talk about improving the standard and level of our Football and this is what we accepting,may be we don't know better so it's fine,the thing is Dion did not expect this to turn out this big so he is not prepared for it.

I and Dion are very good friends so i don't want any one to get the wrong idea,we worked together in T&T in the 80's at Ken Elie's Camps he was an apprentice at that time,he even worked with the company i'm working with one Summer because we hire Coaches every Summer,we are in touch with each other all the time.

I'm just dealing with the Camp itself and how it's being organized/run,it seems like every plan it have in T&T always have to fall back on plan X and that mentality have to change,we are used to accepting anything tese guys got to offer.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2006, 09:50:12 AM »
a good idea would be to split dem up in age groups, 15-18 with one coach, 11-14 with another, 7-10 with another and 5-6 with the last one, then use the assts for the numbers in each group  :beermug:

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2006, 09:51:32 AM »
When is this camp taking place? I would freely  give of my time and expertise having coached  many youth teams here in Alberta.

Compensation is not the issue; I know in my days we did not have this sort of  training for youths growing up. You learn the game on the streets, in the village grounds and  yuh run  small goal and  'sweat' until you pick up teh  intricacies of the game. To have this initiative is a great impetus for our growth and development of the game.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2006, 09:59:47 AM »

Well in the case for this Inter camp, they
 paid for an extra coach from inter to come down because of the response .. These coaches are goign to give specifice instructions to the assisting coaches..

My guess is that each coach take a batch of 75 or so kids..
       I don't think we should be guessing here,the Camps we do are Residential where kids live in for the week,the numbers range from minimum 400 kids,the most kids a Coach work with is 16 in that way you can control and pay more attention to them individually.We also do day Camps where it's a bit different but the player Coach ratio is small.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2006, 10:59:34 AM »

Coop's, it might have more pressure on Dion to expand the size of the camp than if he was doing it in the States.

He may want to say no to expanding it but think of how many parents begging and then pressure from all sides to make it happen since is a one-time thing.  Not that easy to say no at home.  Trinis don't take no for an answer very easily.

They bringing in another coach from Inter so hopefully the quality stays.  The coaches/apprentices might benefit from this too not just the players....granted is a one-off event. (if it goes well then maybe not?)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2006, 11:55:38 AM »

Coop's, it might have more pressure on Dion to expand the size of the camp than if he was doing it in the States.

He may want to say no to expanding it but think of how many parents begging and then pressure from all sides to make it happen since is a one-time thing.  Not that easy to say no at home.  Trinis don't take no for an answer very easily.

They bringing in another coach from Inter so hopefully the quality stays.  The coaches/apprentices might benefit from this too not just the players....granted is a one-off event. (if it goes well then maybe not?)
       The thing is in the States,a camp like this is bad for business because their is so much competition that the next time you not going to get that kind of response,people going somewhere else.The bottom line is what we want quality or quantity.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2006, 12:34:07 PM »
I agree that the quality of this camp is bound to go down if you accept 150 extra players and only 1 more Inter coach.  That is unfair for the players.  It does not make sense anymore because the effect of the Inter coaches is lessened.

How many Inter coaches will be there, and how many other coaches??

Now all somebody have to do is organise an AC Milan or other similar big-club camp and dey will pull in real business.  Which I am all for since it will be good for the players.

Offline oconnorg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2006, 12:42:31 PM »
Hey coops. I respectt yopur oppinion so iz ah cool scene now ..  :beermug:

HE has 5 -6 Inter coaches in the camp..

Yall trust me when i tell you Dion DID want to cap the amt of kidz at the camp, People BEG, Screem, BEG for their kids to be let in.. Even I begged, and still begging for some kids.. People just want their kids to have the opportunity.. Its not just about the money...

coops if you have msn link me up nah..

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2006, 12:48:55 PM »
My experience in open camps has been less than satisfactory. As a matter of fact I consider them largely a waste of the attendees time, in terms of its affect on their playing ability. Hence I have not participated in one in about 15 years. However camps focussed on specific phases of play and/or technique improvement I find much more useful.
Live large and prosper!

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2006, 01:24:28 PM »
Hey coops. I respectt yopur oppinion so iz ah cool scene now ..  :beermug:

HE has 5 -6 Inter coaches in the camp..

Yall trust me when i tell you Dion DID want to cap the amt of kidz at the camp, People BEG, Screem, BEG for their kids to be let in.. Even I begged, and still begging for some kids.. People just want their kids to have the opportunity.. Its not just about the money...

coops if you have msn link me up nah..
      Aye breds no problem,i respect you also,we all in this to learn,it's just a matter of opinions and it's alright to disagree with what any one has to say,i usually enjoy sharing my knowledge and experiences with you all once we can keep it constructive.
      Dion have to learn from this experience and try and do this during the Summer which is the best time to run Camps because school on vacation,in that way you can run three or four weeks of Camps with smaller numbers,you will not need that much Coaches,more kids can attend,it's easier to control/manage,i don't think people at home will worry too much about which week their kids go they just want to experience what it's like.
      Dion's timing for the Camp is real good, with every one hyped up with  WC fever and that's what causing everything,everyone wants to play so you will find different quality kids mixed up although same age,as i said before good ideas/intensions but is how we go about it is what makes your Camp productive.My hope is he will continue doing this at other times in the year. 

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2006, 06:40:50 PM »
this camp will be gud

d normal structure go be   5-6 together     7-9 together  10-12 together 13-14 together 15 by itself and 16-18 together

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2006, 10:01:13 PM »
I have to jump in and agree with oconnorg on what he said bout ppls beggin and real wanting their kids to be a part of it.
Worked with Lafoucaude last yr for a while...was a good learning experience...and workined in last year int he Birmingham City camp.
it is real work going into that camp and i see how parents does move and REAL want their kids to be a part of this.
He really trying to accomodate as much as he can cause like it difficult for him to tell these kids who wanna play the game so much , that they can't come.

I know where he comin from with that. Not sure if i will be around this yr.

Hope it is a success

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2006, 08:40:45 AM »
This would be a wonderful experience for anyone willing to try

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2006, 10:24:28 AM »
this is how it works.....each day a circuit is set up for all the groups....and the international coaches visit each station for a while....so all the kids do get to work with them....and i dont miss de sweat with the parents vz the coaches....i played against some real good ones before...most notably   costacorta 's brother from ac milan..and some liverpool coaches..but de parents never win....is always real trouble to get de ball from dem men....eh
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline oconnorg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2006, 10:33:37 AM »
this is how it works.....each day a circuit is set up for all the groups....and the international coaches visit each station for a while....so all the kids do get to work with them....and i dont miss de sweat with the parents vz the coaches....i played against some real good ones before...most notably   costacorta 's brother from ac milan..and some liverpool coaches..but de parents never win....is always real trouble to get de ball from dem men....eh

Big man I wont be here for the last day of that camp, but please were a WN juzzy and red de parents  a WN again nuh  ;D

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2006, 10:39:43 AM »
once meh hamstings and ole groin hold up i will try everyting in my power oconnor...lol
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2006, 05:21:40 PM »
ill do it.

I have coached enough little gremlin children.

:rotfl: ;D :rotfl: :wavetowel:

Anyways, oconnorg, does it matter what level of coaching experience you have? I might have someone who is interested!!

Kingman
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 05:23:11 PM by kingman »

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline oconnorg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2006, 05:26:14 PM »
nah King man, it does not matter

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2006, 06:32:05 PM »
this camp will be gud

d normal structure go be   5-6 together     7-9 together  10-12 together 13-14 together 15 by itself and 16-18 together
u goin awa?

1]; } ?>